DayZ Standalone

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Starting a thread for it since it technically wont be running off Arma II :) havent checked on it in awhile but here's a dev blog update from april 25th

feel free to add to it

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Get on with it!

Yes, get on with it!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Only 6 months late soon :LOL:

Like i said; since warZ flopped they no longer had to keep their promises.

That being said and fanboy rage high enough; good. Jsut finish it when you finish it. Just don't let it be a small graphical update where you don't fix anything severely broken like animation and UI.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Only 6 months late soon :LOL:

Like i said; since warZ flopped they no longer had to keep their promises.

That being said and fanboy rage high enough; good. Jsut finish it when you finish it. Just don't let it be a small graphical update where you don't fix anything severely broken like animation and UI.

Agreed, they said they'll look at it again in June to see about Alpha release or not, the reason its taking so long is not because of what happened with the guys being locked up in Greece or because they want to take their time making it look pretty but because they want to nail the anti-cheat system down properly and rightly so, it was a massive piss take in DayZMod due to the amount of scripting it allowed/made cheating trivial more or less.

Here's to hoping its out this year tho, starting to get DayZ fever again and I really don't want to play the mod :p not even on whitelisted servers.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Was hoping this would be out by now or sometime in the summer, looking doubtful every day.

As BloodOmen said, the anti cheat system is a must.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The problem is, the so called cheats aren't really cheats at all. They are part of ARMA so that people can run scripts and whatnot to create scenarios or test stuff out. They are part of the core game.

It may well have been easier to use a different engine I would imagine...depends on the budget though I suppose.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The problem is, the so called cheats aren't really cheats at all. They are part of ARMA so that people can run scripts and whatnot to create scenarios or test stuff out. They are part of the core game.

It may well have been easier to use a different engine I would imagine...depends on the budget though I suppose.

Well yea :p thats why its taking so long, it being dayz 2.5 they have to restrict everything to be server sided in effect which would more or less render any sort of inventory/spawn editing impossible... won't stop people aim botting or esp hacking tho sadly, thats virtually impossible to stop.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Guess the standalone wasn't the copy and paste job everyone was expecting after all :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Guess the standalone wasn't the copy and paste job everyone was expecting after all :p

Really can't wait for it tbh, still tempted to rent a server upon release for Freddyshouse users - need to see what pricing will be like first tho when its closer to release, servers can be very expensive and I'm not made of money.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Really can't wait for it tbh, still tempted to rent a server upon release for Freddyshouse users - need to see what pricing will be like first tho when its closer to release, servers can be very expensive and I'm not made of money.

no youre made of eels :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
no youre made of eels :(

deal-with-it_c_671095.jpg

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'd chip in with a few quid for server if we get more than 5 people on it :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
lets wait and see what pricing is like first I guess :p

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
I'm hoping no more than 14.99$ for this.

However, I am expecting 29.99$ in all honesty...any more than that, and I don't think it will sell.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm hoping no more than 14.99$ for this.

However, I am expecting 29.99$ in all honesty...any more than that, and I don't think it will sell.

It will sell a truck load even if it was £50 I would pay it because i got 100s of hours out of Dayz if it wasn't for those scum bag cheaters I would probably still be playing it now.

More than likely between £20-£30 which is peanuts.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Cheaters were never a problem for me in DayZ.

I played i for like 40 hours myself, but I didn't see much point, because it was just Alpha. I don't put serious hours into a game until it's released. Not even Open Beta.

They would sell alot at 50$, yes, but I think they'd make up for it in quantity if they sold it cheaper. It's not a MMO, and it has no real SP aspect, full price is kinda absurd.

It'd be like Valve charging 59.99$ for Counter-Strike: Global Online

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They've already stated it'll follow a Minecraft price model so it will be cheap as it'll be built up as people play it just like Minecraft was/is still doing. That doesn't make Aada wrong tho, people enjoyed DayZ mod so much the vast majority would literally pay upto £50 for it if they had to.

They won't tho :p so meh, most likely it'll be £9.99-£19.99 - somewhere between that.

As for Cheating in DayZ Mod, trust me Mkilbride, it was ripe for cheating before people started putting whitelisted servers out/private hives :p the cheating was mainly due to a flaw in Arma II tho which basically allowed people to inject custom scripts to spawn items, vehicles and even wipe maps - DayZ Standalone will have none of that.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Cheaters were never a problem for me in DayZ.

I played i for like 40 hours myself, but I didn't see much point, because it was just Alpha. I don't put serious hours into a game until it's released. Not even Open Beta.

They would sell alot at 50$, yes, but I think they'd make up for it in quantity if they sold it cheaper. It's not a MMO, and it has no real SP aspect, full price is kinda absurd.

It'd be like Valve charging 59.99$ for Counter-Strike: Global Online

Cheaters were never a problem for you? How?

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
I never encountered any.

Granted, I only played 40 hours, and usually the same server - but I never encountered one. Guess I was lucky. I heard about them on other servers, but yeah.

I was around since the beginning of DayZ also. It's just hard for me to play a game that's in the development process. I don't want to burn myself out.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
If you've never encountered any hackers in DayZ you must have been insanely lucky or not really played much at all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I didn't encounter many at all either really. But when it did happen after spending 10-15 hours sneaking about collecting gear it made the game pointless.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tbh as much as having the good gear is great it just makes you even more paranoid lol.

The best times I had were sneaking round the back of snipers on elektra hill and reaming them with an axe and hiding their bodies so they couldn't get their shit back :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Oh dear getting that dayz itch again but last time i played it was impossible to find a vanilla days server because a large chunk of servers are using the new maps where they have 100 Jeeps etc removes the survival aspect.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Started playing again on Para Regiment server UK 325 I think, no cheaters in 4 days having fun.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It might be a good time I suppose, all the ADHD script kiddies would have got bored ages ago.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Might install it again and come play Aada, we shall see :p what map does it use?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Might install it again and come play Aada, we shall see :p what map does it use?

Vanilla Dayz.

Nice server full of UK people admins are very active, asked them about cheaters they said the last server attack was about 2 months ago and was dealt with straight away.

Also very active server at night time with usually about 20-25 people on seems they are all night owls.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Vanilla Dayz.

Nice server full of UK people admins are very active, asked them about cheaters they said the last server attack was about 2 months ago and was dealt with straight away.

Also very active server at night time with usually about 20-25 people on seems they are all night owls.

how many are playing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom