News Clarkson suspended

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't think it'll be Sky. Or any commercial channel. TG worked because they didn't have to give a fuck about advertisers. My money is on Netflix or Amazon.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'll say again, it should have been contained, apologies all round, Clarkson buys him a Ferrari.
They man up and get over it, maybe even let Osmosis punch him in the head...god knows he's needed it for years...then keep the fun going for everyone, but it was Cohen and the rest of the slimeball management who got their way over the wishes of the very top.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Hasn't this show been quite shit for some time now? Might be for the better?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It was actually quite good this season. A definite improvement over the scripted dross that they passed off as entertainment for the past few seasons, anyway.

Hammond is and always will be unfunny though, and he tries FAR too hard.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The other thing is they were making progress on bringing Ferrari Lafarrari, Porsche 918 and the McLaren P1 together for a head to head before Clarkson got suspended.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
What's the difference between a 36-year-old's face and an underage child?

The BBC will sack you for putting your fist in a 36-year-old's face.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That being said, the whole thing has been very poorly handled by the hand wringers at the BBC
I don't see what they could have done differently.

Clarkson assaulted someone, they suspended him, made an announcement, gathered evidence, sacked him (correctly).

They did this knowing that it was going to cost them Top Gear. They didn't want to - but they did the right thing.

I think the Beeb is getting a panning from the public when this is entirely Clarkson's fault for being a diva cunt.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I don't see what they could have done differently.

Clarkson assaulted someone, they suspended him, made an announcement, gathered evidence, sacked him (correctly).

They did this knowing that it was going to cost them Top Gear. They didn't want to - but they did the right thing.

I think the Beeb is getting a panning from the public when this is entirely Clarkson's fault for being a diva cunt.
Yes he has been out of order. I think that the thing is much worse things have ben tolerated by them without repercussion.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think that the thing is much worse things have ben tolerated by them without repercussion.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

In the light of all the recent revelations it's encumbent on the beeb to both do and be seen doing the correct thing.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Two wrongs don't make a right.

In the light of all the recent revelations it's encumbent on the beeb to both do and be seen doing the correct thing.
Didn't say I agreed with it. But I do think that they have bitten the hnd that feeds them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Didn't say I agreed with it. But I do think that they have bitten the hnd that feeds them.
Clarkson bit the hand that fed him.

The beeb's not under threat at all from this. They'll recover.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Clarkson bit the hand that fed him.

The beeb's not under threat at all from this. They'll recover.
He's got millions in the bank. If he didn't want to he wouldn't have to work again. Even after his divorce.

However the 50m chunk of income the bbc get from the show is very significant towards their programming budget.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
However the 50m chunk of income the bbc get from the show is very significant towards their programming budget.

So - should the BBC let someone who commits physical assault on innocent staff members continue work for them?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So - should the BBC let someone who commits physical assault on innocent staff members continue work for them?
It depends what they fear more. they seem to be uncertain with Alan yentob saying that clarkson will be welcome backe in the future. You see.

What's acceptable paedophiles or DJs on top of the pops.

Sexism or all male panelists.

It's capitalism vs talent tantrums. Think Christian bale still made batman after going batshit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Clarkson.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So, it doesn't depend on what's correct and right, legally and morally?
Capitalism depends on profits and not morals.

Your pension depends on capitalism.

Morals are good for those ho can afford it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Awh @Scouse sorry didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's true though. Money trumps everything if you can get away with it.

Job

That's all just lawyer talk, in the real world, especially in entertainment based industries, shit happens and what goes on on tour stays on tour.
Clarkson slipped into the fame pit and has learned the hard way, but managing divas is part of the package and this was not the way it is done , the BBC have let the rules for the masses creep into the bizarre world of mass familiarity and it was done with an agenda based around the chattering classes of liberals who don't seem to have the world awareness to realise they are shouting at a pantomime baddie.

Lethul

FH is my second home
It was actually quite good this season. A definite improvement over the scripted dross that they passed off as entertainment for the past few seasons, anyway.

Hammond is and always will be unfunny though, and he tries FAR too hard.

Haven't watched this season so will have to take your word for it. The few episodes I have seen scattered around the last few seasons have been quite bland/done before compared to when I watched it many years ago.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i like the races and crazy shennanigans, but i guess it would be "the worlds largest factual tv show" if all they did was scripted races and shennanigans

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Awh @Scouse sorry didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's true though. Money trumps everything if you can get away with it.

You haven't hurt my feelings at all. I just couldn't work out if you were serious or just poorly trolling. I know you lack empathy but the facts of the situation clearly show you that you're way wrong.

If money trumped everything clarkson would still be at the beeb. But he isn't.

It was a stupid thing to say and a horrendous opinion to hold if, indeed, you honestly believe it's right...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
pantomime baddie.

Pantomime baddies don't actually assault people for real.

He's a baddie baddie, and rightly sacked.

This has fuck all to do with liberals and all to do with what's morally right. You're misplaced outrage is down to the fact that you can't distinguish between the on-screen pantomime baddie and the criminal act he performed off-screen...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
tbh the character he portrays on Top gear may be a bit of an arse but does not come across as someone that would actually assault someone

clearly he snapped and lost control and was sacked for it, nothing to do with "the chattering classes" (which sounds like something a factory owner from dickens might say btw o_O )

It also seems a little convenient for him (tin foil hat on guys!) - He was coming to the end of his contract, this is one of the BBCs biggest money making shows, and ive not read anywhere there was any discussions going on about renewing the contracts (seems a bit odd, even as a part time monkey worker in a company my contract renewals talks begin months before the contract ends)

So if he was looking for a way out that wouldnt seem to Top Gear fans as a "sell out" to Sky or whatever, this incident that he then reported himself to the BBC might be a convenient way for both BBC and Clarkson to move on, for the BBC they can be seen as being tough on a star after all the fallout from the pedo covers up and all the other shit they let their big boys get away with

So they get rid of a divisive figure who might have left anyway, and for Clarkson he can walk away knowing his die hard fans blame the guy he punched and the "chattering classes" at the BBC.

Job

Punching someone you know well during a heated argument in front of people while stressed out does not count as criminal in my book when the person doesn't go to the police.
If that's so then half the teenage lads in this country should have a criminal record.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
its up to the police & CPS to decide if it was criminal or not

isnt the whole employer / spousal violent abuse the whole reason they allowed the police/CPS to prosecute regardless of the victims cooperation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom