Cleric Buffing Guide

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
have you just pled a buffbot to 50 and have no clue what the spells are or do?
or are you just new to being a cleric? ..

i created a buffing guide for my guildies but decided to let everyone view it..

any comments or feedback there is a link on the bottom of that page

Clicky If theres lots of you on it the page wont display

remi

Fledgling Freddie
looks great! - missing some kinda info about Mota ra and +Buff bonus stuff

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
i thought the health regen buff increased the ammount of health you regain naturaly, while paladins heal chant is a healing spell.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, what Balbor said is true.

Also, Str increases damage for split weapons (such as thrusters) who rely 50% on Str and 50% on Dex.

Health Regen buff adds to your natural HP Regen (per tick), and it doesn't overwrite any other healing spell/chant except for the Minstrels Health Regen Song.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe add some table with the actual value it increases (could also do a 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% and 25% buff bonus added to it :)) Then you got a nice table with quite some info.

But it looks nice already, good work!

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
ill research having a buff value table..

would this be a better hp regen buff description?

Target regenerates the given amount of health every "tick", which adds to your normal health regen.
Sidenote: This could make any Paladins Heal Chant ineffective at holding agro if the HP Regen buff is greater then the Heal Chant value, and is not reccomended if you want the Paladin to hold agro via twisting.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
really? never knew that :p

i think for the noob buffer it may be a bit hard to understand, but it's your guide, do what u want :)

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
ive just updated the guide with some information about +% buff effectiveness,

Still not sure about the Paladin and HP Regen Buff things yet some people have split opinions.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Etaew said:

Still not sure about the Paladin and HP Regen Buff things yet some people have split opinions.

Theres an Excel spreed sheet which calculates Enh/Buff effectivness based on mota/+buff/RR/Enh pretty decent, cant remember where i got it from tho oO.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Etaew said:

Paladin Healchant is a real HEAL, like Clerics castable ones.

The HP Regen Buff adds to your Base Natural HP Regen, like the Minstrels Rest song.

Therefore it doesn't overwrite Paladins Heal chant, as otherwise it would be impossible for the cleric to heal people with the HP Regen Buff up.

The only thing annoying about HP Regen Buff is that Minstrels Song of Rest Line won't affect you for the time you have the HP Regen Buff active.

Camelotherald Descriptions:

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Buff (Health Regeneration)
Target regenerates the given amount of health every "tick".

[/font][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Heal (Chant)
Everyone in the caster's group is healed a small amount of damage every second. Only one chant can be active at a time; multiple chants can be "twisted", or activated and deactivated repeatedly overlapping in effect, but at the cost of draining the caster's endurance.

Also, The clerical HP Regen Buff, and Minstrels Rest Song (also goes for Skalds and Bards rest song) are oftenly mistaken for Heal over Times, which they are not.

Heal over Time does exactly what it says, Heals you for the value listed every SPELL tick.
HP Regen Buff merely adds to your BASE NATURAL HP REGEN, I'm not sure what the interval of the ticks are but, sitting you will regen faster (the buff ticks along) than standing. Same goes for Minstres/Skalds/Bards Songs of Rest.

Here's the description for Rest Songs, virtually the same as Clerics HP Regen Buff:

[/font][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Health Regeneration (Song)
Song that increases the group's rate of health regeneration, reducing downtime between battles.[/font][/font]

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Also, nice job on the list, guess I forgot that.

Some more "errors"; Int Buff doesn't affect Mana(Power) Pool, it only affects damage by spells (increases them), and ONLY Mages/Elementalists/Disciples in Albion can take effect out of it.

Mystics for Midgard.

T[font=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]he Way of the Grove for Hibernia (not sure about the hibbie one :p)

Hope it helps :p
[/font]

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the feedback, going to remove what i put about the hp regen buff then and stick to what i do know :), also what is written about the acuity buff i copied from camelot herald so i think its safe to call it ok

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
i found that excel spreadsheet on the VN Boards but link is down, does anyone have a saved version would be interested in being emailed it (link on the bottom of the guide) and i can find a way to incorporate a nice calculator in my site

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom