Burning Crusade

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh noes, there goes me life for the next fortnight!

/discuss.

I know ill get teh hate being a daoc forum but im sure there are other exdaoc wowers around here ;p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Omgz get the Wowboi!!!1

In all honesty there's a part of me that wants to try this as i did enjoy WoW to some extent (granted i super-powergamed for like a month), given that US players actually make me want to cry sometimes in DAoC :p

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Looking forward to this. :)

Played the beta a bit, great fun. New lowbie content which is very needed in my eyes. A LOT of new instances after 60, that's more challenging(by the looks, at least) than most current 5 man instances. 5 man heroic instances and such. Plus we're a gang of friend leveling together from 60 - 70. :)

PS: you suck for not rolling al'akir Delketboi. :mad:

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
any new classes or just races?
Just races. Blizzard have stated they want to balance the current classes before introducing new ones. However horde gets paladins and alliance gets shamans.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Managed to get myself a Collectors Ed. - so will be re-subbing. Fancy playing a Blood Elf Paladin. :)

What servers people playing on btw? checked the FH WoW section, not much happening there...

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Dreamor said:
Managed to get myself a Collectors Ed. - so will be re-subbing. Fancy playing a Blood Elf Paladin. :)

What servers people playing on btw? checked the FH WoW section, not much happening there...
I'm on Dentarg Alliance. Only got a 31 warlock atm.

How about you?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I haven't even gotten near the magical 60 line, let alone need extra 10 levels :D

I HAVE on the other hand rode the boat that should take youo to the new island, which it doesn't ofcourse, but teleports you the f*ck off in the middle of the forest with other confused wannab boatriders :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Dreamor said:

yeah im making one too, im on Horde Outland atm, Bahumat 60 Hunter, Yianniss 60 Druid (moonkin lol).

The Blood Elves get some really nifty Racial's, cant remember the full details but its worth reading up on.

Just to confirm, no new classes however Paladin and Shaman can be accessed from both sides, Alliance get a new race as does Horde.

If you wanna re-activate and play a new server, or are starting afresh, come on Outland as its a busy server. Can boost you through RFC or something? Would be nice to get some FH players on there.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
The Blood Elves get some really nifty Racial's, cant remember the full details but its worth reading up on.
From the top of my head they get 5 to all resistances. Pbae silence spell, very very nifty. A spell that's quite useless when used by itself. You drain some mana from a monster/enemy(they have to have mana as well iirc, can't just use it to get a buff on yourself) and put a buff on yourself. When you use it together with the pbae silence the buff is lost and you regen mana depending on how many buffs you have. Didn't try it much but it seemed nice. Can't remember their fourth, but they have some nice racials and definitely worth choosing for a new character.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Got an immensly pimped out hunter and a decent paladin and warlock @ 60... but am I gunna reactivate and play TBC? Am I fuck, cba with that game anymore, or the people that play it

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Dudley52 said:
I'm on Dentarg Alliance. Only got a 31 warlock atm.

How about you?

Currently on Steemweedle Cartel, lots of people on most nights - seems like a good group of people around as well.

If anyone starts there on Horde, give me a shout - I can make you bags and hand a little cash over to get you started. - message Trig / Proof / Buck (which will be mostly likely changed soon...)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Granted the expansion fixes a few of the gripes I had with WoW like the amount of end game raid content compaired to 10-5 man stuff plus reworked PVP reward system. The new token hand in system for instance does not really appeal to me atall nor does the fact that you have a new level gind from 60-70 and the CTF PvP just does not appeal.

Just wish they had made it easier to get other toons leveled and geared up rather than being pretty much forced to re level and re equip charecters you already have.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Not going to buy it until I reach higher levels, only 39 on warrior at the moment and 26 on mage. Not really looked into what Burning Crusade has to offer.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Using quest guides you can get 1-60 in 4-5 days /played. XPing is very easy in WoW as it is and is actually fun (and i usually hate xping).

Everz

FH is my second home
is there a trial for WoW, tried it before and never got into it, thinking of giving it another shot.

Marc

FH is my second home
Coldbeard said:
Not going to buy it until I reach higher levels, only 39 on warrior at the moment and 26 on mage. Not really looked into what Burning Crusade has to offer.

Coldbeard, whats leveling like on WoW? Are there any groups about for lowbies to level with?

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
It's not very hard, granted you know where to go and get the right quests. Grinding is really, really boring and I always feel a total resentment towards making a new character when leveling one up. Doing the same quests and the same zones, just a total turnoff.

Groups and instances are ok, only real problem is that there are so friggin' many idiots that have no clue at all. Warriors not taunting or generating threat, priests with full mana and half of group dead etc. Even the most basic things seems way off limits for most of the population.

On the plus side, there are ALOT of people to group with, always. It is also easy to compose groups that work. They've added some new LFG-function that works quite well. Never had any problems finding groups at all kind of levels with my warrior and mage.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What it all comes down to is, enjoying the ride.

There's no rush getting to 60, there's no rush in beating millions of bunnies to get to the next level.

Just enjoy being that hunter in the wastelands or the silly dwarf in the snowy hills, talk bull, run around doing silly stuff, spend a day selling wrapped gifts for 5s and having fun.

Get a guild, talk crap with them, make fun fishing trips to small ponds with 50+ guildmembers.

When you enjoy the game and all it can be, read the quests and emerge into what youre doing for the "people" of the game, instead of grinding away, you might just notice it's fun.

Sadly, most people playing are just like this..."my class ain't balanced, i don't get 5000 when i get 450, my stats arn't uber, why is there so much bear killing...etc"

In a nuthsell, people have forgotten the RPG in MMORPG.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Marc said:
Coldbeard, whats leveling like on WoW? Are there any groups about for lowbies to level with?
They open new servers just about every other month due to the old ones getting full(might read in the news, they are up at 8 million players worldwide now!) this basically means that whenever you decide to start play, you can almost always find people your own level to group with, older realms mostly have plenty of alts(and twinks)

Leveling is fairly easy and straightforward, very fun aswell(atleast the first time) even me, an hardcore DAoC pvp'r enjoyed my first trip to 60(and 70 in beta).

The expansion solves alot of the original problems with the game and leveling to 70 to regear etc isn't much of a big issue as it puts everyone equal again.

--- edit; trial can be found here: http://teaser.wow-europe.com/

Vladamir

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
What it all comes down to is, enjoying the ride.

There's no rush getting to 60, there's no rush in beating millions of bunnies to get to the next level.

You freakin' newb its boars not bunnies :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Well i killed murlocks just 'CAUSE I FREKIN' HATE THOSE MOTHERF'CKERS!!!

Omg calm down seel its only a game man :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What would a fully toa´d Paladin rr9 equal in WoW ? Or isn´t there any effort at all in WoW, except the grinding ?

Marc

FH is my second home
Fook it. Gonna give it a go. Its only an Aryton Senna from play.com

Any tips on races/classes etc? Prefer a support char is poss

Marc

FH is my second home
If only I could persuade that pesky cousin of mine to grind with me........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom