Cathal Valley - First In

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Well what do you guys think so far of the new BG? Im playing Cow the Bard atm, having some fun but the Mid group just logged, how many Warlocks? seriously hehe, nevermind, think it was 2 - 1 to you guys but you logged and we stayed, hey ho, not steamrolled any soloers yet, only those that attack us..

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
if your the Nasty ass Valewalker aye we did, mez mezz dead :D hahaha was good considering i had to go 1 minute later :)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
shite so far from a solo perspective had practically every fight I've had ruined by morons be them enemy or "friendly" also add too the fact that 90% of the people that actually do solo play some stupid class thats about as much fun too fight solo as a case of genital warts, hi wardens.

Will stick it out a few nights and hope its just because its new and not that no one has the common courtesy too allow a fight too finish before claiming teh holy rp.

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
not seen that many mids and albs. hib side has seriously lacked druids, i know that for sure. I'm currently playing Hero called Githyanki. I got him to 2L6 already today, and if has been enjoyable, even if a little slow. i was hoping a lot more people would have tried it out. guess people are scare of my leet hero :p

well, hopefully see more people tomorrow. hopefully less warlocks ... grp of 3 on stick ftw :/

Influenza

Part of the furniture
RandomDotCom said:
not seen that many mids and albs. hib side has seriously lacked druids, i know that for sure. I'm currently playing Hero called Githyanki. I got him to 2L6 already today, and if has been enjoyable, even if a little slow. i was hoping a lot more people would have tried it out. guess people are scare of my leet hero :p

well, hopefully see more people tomorrow. hopefully less warlocks ... grp of 3 on stick ftw :/

I think the bug with the TOA client might be having some kind of impact on how many people are there.
I shall be there to try out my minstrel tommorow :)

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
Is any1 gonna focus on soloing in that bg? or is it just gonna be add add add? :(

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
RandomDotCom said:

omg perfectly timed I talk of the devil and one turns up go figure.

maybe if you and your group didn't relentlessly add and roll people with numbers there might be a few more people there.

grats on 2l6 and may rr5 come swiftly for you im sure a void will be left from CV that could never be filled.

and to plik yeah theres a few people "trying" too solo but tbh if today is anything too go by I think the place will be empty before weekend.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
I decided to lvl my valk out of Leirvik, and my bd is lvl 48, will be a few days before i enter Cv, ill aim to solo if possible, But i wont say no to groups ofc when the enemy comes with groups as well.

A point, 5 ppl come across a solo melee char, would be nice if 1 of the 5 steps out of the bunch and fight the tank 1-1 instead of steamrolling him. if the solo player win or loses , he will at least feels being treated better and wont log out of pure frustration.

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
We were 6 then down to 5 people, when i saw x2 or a solo character i would /hug them and be on my way, if they cast a damaging spell at me or attack me then its classed as a direct attack on the group and is treated that way, at one point i was shouting on Teamspeak 'Don't Fucking hit me please' I dont 'want' to hurt soloers or duo / even threesomes, mmmm threesomes...

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Is any1 gonna focus on soloing in that bg? or is it just gonna be add add add?

You mean to say, you really want the BG to be kitted out for solo play?

Let me just quote the patch notes:

New Level 45-49 BG : In this version, we have deployed a new battleground, Cathal Valley, covering levels 45-49, lower Realm Ranks, and lower Master Levels. The addition of this battleground addresses players in the level 45-49 level range who were frustrated by the inability to get groups and participate in New Frontiers RvR.

As far as im concerned, BG's are for tatally random game play, that is addin ganking etc etc anything goes.

And anyone who tries to bring elitest gameplay to BG's , is going to make there selfs look like a twat.

I`lll give you an example:

Not long before the server cames back up, a few of us went out into the 45-49 BG, and some of us had no leggins on, green con armour etc etc you get the picture, we looked like right tramps.

Anyways we saw this Firby VW, so we just went mad and trashed it a few times, minutes after that, Samaroon logs on to Midgard and starts calling a guy in my group lame and giveing him a hard time for it.

Is this really called for ?

For alot of people BG's are about totall madness, and tbh im getting pissed off with solo people complaining about adding and having to respect there wishes etc etc

In future they will be sent to the Care Farm.

Over and out.

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
omg perfectly timed I talk of the devil and one turns up go figure.

maybe if you and your group didn't relentlessly add and roll people with numbers there might be a few more people there.

grats on 2l6 and may rr5 come swiftly for you im sure a void will be left from CV that could never be filled.

and to plik yeah theres a few people "trying" too solo but tbh if today is anything too go by I think the place will be empty before weekend.

well, i got people to show 'respect' to soloers, who in turn just added and zerged. so, ya know, what goes around comes around. and not once in the day did we have a fg, we were a messed up pug, most of us in rogs, a shar mentalist, everyone with unfinished temps.

so fair play to soloers, people jump me, hit me, add on me, what am i supposed to do? stand there and die? who were you anyway?

MrBic

Part of the furniture
RandomDotCom said:
well, i got people to show 'respect' to soloers, who in turn just added and zerged. so, ya know, what goes around comes around. and not once in the day did we have a fg, we were a messed up pug, most of us in rogs, a shar mentalist, everyone with unfinished temps.

so fair play to soloers, people jump me, hit me, add on me, what am i supposed to do? stand there and die? who were you anyway?

Camping APK with a hero,ani andmenta is showing respect?
beckon anyone at that point and i doubt many ppl will go for a 1vs1 fight.
I know i didnt cause of the ani/menta attackign me whenever i got in range..

not sure the hero was you tho but name was something like Githyank..
hibs seemed to like to stan just outside apk with almost a fg at some points :puke:

Arathan

Fledgling Freddie
I did see some camping (of atk mostly, ppl reverting to old emain habits? :p) but that stopped as far as I could see and the group I ran with certainly didn't camp anything.

Anyways, I really hope for some more group action in cv. We had a lot of fun despite the opposition only being pretty much a single mid group (and ts was freaking hilarious ^^)

Too bad really that the albs didn't group up. They had lots of classes for a way better PUG than we had (I distinctly remember seeing two different clerics around as well as sorcs, palas, cabas etc)... Ah well, suppose they weren't all on at the same time >_>

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
RandomDotCom said:

balistik the hunter who never added on anyone nevermind you, the only people I attacked was solo players all the time I was there.

I had 3 good fights with a nightshade who was very tough I worked hard too try and get an advantagious situation too arise I got it and was winning vs him up until your mug of a group arrived and you being one of the people that hit me it looked like he was still going down anyway, untill ofc you heal him back too full hp.

so thanks once again for ruining one of the few decent fight I had all day for which your excuse is "well some people added on me" I'll look into that same attitude the next time I see you or any group your in fighting someone else.

flopster

Fledgling Freddie
i was the ns, u did have me on that fight at HG, u caught me totally by suprise hehe. sorry about the others healing me, i didnt ask, just happened(though i appreciated it). we had a few good rumbles, was just bad timing the one u was gonna mash me on, was the time the other hibs ran past.

i personally was happy with CV, i made 22.5k rps and balistik u was worth the most per kill 911+45+43rps:p

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
big map...needs more people...

I really hope people are busy leveling for this bg and it will have more action in it in the next few weeks.

As cow said, our pug left several soloers in our 40min+ run but later on i saw plenty hibs just ganking soloers at the middle point :/ (and where were the albs??)

Farms 49 chanter (unbuffed)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
flopster said:
i was the ns, u did have me on that fight at HG, u caught me totally by suprise hehe. sorry about the others healing me, i didnt ask, just happened(though i appreciated it). we had a few good rumbles, was just bad timing the one u was gonna mash me on, was the time the other hibs ran past.

i personally was happy with CV, i made 22.5k rps and balistik u was worth the most per kill 911+45+43rps:p

:) thought I had you earlier also when I used stealth lore got right up behind you hit rear stun and it failed hehe not much seemed too go for me :p

I'm still not fully templated as I kinda ran out of cash so missing my sc'ed armour also the lack of a str/con buff due too me not realising the one on kroljers ring is lvl 50 :p

hopefully see you there again and put up a better fight in the future :)

Edit* phantomby raises a good point where were the albs saw one all day, a heretic I engaged him and a mid group smashed him too bits seconds later hooray :<

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Playing theueg Aromara, Will actually sort template this week and then solo alot ;d

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Just for the record im playing Cow the Bard, when grouped i will not attack any group that is at least half of my group, ie:

8 vs 8 - 4 = Attack
8 vs 3 or lower = Leave

However, if anyone attacks my group be them solo or otherwise then its a free for all i think, i know mezzing classes can sometimes screw up a whole group, so if i see a mez class casting be assured ill try and mezz you first and be on my way, basically i dont gank at all, i think people will realise in the future that i mean what i say but as of yet this is how i stand. I play the game for fun not to roll people over, its a long run back :(

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Craft said:
I play the game for fun not to roll people over, :(

im also of the same opinion, its no fun to be rolled by a fg, if you see a tank class as a grp, let somone step foward and fight him, doesnt matter if you heal him on 5% a good fight is better than 2 seconds of assist beatings.

If a group is running and its larger than any opposition out there, i will personally leave and solo to even up the grp odds. It takes only a little effort not to roll people and they will come back again and again, if you roll smaller numbers they will leave then you dont even have a keep to pve, just empty lands. Thats not fun.

hope others adopt the same approach.

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
From a mid point of view I logged on with my 48 SM and was quickly rolled by a Hib group, this happened a few more times to myself and other soloing mids before we decided to group up. I think we had 3 WLs, Thane, Healer, Shammy, Warrior and myself. From this point on we beat the hib group twice and lost to them once, rolling all soloers that we came across.

The most dissapointing aspect was that there was not enough players of any side to support such a large battleground. I'm not going to get into the adding argument because there is little point, if there was a larger number of people in the battleground then both solo and group play could be supported, but given there was not enough people on it's first night I can't see this improving.

Cluster the battlegrounds across all Euro servers imo

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
MrBic said:
Camping APK with a hero,ani andmenta is showing respect?
beckon anyone at that point and i doubt many ppl will go for a 1vs1 fight.
I know i didnt cause of the ani/menta attackign me whenever i got in range..

not sure the hero was you tho but name was something like Githyank..
hibs seemed to like to stan just outside apk with almost a fg at some points :puke:

didn't once grp with an ani, i did tell him to stop, but he just came out with 'they are only spore things'

people were coming and going most of the day, and there was almost a fg of albs when i was there, including theu's, heretics, sorcs ... why you guys didn't grp up and kill us is beyond me.

as for the 1v1 fights, i always went to the hill, to albs right (my left) and beckoned. I was completely out of range of anyone else. And while i was fighting a reaver, plenty of albs added on me. Later that day, the reaver, who i got my grp to show respect to, decided to add on every fight. It works both ways.

By the end of the night, there was a grp of 4 warlocks, 1 rm, 1 thane and 1 healer. They were camping the HPK road most of the night. So the 'camping' works 3 ways.

The map is far too big, and makes roaming for a hero and menta to get around easily. If we don't camp, we spend 20 minutes moving between the 2 portal keeps. Still, there were plenty of people out on alb side at one point. It's not my fault if you lack the ability to work together.

Yeke said:
balistik the hunter who never added on anyone nevermind you, the only people I attacked was solo players all the time I was there.

I had 3 good fights with a nightshade who was very tough I worked hard too try and get an advantagious situation too arise I got it and was winning vs him up until your mug of a group arrived and you being one of the people that hit me it looked like he was still going down anyway, untill ofc you heal him back too full hp.

so thanks once again for ruining one of the few decent fight I had all day for which your excuse is "well some people added on me" I'll look into that same attitude the next time I see you or any group your in fighting someone else.

Well, if you camp, a major movement point (as in the HMG) you are likely to get adds. yes. i hit you once, and that one hit, did actually miss (6 blade ftw). The person who killed you was Lainy. He was pissed off that he couldn't hold a steady connection. Anyway, it's your choice if you want to 'add', but it works both ways. If you add on me, I add on you. I won't hit you again if you are fighting, but i can't control the actions of others

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Works same for me when solo i guess, If i see a group running from 2-6 people im gonna chance it as i actually expect to do well against them :]

ALL duels i will leave and wont even give dam / haste till the end of the fight if the alb has won.

If i leave a fg to fight and make it clear i've just ran past them, Then later that same group tramples me . . If i see them in a fight in the future be sure that every caster they have will have pets on them :d

Anyway, Not gonna get my rule book out - People will see how i work in there ;d

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
isp is down one more week or so but after that I hope some albs is up for playing a caster group, would be nice with something like this :)
sorc, sorc, caba, caba, theurgist, friar, cleric, cleric

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
cools, cant wait for some good FG vs FG action :D reminds me of Gangbangs... cocks everywhere

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
RandomDotCom said:
didn't once grp with an ani, i did tell him to stop, but he just came out with 'they are only spore things'

people were coming and going most of the day, and there was almost a fg of albs when i was there, including theu's, heretics, sorcs ... why you guys didn't grp up and kill us is beyond me.

as for the 1v1 fights, i always went to the hill, to albs right (my left) and beckoned. I was completely out of range of anyone else. And while i was fighting a reaver, plenty of albs added on me. Later that day, the reaver, who i got my grp to show respect to, decided to add on every fight. It works both ways.

By the end of the night, there was a grp of 4 warlocks, 1 rm, 1 thane and 1 healer. They were camping the HPK road most of the night. So the 'camping' works 3 ways.

The map is far too big, and makes roaming for a hero and menta to get around easily. If we don't camp, we spend 20 minutes moving between the 2 portal keeps. Still, there were plenty of people out on alb side at one point. It's not my fault if you lack the ability to work together.

Well, if you camp, a major movement point (as in the HMG) you are likely to get adds. yes. i hit you once, and that one hit, did actually miss (6 blade ftw). The person who killed you was Lainy. He was pissed off that he couldn't hold a steady connection. Anyway, it's your choice if you want to 'add', but it works both ways. If you add on me, I add on you. I won't hit you again if you are fighting, but i can't control the actions of others

Not going too go on a quote fest too point out the hypocrisy of your post too you just quoted it purly for fucking LOL reasons, if you need a pointer check out the part where your saying about you getting add's and reasons for 'camping' and then the part about expecting adds if I 'camp' and then the part where you tell me that never added on you once, that if I add on you you will add on me LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom