DR and Resist Buffs

Do You Think DR Resists Buffs Will Pwn Lw Weapons?

• Yes

Votes: 54 23.2%
  • No

Votes: 103 44.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 4.7%

• Total voters

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Do u think Lw Weapons will be kinda unasble for ns/sb/inf etc,
I know there was a thread about this before but ..
say u pop summin with heaters can they just pop resists and ill be hitting for xxx(-xxx) ?
im unsure on how thinks will plan out, currently trying to decide on spec/ra/tempand kinda worried ;o

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings,
Great poll... would like to see what ppl think here...
well... no not imo... a pierceshade f.ex. will still be running around dealing -10% dmg vs SB/inf where they can change to heaters for +15%... so even with the resistbuff up they deal a fair bit more damage with heaters than with piercers... and the debuff on 35% still pwnz any 10% debuff CW / GS has... that said I'm not sure I'd be using other LW's than heaters... perhaps vs hunters but that's it :p

Cheers,
Nylis

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Resists are casted i think, and alb stealthers will still face a slight disadvantage in this respect. Hibs/mids will be running around with 50% heat resists still (encountered these more often than not), whereas albs will have 36%.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that 50% vs 36% still gives an advantage :p

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Think most SB's will still be using them the CW debuff dosnt do enough to offset armour tables and rarly procs so its a choice of LW or LW imo.

illu

Part of the furniture
I think pretty much will stay the same, except fights will last ever so slightly longer because of the extra resistances, and the slight extra HPs people with champion levels will have.

Oli - Illu

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I voted no cause there will also be melee resist buffs =) So what illu said, fights will only last a little longer

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
I voted no cause there will also be melee resist buffs =) So what illu said, fights will only last a little longer

melee resist buff is 5% and short duration insta cast buff where as resist buffs lasts 10 minutes and you get vs 6 resistances :)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
It will change, LWs will probably be used less but not become obsolete.

In my case heaters will still be better than slash against NSs (36%-15%=21% vs 26+10%=36%) but no longer against SBs (21% vs 26-10%=16%) (For thrust users it'll be the other way around). Cold/matter will still be better than slash against rangers and mid chain but no longer against hunters.

However then you have to consider the fact that many people gimp matter and energy in particular so they can still be better than thrust/slash even if the resist tables suggest otherwise. Especially with energy, if you have sun weps up, I'd use them against virtually every soloer.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I intend to stick with LGW weapons for now and see what impact it has, with the debuff, which is higher then the debuffs on the CL weapons, I expect they will still be a good option.

However I do have back up plans incase it does turn out to be shit.

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i would rather use LW's when DR comes out i think that a lot of ppl will be going Malice/CW or GS/CW as a result archers will be specing high PD which will make them unkillable. Also i am correct in thinking there is still that 10% (or 5% not sure which) melle resist buff in the same line i know its active but 39% (34%) slash n thrust w/o a as good debuff isnt nice.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Iphis said:
Personally i would rather use LW's when DR comes out i think that a lot of ppl will be going Malice/CW or GS/CW as a result archers will be specing high PD which will make them unkillable. Also i am correct in thinking there is still that 10% (or 5% not sure which) melle resist buff in the same line i know its active but 39% (34%) slash n thrust w/o a as good debuff isnt nice.
Hmm good point, I'd never even considered that, guess we only take 5% off the effectiveness of LWs now, so SBs will take equal damage from heat and slash... oh the choices ;) As you said its active, but 1 minute duration on a 5 mnute timer is kinda like remedy or purge 3, can be used virtually every fight.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
afaik the proc on leggies only remove abou 17% of SC'd resists...but if u have resist buffs it takes closer to 35%..so the proc shouldnt be worse off :) but as for table before proc I doubt it'll do much really :) (speaking mostly from NS PoV..havent played my Inf for a while)

/Dracus

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with CL abilities is that the vast majority are simply not worth using as a melee class.

I'd love to try the desease or gtaoe lines but what would be the point? It would be very rare that i'd have chance to cast them in a fight and more often then not would be interrupted regardless.

I imagine it will be much the same with the style lines for spellcasters, a nice idea in theory but suicidel to actually attempt to use them rather then running.

With this situration its only naturally that most people, myself included, will look towards the resistance buffs which are either up for 10 minutes at a time or are instant cast.

I think mythic need to rethink how the spell CL's work to make them more appealing, perhaps by making them uninteruptable, but on a recast timer to stop them being spammed.

Saje

Loyal Freddie
Mxn said:
Do u think Lw Weapons will be kinda unasble for ns/sb/inf etc,
I know there was a thread about this before but ..
say u pop summin with heaters can they just pop resists and ill be hitting for xxx(-xxx) ?
im unsure on how thinks will plan out, currently trying to decide on spec/ra/tempand kinda worried ;o
they are castable! noob

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
I'd love to try the desease or gtaoe lines but what would be the point? It would be very rare that i'd have chance to cast them in a fight and more often then not would be interrupted regardless.
I'm defo going with the GTAOE line personally, I already know the spots where 80% of assassins camp, and by twisting stealth with speed, I can find out if there is one nearby ("you are too close to an enemy to hide"). Currently I have to simply jump around and hope they attack me, but many simply to do not - with GTAOE i'll simply hit a GT macro, then cast and bang, the stealther will be uncovered. I never get PAd from speed, so those who consitently beat me will still continue to do so, but it will mean I'm not restricted to fighting only the top solo stealthers.

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
I'm defo going with the GTAOE line personally, I already know the spots where 80% of assassins camp, and by twisting stealth with speed, I can find out if there is one nearby ("you are too close to an enemy to hide"). Currently I have to simply jump around and hope they attack me, but many simply to do not - with GTAOE i'll simply hit a GT macro, then cast and bang, the stealther will be uncovered. I never get PAd from speed, so those who consitently beat me will still continue to do so, but it will mean I'm not restricted to fighting only the top solo stealthers.

and while u stop and cast ure 3sec fixed casttime gtae the stealther will not move aye

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
300 radius, thats slightly over the width of a bridge in diameter, and a long way to walk in 3s while stealthed. I figure if I'm quick enough and don't let them realise I realise they're there then I should pull it off often enough ;) Add to that the fact I'll be able to stealth to say 800 units of common spots such as bridge arches then cast it, and I'd say it'll be fairly reliable.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
alot mid-high rr stealthers/soloers ive met have got em1-2 + aom1-3 already so i would guess those ppl will drop some RA resists for the DR resists...

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
biggest problem with the resist line is that they dont stack with other buffs.. also the ones i could use is at the 5th step.. so 10% slash/crush/thrust would cost me all my champion lvl points.. thats jut too much.. im going to get some castable fun spells not to be so bored at sieges.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
biggest problem with the resist line is that they dont stack with other buffs.. also the ones i could use is at the 5th step.. so 10% slash/crush/thrust would cost me all my champion lvl points.. thats jut too much.. im going to get some castable fun spells not to be so bored at sieges.
Melee resists were nerfed to 5% also.

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Any assassin that dosnt have over 5 good weapons he can use in his mainhand is a newb. :) I dont think DR will change that

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Heat LW's will still be excellent. Even if people got an extra 100% resists, the heat lw's would still debuff a good amount and increase the damage.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Technodave said:
Any assassin that dosnt have over 5 good weapons he can use in his mainhand is a newb. :) I dont think DR will change that

Why would you want to use anything other then Malice? It's the choice of Champions :clap:

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Why would you want to use anything other then Malice? It's the choice of Champions :clap:

perhaps to land another dot(if enemy purged, or resisted), or str/con debuff, or crippling poison, or some other mean things imo :)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
SBs dont have any option, at least not yet.

I rather jump from a bridge in rl than attack a ns with slash.

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
I intend to stick with LGW weapons for now and see what impact it has, with the debuff, which is higher then the debuffs on the CL weapons, I expect they will still be a good option.

However I do have back up plans incase it does turn out to be shit.

What you say here has got fook all to do with what goes on in rvr land. The impact on all these varianses has a minor impact on 1v1 which you partake in mostly. You made a nice movie once in a while where an arms looks good but we are not all negative to the changes which occure in this game.

Lets all bow to the great arms from excal and be greatfull thats hes an alb:clap:

Hmm I may regret making this thread but it has to be said.

I may add this is not a jealous thread:touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom