Do A GoA Have The Right To Bannd My Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamah

Banned
GimmlyTheDorf said:
YOU CAN NOT BANND ME OVER SOMETHIN I HAVENT DONE WHERES THE PROOF?.

I think they should have banned you just for that insult to English teachers! :<

Oh and good ridance...one of the bigger turds of the daoc community has finally been taken out to the trash :).

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
rofl coming here whining about you getting banned and saying goa cant ban you if they want(have evidence, as they have, an mulitple accusings before that).

one retard less, more attacking with stick goa! great work! :D

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Can only concur with the crowd: Great job GOA! :clap:

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Nice read :D Gimmly i think you should come and fight Gary yourself as well xDD He is like Black belt in kung fu or some shit, might be gay but he is still a triple hard bastard :p

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Can GoA ban your account? Yes.
Can they do so in accordance with the Terms & Conditions? Yes
Will GoA say that it is legal? Yes.
Is it legal? Maybe, maybe not. I am not aware of this having been tested.

Ignoring the fact that the law varies from country to country and how it is interpreted in different courts also varies here are a few - real - examples:

Easy one first: You buy a car from a used car from a dealer, turns out to be the fuel tank blows up. You signed lots of paperwork saying you were buying the car as is. Dealer position: we just sell it. Company position: act of god etc. Legal: no. Both the supplier and the dealer are liable.

Another: You buy a shirt from a shop, you put it on and shortly afterwards come out in blisters. Sign in the store says all sales are final, goods sold as seen. Shops position not liable and if anyone was to blame it was their supplier (for not washing the residual bleach used out). Legal: no. Shop liable: yes.

You buy a (BMG) music CD and 'discover' is has some anti-piracy stuff on it. Small print on back refers. (so you cannot put it on your iPod etc say whatever)
Terms and conditions accepted by opening CD: yes say the company.
Company position: 100% legal.
actually legal: recent court case says not. (In France and by extension in the rest of Europe).

As i said these are real and a central theme is that of a Duty of Care (you have a reasonable expectation of service). Product Liability and Disclosure may feature as well and then you may get into Privacy issues as well.

So can GoA ban someone - yes. ToCs - yes. Legal - probably unproven. Can evidence from 'outside' the game be used? Requiel's post suggests not but secondary evidence may be admissable. (Classic example is many drunk driving cases).

By way of closure when GoA say its not their fault that 'you' keep crashing; it must be your ISP; its outside the ToCs ...... are they fulfilling the 'reasonable expectation of care' that you have?

Gamah

Banned
Who cares if its "legal" or not..no ones gonna spend £1000's in legal fees to find out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
he maybe able to get that lawyer out of the simpsons to help him?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's as simple as this:

Mods of anything can ban anyone anytime even if its just a "bad day".

They don't need proof, they don't need a reason, they probably won't do it unless there is proof and so it has worked from eons.

Get over it.

Got to make a massive one day and make whining bannable...grr...

In a Seelist nutshell:

If it's in the CoCk, suck on it.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Who cares if its "legal" or not..no ones gonna spend £1000's in legal fees to find out.

leave him alone I enjoyed reading that!

Beautiful thread. Priceless.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
oh this is just too good, pwned :D

Btw, since you actually agree with the agreements everytime you log in, you agree to the fact that GoA can ban you whenever they feel like it, don't need any proof at all.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest he should have been banned before he reached level 10 just for using the name 'Gimmly'... :rolleyes:

Saw a Theurgist called 'Gadalf TheWhite' on Excal the other day... also worthy of a ban, or at least a renaming, imo!

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Yay Gratz GOA!!

And If telling someone where to buy a cheat is not advertising where to buy a cheat then I dont know what is!!

pwnd & good riddance. :kissit:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Alithiel said:
Saw a Theurgist called 'Gadalf TheWhite' on Excal the other day... also worthy of a ban, or at least a renaming, imo!

Rename if Gandalf TheGay.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
this thread is a hoax or? comon.. it can´t be real!
even human stupidity has a limit somewhere.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
ban away all you can imo!

the damn cheaters should be happy enough its not possible to sue em

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
this thread is a hoax or? comon.. it can´t be real!
even human stupidity has a limit somewhere.

Where human stupidity ends, i begin.

No wait...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
This is a classic!

Sad thing is, 6600GTs are pretty cheap at the mo :(

skunksmoka

Fledgling Freddie
Saw a Theurgist called 'Gadalf TheWhite' on Excal the other day... also worthy of a ban, or at least a renaming, imo![/QUOTE]

that is 1 dodgy guy suspected radar :wanker:

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
damn this is almost as good as the bulbul thread.

This dude has no horner!!

Sporez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom