Burning Crusade

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Huntingtons said:
timing of spells, interupt system, different forms of crowd control, synergy of spells, speed of combat, how to keep the good eye at the situation compared to each other as a game etc. etc. etc. i could go on... thats how i see it of the combat i've seen

But...that's how it is in wow too...

You got to time spells, keep an eye on cast times etc, interrupts when you're in the recieving end...

I guess it's basicly down to "this and that small things" then?

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
how is it compared to daoc. as in function not in value of entertainment

i'd like to try wow 5v5 i guess, but i im not in the mood to lvl to 70, pve like tomorrow and find out its not suited for me :<
I find it just as good. However 5v5 have been none existent before due to bg's being better honour, but with the introduction of arena teams and how they work it will be great fun. The way they work is that your team has a ratio that's determined by their wins/losses and you meet teams with the same-ish ratio, so you'll always have a challenge unless you're playing the skrimishes(non scoring games). The bg's will still exist and they're.. decent with a team. Mostly it's grinding since you're up against randoms mostly. When you meet a good team it's a lot of fun though. :)

Szape

Fledgling Freddie
remove aeCC/interupts and group heals from daoc and you get some idea of what 5vs5 in wow is.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Szape said:
remove aeCC/interupts and group heals from daoc and you get some idea of what 5vs5 in wow is.

insta death then? -.-

tho eva, sounds cool actully. got any vids from arens like that? i've seen arenas but not on vid

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
But...that's how it is in wow too...

You got to time spells, keep an eye on cast times etc, interrupts when you're in the recieving end...

I guess it's basicly down to "this and that small things" then?
It's more of it in wow. It's not just the 'mindless' ae spammage. You have to be focused and use the proper interrupting tools at the right times, and you can't lock down a person alone, unless you're a rogue.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
insta death then? -.-

tho eva, sounds cool actully. got any vids from arens like that? i've seen arenas but not on vid
I don't. There's no decent out yet. To have rating fights you need to be 70. At the moment it's just playing for fun, and well.. People tend to not pvp if there's no rewards. :p

Also, the 5v5 that we know is changing due to different itemization. Stamina(hp stuffs! :p) is getting A LOT cheaper on armour, so you'll have more life in pvp and Blizzard are trying to work their ways for longer fights. The longest, and most memorable fight, we had in the event was 3½ minutes, and that was considered to be very long. :p

Edit: Oh, and if you end up playing wow. Do enjoy 1 - 70. Wow is a pve game with pvp slapped on top of it. We can only hope that they won't fuck up pve items and make people overpowered as hell after 2 years(that's the reason they increased the level cap, a fresh start.) again. I do have faith in Blizzard though. I hated pve in daoc, like most others, but I love it in wow, like a lot of others. :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Eva said:
I don't. There's no decent out yet. To have rating fights you need to be 70. At the moment it's just playing for fun, and well.. People tend to not pvp if there's no rewards. :p

Also, the 5v5 that we know is changing due to different itemization. Stamina(hp stuffs! :p) is getting A LOT cheaper on armour, so you'll have more life in pvp and Blizzard are trying to work their ways for longer fights. The longest, and most memorable fight, we had in the event was 3½ minutes, and that was considered to be very long. :p

lol, 3½ min, normal daoc fight ;D

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
gotta say that since i went back to wow i've enjoyed it.

the pvp is much better now snce they clustered servers to reduce waiting times. and i can pvp whenever i want, instead of waiting for a group. and even if u lose u get a reward for taking part

ofc it does help if u in a good guild, and im lucky in that respects.. but that dont mean new guilds cant get there too, just takes a bit longer.

the downside to TBC is... the chinese nappy wearing gold farmers. they'll be everywhere, with their hacks to spam msg's to you.

as for what server to start on.. well if u ex-hib/exc.. try bloodhoof/alliance
Fallen Order, Celtic Fist, Clan Bearhawk, Axiom Knights all over there

Szape

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
insta death then? -.-
kinda. 5vs5 arena was a joke with 3 warriors, warlock and priest (all undeads), dont think i healed once during a week of playing (no real ressing during fights btw ;s) apart from against groups with paladins ;p the arena concept is actually huge improvement and removing current instances and making open field better could lead to awesome concept. gameplay sucks in larger than 1vs1 fights though ;Z

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
No that is DAOC if you actually played enough WoW you would damn well know that 90% of the wow pop is casual based and they all run around in blue/greens maybe the odd epic item.

And in DAOC it was usually the first group to hit the group mez button = i win.

heh. got 3*60 played wich of one i played to rank 11..

ehhh 90 % were did u geat those numbers form? the game have been out for 2 YEARS theres alot wereing epic gear now days.. even 'casuals' i reccon u have never meet a t3 geard guild in WSG then...
SO yes I still belive that Gear > skill in WoW

Helme

Resident Freddy
WiZe^ said:
heh. got 3*60 played wich of one i played to rank 11..

ehhh 90 % were did u geat those numbers form? the game have been out for 2 YEARS theres alot wereing epic gear now days.. even 'casuals' i reccon u have never meet a t3 geard guild in WSG then...
SO yes I still belive that Gear > skill in WoW
So you meet an T3 geared team sometimes, just like you meet an setgroup in DAoC sometimes, Blizzard stated a few times that not even 10% of the playerbase have set foot in Naxxramas meaning chances to find worse-geared is far greater then you make it sound.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Everything I get is Soulbound on picked up :<

Farm Wool Cloth, on the server I'm on a stack of 20 Wool costs 2g or more... it sells within seconds.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Does anyone know where you can download the original WoW from?. I've got an account from when it was initially released, but i haven't got my cd's with me, and don't fancy paying for another copy :p

Marc

FH is my second home
Played a mage, druid and warlock to level 5. I like the mage tbh

But im fucked if I know what servers im on lol

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Coldbeard said:
Everything I get is Soulbound on picked up :<
dude getting money is ridiculously easy :/
just do a craft such as mining, herbalism, skinning etc while you level
i capped mining in a day and had about 10 gold at lvl 21
Gains will only go up as the higher areas have more than just Tin and the occasional silver, which you then smelt and sell in the auction house to crafters

Only thing that annoyed me to no end was the endless invites to guilds ><

other than that i found wow to be a far more of a complete game going in a good direction.

But unfortunatly i have become hooked on eve online >< (damn you gamah!), maybe ill start again at some point

Vladamir said:
Does anyone know where you can download the original WoW from?. I've got an account from when it was initially released, but i haven't got my cd's with me, and don't fancy paying for another copy :p
download the trial they send you a cd key
https://signup.wow-europe.com/menu.html?locale=en_GB

Keitan

Banned
its easy getting cash.. even at lvl 30 or so .. hey i have some wow guides that i got .. so if u want them just pm me with ure email adress

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:

Fileplanet is pretty decent, if you have problems PM me your address and I can send you some CDs for it (I've about 4 copies of the CDs hanging around)

MaCaBr3

Banned
Vladamir said:

I did that once, I download the 32423432 gig trial then a 4324324 gig update which eat up all my upload speed till I figured out it was actually some kind of torrent that you can extract from the update file or something.

Then I played 2 days and played daoc a bit more.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Alot of the patches you will need are on the FH Downloads page too...

I'm looking forward to the Burning Crusade expansion.... alot of new areas to explore and raids to be done. As a guild, we're no way near completing the original WoW content being largely casual players, but even so, I have about 6/8 items from the epic mage set (and that's with several other mages in the guild taking turns too).

PvP can be frustrating if you get pitched against a fixed team, but it's all good practise. In my experience, pretty much all classes are viable and have a role to play in one or more of the different scenarios.

/agree about the cost of mounts, by the way... I'm skint :p

Everz

FH is my second home
ilaya said:
gotta say that since i went back to wow i've enjoyed it.

the pvp is much better now snce they clustered servers to reduce waiting times. and i can pvp whenever i want, instead of waiting for a group. and even if u lose u get a reward for taking part

ofc it does help if u in a good guild, and im lucky in that respects.. but that dont mean new guilds cant get there too, just takes a bit longer.

the downside to TBC is... the chinese nappy wearing gold farmers. they'll be everywhere, with their hacks to spam msg's to you.

as for what server to start on.. well if u ex-hib/exc.. try bloodhoof/alliance
Fallen Order, Celtic Fist, Clan Bearhawk, Axiom Knights all over there

anyone called zorglub/zzharg there xD?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
mounts are only 9g now :p

i came back (having bought riding skill for the old price) and so only ended up paying about 30g for mount and riding skill :)

not got the time to play atm though due to exams, so those of you getting BC keep us updated >.<

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Farming wool in Deadmines now with warrior(lvl 40), seems pretty ok for cash.

Keitan

Banned
Coldbeard said:

dude u do know that deadmines is lvl 24 or so ? There is much better spots u can go to

edit : BC is out now btw :) on my server there is 13 shaman already on alliance

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Keitan said:

Quite a few of our guild were installed, activated and logged on at 9PM UK time last night :p

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Keitan said:
dude u do know that deadmines is lvl 24 or so ? There is much better spots u can go to

Of course I know it is a low level dungeon, but it is crowded with mobs and they drop a fair amount of wool. They are easily killed off too, can kill 5-6 a time with whirlwind.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Coldbeard said:

You're better off farming rock elementals in badlands, good lewt for money and xp at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom