DayZ Standalone

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Any more people playing SA? me and phazey run duo now, more people wouldn't hurt.

Nate

FH is my second home
Do have it, just not been playing it do i have you on steam?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I will play sa more as it goes along I expect, but at the moment it's mod for me all the way.

Every time I play SA there's like, NO GUNS, NO FOOD, then after a bit SOME VERY INTERESTING HATS!

It just don't grab me right now :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i am , from time to time, mostly to check patches etc, havent scoped out a good server - suggestions ?

old.Osy

i am , from time to time, mostly to check patches etc, havent scoped out a good server - suggestions ?

At the moment, there is no "persistence" game mechanic or elements (no tents, vehicles), so having preferred servers mostly consists of ping/reliability and server options (ie, hardcore, daytime server, etc).

I cycle a number of servers, based on the above and number of players. A good starting point would be to filter the Internet Servers by "DayZ GB" string. It will show you the UK based servers.

That said, when me and phazey play together, we just pick a server on the spot.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
At the moment, there is no "persistence" game mechanic or elements (no tents, vehicles), so having preferred servers mostly consists of ping/reliability and server options (ie, hardcore, daytime server, etc).

I cycle a number of servers, based on the above and number of players. A good starting point would be to filter the Internet Servers by "DayZ GB" string. It will show you the UK based servers.

That said, when me and phazey play together, we just pick a server on the spot.

Yeah, and am afraid its still gonna take a while until they implement those mechanics..

I usually do the same, have a few "faved" servers just because i find them to run smoothly, but when i play with friends one picks and the rest joins him. Suggest u pick mid populated servers, too crowded servers often get laggy (desync etc) and servers which are nearly empty often have abusive admins (you could bother reporting them, i have done a couple of times, but its a bit tedious).

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What the fuck are they doing, can it be this hard to finish a game when they already had the basic idea done with the mod. Still EARLY ALPHA!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'll just throw in a "told you", use it whenever you want.

It's a moneymaking scheme, with 0 f*cks given by the original IP owner and less f*cks given about the players.

Mindless sheep going "ooooh new inventory!" and throwing cash at it.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Also announced they were changing to a new engine, so most of the current work is being thrown away. What a rip off this has been.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hahaha, mindless sheep, are there not more mindless sheep that buy mass advertised games such as Battlefield and Cal of Duty? - If you planned to play Battlefield for the last 3-4 years, and saying you've bought games from Origin, you've spent £160.

I bought DayZ for about £20 I think it was when it was in Alpha, I played hundreds of hours of the mod, so I thought - right, this guy got nothing for this, so I like the game, I'll give him some money to keep up the progress of the game.

I wasn't holding out for them finish the game in the year, after all, I'd much rather them work on it for another 4-5 years, and be like, wow, this game is fantastic, and it's not a market-research rush out to get before christmas game.

I'm much happier with the approach that they've gone for, and you may argue that it's taking them too long, but I really do think people take it for granted the effort that goes into making a game from pretty much scratch, it's okay for powerhouses for EA to throw their infinite resources at a game to release it for maximum profits.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hahaha, mindless sheep, are there not more mindless sheep that buy mass advertised games such as Battlefield and Cal of Duty? - If you planned to play Battlefield for the last 3-4 years, and saying you've bought games from Origin, you've spent £160.

I bought DayZ for about £20 I think it was when it was in Alpha, I played hundreds of hours of the mod, so I thought - right, this guy got nothing for this, so I like the game, I'll give him some money to keep up the progress of the game.

I wasn't holding out for them finish the game in the year, after all, I'd much rather them work on it for another 4-5 years, and be like, wow, this game is fantastic, and it's not a market-research rush out to get before christmas game.

I'm much happier with the approach that they've gone for, and you may argue that it's taking them too long, but I really do think people take it for granted the effort that goes into making a game from pretty much scratch, it's okay for powerhouses for EA to throw their infinite resources at a game to release it for maximum profits.

I agree. Even though I hate the standalone, I loved the mod, so fair doos.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
The mod was slightly too clunky when it came to movement, which is fair, i guess it made it less arcady and more like a simulator. Though, more often i hit people with a mag of AK and they wouldn't go down, way too inconsistent for my taste.

Gwadien

The mod was slightly too clunky when it came to movement, which is fair, i guess it made it less arcady and more like a simulator. Though, more often i hit people with a mag of AK and they wouldn't go down, way too inconsistent for my taste.

I think that was a DayZ concept though - I think the idea was that if you had a sniper, it was one shot kill, if you have a rifle, it was alot more bullets, on Arma itself, if you shot a person twice anywhere, with pretty much any weapon, they'd die.

Gwadien

Arma is highly moddable though, seriously, play Arma and play DayZ mod, there's a huge difference.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I wish I could still play DayZ mod, it wont work right since the Steam thing.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i dont regret paying for it, i played it and the mod a lot
im waiting on H1Z1 now tho :x

if they can get a new engine going and still be competative, ill be impressed

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I like to play mod on the vanilla French servers, FR129, but DayZ Commander will only install as an .exe , and when installed won't remember any settings changes that I make, won't refresh favourites only, you have do all the servers, when you've refreshed all the servers it then knocks out my internet connection for 5 minutes, and lastly when I do get to connect to a server it says I have bits of the game missing, which I definitely don't.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's finally being released, the 1.0 version is being released soon.

Seems to me they stepped on the gas when they seen him popular Pubg and Fortnite have become.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
The character controller is being made less clunky it seems. Being added is also sort of console-style-markers for when you find something you want to pick up to make things easier to spot. They are also introducing a stamina system meaning you can't run forever, and also, there's some inertia being introduced to stop people from being able to zig-zag with exaggerated momentum, which will make hitting people out on a great field for example, easier (realistically so). A downside to the added stamina-bar with the combo of finding a working vehicle on your own a bitch to accomplish, it will take many many time-units to cross distances over the huge map (bicycles and helicopters aren't in yet)

Ordinarily when you fire the first shot and miss, or hit, and the person is still standing (haven't broken a leg or is not knocked unconscious) they start zig-zagging with unrealistic speed and makes it a bitch to be able to hit.

Also, more shooters!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm looking forward to try their release build, seems interesting. Need to find a good whitelisted server now tho!

old.Osy

I caved and bought PUBG. Having played it a couple days nows, I like it.

It's essentially the same concept as DayZ (without zombies), but sped up a lot, or having it's downtime removed.

The ever shrinking circle is a good idea, but I feel that it could somehow be made better by randomizing the virtual center with each shrink cycle. As it stands, people that nail the center in the first 2-5 minutes can camp there indefinetely, fringing the edges for incoming runners.

Gwadien

I caved and bought PUBG. Having played it a couple days nows, I like it.

It's essentially the same concept as DayZ (without zombies), but sped up a lot, or having it's downtime removed.

The ever shrinking circle is a good idea, but I feel that it could somehow be made better by randomizing the virtual center with each shrink cycle. As it stands, people that nail the center in the first 2-5 minutes can camp there indefinetely, fringing the edges for incoming runners.

It is randomised...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom