[RANT] BW are balanced!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
i like how half the daoc population that went to WAR all rolled BW's... just shows how fotm-horny daoc players were.. if you don't think BWs are op'd you're an idiot.. there's a reason why randombw123 can do well with the spam of a few buttons

I dident know BW's where OP when i rolled one :ninja: Hakior ust told me to roll one! :p

MrBic

Part of the furniture

^^ team wizzy!!

epeen stroke!
PeloM_013.jpg

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
If you play a shadow hunter, then you should be reported for cheating or bug abusing or both! Such class does not exist!

there are many flaws in my last post, this was the most cunning one!

Willi

Loyal Freddie
Played my chosen rank40 (yep a tank) a while and noticed about BW's (rank40) that they just need to use those two insta dots (ignition & demolition) and ive lost almost 2k of my hp (~8k , elemental resist 830(50% dmg resisted). Not to mention about rest of his insta abilities. Sorc has to stop and cast most of his damage spells but these BW's can throw everything on the run ...

And when it comes to my turn to hit em i hit ~100 with 1hh and ~200 with 2hh. That means they just dont have to do anything for me they can stay alive with healing potion and kill me easily or continue killing what they were killing and use detaunt on me and then i hit ~50.

If BW wants to get rid of me just root (20s reuse), disable, knockback.
Yep and i use juggernaut(60s reuse) to get free from root and then we run around a while and then im rooted again.

And i know that tanks arent meant to do some serious damage but hey ~100 per swing is bit ridicolous on clothie. And he can kill me in few seconds if he wants to. So im not having healt enough to stay alive like tank should.

Something is not right in here, but im not sure what it is ...

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
All these op bright wizards must be the reason order are dominating the games rvr. I've lost track of how many times we've been at the gates of the destro city :rolleyes:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
For some time now I've suspected that bright wizards are working exactly as intended - the intention being to get people playing Order.

Although some players will choose a class because they like the sound of it, there are many who simply read up on which one will make them uber for least effort and then roll that. Its the old fotm thing all over again. However, meantime Mythic get people playing as Order and helping to balance up realm populations. If you take a wider view then it can be argued the ginger nukers are performing admirably to help balance the game. By the time the nerfbat swings their way, they'll have done their job and have got many people playing Order and part of the community on that side.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I talked to one of the CS guys ingame and he confirmed that resists are not working properly (my 41% elemental resist was doing nothing so I opened a ticket) If there is going to be a nerf it will be the resist system working as it should....

With all the resists people are running around with you'll hear BW's crying for a buff ;)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Played my chosen rank40 (yep a tank) a while and noticed about BW's (rank40) that they just need to use those two insta dots (ignition & demolition) and ive lost almost 2k of my hp (~8k , elemental resist 830(50% dmg resisted). Not to mention about rest of his insta abilities. Sorc has to stop and cast most of his damage spells but these BW's can throw everything on the run ...

And when it comes to my turn to hit em i hit ~100 with 1hh and ~200 with 2hh. That means they just dont have to do anything for me they can stay alive with healing potion and kill me easily or continue killing what they were killing and use detaunt on me and then i hit ~50.

If BW wants to get rid of me just root (20s reuse), disable, knockback.
Yep and i use juggernaut(60s reuse) to get free from root and then we run around a while and then im rooted again.

And i know that tanks arent meant to do some serious damage but hey ~100 per swing is bit ridicolous on clothie. And he can kill me in few seconds if he wants to. So im not having healt enough to stay alive like tank should.

Something is not right in here, but im not sure what it is ...

thats total BS.
chosen hit me for ~400 dmg with 2h all the time (at lvl 40), If I'm solo and start at 0 combustion I have no chance at all to do any noticable dmg to him, f.e my withering heat does 370 dmg (and thats my hardest hitting spell)
since when I have disable? or even knockback?
knockback is only very high in the conflag line which most bws dont spec. (or a morale ability which most dont take too)

I'm OP when I'm on 100 combustion backed up by a dedicated healer, if I'm solo I can kill maybe a squid herder or a sorc in 1v1.

Willi

Loyal Freddie
Knockback
Backdraft - Abilities - Warhammer Online

Root
Fire Cage - Abilities - Warhammer Online

Heal debuff
Playing With Fire - Abilities - Warhammer Online

Disable
Choking Smoke - Abilities - Warhammer Online

Build combustion with this while runnin to enemy, pump 5 times and you got 100% combustion. Then maintain combustion pushing it once when combustion lowers to 80% if needed ... You shoul know that with your BW (Twinie - Bright Wizard r40 rr38 - Eight Peaks)
Scorched Earth - Abilities - Warhammer Online

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
thats total BS.
chosen hit me for ~400 dmg with 2h all the time (at lvl 40), If I'm solo and start at 0 combustion I have no chance at all to do any noticable dmg to him, f.e my withering heat does 370 dmg (and thats my hardest hitting spell)
since when I have disable? or even knockback?
knockback is only very high in the conflag line which most bws dont spec. (or a morale ability which most dont take too)

I'm OP when I'm on 100 combustion backed up by a dedicated healer, if I'm solo I can kill maybe a squid herder or a sorc in 1v1.

Even more total bullshit,you must be the worste BW playing then.
Bw have knockback in T3 so not that high in mastery line.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
choking smoke is silence, backdraft is very high in the conflag tree, I dont prebuild combustion when I run solo since I have no idea when I'm gonna be attacked, unless I see enemy from distance and even then I dont alway do that because it takes too much hp away.
so yeah get some clue both of you

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
choking smoke is silence, backdraft is very high in the conflag tree, I dont prebuild combustion when I run solo since I have no idea when I'm gonna be attacked, unless I see enemy from distance and even then I dont alway do that because it takes too much hp away.
so yeah get some clue both of you

Hey dude it's not my fault if you can't play the most OP class in the game i strongly suggest you get some clue how to play your Op BW.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
They need to fix the resists plain and simple, it's disgusting to get nuked for 1200-1500 while you have over 50% resists on all resists and check your log seeing only something silly like 68 damage got mitigated.
When they fix that crits going through resists it will drop the BW global damage output by around 35% i'd say, possibly more if they have a healer to keep combustion up 24/7, as they heavily rely on crits their whole concept is build around it.
This would not only be a sole BW nerf ofc it would affect every class dealing magic damage.
Heard people talk in the other thread about game breaking bugs and I think this is alot more game breaking than some rift or magnet spell.

Other than that I hope they nerf PWF, when played correctly it's a free kill every 30 secs (combustion up or not) and healers have too weak removal tools to deal with it atm.
But for the rest I think they are quite fine, read a post that alot of classes supposed to get buffs instead of nerfing other OP classes, wonder how that will work out.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Hey dude it's not my fault if you can't play the most OP class in the game i strongly suggest you get some clue how to play your Op BW.

ok mate

please give me that name of your sorc so I can laugh at you while you're stood still for 3 seconds trying to cast a doombolt in t4.
I really hope you're playing on KEP ;)
it is also funny how you ignore all I wrote and continued with your usual "BAWWWWWWWW BW's are OP nerf please" without giving any reason or even basing your opinion on something.
I dont care if I"m op or not, in fact I know for a fact that certain abilities like PwF and instant silence are, I just troll you all the time because its so easy.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

When will people like you realize that something that is overpowered can't be killed at all? Get a dictionary and read on about the word.

I think BW is a bullshit class, partly due all the instants, roots which don't break and give no immunity and the sick AoE damage, broken melee mechanics (lag, broken CD) and combined with a healer it's too strong, but it still can be killed.

As for aika being a shit BW, what does that have to do with his points he has made? Did you actually play against him or with him to make this statement? :m00:

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
When will people like you realize that something that is overpowered can't be killed at all? Get a dictionary and read on about the word.

I think BW is a bullshit class, partly due all the instants, roots which don't break and give no immunity and the sick AoE damage, broken melee mechanics (lag, broken CD) and combined with a healer it's too strong, but it still can be killed.

As for aika being a shit BW, what does that have to do with his points he has made? Did you actually play against him or with him to make this statement? :m00:

BW are overpowered i know, you all know nuff said.I'll just wait and laff at your whines when the nerf bat eventually hits you.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
BW are overpowered i know, you all know nuff said.I'll just wait and laff at your whines when the nerf bat eventually hits you.

Are you mentally challenged?

No where did I say that I wouldn't support a nerf, I just said that the class isn't OP and I indirectly said that you are a clueless shit knowing jackshit about how aika plays his BW.

I hope that it's clearer for you now.

DAoC Warlock pre-nerf was OP (as in "couldn't be overcome) as I don't remember any class which could kill it.

aika

Can't get enough of FH

but then you're gonna whine about something else :(

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus

Seriously dude, try playing on the order side in each tier and see how many destro classes you think are op. The fact that we have one class that MIGHT be op is all we have going for us atm.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
The single mechanic that needs to be fixed is stacking dots, BW damage is fine but not in the form at this moment, my main concern is dot's beeing the main form of damage, the damage is so flexible as it can be put up on the run. There is no good cure for it, my 5s cooldown (hex/curse) cure that picks a effect randomly just dosen't cut it, if a target has dots ticking for more then 1k per tick, and thats just the beginning, the bad coding of this game, having many effects on a target causes "lag/freeze" moments.

Either they fix cures for dots and/or remove the ability of them stacking, or they fix the severe performance loss as a result of a huge amount of effects beeing loaded into the ui overview, basicly we always now make a warband to get rid of the performance loss that dots and debuffs result in, altough you can't avoid it for the target your healing..

Zede

Part of the furniture

No where did I say that I wouldn't support a nerf, I just said that the class isn't OP and I indirectly said that you are a clueless shit knowing jackshit about how aika plays his BW.

DAoC Warlock pre-nerf was OP (as in "couldn't be overcome) as I don't remember any class which could kill it.

well m8, has to said but...

As a high rr cleric, warlock was the ONLY class i could solo ! ( rejuv/enh)Same for any heal class with 2 insta heals will do the trick, depending they are up ofc.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

If they nerf BW they will nerf Sorcs as well.

Both classes need a tweak and a bit of a fix (especially the aoe root thing which sometimes never breaks regardless of how many times you are hit and needs a working immunity timer), but not a nerf.

I wonder why DPS mages have any form of cc tbh, ok melee can spec morale and tactics to lessen the impact, but with chain-rooting it's a bit silly at times.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

necros could. with 2950 hp (pre warlock nerf, a necro probably was capped to about 2700 hp, i think only by lotm, they were able to reach like 2950HP, )silly absorbtion and 50 % magic resists, a warlock could easely run out of power and magic without killing the necro.

i`ve seen more than one warlock blow all he had, then started crying and went sitting down.

warlocks were OP, but they were not unkillable.

on topic, i think bw`s are a little bit better than sorcs. both are very powerfull classes when used right, but the BW has a slight edge imho.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
So destruction says that BWs are overpowered. Overpowered compared to what? Compared to sorcs? I mean do you think that sorc are underpowered?
Bw can dish out the best dps in game that is true but tell me does this thing makes it unplayable for you?
Do you know what is unplayable? To meet a group consisting of magus, sorcs, marauder etc. It is not difficult, it is simple Unplayable. Pull, knockdown, root (unbreakable ofc) , aoe and end of story in 5 secs.
The way i see you posting, most of you (destruction) seem to enjoy the game atm and that is good. Do you have the feeling that the same is happening to order atm? The answer is no. There is a lot of frustration and lots of players prefer to roll an alt and play the low level scenarios instead of rvr. Also lots of players are thinking actually not to renew due to the fact that rvr is broken for order side atm. It is descent only when you dont meet a magus kamikaze group and the huge dest zerg. So basically it has fun only 10% of the times.

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
Who cares really this game wont last more than 2 more month and it will be dead in the water. And on 13 of nov we will lose even more ppl to wotlk. Due to the insane problems War got with the balance of classes.

Mythic released the game 2 early, and the amount of ignorant ppl here that can't stay objective about stuff just amazes me. If you want a game to be all that it can you can't be subjective.

BW's are one of those classes that should be nerfed or even more people will leave. The gap between that specific class compared to the rest is so obvious.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Who cares really this game wont last more than 2 more month and it will be dead in the water. And on 13 of nov we will lose even more ppl to wotlk. Due to the insane problems War got with the balance of classes.

If you think WoW PvP is anything less than utterly broken you haven't logged into it since the last patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom