Dark Souls 2 reminder

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh by the way;

Could we spoiler tag -everything- in regards to dark souls 2? :p

It's fun to discuss it and talk about stuff we've done in it, but at the same time some kind of vague "near that well at the bird statue" then spoiler the rest would be really nice.

Not that it matters, i'll probably bow out of this thread just to avoid spoilers as i -hate- spoilers.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
For me, Dark Souls came out at a time when there was absolutely bot all else out. I finished work one day, went into the store, seen Dark Souls Limited Edition for £31 and thought "ahh fuck it" and bought it.

One of the greatest impulse buys I've ever made, along with Vanquish :p

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
My brother got his copy today for the 360. It's going to be a test to stay away from it till the PC version is released.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It's fucking infuriating I'll give it that. For the first x hours supposedly being a tutorial, it's punishing me enough. I dread to think what it's like later in the game (although I'm probably getting battered cause of my piss weak gear).

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Want to know why I've been having such a bad time? I joined a Covenant that ramps up the difficulty even more, so I've essentially been playing it on very hard mode.

If you don't want this, don't:
Join The Champions Covenant.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The soundtrack for this game is so bloody good man, I'm listening to music from boss fights as we speak and I've only just turned the game off.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Can't really complain holding out for the PC version I guess

There's some solace. The release date announcement on the Dark Souls 2 facebook page promises "increased texture resolution" and an "enhanced frame rate" for the PC version. "On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo."

Keyboard and mouse part doesn't really bother me as I'll use my 360 control pad but the higher textures and higher frame rate should be nice.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
Grabbed it for my PS3,great game so far about 5 hrs in and i've killed a few bosses.Combat seems harder than before.
Will trade in the PS3 version once the pc version comes out as i miss not being able to play when i want as people need the TV in my house.
I have not been invaded yet but no doubt that will come.summoning people is easier this time and people are always willing to help it seems,so far had a great time with the online side helping people on bosses and hard areas.
Deep

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
All about the mods though.

yar, only downside to the PC version last time was the mass array of cheaters, hopefully they've got some better anti cheating in place this time or at least don't let people with obviously hacked characters invade other people.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Browsing the net when I came across this... needless to say I laughed. *cough* quitter *cough*

ajrRNPR_700b.jpg

leggy

Probably Scottish
Browsing the net when I came across this... needless to say I laughed. *cough* quitter *cough*

ajrRNPR_700b.jpg

Hah big girl. Who trades in games anyway? I reckon most high street retailers give you enough trade in value to get yourself a new SMALLER snickers bar.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
what gets me is... the game has been out for what? a week or less now? why the fuck would they trade it in rather than just going to get a full refund for it :p?

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I think that pic came from people who had stolen copies of the game and then trade them in a few days after launch.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Haven't traded a game in since my N64 days, that's cause I was like 10 and couldn't get new games any other way :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
For those wondering about playtime, I'm 40 hours in and have killed 15/31 bosses. Granted I've done a shit load of exploring and making sure everything is done in areas etc. I'm also in the covenant that makes the game even harder which is probably adding to play time :p

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
11 hours in on my 6th boss....feeling a little less brittle now

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Annnnd a nerf incoming in time for PC launch.. the fucks the point in nerfing Dark Souls 2... nerfing it defies the entire point behind the game.

(broken english/google translated from japanese)

Thank you very much I received for your continued support of From Software than daily.

DARK SOULS II Niokimashite (PS3/Xbox 360),
along with the delivery of the update file ver1.03, the Company plans to apply for a new regulation 1.04 to adjust the game balance.

Note that we plan to deliver after the update file ver1.03 apply date and time, you will be notified at this page.

Thank you.

[Date and time]
April 8, 2014 (Tuesday): PlayStation 3
Xbox 360: delivery schedule being adjusted

[Platforms]
Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

Main adjustments in regulation 1.04]
  • Change the heavyweight throwing motion the motion of "bottle of strong acid" item, adjust the reduction effect of acid
  • The up-regulated the Durability weapon category of "double-edged sword"
  • Fix it so that you can not enchant "large sword of moonlight" weapon, and adjust down the attack speed motion
  • The upward adjustment weight, the degree of toughness, the defense of "large helmet of Gerumu warrior" Armor
  • The adjustment reduced the amount of damage in the "ring of thorns" ring
  • Reduce adjust the amount of damage "ring of old sun" ring
  • Modified so that given the damage through the enemy of multiple "spear of Seoul" magic in the "crystal spear of Seoul"
  • Adjust the time of the damage "large sword of Seoul" magic until the occurrence
  • Upward adjustment of the bullet speed "lump of Seoul to be tracked" magic "crystal mass of Seoul to be tracked", and a lower adjustment of stamina take the amount of darkness surgery "those who follow"
  • The downward adjustment of the amount of damage "torrent of Seoul" magic
  • Slow to adjust the motion speed of recovery spells
  • Short and adjust the damage judgment time miracle of "wrath of God"
  • Reduce adjust the amount of damage "storm of fire" magic "storm of fire", "storm of chaos," "Hammer of fire" and "sun Sealed"
  • Longer adjust the casting time "storm of fire" magic "storm of fire" and "storm of chaos"
  • The up-regulated defense NPC "Rukatieru of Mira", "Pilgrim Berukurea" "Banhoruto Hugo" and "Turks of scorpion"
  • The downward adjustment of the HP enemy "rupture the Dead"
  • The downward adjust the tracking performance of enemy spell "dead magician" and "Miko Amana"
  • The downward adjust the frequency spit fire of enemy "fire lizard"
  • Downward adjustment period the occurrence of the shock wave of attack during downswing enemy of "backpack hammer"
  • The downward adjustment of the amount of damage "giant of the last" boss area
  • The downward adjustment HP, the amount of damage "sinner forgotten" area boss
  • The downward adjustment of the amount of damage "trial of the king of rats" area boss
  • The downward adjustment of the amount of damage breath attack when the "Dear Frey public" area boss
  • The downward adjust the amount of damage and HP of "sinner Jail" which appears in the "sinner forgotten" area boss around when playing
  • The downward adjust the amount of damage and HP of "shadow of variant" which appears in the "enforcer of the exiled" area boss around when playing
After applying this regulation, regulation notation of title upper right corner of the screen will be as follows.
Regulation [1.03 ⇒ 1.04]

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Most of those nerfs are very welcomed. Most of the spell/item nerfs are totally needed, Ring of Thorns and almost ALL magic are overpowered to fuck.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
As long as the core mechanic that I loved from Dark Souls is not affected (the difficulty) they can nerf whatever they want.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Oh don't worry, there's still plenty of bosses/mobs that can stun lock you and kill you should you miss a dodge by a split second.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not dark souls 2 and not my sort of music! thought i'd share anyway as it was linked by a friend.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I take it back, Shrine of Amana has been nerfed to bits. What was once one of the most difficult areas in the game for a melee build is now the one of the easiest.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Also if anyone is worried about playtime, fear not! I am over 100 hours in now and I'm still on my first play through.
2014-04-15 23.18.24.jpg

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
Just finished last night.
Had a few problems along the way with some of the bosses.
Total time 83 hours,still got a few more things to gather before NG+.
Overall a 9/10 very enjoyable addition to the series.
Favorite part of game was the co op,least favorite part invasions as lag killed me more than the players.
Deep

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom