[RANT] BW are balanced!

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Isn't that more likely to do with destro on your server having crap WE's? :)

no its cause bw's have an instakill spell that kills WEs (it is also instacast and has no cooldown)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't that more likely to do with destro on your server having crap WE's? :)

No can't see what that has to do with it.Do explain.
yes of course there is always 3-4 WE's in every scenario,we are talking WE here not WH.Destro do not have a WE zerg unlike the WH zerg.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
no its cause bw's have an instakill spell that kills WEs (it is also instacast and has no cooldown)

your atempt to be humorus thru sarcasm sadly fails.
I would have thought instakill was the same as (instacast).:england:

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Ummm... a caster with low defense and high damage having the highest damage output in a BG, well i never would have expected to see that. Not like a destro class could ever match the damage of a BW...

http://www.gamerscripts.com/war/des_mt.jpg
http://www.gamerscripts.com/war/des_ta.jpg
http://www.gamerscripts.com/war/des_sp.jpg

Only because a class has very high population doesn't instantly mean that they're overpowered. A witch elf or any other caster anti-class can easily kill a BW the same as a witch hunter can kill a sorceror. If people want to stop giving casters the advantage they need to learn to spread out or at least stop attacking the tanks and attack the casters.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
yes of course there is always 3-4 WE's in every scenario,we are talking WE here not WH.Destro do not have a WE zerg unlike the WH zerg.

Not on your server maybe :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH

server doesn't really matter here as we are talking
about how OP the BW is and that affects all servers.

k mates

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
A witch elf or any other caster anti-class can easily kill a BW

Hmm... well I know I'm pretty crap, but I don't see this being that true... BWs seem to me to have an armoury of things against me at close range... insta fire cage thing, knockbacks... is that right, or am I mixing them up with something? Maybe it's because of Tor Anroc and the lava making the KB more effective...:(

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Only because a class has very high population doesn't instantly mean that they're overpowered.

What would you say ARE the signs of a class being overpowered then? To me, signs of a class being OP include:

1) They are more successful than other classes. People posting damage stats is only half the story. I'd be more convinced by the kills/deaths ratio, since that takes into account the actual impact on the game (or most of it, leaving out scen objectives).

2) People learn that they are a powerful class and you start seeing a disproportianate amount in the population.

3) You see a lot of moaning threads on forums, because there's a type of person who has a bad experience in 3 scens in a row, then moans on a forum. When all classes are balanced, you see an even spread of complaints about the classes (because the bad experiences were caused by something other than class imbalance).

Or maybe you look for the more usual way of spotting a class is OP? The way that starts by saying "it's not OP if I'm playing it."

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
The problem WE's have is that BW's run in packs, so if she manages to take out one of them the other 4 just nuke her down.Any one class that is so overpopulated as the BW has to indicate that it is indeed a rather powerfull class,how many other cloth/caster class's do you see leading the charge INFRONT of the tanks?

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
if they nerfed bw's they might start to group , would be hell , please keep em as OP as possible :)

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
The problem WE's have is that BW's run in packs, so if she manages to take out one of them the other 4 just nuke her down.Any one class that is so overpopulated as the BW has to indicate that it is indeed a rather powerfull class,how many other cloth/caster class's do you see leading the charge INFRONT of the tanks?

This reasoning is flawed. Running in packs is not a characteristic of BWs. Any class can run in packs and there are packs that WEs could run in that would make it an even fight against a similar sized pack of BWs.

All you've said is 5 on 1, BWs beat WEs. That's not a case for being OP.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
This reasoning is flawed. Running in packs is not a characteristic of BWs. Any class can run in packs and there are packs that WEs could run in that would make it an even fight against a similar sized pack of BWs.

All you've said is 5 on 1, BWs beat WEs. That's not a case for being OP.

read all the other posts, no point comming here trying to be clever after reading 1 post,it's easy to make a post look wrong when you use quotes out of context.As i said when 4-5 cloth wearing casters (BW's) can lead the charge INFRONT of their tanks it kinda indicates them being a bit overpowered don't you think?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
No it does't, and assuming that someone can only disagree with you by not having read the argument enough to understand your point is amazingly arrogant.

4-5 cloth casters CAN'T lead from the front if they are facing decent opposition. They could if they are facing 1 WE, which was your example.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
No it does't, and assuming that someone can only disagree with you by not having read the argument enough to understand your point is amazingly arrogant.

4-5 cloth casters CAN'T lead from the front if they are facing decent opposition. They could if they are facing 1 WE, which was your example.

you obviously haven't seen much rvr then,i see it constantly in scenarios and in open rvr,you really should try some more rvr before comming here trying to tell me what i have and have not seen.Lastnight the Order zerg was strong in T4,guess who where infront leading the zerg?yup you got it ..about 10 BW's closley followed by the hangers on.Go to scenario and guess what...5 BW's leading the charge and pinning back destro at their spawn.Now please don't come here with your bullshit after reading 1 post.You are the arrogant one thinking they can read 1 post then quote it totaly out of context to try to make a point.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Must be only when fighting you then Iorlas, and i guess that might be more of an indication of you then of the BW's?

As an order player myself i'm usually at the front, my guild healers are constantly whining that i'm out of healing range, but that's because i (as a tank) run behind your tanks (tictacs!) and beat on the sorc's/healers. If a BW would try that, he'd be instagibbed.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
:lol:

This thread is great stoke the flame and watch it burn :flame:

My subs ran out last night and I'm not renewing for a while. its just not DAoC and thats what i hopped for, awe well :D

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
i like how half the daoc population that went to WAR all rolled BW's... just shows how fotm-horny daoc players were.. if you don't think BWs are op'd you're an idiot.. there's a reason why randombw123 can do well with the spam of a few buttons

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
mine are due 1st nov. will wait a while before paying.Whining here does no good anyway order have their view destro theirs ..so if i aint happy with it don't play it i spose it's a simple as that.

Marc

FH is my second home
If you take away a BW's damage what is the point in them? No point in the class, unless you give them better armour.

There is only this much whine because all the daoc kiddies rolled destruction because they thought the tanks would be overpowered. Maybe if more of them had rolled a sorc there wouldnt be all this whine

aika

Can't get enough of FH
If you take away a BW's damage what is the point in them? No point in the class, unless you give them better armour.

There is only this much whine because all the daoc kiddies rolled destruction because they thought the tanks would be overpowered. Maybe if more of them had rolled a sorc there wouldnt be all this whine

no sorcs cant do dmg.

(hand of ruin, impending doom, shadow knives, pit of shades, word of pain etc)

also the fact that desto has covenant of celerity and gork says nerf me (gork says stop) are a good reason for bws to be op.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
All the so called "evidence" that BWs are overpowered seem too circumstantial to me. Posting screenshots means nothing because as we all know by now scenarios can swing in any direction quite heavily depending on the teams, classes, levels, luck factors etc. Quite often you find yourself being beaten on damage/healing by a lower level of the same class just because they found themselves in a better position than you.

And saying that a class is ovepowered because of the number of them being rolled is just stupidity. Have any of you BW bashers played order, the classes suck in both looks and feel. Dwarves are short and dumpy blokes with beards, elves are poncy looking and obviously rushed. Empire has 3 classes, WH look cool but they scale so slowly compared to their mirror class, I wonder how many people got a WH to level 15 and gave up because they're a chore and a liability at that level. WP hybrids that can be good but are difficult to play. So fire wielding ginger bloke that spouts death from range is the best option.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
All the so called "evidence" that BWs are overpowered seem too circumstantial to me.

Individual cases may be circumstancial. When those circumstances are 90% of circumstances there might just be something in it.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
All the so called "evidence" that BWs are overpowered seem too circumstantial to me. Posting screenshots means nothing because as we all know by now scenarios can swing in any direction quite heavily depending on the teams, classes, levels, luck factors etc. Quite often you find yourself being beaten on damage/healing by a lower level of the same class just because they found themselves in a better position than you.

And saying that a class is ovepowered because of the number of them being rolled is just stupidity. Have any of you BW bashers played order, the classes suck in both looks and feel. Dwarves are short and dumpy blokes with beards, elves are poncy looking and obviously rushed. Empire has 3 classes, WH look cool but they scale so slowly compared to their mirror class, I wonder how many people got a WH to level 15 and gave up because they're a chore and a liability at that level. WP hybrids that can be good but are difficult to play. So fire wielding ginger bloke that spouts death from range is the best option.

So because of all the above reasons make the BW stupidly OP to make up for it so that then all the skilless players can roll 1 and feel "l33t".

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
i play a shadow hunter and i got killspam.

from this statement alone i believe that bright wizards are too weak and need a damage increase, this apocalyptic event should never have happened.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
If you play a shadow hunter, then you should be reported for cheating or bug abusing or both! Such class does not exist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom