Champions Online

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
its nowhere near the same fun mayhem in this game as it is in CoX when you group tho.

here its just frustrating mostly. :/

there killing off all the defensive powers up untill the point where they are hardly worth slotting anymore.

Aada

Part of the furniture
its nowhere near the same fun mayhem in this game as it is in CoX when you group tho.

here its just frustrating mostly. :/

there killing off all the defensive powers up untill the point where they are hardly worth slotting anymore.

Hope you didn't buy a lifetime sub then :p

One guy summed it up on the CO forums by saying 'i could sit on my regen all day taking on 8-10 mobs and hit 1,2 and 3 over and over and never worry about my health taking a hit'

Cryptic did the right thing in my opinion.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Thankfully you can cancel lifetime/6 month subs until the end of the free time. I'll give it until then, but I'm not holding my hopes out, as there just doesn't seem to be the content!

They may have seriously screwed the pooch with this 13th hour change.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thankfully you can cancel lifetime/6 month subs until the end of the free time. I'll give it until then, but I'm not holding my hopes out, as there just doesn't seem to be the content!

They may have seriously screwed the pooch with this 13th hour change.

You bought the lifetime sub thing?

Madness, something I would never do with an mmo it's like some friends who did that with lord of the rings they ain't played it for years hehe.

Same with people who buy a 6 month sub when the game launches then quit after 3 weeks :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
got the lifetime myself.

I was hoping on them making hte game harder, hell it still too easy for me but nevermind :D

People are crying because they cant walk throuhg the game anymore with no risks.. as is death is meaningless and therefore people werent worried about crying.

I still take on over a dozen enemy of 3lvls higher then me and survive with plenty of health. Before i would take on 30mobs and take 5-10% dmage before all enemy were dead.

Seriously the changes were needed, people that can cope clearly got other issues. I think the main one is that people think that they can super stat whatever they want and then just get items to match the superstats. You cant. If you want better survivability you need to take items with +con on them. But nay, people want the game to be a pisstake. Sure i enjoyed it before but I actually like it better now.

Infact, hate me if you like. Since CB access I told Daeke (one the the cryptic team) that the game was way too easy.
I also informed them of many exploits which they fixed
And also gave details on powers that needed sorting out. Some still do, some actually been made poor now and once I got real tests on them I will put in some power inputs for rebuffing them.

The XP thing, I also gave much advice on that as well to them throuhg the bug system. Both the reducing, and then after adviced on increase needed. Some which was listened too.

The dev team is good, if you actually talk to them properly then they listen. The whining on the forums annoys me as the people are idiots, they clearly playing it wrong because they moan about powers that I actually think make the game easy.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah the changes were needed imo. I have still found the pvp to be boring and lifeless so I am not going to be playing this anymore. Shame really.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Spot on Corran also I've noticed the majority of people moaning on the co forums are those that only spent 1 week or so in the OB most in the that were in CB feel that cryptic have done the right thing.

I don't understand how anyone gets any fun by mowing down mob after mob without any risk what so ever.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Is this game worth spending the money on then? ive not touched any of the beta's so i dont have a clue lol.

Pro's and Con's would be cool.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is this game worth spending the money on then? ive not touched any of the beta's so i dont have a clue lol.

Pro's and Con's would be cool.

pve: people only group for bosses. what with travel forms the quests can be spaced out so you try organising 5 random noobs to do the quests in an order. Ends up people all running off till its a boss mob.

pvp: boring, lifeless, dull, no a care if you win or die.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
And once again the patcher is shite and there's a days downtime. Didn't they learn the lesson from the open beta?

I'm not getting a good vibe, I may cancel my six month sub and return my (unopened) retail copy to amazon at this rate.

Corran

Part of the furniture
It only been about 3hrs down. most mmo releases have that on day 1, surprised it taken this long for it to happen.

Things aint perfect, but hell least they making changes as and when they need too and not afraid of taking hard decisions.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
The problem for me is the complete lack of communication. I mean getting updates via twitter, what the hell? You can tell that they are developers and haven't actually ran an online game before, it looks like they are making stupid mistakes like hosting the forums, and quite possibly their corporate internet access, out of the same data centre and net feed as the game.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The problem for me is the complete lack of communication. I mean getting updates via twitter, what the hell? You can tell that they are developers and haven't actually ran an online game before, it looks like they are making stupid mistakes like hosting the forums, and quite possibly their corporate internet access, out of the same data centre and net feed as the game.

lack of communication pisses me off the most.

got an email from play.com saying my copy will be delayed...dont care tbh!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

they also have some impressive arsenals of nerf cannons and arent afraid to use them alot. this game have gone from something pretty funky in closed beta with a true hero feel to it into a subpar sandbox MMO with absolutely 0 hero feel to it with the defensive passives being close to useless now.

oh and heres a tip if u wanna pvp and be close to unkillable. pick up teleport travel power, chill from the ice set (preferably by picking the energy builder from that tree as chill is a proc, not a toggle, to obv enchant that with chill on your first set of talents), shotgun from munitions and micro mines from gadgeteering.

first spam energy builder untill chill procs (90% unbreakable ~15 sec snare*) run past and plant the mines behind him, run back up front of him and just shotgun (chain knockback) him into the mines and collect the free kill.

and if anyone decides to CC you, just press teleport and voila, instant breakfree on a pretty low cooldown.

*teleport breaks chill effect so not completely unbreakable, but just about.

be prepared for loads and loads of flames if u end up using it tho :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I don't understand how anyone gets any fun by mowing down mob after mob without any risk what so ever.

depends what type of mobs tbh. if its henchies then yes we should be able to wade in there without much trouble unless thers MANY of them (not just 6 - 7)

LT's should probably pose a problem if theres 5 or so of them, master villains should be a challenge on their own, and super villains should be handeled by 3 or more players.

as it is now ~5 henchies and a LT will make it be a very close call, alternatively make you run unless you have area CC at your disposal.

so not very "hero" there imo...

Corran

Part of the furniture
I still kill a dozen mobs include a master villan and villans in the mix :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
depends what type of mobs tbh. if its henchies then yes we should be able to wade in there without much trouble unless thers MANY of them (not just 6 - 7)

LT's should probably pose a problem if theres 5 or so of them, master villains should be a challenge on their own, and super villains should be handeled by 3 or more players.

as it is now ~5 henchies and a LT will make it be a very close call, alternatively make you run unless you have area CC at your disposal.

so not very "hero" there imo...

I firmly believe that people would get bored very fast if the game was kept as it was pre patch, no challenge = switch the TV on and grind away pressing 1,2,3 = boredom very fast.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I firmly believe that people would get bored very fast if the game was kept as it was pre patch, no challenge = switch the TV on and grind away pressing 1,2,3 = boredom very fast.

the majority of those ppl are also the ones that wont be happy no matter what tho. so either way they wont stick around for long. :)

i still think that this game needs to make ppl feel heroic when they play their characters. and right now there really isnt much of that going on.

unless you count the quests where the NPC's claim that you are THE hero of the day..... along with everyone else thats done the same quests..... >.<

/edit: take Prototype, thats a perfect game of how things should be :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
the majority of those ppl are also the ones that wont be happy no matter what tho. so either way they wont stick around for long. :)

i still think that this game needs to make ppl feel heroic when they play their characters. and right now there really isnt much of that going on.

unless you count the quests where the NPC's claim that you are THE hero of the day..... along with everyone else thats done the same quests..... >.<

/edit: take Prototype, thats a perfect game of how things should be :)

Prototype is a singleplayer game that gets boring very very fast and not something you would go back too after completeing it.

I've been playing the game all day since around 9am this morning something i haven't done in an mmorpg for years, a really fun game so far.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Cryptic annoying me atm for the fact they refuse to extend EU grace period :( . They give US 5 working days from 1st sep to allow their retail boxes to arrive, they give EU 2 NON working days from 4th. Then add to the fact many places like amazon and play had unforseen problems and didnt even ship the game till the 5th :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Cryptic annoying me atm for the fact they refuse to extend EU grace period :( . They give US 5 working days from 1st sep to allow their retail boxes to arrive, they give EU 2 NON working days from 4th. Then add to the fact many places like amazon and play had unforseen problems and didnt even ship the game till the 5th :(

My copy never arrived from GAME either first thing that has never arrived in 4 years of ordering off them.

Went down town and got it from the store :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
i got my lvl 40 last night and now having fun farming things. Such as snake gulche to get all the figures etc.

got 2 figures drop at 39 and 40. Didnt know they could drop. Given solo you can only get 6-8 unity merits a day, and each figure costs 1000 unity merits i saved alot of time :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tell you what, having a blast using the 360 control pad it plays really good.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
A lot of the complaints people have seem to be the same as in the original City of Heroes. In beta, open beta and for a few weeks of live (in the USA) some builds were making absolute mincemeat of huge numbers of mobs, so defences were nerfed, offences nerfed and enemies beefed up.

Made for a much tougher game but lots of people quit as they 'didn't feel superheroic'.

Downloaded this yesterday and having lots of fun with the hero creator. At present I have a level 10 supernatural, a level 6 gadgeteer, a level 5 telepath and a level 6 archer. Not sure what to stick with all the way as yet, anyone got any suggestions?

I've noticed people refer to balancing, talents and award points or some such, don't have much clue what any of that is... care to share the goodness? :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
A lot of the complaints people have seem to be the same as in the original City of Heroes. In beta, open beta and for a few weeks of live (in the USA) some builds were making absolute mincemeat of huge numbers of mobs, so defences were nerfed, offences nerfed and enemies beefed up.

Made for a much tougher game but lots of people quit as they 'didn't feel superheroic'.

Downloaded this yesterday and having lots of fun with the hero creator. At present I have a level 10 supernatural, a level 6 gadgeteer, a level 5 telepath and a level 6 archer. Not sure what to stick with all the way as yet, anyone got any suggestions?

I've noticed people refer to balancing, talents and award points or some such, don't have much clue what any of that is... care to share the goodness? :)

Been playing it since release, having a ton of fun :)

Recommend the 360 pad.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

no they nerfed offense way more the defensive sets. defense was, and still is to a large degree, very very strong in CoX atleast in pve.

and even with the def nerfs in pvp you still need a rather huge ammount of stacked defense debuffs on the tank or accuracy buffs on you to actually manage some kind of reasonable damage on lets say a stone tanker with all their shit on...

and being the casual CoX gamer i am and only play a month whenever a new issue comes out i can see when theres been big changes to something on the way between them as i havent seen the stealth nerfs/buffs. and thus far they really havent done a whole lot to defense powers in CoX atleast not when it comes to keeping them nerfed, and the few massive nerfs that has been to defense sets have largely been rebuffed alot.

maybe not up to the point it was before the nerf but the overall change havent been that big from how it was at release..

and those fucking enhancement sets thats plauging the game now more or less brought them back to where it was at release.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
maybe not up to the point it was before the nerf but the overall change havent been that big from how it was at release..

I played City of Heroes in the States and there were huge changes after release. Lots of blasters and fire controllers burned their way to the top level (40) in a few days so everybody got nerfed.

My illusion controller got it pretty bad too with big nerfs and yet no improvements in control. So I started playing a fire tanker and then they nerfed that into the ground. So I waved a fond farewell.

Having fun with CO so far though. I feel I may have gimped my supernatural character by choosing ego upgrades, didn't really understand the instructions :/ He is still fun to play, not sure how he will work out long time.

Archer now at level 11, will get the Gadgeteer up to that sort of level later today. Tis hard to know what powers to take from other spec lines without having played them, so I am levelling up a few at the same time for now before settling on one to play most of the time.

And sorry if this is a noobish question ... but does the Xbox controller work on a pc? :eek:

Aada

Part of the furniture
I played City of Heroes in the States and there were huge changes after release. Lots of blasters and fire controllers burned their way to the top level (40) in a few days so everybody got nerfed.

My illusion controller got it pretty bad too with big nerfs and yet no improvements in control. So I started playing a fire tanker and then they nerfed that into the ground. So I waved a fond farewell.

Having fun with CO so far though. I feel I may have gimped my supernatural character by choosing ego upgrades, didn't really understand the instructions :/ He is still fun to play, not sure how he will work out long time.

Archer now at level 11, will get the Gadgeteer up to that sort of level later today. Tis hard to know what powers to take from other spec lines without having played them, so I am levelling up a few at the same time for now before settling on one to play most of the time.

And sorry if this is a noobish question ... but does the Xbox controller work on a pc? :eek:

Yes it does work but you need a WIRED control pad.

Corran

Part of the furniture
turamber,

to get some easy levels and get to 10 without any hassle you can do one the crisis zones, then instead of leaving for the main zones opt to return to the crisis zone.

Then take the helicopter to the other crisis zone and do all the missions there.

I can get lvl 10 inside an hour :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom