DayZ Standalone

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I think the design is fine. And it will go towards buildable structures, vehicles, etc... or so Dean Hall said. So you will eventually have a better "end-game".

For now, i'm content with running around, surviving. Longest streak was 3 weeks. More than often i don't shoot or kill people outright, I attempt communication while being cautious. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I mostly play the mod, but either way, I always shoot on sight, that's how I play it :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Ok cheers dude. Bought the SA before I realised Throdders only played the mod :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Ok cheers dude. Bought the SA before I realised Throdders only played the mod :)

Mod is mod, its arguably better than SA is -at the moment-
but SA will (at least in theory) out-strip it, soon ISH (tm)

however mods/custom stuff for Mod may keep it competative

and obv mod needs Arma2 + whatever-the-addon-is and is still not cheap, so if you have neither , id get SA ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Yeah already had the SA so I'm not shelling out any more money :).... I have a PC to buy this weekend.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
FWIW you can buy all the necessary ARMA 2 stuff off of Steam for £16.99. The mod is infinitely better than the SA right now. You just install the Arma gear then download the mod. I used (and still use) Dayz commander to keep to up to date and to launch the game / browse servers. Mod Dayz is fucking great mate, would be good to play with someone I know for once :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'd reinstall Arma just to play this again mate, but is it one of those rubbish 5000+ vehicle servers? because that's the problem that I found when I tried to go back ages ago, I found like 10 vehicles in the space of like 15 mins.

Completely ruined the 'AWMGAWD I FOUND SOMEONES CAR!' factor.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I'd reinstall Arma just to play this again mate, but is it one of those rubbish 5000+ vehicle servers? because that's the problem that I found when I tried to go back ages ago, I found like 10 vehicles in the space of like 15 mins.

Completely ruined the 'AWMGAWD I FOUND SOMEONES CAR!' factor.

I play on UK111 which is pretty much vanilla, only a few extras ; an extra village here and there, and extra barracks , and bicycles you can build. It's not like one of them where you spawn with a gun and all that. They are too much I agree!

Gwadien

I play on UK111 which is pretty much vanilla, only a few extras ; an extra village here and there, and extra barracks , and bicycles you can build. It's not like one of them where you spawn with a gun and all that. They are too much I agree!
Might give it a go

There was something entertaining about taking about 5-6 hours to find a car on the vanilla DayZ, then another 5-6 hours to find all the parts to fix it, to drive 500 yards down the road to crash it, and killing everyone in your team :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I nicked someones car as they were rummaging in a building once, was hilarious. Took what I wanted out the boot and blew it up afterwards.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
When I find a car, I like to drive it somewhere prominent, like outside the power station in Elektro, then hide somewhere with a good view. When someone comes along, be ready and shot them just as they get in.

The other day I did this but missed, and the player drove off in the car, but I kept shooting and he panicked turned off the road onto a field. I kept shooting and the car caught fire then exploded. The player got out of the car then dropped dead. Awesome :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You guys want to give the DayZ standalone a go. Do some multiplaying today?

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Well i havent tried the mod but from what ive heard there are plenty of hacks available and close to no anti-hack system.. (just like in BF4) Thats a total turn down for me.

In Dayz SA ive come across fishy players, but only one id bet was using radar.. In theory, they are gonna implement stronger anti-hack tools further in development ./shrug

Yday nite i had a blast at electro, i had a friend high up on sniper hill with a LRS Mosin playing "eyes on the sky" for me while i run CQC with my sawed-off shootie, its was madness, in about half an hour encountered tons of ppl (server was almost full), took out several bandits and campers (as usual some of them combat-logged or fleed), had also to take out hyperagressive bambies who tried to backstab me with screwdrivers and crowbars, fact is most ppl doesnt even respond on VOIP which, as a side-effect, makes me trigger-happy, my shootie's bodycount keeps increasing :< I couldnt believe i wasnt even hit once! Having a good sniper informing and looking out for you sure helps, but kicking down doors and storming into buildings knowing a single lucky shot to the head will put u down sure pumps adrenaline.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Going to give it a bash tonight so hoping the script kiddies have fucked off now. Not played it an age so might go on low pop servers for now to have a look round.

The reason it is so easy to mess with is because it is designed that way. ARMA2 is very scriptable to allow people to come up with their own scenarios and change things on the fly. Great for ARMA, not so great for DayZ.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Only problem with UK111, it goes dark about 8pm (real time) at the moment :(

Mabs

i think thats a good thing on balance, he mostly talks big and doesnt shift much, so ...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
""I am a grenade," he explained. "I have a specific use. I'm really good at risk-taking and making other people take risks, I've always been good at that in my life." <--Nice comparison there(outsidfe of it being pretencious toss), especially since grenades have a lot of uses and are rarely associated with risks.

Other then that, well, i think this is appropriate "i told you so" :p

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjfuTn6d1ZU

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
At least in SA there are little or no hackers. The mod seems to be ridden with hacks, even now.

It does suck that for now you have to walk everywhere and anywhere, but as a former mod player, that really doesn't bother me - with the dayzdb external map, you can easily find your way around. I also found last night how to switch fire modes for the M4, no more wasting bullets.

In regards to Dean Hall, my guess is that getting in bed with Bohemia for the SA didn't pan out very well for him. He probably feels that Bohemia is somehow restricting the path he wants to take DayZ SA on. Anyway, the core is there, not like Bohemia can royally fuck up SA now, they just need to keep adding new stuff such as vehicles, more items, persistent storage, player buildable structures, player owned structures, etc. I feel that with a game like DayZ, the end-game is surviving vs the elements or other players, all they need to do is improve the sandbox a bit.

2 cents.

Mabs

he sold SA to bohemia about a year ago ish anyway

Gwadien

I wonder if they'll approach modders for Arma 2/3 to help them..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Is that "UK 111 Chernarus | +500vehicles | Autorefuel | Towing/Lifting | Missions" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom