Dark Souls 2 reminder

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hah true enough I guess, I've only bothered with poison and bleed on certain mobs myself :p
Vendrick and the miracle selling bitch.

never tried bleed on vendrick myself but I heard it makes him a lot quicker, I just hugged his left leg and waited until he swung then hit him 1-2 times with a 2handed +10 fire imbued weapon until he was dead... trying to find easier/quicker methods to kill him though because that method is boring as fuck and quite slow.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
never tried bleed on vendrick myself but I heard it makes him a lot quicker, I just hugged his left leg and waited until he swung then hit him 1-2 times with a 2handed +10 fire imbued weapon until he was dead... trying to find easier/quicker methods to kill him though because that method is boring as fuck and quite slow.
Pretty much what I did but rolled through his attacks, could've probably just circle strafed him but it feels cheap, especially given the amount of bosses you can do it to :p I'm not sure there's any fast way to kill him, his hp pool is crazy.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Gonna try work out how much VIT is needed with the third dragon ring to equip a full havel set while staying under 70% load, next project! operation paladin!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Why stop there? Get dual lightning Avelyn's for ultra bullshit mode!

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
Wearing third dragon ring and royal soldier ring +1 ,VIT at 30 using small club and Havel armour and shield and still on 72%.
With my weapon of choice Large club+10 at 81%
Currently at SL167 stats:
VGR:45
END:29
VIT:30
STR:50
DEX:15
ADP:26
INT:3
FTH:6

Using Allone set and Pyromancy Flame+10,with Large Club+10, Havel's Shield+5 and Shortbow+8 and that gives me 68%.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why stop there? Get dual lightning Avelyn's for ultra bullshit mode!

Heh Avelyn's are shit tbh, most people know how to counter them :p ultra bullshit mode would be Hex + Dark Infused Washing Pole as Hexes are incredibly overpowered at the moment.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Heh Avelyn's are shit tbh, most people know how to counter them :p ultra bullshit mode would be Hex + Dark Infused Washing Pole as Hexes are incredibly overpowered at the moment.
Just walk sideways and they never hit, but some folk don't understand that :p And you say that, but a shield with 90% dark resistance and then your armour bonuses pretty much nullifies hex users for me :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just walk sideways and they never hit, but some folk don't understand that :p And you say that, but a shield with 90% dark resistance and then your armour bonuses pretty much nullifies hex users for me :D

Until you run out of stamina or get backstabbed or parried by them :p GRS hits for upto 1400 in PvP vs most people, melee swings with RW on hit for 600+ due to Dark Scaling with Faith/Int.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Until you run out of stamina or get backstabbed or parried by them :p GRS hits for upto 1400 in PvP vs most people, melee swings with RW on hit for 600+ due to Dark Scaling with Faith/Int.
Meh just hide behind a tree or piece of the level, quite a lot works well at blocking spells/arrows :p I've never actually come across anyone who uses hex and can still melee well, they just cast spells and run away.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Rum Souls night tonight!

XLW6VMc.gif

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Overall pretty disappointed by the PvP, doesn't have the same feeling for me as DS1 did, too many broken builds that just overpower rather than overskill people to death.

Gone PvE mode for now, started a fresh character and joined the Champion Covenant from the beginning, going to try and go right up as high as possible in the NG+'s before things become silly

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Should I be worried about using Human Effigy's much? Is there a limit on the amount in game?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Do you mean summon other people? in that case I thought you had to be Human to use summon signs?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Should I be worried about using Human Effigy's much? Is there a limit on the amount in game?

You can regain humanity via being summoned if you put the small soapstone down as well.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
This is by far the best game I've played this year. I'm over 60 hours in and haven't even beaten the last boss yet.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
Most fun i have had tbis year.Just starting to pvp now my character SL150.
New patch yesterday seems to have solved some issues otherz had,however in this game there is always a way to counter folks .
Anyone see my red soapstone(****.fried) challenge me its a free win

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You playing it on PC? I've not had a single problem with cheaters or anything on the 360. I'm getting it for the single player anyway, I just can't get enough of this universe! Started a new game on DS1 and Demon's Souls in the past week or so :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You playing it on PC? I've not had a single problem with cheaters or anything on the 360. I'm getting it for the single player anyway, I just can't get enough of this universe! Started a new game on DS1 and Demon's Souls in the past week or so :p

You don't find them all the time but when you find them its so blatant, using full Havels + Ultra Greatsword and running/rolling at full speed + using a Giant Seed almost instantly, I really wish they would make all the characters server sided so they can't be altered.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Guess I'm lucky to have avoided it so far then :p I've seen plenty of videos on Youtube etc of such exploits though. Ignoring the irks of cheaters etc though, I don't think any game does 1v1 PvP as well as Dark Souls.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
the day the devs of the game + future games make all characters server sided - i truely believe it'll go down as the greatest pvp game in history, it has that much potential minus the cheaters.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
There's got to be a reason most devs don't though. Plenty of games have had their forums overflowing with this exact complaint (Gears of War etc) and most devs still don't bother.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Thats why EA and Ubisoft went out of business years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom