Do A GoA Have The Right To Bannd My Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thats what I was getting to

Imo, should be able to give the nasty burglar a slap for trying to steal my lubbly tv

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:

Imo, should be able to give the nasty burglar a slap for trying to steal my lubbly tv

get one of those old school wide screen tv's instead of a flatscreen. Any burgler that tries to steal one of the old school wide screen ones will be on your floor with a screwed back :)

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
WTF TARE

such taking out of context my quote in your sig

You of all people should now better!!!!

:)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:

thing is it depends on the situation and where is the line drawn?

for example if i see ur coming for me and i try to run away should you be allowed to grab me and kick the shit out of me?

or what if i try to apologise and just try and explain my situation whatever it is but then u throw a pan at me or something and knock me out or make me concust etc..

there should be laws to allow you to restrain them - not to attack them. bye restrain i mean lock them in a room or hold them under position aslong as u dont cause extreme harm.. if you do then you SHOULD be trialed for GBH or whatever because you werent paying care to the harm you could be causing.

if i attack you then you should be allowed to defend yourself ofcourse but not to the point where after youve knocked me out you kill me or whatever - i.e. you shouldnt be given the right to kill me, ofc if there is literally no other option then.

its the risk the burglar takes - but its a touchy area etc etc...

i know this is all off topic but i just think more people should think about this mnore than just "if u break in i should be allowed to cripple you"

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Breaking and entering,
Criminal damage,
Burglary.

If you catch him, restrain him, make a citizens arrest, call the police and you're fine.

If you find him inside your house and hit him over the head with a cricket bat then you'll be fine.

Thadius said:

You can aslong as he is inside your house - a number of cases that either the CPS haven't prosecuted or have been found not guilty in court. It's classed as using reasonable force to protect yourself or your property - just have to demonstrate that you were "in fear" of harm to yourself or your family, which if a complete stranger is in your house is quite easy to do ;) Only time it gets tricky is if he is trying to escape, even then if he is still inside the house should be fine.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
People actually gave some serious responses to my post. :D

Gimmly I do hope you lay off the warrior epic thingy if you reroll. Otherwise I'll have to scratch it.

Anyways, sleep rocks.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Lawyers wont be able to do shit I bet. They would simply laugh at you and refuse to take the job. ;) Its like some pubs might have 25 year old limit to enter. Even if you take it to court and go "Well, I'm old enough to drink vodka, I should enter tbh!", they would still just shake their heads.

A pub, a company, even a game can set their own rules. I dont think they would bring it up with lawyers and in court unless it was some constitutional laws broken. Like if you killed someone in a pub, but the pub had a poster as a joke, which said "Its legal to kill inside our pub, kekeke".

Strongly suspect any lawyer would take the case on because they get paid regardless of result if you approach them with a complaint like this.
Seriously .... lawyers and prostitutes have a lot in common.
Except the prostitute probably has higher morals.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
Seriously .... lawyers and prostitutes have a lot in common.
Except the prostitute probably has higher morals.

I know who's xmas do i'd prefer to go on

Comos

Loyal Freddie
lol now this was a good read :D

I never expected him to actually admit he was selling the cheats when I read his first post on this thread...
Good job GOA

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Raquiel posted this
Our 'jurisdiction' only applies to ingame. If people say/do things via email/IRC/forums/IM/semaphore/whatever then we can't take action based on that.

Not that it mathers now, but along time a go i called Thoarin (a E&E member) for ignorant prick on irc after a little fight i thought was fair. Anyway i had to bow under, and i got 2 weeks for calling him that on irc?
is that fair now ?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
[CE]Hjendug said:
Not that it mathers now, but along time a go i called Thoarin (a E&E member) for ignorant prick on irc after a little fight i thought was fair. Anyway i had to bow under, and i got 2 weeks for calling him that on irc?
is that fair now ?

What did the email from GOA say when they suspended you?

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
What did the email from GOA say when they suspended you?
unfortualy i dont have that email anymore but it said harrasment vs another player or something like that

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to see mythiey (excalibur's favourite son) to add a few more comments on the matter ;)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
I don't see e.g. how trading with goods/services (accounts or even virtual items) can be forbidden. It's like BMW telling you that you never will be able to sell the car you bought again. Some companies like Sony Online Enternainment realized that and allow item trading. CCP (EVE Online) allows character transfer to different accounts for a fee.
A car is goods, DAoC is a service, completely different. Many purchased services are non-transferrable; DAoC is really no different in that respect.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:
they just pure hated me thats why I got bannd. If I wasnt hated by them I wouldnt of got bannd because they had no evidance all they had was theorys and not proven evidance.

yeah next it will be " It's all politics". or "they are just afraid i'll wtf pwn them".

D00d , you need to cp the fup on ... or go back to your original Profession of choice .. **Fluffer boy for Ghey Pr0n movies**

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
yeah next it will be " It's all politics". or "they are just afraid i'll wtf pwn them".

D00d , you need to cp the fup on ... or go back to your original Profession of choice .. **Fluffer boy for Ghey Pr0n movies**

oh yeah thats real Mature nice going there mate

Evryone lay of him FGS, yes he has done same stupid think but no need to insult him

[SS]Gamblor' im not only blaming you but that was really imature mate just lay off

MythieY

Fledgling Freddie
Tubbs said:
I'd like to see mythiey (excalibur's favourite son) to add a few more comments on the matter ;)

aww i feel loved :)

well what can i say...

here goes

1, gimmly the gimp pm's me saying look at this on ebay
2, i look it's hacks for daoc
3, i email rightnow with a screenshot, and post it on FH(with names blacked out)
4, gimmly gets banned (what a shame)
5, gimmly denial's all and digs a hole for himself (and keeps digging)
6, search ebay and see's he's sold this "guide" to loads of people
7, watches as one moment there guide is there for sale on ebay, and the next moment it's not...hmmm must be my bad eye sight...i'm seeing things
8, gimmly likes boys i've been told
9, Samuel Stevens <no reason to post someone's email address> <---- same email address on ebay
Daocguides is ~sastevens@Gimmly.users.quakenet.org * Sam Stevens
<--- correct me if i'm worng, but i do belive that sam is also a sorted version of samual, and your name on irc being "daocguides" :wanker:
11, you cant punish someone or blame then with no proper evidance...screenshot, logs,past actions...
12, i am the one
13, no one really likes you tbh, your lower than the germ i just picked of the peice of cow poo i just cleaned of my shoe
And that coupled with your trackrecord of griefing, crossrealming and encounter stealing will convince everyone you wish to take the "Legal steps" with that it is a lost case
says it all really should have been perma banned along time ago

imo good on goa for acting fast on this matter i'd buy them all a beer if they where a bunch of gimps aswell :p:worthy:

MythieY

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
why did you have a peice of cow poo on your shoe?

took the dog for a walk and the silly thing ran into a field full of cows lol

Marc

FH is my second home
nakkiel said:
I know who's xmas do i'd prefer to go on

Dont you go to your solicitors xmas do? I mean, you spend most of your life in his office and 50% of his turnover comes from you.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Gotrag said:
oh yeah thats real Mature nice going there mate

Evryone lay of him FGS, yes he has done same stupid think but no need to insult him

[SS]Gamblor' im not only blaming you but that was really imature mate just lay off

still pretty funny tho

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Dont you go to your solicitors xmas do? I mean, you spend most of your life in his office and 50% of his turnover comes from you.

bit harsh :(

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Well, I used his own term; after all, Meduza himself admitted he had been using radar when he quit the game the first time over. Perhaps it's about solidarity, after all, feeling sympathy for fellow cheaters?
:eek7:

U seem to remember wrong... Or maybe u mistaken the words "had been" for "would have"?! Honest mistake, bro. I didnt use it, but I "would had" if only I could get that freaking linux to work! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom