Champions Online

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Did my first five man instance tonight. Not withstanding that my character was a bit low for it, and there were only three of us ... Dr Destroyers Factory has ruined the goodwill I had to the game.

Class free MMOGs sound alright in theory but in practice -- what a mess. Add in horrible level design, whole rooms of mobs that aggro, healers getting huge aggro for the slightest heal... bleh. Count me out.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Healer aggro getting reduced in a coming patch that has notes on the test server currently. Dont know if it be in the Bloodmoon update or the following patch though.
I solo most the time as I dont spend long enough on it to group, nor find many people worth grouping with. Messing with an alt at the moment.

Dr.D lab is probably the worst of all the 5mans due to the cramped areas etc, probably easier to do with 2 good players then 5 meh! players that dont know the place. Stops the mobs running for help which pulls whole rooms on you.
Unfortunately at the moment most players dont know how to "play" as a group nor want to learn as not many occassions you need to. As such things are annoying in groups. I used to have a heal but got rid of it, though helps mindful reinforcement is buggy and can be stacked and get constant 2k+ heals lol.

Hard to defend some things about the game though, that is true, but hoping in time that they get things better but then i have got lifetime subs.
I enjoy the game but that probably because I know it well enough to not need to group for much, and those things you do have to group for arent necessary so i can bypass them if want and just have a laugh

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
healing in general is a fucking pain in the ass. you actually have to switch target to the one that has aggro to heal. u cant heal like in coX where u can just target the mob and heal that mobs target.

so couple that with the need to switch BACK to the mob again just to refuel end makes healing insanly frustrating.

been trying to heal telios tower a few times now and every time i just end up shrugging and going back to DPS'ing because i'm more useful that way.

Corran

Part of the furniture
healing in general is a fucking pain in the ass. you actually have to switch target to the one that has aggro to heal. u cant heal like in coX where u can just target the mob and heal that mobs target.

there is an option where you can target the target of the enemy, you have to select it within the options menu somewhere.

It is annoying though because with that option on you need to deselect the target to heal yourself.

If you go celestral that is gonna get even worse as it will never change target as the heals got a damage component.

Glad i dont bother with healers atm :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
and lol at another thing.

got a single target heal from telepathy, and its UTTERLY useless. it actually stops healing (its a maintain heal) if you take damage....

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Yeah the other heal is much better. I've cancelled my subs and not played for a few days, but will be logging on to catch some of the event.

Game seems a bit of a mess really with the open power system and lack of defined roles. That experience in Dr Evil's lair has really put me off the game.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Actually finding myself going back to CoX more and more here whenever i want my superhero fix insted of CO...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

so couple that with the need to switch BACK to the mob again just to refuel end makes healing insanly frustrating.

been trying to heal telios tower a few times now and every time i just end up shrugging and going back to DPS'ing because i'm more useful that way.

The best system for target healing i have come across recently was Warhammer. Being able to have an offensive and defensive target simultaneously was great imo :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aye, that is fucking ace.

Vanguard has it aswell i think.

well, they fixed healing aggro now atleast, so thats something.

still a fucking pain in the arse to heal properly tho.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Well CO have really screwed up this weekend.#

So they want a "free weekend" for people to try the game. Great idea.

But then they dont make sure they got bandwidth/servers that can handle it and make it near impossible to get in. Cant get through the patcher because it overloaded by all the freeloaders wanting to get a try meaning the subscribers are lossing their paid for downtime on yet another weekend after just suffering another saturday without being able to play due to server crash.

I think the mix of launching STO beta and CO freeweekend is just too much strain on their resources and has been handled poorly. This will actually cost them subscribers instead of attracting them in i reckon

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Well I speak to the CO dev's a lot, more so this week, and they are having a lot of problems. They are working 24x7 to get things working for this weekend, but I believe they are also testing new things to see if they can improve patching and client downloads (maybe for STO? :p )

They have a huge team right now, 3 MMOs, 1 released and 2 in Dev... it cannot be easy!

Corran

Part of the furniture
I play it as is from time to time. And now it F2P it means the missus will go back to playing it. We had a laugh leveling together

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Any of you lot going to bother or has DCU already taken over?

I was in the closed beta for the free to play and can't say it caught my imagination. DCU has my attention for now, might come back in a month or two and see how things have developed. My main worry with free to play MMOG's is that they will suffer from lack of investment and thus a lack of new content.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Any of you lot going to bother or has DCU already taken over?

I tried it out yesterday but after playing DCUO i can't say i'm inclined to go back. There's just something about CO that makes it really horrible..

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've never really given it anything more than 5 minutes. Gonna give it a couple of hours over the weekend and see how it plays. I figure that the worst end up I've wasted some time and temporarily wasted some HDD space.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Don't get your hopes up to much tho, you only have access to the boring archetypes with the f2p account. And forget being competitive in pvp against "gold members" as you can't even mix powers between the archetypes you do have access to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom