DayZ Standalone

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
It is randomised...

To a small degree, yes. I mean like the center being on the military base, then jumping to Impala, then to Junkyard, etc, while reducing the shrink level and potentially the time required to reach the fringe.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You can try the 0.63 beta which is a stress test version, so not all features are there, but damn, it is good.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well, what is on steam now is 0.62, as 0.63 is being tested still. The stress test has some placeholders as it's meant to test server stability etc.

→ right click DayZ in your Steam Library
→ click Properties
→ click the Betas tab
→ go all the way down to Enter beta access code to unlock private betas"
→ enter the ireallywanttotest opt-in access code
→ the "Stress Test Branch" is unlocked - select that branch in a drop down menu and let the client files download
→ Right-click Dayz stress test and click the Play offline.

So. It is smooth. Super-smooth. Inertia is great so that you can't turn on a dime any longer. Well, you can zigzag a bit, but not for long since you will burn stamina and when you're out, you are only jogging.

The reloading mechanics for weapons are sexy as hell, both magazine and loading single bullets! Now, you can't just drag a stack of bullets onto a mag any longer, you need to put the mag in your hands, then drag a stack of bullets and combine them, then hold left mouse button to load bullet after bullet, which is fairly quick, but still. So preparing is key here! Also, putting bullets in your quick bar to load bolt-action (also single-loading weapons you have no mag for) weapons after each shot is necessary.

Items on the floor shows more easily with a very visible icon now which you press F to pick up, and all interactions as well. Tis good!

Many many many places has been redesigned, new and very cool buildings, really great design all over i must say. It really feels like a reboot. Can't wait for the stable release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom