Babybanana first time ever totally number 1

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
heh, you hit way too hard though, I got you to quite lowbish hp in slam, then I went down very fast :)
Don't think I can kill you 1v1 tbh, armsmen are usually not hard for me, even rr10+ ones, but you seem to have load of passives :)

Yeah and I couldn't purge that one I think, though I only have purge 1 anyway so your always going to get a free 5 seconds.

I do love my passives though I must admit. I've always believed from day one that it's better to invests in RA's that help you all the time anytime, then ones that only help you once every 10-15 minutes :england:

It's only MP5 and str2 parry 2 though.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Yeah and I couldn't purge that one I think, though I only have purge 1 anyway so your always going to get a free 5 seconds.

I do love my passives though I must admit. I've always believed from day one that it's better to invests in RA's that help you all the time anytime, then ones that only help you once every 10-15 minutes :england:

It's only MP5 and str2 parry 2 though.

Go pain 4 str 4 parry 3 ftw :D

aika

Can't get enough of FH
my current ra set is : Purge3 IP2 ST1 Pain4 Str4 LW1

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
some insane high rr 2 handed pallys running astral wpns on ywain...dunno why but blocking seems to be worse versus them.. then theres the run through whores :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think blocking should be any worse against 2H, it may just seem that way.
But the Astral 2H has a pretty tasty proc on it, I've never been a fan of the
2H styles. 2H paladin still seems a bit of a waste.

I've head ywaine is pretty sick with all the run through and strafe whores. :( pity people have to reduce a medieval rpg game to a FPS game mockery.

By the way, does anyone know if the Armor Wither proc simply negates that armour pieces absorb or wether it negates all the benefits of that armour piece it effects? My BB doesn't seem to live long enough to test it...

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Don't think blocking should be any worse against 2H, it may just seem that way.
But the Astral 2H has a pretty tasty proc on it, I've never been a fan of the
2H styles. 2H paladin still seems a bit of a waste.

I've head ywaine is pretty sick with all the run through and strafe whores. :( pity people have to reduce a medieval rpg game to a FPS game mockery.

By the way, does anyone know if the Armor Wither proc simply negates that armour pieces absorb or wether it negates all the benefits of that armour piece it effects? My BB doesn't seem to live long enough to test it...

hitting it unstyled till it proccs or whacking it styled ?.. wish we could access pendragon wiht eu accounts :/

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
hitting it unstyled till it proccs or whacking it styled ?.. wish we could access pendragon wiht eu accounts :/

Tried both...see it proc just difficult to interpret the exact effects it's having as it varies depending on which armour location it hits.

For example when it proc'd on Twinsun's breastplate the damage increases was very large.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
i guess hitting the same location a second time aint that easy after it does procc,.dunno if mids got an equvilant procc so not tested tbh,if u got ventrilo let me know,could join vent go somewhere let ya whack my warr for a while see what happens with the proccs..

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Did you enjoy the fight against my Nightshade (Pricklesprout), Kagato? I know the buffshear is a bit cheesy, but as I don't have IP, SoM nor Warguard I thought it was a good choice against a RR11 Arms :)

Anyhow, I was lucky with the evades and such, but I enjoyed the clean scrap :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
FounD out 2 handed axe has same procc,guildys going to try it will let ya know,tbh can't see the point in a single piece of armour being debuffed for 20 secs,against anything with good defences u are very unlikely to hit the same piece of armour enough times to make it worth while.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Did you enjoy the fight against my Nightshade (Pricklesprout), Kagato? I know the buffshear is a bit cheesy, but as I don't have IP, SoM nor Warguard I thought it was a good choice against a RR11 Arms :)

Anyhow, I was lucky with the evades and such, but I enjoyed the clean scrap :)

It was pretty cheesy I agree, but fair do's you sucker punched me and it was something I really wasn't expecting. The shear tactic was very rarely used even before I quit as few people wanted to be labelled as only winning against unbuffed characters. Which I can understand as that's not much better then the Vamp's that used to camp DF and the frontier dungeon before buff merchants.
So yeah it caught me by suprise, I checked afterwards and lost a total of 5 buffs including all my spec's and key str/con bases. I got a potion at the end but it was much to late by then. If I had been expecting it then theres several things I could of done to counter but I guess we're all learning to play again.

Still find it rediculous that item use ability even exists, let alone shears 3 buffs at a time. Specially when the tank equivilent does nothing but a Nearsight charge that can be purged.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
FounD out 2 handed axe has same procc,guildys going to try it will let ya know,tbh can't see the point in a single piece of armour being debuffed for 20 secs,against anything with good defences u are very unlikely to hit the same piece of armour enough times to make it worth while.

Yes specially with such a slow weapon.

I assumed though that when it disables that piece of armour it means your not longer benefiting from that armour parts AF/Absorb benefits to your total regardless of wear your being hit and if you got hit in that same unguarded location it would just hurt even more like an Intercepted hit that's bypassed armour.

That's the impression I got from the first Twinsun fight as the proc withered his chest piece and my next hit was inexplicably huge, don't remember the exact figure but I'm sure he noticed it :D

At first I assumed some absorb ability he used ran out until I saw the proc on the previous hit.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I got hit for like 600 after 250+ dmg was absorbed by WH.

I qq'd at heart and rebuffed again :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
It was pretty cheesy I agree, but fair do's you sucker punched me and it was something I really wasn't expecting. The shear tactic was very rarely used even before I quit as few people wanted to be labelled as only winning against unbuffed characters. Which I can understand as that's not much better then the Vamp's that used to camp DF and the frontier dungeon before buff merchants.
So yeah it caught me by suprise, I checked afterwards and lost a total of 5 buffs including all my spec's and key str/con bases. I got a potion at the end but it was much to late by then. If I had been expecting it then theres several things I could of done to counter but I guess we're all learning to play again.

Still find it rediculous that item use ability even exists, let alone shears 3 buffs at a time. Specially when the tank equivilent does nothing but a Nearsight charge that can be purged.

Weird tho, the shear is only supposed to shear 2 buffs off you, tho I dunno how it exactly works, I should try it in duels a few times (easy as the /use is resetted on zoning as well) to see what happens.

Think tank-one now does a 100% silence, but dunno for how long, the dragon-staff has a cure silence on it tho, so if people use that it doesn't do you much good.

Got it used on me a variety of times by other stealthers, it is annoying if you do win but lost vital buffs, on the other hand it is part of the game and as a result you don't have SoM for example which is a (big) trade-off for an assassin.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Weird tho, the shear is only supposed to shear 2 buffs off you, tho I dunno how it exactly works, I should try it in duels a few times (easy as the /use is resetted on zoning as well) to see what happens.

Think tank-one now does a 100% silence, but dunno for how long, the dragon-staff has a cure silence on it tho, so if people use that it doesn't do you much good.

Got it used on me a variety of times by other stealthers, it is annoying if you do win but lost vital buffs, on the other hand it is part of the game and as a result you don't have SoM for example which is a (big) trade-off for an assassin.

Well that's the other side to the buff shear, I wasn't going to go into it as it sounds like whining but basically, no matter if you win or lose despite the buff shear, you still lose because your effectively a sitting duck now with no buffs, all timers gone and have to return or suicide to rebuff again regardless.

So effectively even IF you win the fight, it's still the end of that run for you.

I checked my stats afterwards and it showed 3 buffs dropped initially at once, including spec str/con and dex/quick, then just as we got into melee 2 more buffs dropped, 5 in total. I couldn't figure out how that worked either I assumed you used something I wasn't aware of.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I got hit for like 600 after 250+ dmg was absorbed by WH.

I qq'd at heart and rebuffed again :)

That's the hit I was thinking off, around 900 on my end but with a hefty bit absorbed by one of your items. It was the next hit after my proc.

Funny thing is in another fight I think we both went through the entire thing with neither of us landing any resist debuffs, so it's still luck of the draw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom