Burning Crusade

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
no, but instead you have to get to lvl 70, farm instances to get the best items (compared to how easy it is to get some of the best templates in daoc itemwise). dont think wow is easier, but ihavnt played it so i shouldnt be commenting. want to play it, but i'd rather play a druid in a setgroup on avalon than starting wow :p

I totally agree with you, level 70... I feel its a bit lazy to increase level limit just to add more content etc. If they did it on DAOC, I could see riots... but then in DAOC I would imagine its a lot quicker to level (in terms of instances now.)

Each to there own now, what you have to think is... DAOC has had how many patchs and been going to years now (5?) and look where WoW is, 8 million subs and the Burning Crusade being its first Expansion (ok, I agree it could have been released sooner...)

Everyone has a favourite MMO that they eventually turn full circle and eventually re-sub to... I was the same with DAOC, but WoW seems to have a lot going for it now and moving in the right direction.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
The scene aint worth it, and to play the game "effectially" you need to spend so god damn much time on it.. The encounters aint worth the time either tbh :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I'm enjoying WoW a lot more than I thought I would...can't wait for TBC tomorrow...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Dreamor said:
Everyone has a favourite MMO that they eventually turn full circle and eventually re-sub to... I was the same with DAOC, but WoW seems to have a lot going for it now and moving in the right direction.

yep this discussion has made me download DR client (toa wouldnt work, 3 gigs, orly -.-)

Marc

FH is my second home
Ok purchased wow and installing now.........

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
everyone talking about WoW, anyone giving Vanguard a try (30.01.07) ?

btw, for those starting WoW, whatever you roll, don't roll a warr* ;)

(*unless you got a little army of minions to support your playing)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
WoW is great fun.

I'm on horde burning steppes atm.

Btw, those without TBC who aren't 50+, don't worry about it too much as it is ultimately an add on for the higher levels.

I intend to take my shaman & priest to 50+ then buy TBC and roll another class and get to 70.

But yes, the object of WoW is to enjoy the experiance. Unlike DAoC, pvp isn't the only amazing thing. Instead WoW puts together a selection of 'pretty good' features.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The difference between WoW/Daoc for me is this.

In DAOC if you do not have high end gear/not in a great pre-made group and not RR8+ you will get fucking owned without even stepping out into the RVR if you don't have purge up and you get mezed well /afk go make a cuppa /release when you get back and start the whole process all over again.

In WoW you do not have to be the best geared in the game to make a difference because not EVERYONE is L33T geared almost everyone in a BG/open world is geared on blue/green items except the hardcore players. This makes PVP worth while because you can kill that guy who is attacking you and you do have a chance to have fun when you go into a BG because 90% of the players in there are casual players not wearing l33t gear. Also the new PVP system is great for earning honour/medals and trading them in for gear.

Sold 2 CE editions on ebay today got over £100 for both :)

Got BC and i will be entering the outland tonight gonna be fucking awsome tbh.

I play a Druid i just love shape shifting into the various forms best class i have played in any game.

And no i won't be picking Vanguard it's another very unfinished game with a very short life span ahead of it played the open beta and it didn't do anything to amaze me.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
everyone talking about WoW, anyone giving Vanguard a try (30.01.07) ?

Got Vanguard on pre-order (also looking forward to TBC tomorrow and still playing DaoC, I really need to win the lottery and give up work - or maybe have a baby and give up work :p). Heard some good things about Vanguard, and some bad but as play.com doing it for 18 quid gonna give it a try with my other half at least for the first free month. Looking forward to having a whole new universe to explore in some kind of duo :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Javai said:
Got Vanguard on pre-order (also looking forward to TBC tomorrow and still playing DaoC, I really need to win the lottery and give up work - or maybe have a baby and give up work :p). Heard some good things about Vanguard, and some bad but as play.com doing it for 18 quid gonna give it a try with my other half at least for the first free month. Looking forward to having a whole new universe to explore in some kind of duo :)

Do what the woman who is in my guild does have a couple of kids and sit at home all day while the hubby is at work and the kids at school. Must be good eh?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Dreamor said:
I totally agree with you, level 70... I feel its a bit lazy to increase level limit just to add more content etc. If they did it on DAOC, I could see riots... but then in DAOC I would imagine its a lot quicker to level (in terms of instances now.)

Each to there own now, what you have to think is... DAOC has had how many patchs and been going to years now (5?) and look where WoW is, 8 million subs and the Burning Crusade being its first Expansion (ok, I agree it could have been released sooner...)

Easier,,,, 50 to 60 with the current speed in DaoC, no no. I´d rather do something really unpleasant to myself than go that way.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
anyone in the uk planning on going out tonight to buy TBC at midnight from a superstore or something?

if so, which store? my local asda and tescos wont be putting in on tha shelves :S coonts

Aada

Part of the furniture
~Latency~ said:
anyone in the uk planning on going out tonight to buy TBC at midnight from a superstore or something?

if so, which store? my local asda and tescos wont be putting in on tha shelves :S coonts

My local Tesco extra have a huge sign outside telling people it is on sale at midnight and guess what they have 15!! yes 15!!!!!! collectors editions and i am buying 3 to sell.

My local GAME/HMV only got 5 each!

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Im on Alliance Turalyon, the true home of ex daocers.

As for TBC being same old i got to 70 in the beta and i have to say they've done a great job making the new quests fun and varied. Theres still a large share of kill X but stuff like bombing runs on birds, being fired out cannons, jumping off trampolines etc its all gimmicky but immensely good fun. The new zones are varied and interesting and the game has shifted slightly back towards being friendly to smaller groups of players. Theres tons of new dungeons, smaller raid content and stuff to do.

I enjoy it anyway, fear my killer Paladin.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wonk said:
WoW pvp isn't amazing at all.

What's the difference really?

I mean...to ALL the people who talk so much about endgame and pvp suckng more in one game...

You find foe, you hit foe, you hope foe don't hit harder. the end.

Szape

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:

I mean...to ALL the people who talk so much about endgame and pvp suckng more in one game...

you take a quest, you end a quest. the end. you kill a mob, you get exp. the end. you log in, you log out. the end. all the mmorpg's are the same. the end.

nice logic ;p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Szape said:
you take a quest, you end a quest. the end. you kill a mob, you get exp. the end. you log in, you log out. the end. all the mmorpg's are the same. the end.

nice logic ;p

It is actually.

What i was asking, until a certain smartiespants came in, is that what's the big difference in the two pvp's? :D

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
~Latency~ said:

Ehh pinp u shav! what server are u rerolling on? :D
we could make a pwn guild ololoollooo ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
i got the disk from when it first came out, i wanna try, what server are peeps so i dont end up being a loner shagging boars like last time.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
It is actually.

What i was asking, until a certain smartiespants came in, is that what's the big difference in the two pvp's? :D

well mostly its Gear > skill in Wow

kirennia

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:

Szape said:

nice logic ;p

To build on Szapes point, you're born, you reproduce, you die. Absolutely everything can be simplified like that, it doesn't mean that's all there is to it...

Szape

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
It is actually.

whole different concept (instanced vs open field), combat system (timer dumbing vs style spamming, "cc" versus "the CC", "support" vs "the support", useless group spells vs awesome group spells ;p) and game engine (bunny jumping vs /stick + /face). wow pvp is what it says, player versus player, no room for players there ;p

oh, believe it or not, lotr online rocks :D i expected it to be yet another wasted license but this game has some real potential if they manage to build good pvp. story based instances (makes you feel the game is singleplayer game ;p), nice mix of daoc/wow movement system and rough/cute graphics makes the general feeling like no other up to date :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
WiZe^ said:
well mostly its Gear > skill in Wow

No that is DAOC if you actually played enough WoW you would damn well know that 90% of the wow pop is casual based and they all run around in blue/greens maybe the odd epic item.

And in DAOC it was usually the first group to hit the group mez button = i win.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Szape said:
whole different concept (instanced vs open field), combat system (timer dumbing vs style spamming, "cc" versus "the CC", "support" vs "the support", useless group spells vs awesome group spells ;p) and game engine (bunny jumping vs /stick + /face). wow pvp is what it says, player versus player, no room for players there ;p

oh, believe it or not, lotr online rocks :D i expected it to be yet another wasted license but this game has some real potential if they manage to build good pvp. story based instances (makes you feel the game is singleplayer game ;p), nice mix of daoc/wow movement system and rough/cute graphics makes the general feeling like no other up to date :D

I thought the whole /stick train in DAOC was lame.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
old.Tohtori said:
It is actually.

timing of spells, interupt system, different forms of crowd control, synergy of spells, speed of combat, how to keep the good eye at the situation compared to each other as a game etc. etc. etc. i could go on... thats how i see it of the combat i've seen

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Wonk said:
WoW pvp isn't amazing at all.
Depends on how you play it. I enjoy it a lot. I play for group pvp. Being a 5man team against another 5man team is the most fun I've had for a long time in wow. :) We organized 2 5v5 tournaments on Al'Akir and we had a lot of fun. 200 people FFA'ing in the stv arena for the chest > *. I still have a few fights from the events(they were held 10 months ago or so), but no host. :<

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Eva said:
Depends on how you play it. I enjoy it a lot. I play for group pvp. Being a 5man team against another 5man team is the most fun I've had for a long time in wow. :) We organized 2 5v5 tournaments on Al'Akir and we had a lot of fun. 200 people FFA'ing in the stv arena for the chest > *. I still have a few fights from the events(they were held 10 months ago or so), but no host. :<
how is it compared to daoc. as in function not in value of entertainment

i'd like to try wow 5v5 i guess, but i im not in the mood to lvl to 70, pve like tomorrow and find out its not suited for me :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom