Champions Online

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah, did that. Now have a 900+Mb patch. Still taking forever though!

yeah and the fucking piece of shit times out every few mb so you have to close it and then re-open!

oh and their site is going down lol. Makes GOA look half decent!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
yeah and the fucking piece of shit times out every few mb so you have to close it and then re-open!

oh and their site is going down lol. Makes GOA look half decent!

When the patcher 'freezes' up, it isn't actually frozen. If you wait long enough, the patcher will continue working after about 2-3 minutes or so. It stops on a few files every now and then, but i you just leave it running for a while, it will eventually complete.
Closing and reopening the patcher every time it appears to freeze will just make your patching process take an extremely long time for nothing.[/

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Press 'delete' in the launcher and you'll get a screen showing you the proper progress. Looks like some kind of updating log.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lol patcher is super fucked now, website, forum, patcher all down.

Tilda

Can someone clarify - I ordered the 6 month deal on the Champions Online website - mainly for the STO beta. Do I need something different to get the CO beta? do i currently just have to wait till release?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Can someone clarify - I ordered the 6 month deal on the Champions Online website - mainly for the STO beta. Do I need something different to get the CO beta? do i currently just have to wait till release?

You should have been sent a beta code which you enter onto their website, then download the client from Fail Planet.

If you don't have the code, contact Cryptic or w/e they're called as they may need a kick up the ass!

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Even if you do the 6 month deal you still need to pre-order the game from somewhere, they will provide you with a beta key.

Got it working yesterday, and enjoying it so far, apart from a few bugs with missions. Tried powered armour first, and it's pretty good. May go with a melee character next, or guns.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I've been trying the darkness/eldritch archtypes which are ok. Am thinking of trying the gun archtype but will do that later.

Having alot of fun tho :)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
This game is like an even shallower version of CoX. Admittedly I am only level 10 but I don;t see the point.

Syri

FH is my second home
One of the main problems I had with the game, apart from bugs and the horrible UI, was that there just doesn't seem any real reason to play it. Also virtually no community to it, as you're shoved in an instance of each zone with about 20-30 people in that instance, all spread out. Seems as though the whole thing was designed for solo play aswell, I don't think any of the quests at the start would even be decent in a group except for the cannon bit on the start zone. Nothing at all really grabbed me. Seemed incredibly easy aswell, started a character and had only 2 abilities, but despite that I could chop through 5 mobs at a time, doing aoe with dual swords. Admittedly, I only reached level 6, but I just felt no reason to carry on. By that point I had a travel power, and felt my character was already "super", and didn't really have anything to prove, or reach for. I could aoe mobs, and at level 5, got a ranged attack too.
I will probably give it another go in the open beta, see if anything grabs me, but not holding high hopes really.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
yeah, all i could think was, 'why are all these people getting in the way of me playing this game? and most of them look really retarded.'

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think pvp will make or break the game. Its fun doing the quests because there is a mini story to it. I'm level 11 and still having fun, but if the pvp sucks, the game will once the novelty wears off.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I've been trying the darkness/eldritch archtypes which are ok. Am thinking of trying the gun archtype but will do that later.

Having alot of fun tho :)

wait till u get ebon rift in darkness. when you get that u wont use any other powers part the energy building one, its just that fucking overpowered.

its kinda like a black hole power, sucking up to 5 mobs or ppl into it and then starts dealing out some kickass damage.

its THE power to get if u wanna AE alot. everything else is just worthless in comparison.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think pvp will make or break the game. Its fun doing the quests because there is a mini story to it. I'm level 11 and still having fun, but if the pvp sucks, the game will once the novelty wears off.

well, like i said earlier, the pvp in this game is better then in CoX, but worse then pretty much everything else. mostly because if someone dont want to die they just start to block and your most kickass powers will deal a wehooping 1 damage to him...

think of it as WoW arena games with pug's in everything else..

it gets a tad better in tier 3 and 4 but its nowhere near good enough to be a factor when it comes to the games success...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
well, like i said earlier, the pvp in this game is better then in CoX, but worse then pretty much everything else. mostly because if someone dont want to die they just start to block and your most kickass powers will deal a wehooping 1 damage to him...

think of it as WoW arena games with pug's in everything else..

it gets a tad better in tier 3 and 4 but its nowhere near good enough to be a factor when it comes to the games success...

ahh that does not bode well :(
Aion is so horrible to play, but if I have to I suppose I may.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
wait till u get ebon rift in darkness. when you get that u wont use any other powers part the energy building one, its just that fucking overpowered.

its kinda like a black hole power, sucking up to 5 mobs or ppl into it and then starts dealing out some kickass damage.

its THE power to get if u wanna AE alot. everything else is just worthless in comparison.

hmm, got the ability and its shit, must have been nerfed :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Tried it out the last few days and - damn I'm glad I'm not going to spend money on it.
The game interface alone is enough to make me disregard this game entirely. Damn it is poor - obvious due to having to fit the console controls.

Corran

Part of the furniture

im guessing you not been kept up to date? They nerfed ebon rift before the open beta so it had no pull on it anymore... it actually crap now. Damage and the main selling point , the pull all taken right out.

infact there not really any good high end powers.... lvl 37, and for alot of levels i been "hmm what shall i take". Snowstorm is my main power usage.

Been a horrid grind though due to no high end quests due to the closure of the 2 main zones for 30+ ... but i really wanted to try get level 40 for a laugh before beta closed )had all day on it as misses was out). Maxed my crafting at the 400 and i reckon i can get to level 40 before the end of the headstart if i really wanted too :p

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
if you ordered with Play.com, seems they mucked up the codes and are sending the same code to everyone... not thinking its unique. They then seem to send you the Beta code, which isn't the same as the headstart code.

If you, like me, want to complain and get the correct code, I suggest emailing:
codesandpromos@play.com

Not very quick, but they will send the correct codes as soon as you email... no email, no codes...

Corran

Part of the furniture
actually the OB code is the HS code apparently... can you confirm that they are indeed different?

But they did screw up the initial mail, i got on the phone and they looked into it and sent out right ones... but OB code = HS code. As the devs said days ago - just hope that is correct.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if you ordered with Play.com, seems they mucked up the codes and are sending the same code to everyone... not thinking its unique. They then seem to send you the Beta code, which isn't the same as the headstart code.

If you, like me, want to complain and get the correct code, I suggest emailing:
codesandpromos@play.com

Not very quick, but they will send the correct codes as soon as you email... no email, no codes...

I got 2 emails from play. Both emails were the same except the code. One was a normal looking code, the other was something really short and Not unique looking.

We cant use the codes till 6pm Friday (UK time) as well.

Corran

Part of the furniture
%%CODE%% = screwed up mailing list :p

But it is looking that the OB code = Headstart code

I love the community team at Cryptic. Daeke is so approachable even if Wishy yells at me for sending her a PM! Though she is nice, i was bored waiting on a reply so pm'd and she was busy, :D

Got my LT before, but now got my missus 6months after the community team went to the suits with the uproar and made them fold and put unlimited supply up until the date stated in the original advertisements which had no "limited stock" information on it.

Had some great beta time, they implemented fixes exactly as i suggested to them \o/ and they even opened the server for a couple hours tonight even though the game goes "live" to the pre-orders in 17hrs. Nice touch that :)

Forums are annoying, too many whiners about nothing and hoping they get locked to subscribers only in the important areas (gameplay etc).
IRC community though are really nice, and the bonus is that Cryptic employees are generally on it as well and when got time talk to us all.

Bodes well for the game future i think with them listening to us, just hope they dont weild the nerfbat due to people not understanding how to fight back

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah they seem like a good bunch, however I found it vague in terms of direction. When I clicked on the insta 40 NPC I did not know what to do. Was in millenium city doing lowbie quests trying to figure out where I could pvp or do quests my level (to raise money to respec lol).

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
And in comes the nerf hammer on release day! Massive changes to the powers, making a bunch useless, and they haven't given everyone a free respec, or fixed the stupendous respec costs. It's now a lot harder to play.

I'll give it a bit, but it's a stupid move, something I'd expect on a project that albatross Bill Roper is involved with TBH.

Aada

Part of the furniture
And in comes the nerf hammer on release day! Massive changes to the powers, making a bunch useless, and they haven't given everyone a free respec, or fixed the stupendous respec costs. It's now a lot harder to play.

I'll give it a bit, but it's a stupid move, something I'd expect on a project that albatross Bill Roper is involved with TBH.

What's funny is that almost everyones complaint about the game was too easy, people reaching lvl 40 before the head start even ended was ridiculous.

They don't want their player base reaching lvl 40 in 2-3 weeks then leaving in droves.

Besides, this is nothing new in an MMORPG they either nerf or boost the monsters to make things harder at release.

Seems to me people are moaning because they can't solo entire groups of enemies anymore and never die, personally if it encourages grouping it will be good because COX was a blast if you got a group going.

My copy has been sent out today looking forward to it.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
The issue I have is that this wasn't the case in the head-start! Head start should be the same as release apart from a few bug fixes! But now they nerf a lot of powers, which slants things even more against the people who didn't have a head-start.

As to it not taking long to get to lvl 40, that's their problem, they need to add more content, not just make everything a lot harder! It needed a rebalancing yes, but not this hard, not this fast and not without giving people a chance to retcon.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The issue I have is that this wasn't the case in the head-start! Head start should be the same as release apart from a few bug fixes! But now they nerf a lot of powers, which slants things even more against the people who didn't have a head-start.

As to it not taking long to get to lvl 40, that's their problem, they need to add more content, not just make everything a lot harder! It needed a rebalancing yes, but not this hard, not this fast and not without giving people a chance to retcon.

They needed to make the game harder dude it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy, don't you like a challenge?

I'm not in the headstart and i'm not bothered at all that i won't be able to catch up with the headstart monkeys that have played the game every minute since the servers have been up.

Personally after playing the beta since closed up to open beta i am very happy they have made the game harder because as it was you could sleep while playing the game it was that easy.

People never grouped as you didn't need too but now people will need to group to defeat bosses and personally i'm all for it, DAOC group days were the most fun i ever had in an MMORPG the social aspect was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom