Do A GoA Have The Right To Bannd My Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
After reciveing a e-mail from goa saying theyve terminated my account for Advertising the sale of third party tools and seeing they have no evidance/proof at all. Can they bannd me? the reson It was bannd because a speed hacker from pryd showed a screeny of a pm me saying search on ebay for demon66666 and see what im selling on fh pryd rvr section. And thats it I havent admiteing to do anything ingame or cheating or doing anything out of game as I didnt do it anway. Copy of the right now tickets surely they cant do this?.

Response (CM_EN) 05/10/2005 04:02 PM
Greetings,

We have investigated an incident of advertising third party program abuse and found your account to be involved. The specifics are:

Character: Mrpenetrator
Account: Login ID
Date: 09-05-2005
Details of the offence: Advertising the sale of third party tools.
Consequences for the account: Termination

When starting the game on the European servers of Dark Age of Camelot, you agreed to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA) and the rules established by the Code of Conduct.

- Article in the EULA:

6. Hacks, Modifications and/or Changes to the Game
You may not use any third party software to modify the Game to change Game play. You may not use intellectual property rights contained in the Game or the Software to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.

- Article in the Rules of Conduct

Legality
No illegal activity is permitted within the Dark Age of Camelot, on its site or more generally in the environment connected with the game. The encouragement of such activities or the supply of means by which such activities could be practised will not be tolerated.
It is forbidden to supply the means of access to software of an illegal and/or harmful nature (such as viruses or hacking/pirating programs).

- Article in the General Conditions:

GOA reserves the right to temporarily suspend or definitively terminate your subscription, effective immediately, in the event of:
- insolvability or expiry of your credit card. GOA wishes to point out that your account may be suspended or closed if we are unable to invoice your card if it has expired on the date you renew your subscription,;
- inability of GOA to check or authenticate the information provided at the time of subscription ;
- failure to meet any of your obligations under the present general subscription conditions;
- breach of intellectual property rights; In this respect, you acknowledge that the DAOC game contains elements protected by intellectual property rights and that GOA and/or any other supplier of its content remain the full owners of the relevant contents of the DAOC game and that you do not become the owner of these rights by downloading DAOC or by accessing your Player Account ;
- failure to respect the provisions of the DAOC Behaviour Charter, available to consult at the address http://www.camelot-europe.com.
- and more generally in the event of behaviour that GOA, at its entire discretion, judges harmful to its interests or to those of DAOC users.
In the event of the suspension of your Player Account or in the event of termination of the account by GOA for one of the reasons stated above, you lose the right to access your Player Account and the data contained in it and you will not be entitled to any reimbursement, in whole or in part.

Cheating is NOT tolerated in an online game and is not accepted on the servers of Dark Age of Camelot.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager.

Customer (Samuel STEVENS) 05/10/2005 05:02 PM

Hello,
Excuse me what the hell do you mean advertiseing third party programs and Cheating is NOT tolerated in an online game and is not accepted on the servers of Dark Age of Camelot.

I dont cheat I didnt advertise anything so you care to show me what ive done? and logs of this please? I goten a pm off Dwera yesterday about how she dusnt deal with cheats and baslicy said I do cheat.

Im extremly upset with this 3 years of work down the pan what a load of ball crap this is im not going to let it drop till im unbannd for something I didnt do YOU CAN NOT BANND ME OVER SOMETHIN I HAVENT DONE WHERES THE PROOF?.

I know requiel and another gm have a vendetta agenst me not surprised im bannd for something completey untrue?.

Cheers
Samuel

PS I will be takeing legal action if there is no evidance and a valid reson why my account has been Terminated for no reson at all.

Response (CM_EN) 05/10/2005 06:21 PM

Hello,

From the COC/EulA:

GOA reserves the right to temporarily suspend or definitively terminate your subscription, effective immediately, in the event of:
- failure to respect the provisions of the DAOC Behaviour Charter, available to consult at the address http://www.camelot-europe.com.
- and more generally in the event of behaviour that GOA, at its entire discretion, judges harmful to its interests or to those of DAOC users.

Legality
No illegal activity is permitted within the Dark Age of Camelot, on its site or more generally in the environment connected with the game. The encouragement of such activities or the supply of means by which such activities could be practised will not be tolerated.
It is forbidden to supply the means of access to software of an illegal and/or harmful nature (such as viruses or hacking/pirating programs).

That coupled with:

[05/09/05 21:52:52] [Login ID][Mrpenetrator]:[&send Encyptor look on ebay for user xxxx]
[05/09/05 21:52:58] [Login ID][Mrpenetrator]:[&send Encyptor see what im selling nub]

And that coupled with your trackrecord of griefing, crossrealming and encounter stealing will convince everyone you wish to take the "Legal steps" with that it is a lost case.

You had a couple of warnings. This time you weren't going to get a warning anymore.

Yours sincerely,

Customer (Samuel STEVENS) 05/10/2005 06:47 PM

Hey,
Excuse me? that means what excatally im selling a ford radio on ebay? Wheres the proof you can bannd me WHERES THE EVIDANCE right there is none so why am I bannd and I dont give a shit about the crap your posting your not following it so why should have to read it everytime?.

I would like to be unbannd please as I have clearly done nuthing wrong and the log you just posted proved that sir.

Cheers
Samuel.

Response (CM_EN) 05/10/2005 06:57 PM

Hello again,

Well
1. we believe we did proof it sufficiantly (and that is all that matters in cases like this)
2. one of the points from the CoC/EulA I copy pasted for you gives us the right to terminate your account if we think it's in the best interest of the game to do so. Without even needing proof.

So we have enough proof AND we don't really need it.

So even if you think we don't have enough evidence, proof or anything, you really don't have a lot to stand on and the decision is final.

Cheaters will not be tolerated.

Have a nice day.

Yours sincerely,

Customer (Samuel STEVENS) 05/10/2005 07:17 PM

You tell me

You dont have proof/evidance and yes you do need it because ive never cheated or selling/advertiseing them.

Learn what the EulA means.

I know cheaters arnt tolaerted thats why I dont cheat and advertise them as you claim.

The only evidance you have is a screeny from a speed hacker and a link to ebay of someone selling a guide posted on a public forum.

Also relating to freddys house your GM Requiel posted this probs you now. Can view link here https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=53277&page=2&pp=15

Requiel
[GOA] English Servers GM

A couple of things.
1: Our 'jurisdiction' only applies to ingame. If people say/do things via email/IRC/forums/IM/semaphore/whatever then we can't take action based on that.
2: How do we link the creator of a forum post with a DAoC account? If I create a new login called (for the sake of argument 'MidWholdar') then go spamming on forums about how I use radar, what my realm is doing in RvR and the best places to bug abuse, is it fair for Goa to ban the DAoC account based on that?

Having said that, I think most people agree that having RR details blabbed all over mass communication media such as forums or IRC is a bad thing for the general state of the game. Mostly the moderators enforce this by nuking posts and/or booting/banning the people involved. That however is not something that we can insist on nor can we get involved following that.

What would get you slapped by Goa is if you had information you could not possibly legitimately have ingame about enemy RvR action and started spamming it over your /as or passing it around your friends via /sends. Sending 'Hibs will be relic raiding at 9pm tonight, everyone wake up your mains' to /as would be punishable.

Can I have the number and the address for the goa office please.

Regards
Samuel.

And the enc stealing is bs I didnt steal anything. See goa bannd me quickly atlest they do something speedy but dont give a shit about the lag and radars though.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
GOA have the right to bad who ever they want afaik, if they don't and someone reported it, I'm pretty sure they can come up wikth thousands of reason for us all to be banned.

Haha, for once GOA did something good :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well yes and no, i guess they can check the IP of the person who logs on this account and cross referance it with the person who registered an FH account, also maybe the email address on ebay to the email address on your subs info.

besides all this from your sig it seems you are an account trader anyway - ban according to the coc.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Tilda said:
They have every right to ban you.
Not what EulA says and why do they? or you just trying to ass kiss up to the gms as useal one day you might just make more then E&E.

Raven said:
well yes and no, i guess they can check the IP of the person who logs on this account and cross referance it with the person who registered an FH account, also maybe the email address on ebay to the email address on your subs info.

besides all this from your sig it seems you are an account trader anyway - ban according to the coc.
They cant do that fh is not there forum and they cant the guide its illgal. What lol I aint no account trader.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
GimmlyTheDorf said:
[05/09/05 21:52:52] [Login ID][Mrpenetrator]:[&send Encyptor look on ebay for user xxxx]
[05/09/05 21:52:58] [Login ID][Mrpenetrator]:[&send Encyptor see what im selling nub]

pie.gif

Belomar

Part of the furniture
GOA do not have to justify anything to you, the first time you clicked "accept" upon starting the game you foreswore your rights in relation to your account under the terms of use. Basically, they do not have to prove anything, nor make public the evidence they collected. Having said that, I find it unlikely that the GMs would go so far as to terminate an account unless they had solid proof.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Yes we do. Here's the important bit:

CoC said:
GOA reserves the right to temporarily suspend or definitively terminate your subscription, effective immediately, in the event of:....and more generally in the event of behaviour that GOA, at its entire discretion, judges harmful to its interests or to those of DAOC users.
In the event of the suspension of your Player Account or in the event of termination of the account by GOA for one of the reasons stated above, you lose the right to access your Player Account and the data contained in it and you will not be entitled to any reimbursement, in whole or in part.

I would say that selling cheats is 'harmful to it's interests or to those of DAoC users'. You have been warned multiple times about your behaviour, the last time I had to punish you I specifically warned you that any further infringements, no matter how minor, would get your account permanently terminated. You chose not to heed that warning.

For the record it wasn't me that terminated you this time, I don't have a vendetta against you, you simply put yourself in my way with constant infractions and breaches of the CoC. Complaining that the GMs are pursuing some kind of campaign against you is like a serial burglar complaining that the police are discriminating against him because he's a criminal. You have created the situation for yourself and your own actions alone have put you in this position.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Requiel said:
Yes we do. Here's the important bit:

I would say that selling cheats is 'harmful to it's interests or to those of DAoC users'. You have been warned multiple times about your behaviour, the last time I had to punish you I specifically warned you that any further infringements, no matter how minor, would get your account permanently terminated. You chose not to heed that warning.

For the record it wasn't me that terminated you this time, I don't have a vendetta against you, you simply put yourself in my way with constant infractions and breaches of the CoC. Complaining that the GMs are pursuing some kind of campaign against you is like a serial burglar complaining that the police are discriminating against him because he's a criminal. You have created the situation for yourself and your own actions alone have put you in this position.
Yes but wheres the proof im selling cheats? there is none and im not.

Shame you wont have the pleasure of bannding me anymore :( and I thought last time you said it wasnt you eh?.

Well im not selling the stuff anyway. But I get the 3 months subs back off my bank so nps just 3 years wasted.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
in other news, one less cheat on the servers.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Yes but wheres the proof im selling cheats? there is none and im not.

Shame you wont have the pleasure of bannding me anymore :( and I thought last time you said it wasnt you eh?.

Well im not selling the stuff anyway. But I get the 3 months subs back off my bank so nps just 3 years wasted.

Ok so i went to the ebay and clicked buy and didnt pay, here is the email message i got. Never intending the buy anything.

Samuel Stevens <sastevens666666@btinternet.com>

Hey,
Are you going to send me the money? When you do I send you the guide.

Cheers
Sam

Your not selling it? Don't lie, your name is Samuel u dumbass proved by GoA and the name that ended this email :flame:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I'd lie low if I were you, Penlid, you're on a bit shaky ground in this department. ;) Nevertheless, there is another thread that is relevant here. For instance, this IRC quote is enlightening:
Jjura said:
Daocguides is ~sastevens@Gimmly.users.quakenet.org * Sam Stevens.
The plot thickens...

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Penlid said:
Ok so i went to the ebay and clicked buy and didnt pay, here is the email message i got. Never intending the buy anything.

Samuel Stevens <sastevens666666@btinternet.com>

Hey,
Are you going to send me the money? When you do I send you the guide.

Cheers
Sam

Your not selling it? Don't lie, your name is Samuel u dumbass proved by GoA and the name that ended this email :flame:
You did? you know my name just read up its on the posts so thats easyly faked.

Proved by GoA what they saw a screeny on fh and the same log of me saying check my user and see what im selling? that could mean anything?. And I hope you know what you did on ebay you can get fined for? ebay take the money out of your bank and give the guy that selling the guides listing fee back :).

And yet again that irc proves nuthing you cant punish someone or blame then with no proper evidance.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Just drop it, Gimmly, and pull back gracefully. You have nothing left to prove, I am afraid, and you are just digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Just drop it, Gimmly, and pull back gracefully. You have nothing left to prove, I am afraid, and you are just digging a deeper hole for yourself.

he should have dropped out from the opposite side of planet earth long ago tbh.. :wanker:

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Proved by GoA what they saw a screeny on fh

And you do not think they checked that against in-game logs? :eek:

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Otho said:
And you do not think they checked that against in-game logs? :eek:
Yes the only logs of me they have is saying search for my ebay user and see what im selling that proves fuck all

Mey

Part of the furniture
TBH it is abit harsh, but they have also proberly taken into account your pass actions. But to be banned for saying look at X user on Ebay to someone OVER a PRIVATE MESSAGE! is silly.... It is just that A PRIVATE message. IF you did /b i could understand.

Just my opinon, sorry for bad spelling i cba to look at it :X

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Mey said:
TBH it is abit harsh, but they have also proberly taken into account your pass actions. But to be banned for saying look at X user on Ebay to someone OVER a PRIVATE MESSAGE! is silly.... It is just that A PRIVATE message. IF you did /b i could understand.

Just my opinon, sorry for bad spelling i cba to look at it :X
just a pm and it happoned at like 9:20 last night its nice to see they react fast when they want to they dont do anything about bannding the radarers or speed hackers but they bannd the ppl that are apartnly selling daoc cheat guides but arnt o.0.

- English -

Resident Freddy
u r sam stevens tho :p

dont know if u r trying to say u r not or are ;p im kinda dumb :p

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Yes the only logs of me they have is saying search for my ebay user and see what im selling that proves fuck all

So what where you selling then, rag dolls?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The found your tells in the server logfiles. You screwed yourself over with that action.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Otho said:
So what where you selling then, rag dolls?
aye I dont realy give a shit about rr or items or anything I just wanted to finnish off my chars ive been playing 3 years and my main Gimmly rocks :clap:. But If I got another account now or new char anything it wouldnt fill the same and I just wouldnt play the game. I just wanted to finnish my char and exprince opted groups. But ive had a big impact on the game in that time im hated by most ppl and It was fun provokeing them on mid forum and see all the insults ppl throw at me.

And the only reson I was selling the guide was to help make money for my new gfx card so I could play daoc with out lageing like a bitch. But I dont see why I should stop now V2 will be out soon with links to undetactable radars !! GoA brought it on there self.

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
Helium said:

Well I tried this on my very first account were I starting beggin at lvl 3.. :p (2years ago), then some 1337 omg im god gay reported it and I then got a mail warning me about beggin and showing other kind of bad behaviiour ingame.. Ok sure dude, I asked this 1337ster; Hi could you please spare 1gold for new equipment! Thats all, then a month before i got offline I lamed abit on camlan (think it waas new then, dont remember really).

What happend on camlan was me steamrolling people congreen+, some guys from apocolypse guild?(or something like that) got angry and I sweared abit, then they went to allmighty GoA wich with the "evil beggin episode" I got TERMITATORSOR by some 1337 gay easy going gm.. :flame:

SORRY BUT IT DRIVE ME MAD WENN PEOPLE CANT HANDLE THERE FUCKING BUISSNES, HOPE FOR GOA'S SAKE THEY DONT DO WHAT HAPPEND TO ME AGAIN, BUT IF #1 IS TRUE I HOPE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE WILL BURN IN HELL OR GET IT FROM BEHIND BY A FOREST GIANT!!! And that people lick gm's and goa personels asses just cause they friends irl or just frog lovers is low, they need to show evidence else on the legal side it wont be very stabile..

/rant off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom