Discuss RPs Last Week

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
euhm majik... lol you saying im making dutch ppl look retarted ?
since when can 1 person do that? (since when does this (whine)"forum" indicates all the people there are in the world?:p)

anyway:

i don't think there's any ez-mode realm.

there are lots of dif setups who are good vs a other setup.

to beat this: Healer Healer Skald shammy «mellee» «Mellee» «Mellee» «mellee»

albs can do: cleric cleric sorc, «bg», «bg» pbaoe pbaoe pbaoe
hibs can do: Druid Druid Bard, «bg» «bg» pbaoe pbaoe pbaoe

for mids to beat this: Healer Healer (ae stun) skald pbaoe pbaoe pbaoe pbaoe «bg»

etc...

if u keep running with the same setup u can expect that the enemy adapts to that.

like u hit a mellee group, u could run with a high spec buffer next run, for the 90% dmg absorb thingie.

should be pretty easy then.

what i mean is, vs each setup is a better one to be found..
(like, cat beats mouse, elephant beats cat, but mouse beats elephant:p)

Ging

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:
(like, cat beats mouse, elephant beats cat, but mouse beats elephant:p)

FG's of Elephants on Vent!!!!!! now i wanna see that :)

Svdeviant

Fledgling Freddie
Strange...but seems each realm is different than the others..
Mid is for Great Mellers
Hib is for Great Casters
albs is for...?dunno really..? :eek7:
Do not compare how grps can setup when no1 wanna make grp coz either they solo -duo or any other reason...after all..
When catacombs realeased seeems lots rolled a warlock-banshee specially from albs and some quit game..
And finally u cannot compare fg hibs fixed grp or hib >farming soloers or whatever at Beno bridge etc...and then u say alb zerg killed us...
K thx :twak:

vintervargen

Banned
bard warden druid druid eld hero bm bm

1 pet
2 banelords
2 battlemasters
2 chargetanks
nearsight
disease
speed5

sorc pally cleric cleric friar caba merc merc

2 pets
2 banelords
2 battlemasters
2 chargetanks
nearsight
disease(cabas get disease yesh?)
debuff-nuking

dont see why albs wouldnt be able to cope with this setup. (konah about blue pbaoe and s/c debuff.. lyl, play the class first ty)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
comparing those abilities is just silly..

best alb setup can compete with best mid/hib setup easy :)

majik

Banned
AngelHeal said:
euhm majik... lol you saying im making dutch ppl look retarted ?
since when can 1 person do that? (since when does this (whine)"forum" indicates all the people there are in the world?:p)

No I said you make them look fucking stupid.

Ging

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
disease(cabas get disease yesh?)

Afaik only Matter cabbies get disease - and u wont see many of them in fixed grp, nearsight is on body line afaik and body debuff is on spirit line - i coulld be wrong

u wont see disease/debuff/NS on same cabby - unless ofc hes strangely specced - then he would become a utility player not a nuker - which would imo be the main reson for cabby in group.

So use either Debuff nuker, disease or nearsight - u cant have all three. Possibilty the caba is split 50/50 body spirit which gives 30% body debuff and blue NS, but afaik most caba's that run in rvr are strong in spirit for the body debuff.

Soz vint but that seriously reduces the alb grp utility - ofc on top of that speed5 is MUCH better than speed4 (caster speed) - only way for albs to get that is to run with mincer and loose the bolt range mezz, aoe debuffs, aoe amnesia etc... Or u run a mincer + sorc and loose either friar/pally, loose friar u loose +26% heat/cold resist, loose pally u loose 1 bg + end regen for the mercs, loose the mercs then u run higher number of cloth wearers as dmg dealers - caster grps get pwned by Banelord..

Ofc both hibs and mids run with speed5 with skald/bard - not using a mincer means albs loose SoS - so as u can see its great fun making an opt grp. U always need to trade utility of some kind, and inevetiable its the util u find yourself lacking in a fight which u invariably end up loosing.

You use AD as an example of how good a grp alb can run, i agree AD are something special. They play together in their fixed group, they have voice comms and are ALL very experienced players who use their classes very well.

Very few current albs have anywhere near that skill/grp compatibility, the majority of alb groups i have seen lately, with the exception of the fixed GG's are all caster heavy which leaves themselves open to charge/BL tanks. These are very hard to defend against - VR for example with Korgon/Fuji would twat us on a regular bases bascially because they could run around unimpeaded (charge) with BL preventing alot of CC/healing. Yes it is beatable but it takes a cool, skilled head to do this.

I suppose all waffeling a side it "appears" to be easier for average hib/mid players to perform well due to the RvR specific utility and for an alb group to perform well it has to be well balanced with skilled players and fully capped/ML10 classes - this rvr group friendliness allows the not so skilled hibs/mids to succeed.

Ofc alb's are basically rp power leveling both hib/mids by entering rvr area's "ill prepared" and in great numbers. This is probably due to a higher % of casual players in alb, who for a bit of a laugh go for a run around beno :)

Have fun :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Calaclya said:
Afaik only Matter cabbies get disease - and u wont see many of them in fixed grp, nearsight is on body line afaik and body debuff is on spirit line - i coulld be wrong
Nearsight is in matter spec, disease is in body spec. A typical RvR Cabalist is either spirit/body or tri-spec, and in both cases, should have at least the blue con AE disease and a grey (or higher) nearsight.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
dont see why albs wouldnt be able to cope with this setup.

no speed5, no 6pbt, no insta cc, no light tank insta stun.

who said anything about not coping? its just easier for hibs/mids and yet u still lose.

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
skunksmoka said:
it seems like 90% of alb port to beno and stand in guards zerging bridge , and when a beno tower gets taken they stand at bold lol :worthy:

Maybe because 1-2fgh + rangers are humping a tower killing the soloers going to boat? Besides, its good rp to 2-shot ranger noobshits :sex:

vintervargen

Banned
Konah said:
no speed5, no 6pbt, no insta cc, no light tank insta stun.

who said anything about not coping? its just easier for hibs/mids and yet u still lose.

yeh speed5 over speed4 IS ALMOST INSTAWIN.

6sec pbt, warden is stunned 90% from grapple so no pbt! :>

insta CC... lol are we not over this yet?

i wouldnt say merc stun is much worse then bm stun, guess it seems so for you tho as 99% of excal BMs are more skilled :)

tho i dont wanna argue too much with you, after all you have played one class for 9m rps, so you cannot possibly have a biased view =)

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Thine said:
Thats not true....

Hib = Totaly Easy mode
Alb = Easy mode
Mid = Hard mode.

LOL Mate, You just made my night.
Hib Totally easy mode ^^

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>2-Aoe stun for pbaoe groups
your first real argument, yes ae stun is overpowered both in pve and rvr.
But saying that a paladin can hold most agro running heal chant as he pulls

Show me a pala who can keep aggro from me in DV/poc/avc, lol.

I don`t even expect them to keep aggro, i just hope they block enough.

2 pbaoe classes + ae stun or 2 pbaoe classes + shrooms >> anything albion can field, both in rvr + pve.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
i wouldnt say merc stun is much worse then bm stun, guess it seems so for you tho as 99% of excal BMs are more skilled :)

no it seems so cos bm stun is instant not a 2 style chain.

i guess RRs BMs must be in that 1% who are worse then eh? ;)

sucka.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Bm stun is piss easy to do. Tried it in molvik, mez, one bm on each side, bam bam dead, next, rince repeat. Had this happen to my poor caster in 50's rvr as well, and that ice storm really takes the piss when you insta get two bm's on you. One hits your bt, the other stuns you, there is no getting away.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, also, when talking about pl, having two spread/group healers in the group helps a lot, both for taking aggro off casters and for the actual healing. But hey, who needs healers/clerics, right?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:

2 pbaoe classes + ae stun or 2 pbaoe classes + shrooms >> anything albion can field, both in rvr + pve.
sigh..
you ever tried it?... no
Pala pulls agro being minor heals by a cleric who he has prot on, agro is now fixed on the pala. Wizzys pbaoe and pala switches guard when necessary.
Works wonders
try things before you comment

but im done with this thread, up to people if they wana level quickly or lvl slowly

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Leel said:
Ah, also, when talking about pl, having two spread/group healers in the group helps a lot, both for taking aggro off casters and for the actual healing. But hey, who needs healers/clerics, right?
name 1 moderna grp with a healer in grp.. answer 0 unless its a leech

Leel said:
Bm stun is piss easy to do. Tried it in molvik, mez, one bm on each side, bam bam dead, next, rince repeat. Had this happen to my poor caster in 50's rvr as well, and that ice storm really takes the piss when you insta get two bm's on you. One hits your bt, the other stuns you, there is no getting away.
Find a better bodyguarder (refering to 50 rvr)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Saveus said:
Thats the point...... Mids/hibs have so many random albs to kill, you get shit loads of farming. Albs get the gank grps of mid/hibs.. Which is a big diff. So maybe you get a clue?

Then tell your fellow realm mates to leave beno, go to toa.. Get some artys.. and SC them selves(this is first priority)... THEN return to beno and make a decent grp :) ...
Maybe the such called "zerg" could split up in just a few nice groups..

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Muylaetrix said:

Hmm Maybe hib casters are just ubah at pb´ing.. Becouse we can do PoC groups without any kinda tanks holding the agro.. We just PB and do it at the right time.. So maybe your icey should get a clue? Or try using more then one...

Helme

Resident Freddy
Konah said:
no it seems so cos bm stun is instant not a 2 style chain.

i guess RRs BMs must be in that 1% who are worse then eh? ;)

sucka.
Atleast RR BM's change target if they can't get to what they are chasing, compared to a certain First Cohort tank :rolleyes:

majik

Banned
Helme said:
Atleast RR BM's change target if they can't get to what they are chasing, compared to a certain First Cohort tank :rolleyes:

Helme, why aren't you on msn? Trying to avoid me? :(:(:(

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Cannot believe Mids and Hibs still say stuff claiming Albs over overpowered.
For the passed 3 years Mids and Hibs have been played by gay (as in happy) retarded 3 year olds, and still managed to come out on top due to their overpoweredness.
I base this comment on the fact that Hibs and Mids can ONLY play one button classes. Anything requiring more buttons is by definition too hard to play for Mids and Hibs.
Albs have allways been screwed over, yet they do semi okish thanks to the skilled players who keep on trying.
Regards, Glottis :kissit:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
ohoooo....hear hear, Glottis throwing in his wonderful opinion.

I have an announcement to make then. As I have to choose 1 button for all of my classes, furthermore I will only use these:

-bard: ae insta mezz
-druid: spreadheal ( what else )
-healer: ae stun ( cause it's so fotm & overpowered )

Seriously Glottis....get a grip, nowadays all realms have their share in OP classes and really, with cabba/sorc, alb isn't on the short end of the stick.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:

casters can nuke when running now? cool...

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
After reading this excellent thread I've come up with a nice solution. Lets remove the following players from the Excalibur RvR population:

- OP FOTM classes
- Zergers
- N00bs
- Adders
- Easymoders
- eBayers
- Bridge/Tower campers
- Retards

This will give us a... errr... well.... a very boring game.

:cheers: to all of the above for keeping the game alive!

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
ohoooo....hear hear, Glottis throwing in his wonderful opinion.

Ideal Mid group, 7 warlocks and 1 skald...
Admit it boy...
Regards, Glottis :kissit:

majik

Banned
Loonatik said:
After reading this excellent thread I've come up with a nice solution. Lets remove the following players from the Excalibur RvR population:

- OP FOTM classes
- Zergers
- N00bs
- Adders
- Easymoders
- eBayers
- Bridge/Tower campers
- Retards

This will give us a... errr... well.... a very boring game.

:cheers: to all of the above for keeping the game alive!

Idea is, keep all these:

- OP FOTM classes
- Zergers
- N00bs
- Adders
- Easymoders
- eBayers
- Bridge/Tower campers
- Retards

Locked up in a pen at Ocassus bridge permanently stunned so the remaining players can rp pl theirselves on them and when the good players are rr12 and completely overpowered you may release them from their pen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom