Easter occuring earlier and earlier...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
why is it that easter weekend seems to be occuring earlier and earlier each year?

last year im sure it was in the 2nd week of april, this time round its 4 weeks earlier!

Himse

FH is my second home
soon it will become

Eastermas!

or Christer!

think about it, chocolate eggs and presents for everyone! woots :clap:

Rubric

Part of the furniture
When is Easter?

What Date is Easter Sunday?

Most of our Western festivals are simple to predict. They either occur on the same date each year or at a fixed position such as "the first Sunday". Easter on the other hand is what is called a moveable feast. As such the date changes every year. Easter Sunday can fall on any date from March 22 to April 25.

The reason for this variation in the date of Easter is its origins in pagan festivals. The date is actually based on the lunar calendar rather than our more well-known solar one. There have been some attempts to change the date of Easter away from the old pagan-inspired lunar calendar, however these have met with little support.
The official definition of Western Easter is that it takes place on:
The first Sunday after the first full moon on or after the vernal equinox.When is Easter 2008?

The Western date for 2008 Easter Sunday will be March 23rd.

Western Easter dates for the next few years are:
  • 2008 March 23
  • 2009 April 12
  • 2010 April 4
  • 2011 April 24
Note that these are the dates for the Western Easter Sunday.
Computus

The method of calculating the date of Easter Sunday is known as "computus", which is simply the Latin for "computation". This can become very complex - for more information, see this article on Wikipedia.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Like Santamas, this holiday is no longer called Easter as it's roots lie deep in the feelings of "discriminative celebration".

It shall, from this day forth, be called...

Wait for it...

Legendaster!

Bunnies= Sex.
Choccies= Better then sex(i've heard).
Choccie eggs= Just plain better then normal choccies.
Candies around that time= Superb.
Perfect reason to drink, dres up stupid and find someone to bunny with, with a box of choccies.

It's nothing more then LEGENDARY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom