Burning Crusade

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
YES lets go MORE PVE and grinding! god i hate that, in the first place why i quit daoc

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
fettoken said:
What would a fully toa´d Paladin rr9 equal in WoW ? Or isn´t there any effort at all in WoW, except the grinding ?

A paladin in WoW :) tbh almost all classes are fun, i have a warlock and i'm xping a mage and hunter and all 3 classes are fun.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Vladamir said:
Omg calm down seel its only a game man :(

No i won't! No i won't! NO I WON'T!

Those Brulbuububububuubuubuuuuu! motherf*ckers ruined my life and i see them in my closets, my sinks, my fridge and my printer inks! Those are the ugliset, nastiest, slimiest f*ckers i've ever seen and i went them all dead dead DEAD!!!

*breathes*

What i meant to say is....

Helme

Resident Freddy
Marc said:
Fook it. Gonna give it a go. Its only an Aryton Senna from play.com

Any tips on races/classes etc? Prefer a support char is poss
Just have a look http://wow-europe.com/en/info/classes/index.html

Any class that grabs your attention is a decent choice really, don't be afraid of having to group 100% of the time either with a support class, you can solo very well if specced for it(ie. shadow for priests, feral for druids and so on)

The only real difference race makes is how you look and a few racial abilities, some better suited then others but in the end really you end up playing what you enjoy rather then whats 'best'.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I don´t know. WoW doesn´t feel as noble as DaoC does to be honest. WoW is just, un immersive :p

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Just hit 20 on my mage today. Took me ages. Feels like the whole level grind in WoW is a lot worse than DAoC, thats for sure. I don't even remember 49-50 in DAoC taking as long as 19-20 in WoW.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm not even going to get serious with this sh*t.

'cause the fanbois of whatnot camp won't die and it'll just end up as a big ol bonfire flame fest.

What i do hate is the people who think you should play sh*t like this and do it like that and grind quickly to 60 and if a level takes too long the game sucks.

What i call "counterstrike "role"players" :D

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:
Just hit 20 on my mage today. Took me ages. Feels like the whole level grind in WoW is a lot worse than DAoC, thats for sure. I don't even remember 49-50 in DAoC taking as long as 19-20 in WoW.

The problem with DAOC is its just too easy to get to 50, maybe a few days in instances now... at least you feel you've earned it in WoW.

The other thing I like about WoW is not everyone looks the same, sure... you get the odd person with the same Shoulder pads but pretty much everything is different looking. The mounts are a lot more interesting as well, looking forward to getting my flying mount ;)

I got bored with DAOC, nothing new added... DR was pretty decent, not a massive fan of this Minataur one thats coming (if its not already out.)

WoW PVP seems a lot more balanced than most MMO games I've played.

Afran

Part of the furniture
End game will still suck unless you're in a top guild, even then it's only fun when there's recently been an instance released for you to get first kills in

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
there's guna be a new server of every type when tbc is released i think, so if you're starting fresh go there!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Afran said:
End game will still suck unless you're in a top guild, even then it's only fun when there's recently been an instance released for you to get first kills in
if everything before pvp is just "stuff that needs to be done",
then wow is definitely not for you, you cant just sit in one spot and kill a million werewolves, or redcaps just to get to 50 so you can pvp.

however if you are like the other 8 mil subscribers who play the game for what it is and enjoy it then give it a shot for the free month, and free 3 months if you buy the game.
You can judge for yourself whether you enjoy it or not

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Haha those Murloc bastards!

iirc the xp has been increased so its easier to level

Afran

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
if everything before pvp is just "stuff that needs to be done",
then wow is definitely not for you, you cant just sit in one spot and kill a million werewolves, or redcaps just to get to 50 so you can pvp.

however if you are like the other 8 mil subscribers who play the game for what it is and enjoy it then give it a shot for the free month, and free 3 months if you buy the game.
You can judge for yourself whether you enjoy it or not

The pvp in WoW isn't very good.

I played it for over a year btw :)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:
The pvp in WoW isn't very good.

I played it for over a year btw :)

I was going to comment on PVP, then deleted it, its not 'as good' as DAOC in terms of time spent but the rewards are a lot better thought out now. Armour and weapons etc.

The thing with WoW is, its only as good as the people you play with - can be said for any game. I'm currently with my old guild and in PVP its great fun, we don't 'rock' or 'kick ass' - we just have a laugh - which can be done better in WoW than in most of the other games I've played (at PVP level)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Dreamor said:
I was going to comment on PVP, then deleted it, its not 'as good' as DAOC in terms of time spent but the rewards are a lot better thought out now. Armour and weapons etc.

The thing with WoW is, its only as good as the people you play with - can be said for any game. I'm currently with my old guild and in PVP its great fun, we don't 'rock' or 'kick ass' - we just have a laugh - which can be done better in WoW that in most of the other games I've played (at PVP level)

for ex daocers and current daocers. the pvp rewards are not the most important, its the challenge and the balance/imbalance. if there's 1 class that makes or break the team then its no fun (lucikly both realms has same classes). if the pvp isnt as good as daoc i'd rather play on a german server with a fg all the time than starting over on some server in wow :eek:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Not exactly thrilled about WoW pvp, doesn't seem very balanced at all from my experience, but will have to wait to level 60(70) to see if it is more appealing.

The reason I want to not spend so much time on lower levels is because most classes flourish at higher levels, and I think there is alot more game content to enjoy at higher levels rather than low levels. Classes have more abilities to play around with, you get unique drops, mounts and alot of other stuff that are more enjoyable, anyhow that is just my point of view. Having played DAoC for many years, I feel familiar with the mmorpg playstyle and I find it hard to enjoy many of the aspects of the game that perhaps people just introduced to mmorpgs do. Don't know why, it's just how it is.

I can also add that I'm not really that much into the whole WoW atmosphere and universe, therefore I don't value the rpg aspects as much as I probably would. However, the game is buzzing with life and there are so much to explore, to do and to get, which for me makes the game enjoyable.

Gamah

Banned
Coldbeard said:
Not exactly thrilled about WoW pvp, doesn't seem very balanced at all from my experience, but will have to wait to level 60(70) to see if it is more appealing.

The reason I want to not spend so much time on lower levels is because most classes flourish at higher levels, and I think there is alot more game content to enjoy at higher levels rather than low levels. Classes have more abilities to play around with, you get unique drops, mounts and alot of other stuff that are more enjoyable, anyhow that is just my point of view. Having played DAoC for many years, I feel familiar with the mmorpg playstyle and I find it hard to enjoy many of the aspects of the game that perhaps people just introduced to mmorpgs do. Don't know why, it's just how it is.

I can also add that I'm not really that much into the whole WoW atmosphere and universe, therefore I don't value the rpg aspects as much as I probably would. However, the game is buzzing with life and there are so much to explore, to do and to get, which for me makes the game enjoyable.

Dirty roleplayer.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
for ex daocers and current daocers. the pvp rewards are not the most important, its the challenge and the balance/imbalance. if there's 1 class that makes or break the team then its no fun (lucikly both realms has same classes). if the pvp isnt as good as daoc i'd rather play on a german server with a fg all the time than starting over on some server in wow :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I PVP'd in DAOC for years. Loved the game, but one thing that became a big pain for me was the BuffBots and 'set groups' - you just don't seem to get that in WoW, BuffBots anyway. Why should I have to pay for 2 accounts just to compete? Also, people are saying levelling is difficult... but what about levelling a character + TOA Quests (both MLs and Arti's) and then levelling your armour? surely the time is the same, if not less in WoW.... just level toon, do instances along the way.

I find the balance on WoW is far better than in DAOC... I mean not to revive an old argument, but Warlocks? BDs? Animists? Stealthers? ... :touch:

Everyone has a game they 'stick-up' for, I just learned to give up on DAOC as its been patched to hell.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
There are going to be a fair few 5 man instances so you wont need 50 Megameights to get 1 piece of armour.

The people who give up living to play the game will get the best items, but the pvp gear is quite good and 5 man instances are not exactly impossible for casual gamers. all yiou need is 4 friends lol

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
PVP in WoW is great fun if like like spending the majority of your time farming herbs in for counter pots....... way to much mindless farming involved in that game.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
yeah im making one too, im on Horde Outland atm, Bahumat 60 Hunter, Yianniss 60 Druid (moonkin lol).

oww, I'm on Alliance Outland :p

was kinda lol, had a party with somefriends I play wow with this weekend. When we took the cab in to town we were talking some WoW in it, and cab driver asks us where we play, ends up he is playing Outland Horde... we tried to skip paying for the ride but he didn't want us to do that :(

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:
With the changes to high end raid instances and the introduction of heroic 5 mans this is all gone now. All you need is competent friends. :)

Oh, and a guy from Al'Akir sold his 5 CE editions. He got £598. WHAT THE FUCK?!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Heta said:
oww, I'm on Alliance Outland :p

was kinda lol, had a party with somefriends I play wow with this weekend. When we took the cab in to town we were talking some WoW in it, and cab driver asks us where we play, ends up he is playing Outland Horde... we tried to skip paying for the ride but he didn't want us to do that :(

lmao. small world :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
fettoken said:
What would a fully toa´d Paladin rr9 equal in WoW ? Or isn´t there any effort at all in WoW, except the grinding ?

a fully toa'd rr9 DAoC paladin would be a gimp like nothing else in WoW.

most anything there can crit for 2.5k or do burst damage for 3k over a few seconds so u'd be dead in a instant.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Dreamor said:
Don't get me wrong, I PVP'd in DAOC for years. Loved the game, but one thing that became a big pain for me was the BuffBots and 'set groups' - you just don't seem to get that in WoW, BuffBots anyway. Why should I have to pay for 2 accounts just to compete? Also, people are saying levelling is difficult... but what about levelling a character + TOA Quests (both MLs and Arti's) and then levelling your armour? surely the time is the same, if not less in WoW.... just level toon, do instances along the way.

I find the balance on WoW is far better than in DAOC... I mean not to revive an old argument, but Warlocks? BDs? Animists? Stealthers? ... :touch:

Everyone has a game they 'stick-up' for, I just learned to give up on DAOC as its been patched to hell.
no, but instead you have to get to lvl 70, farm instances to get the best items (compared to how easy it is to get some of the best templates in daoc itemwise). dont think wow is easier, but ihavnt played it so i shouldnt be commenting. want to play it, but i'd rather play a druid in a setgroup on avalon than starting wow :p

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
This is the reason i quited wow. It's gonna be just like TOA :\ evrything you have worked hard for wont be worth a shit.
Rank13 warrior for nothing :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Think of the flipside on that.

"Here's our new and grand add-on to our glorious game World of Never Winter Camelot!"

*holds up box*

"It has everything! Gear that is far inferior to those found in the game allready! Classes that don't stand a chance against the others! SOme fun sh*t to play around with! Oh and we removed 10 levels from the maximum level amount just so you can reach the endgame more easily!"

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom