Bonedancer RR abilities

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
I thought if I would RA respec at RR 4 and take new RR abilities.

So I just checked Classes of Camelot RA calc and decided to take those following ones:

Passive
Augmented Dexterity: 2
Augmented Acuity: 3
Mastery of Magery: 1
Wild Power: 3 :worthy:

Active
Which one?

Purge 1 or Thornweed Field 1?

PS: Use the thread if you have some other things about Bonedancers aswell. :rolleyes:

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure when bd'ers start to get some pd (or if they really do these days?), but I would probarly leave out dex2 and go mom2 instead, and focus on getting about 3-4 in wp/mom/acuity before considering getting any actives.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
id get PD and TWF tbh it will save you alot more than the little extra dammage!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Ahtlehson said:
PS: Use the thread if you have some other things about Bonedancers aswell. :rolleyes:

I'd like to take this opportunity to say you are playing a perfectly fine class... :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
So, Skar, who did you pay to play pac so you can take your BD out of retirement, then? :D

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
The recipe is one for solo/small grping

PD
Purge
TWF

and banelord ftw !!!

Copyrighted answer by Giwsakhs

(i would also incluse AoM)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
So, Skar, who did you pay to play pac so you can take your BD out of retirement, then? :D
We cohersed nate and it went well using my new grp setup idea :) Skar was seriously slacking tho as in the time he was on BD i still got more db's than his loltapper ;)

Himse

FH is my second home
BD is an interupt class when grouped, so you need only pd, purge, twf..

dex isnt really needed =] and you do damage only really to interupt..

but if your solo your going to want to have more dmg so wp/mom is maybe a good idea =]

auroria

Banned
Himse said:
BD is an interupt class when grouped, so you need only pd, purge, twf..

dex isnt really needed =] and you do damage only really to interupt..

but if your solo your going to want to have more dmg so wp/mom is maybe a good idea =]
bds can do quite alot of dmg alone aswell, and its fairly nice when you need to assist out a banelord tank or something

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Well actually look up the tests on US.

BD is the class that is capable of doing the most damage on mid.

Sustained DPS that is, wich kinda excludes WL.

Same base dd as darkcarver rm + insta lt.

Not to mention all the uber RA and Ml's they get compared to rm ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
The question is not whether they can do a lot of damage, the question is whether they should. :) In a full group, usually your typical BD will be more busy on interrupt duty than DPS.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

Nate opted to play his - For some perverse reason, he wanted to play (I think also because I suck at it). Paccy has to be the most stressful character I have every played, playing a BD is an absolute walk in the park, though I do miss phase shift.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Please when you post something like PD or TWF dont use those shortie names..
:p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
imo, just get twf 3 and then get Aug Dex first, then get the more of a chance of a Crit RA then you will rock for RvR grps :)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
If you solo, then Physical defence and damage. Aug dex is not something I would spend points on.

Saje

Loyal Freddie
Ahtlehson said:
PD= Physical Defense(Increases ur melee resists) And TWF= Thornweet Field as u mentioned urself :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gwadien said:
imo, just get twf 3 and then get Aug Dex first, then get the more of a chance of a Crit RA then you will rock for RvR grps :)
No? Read the thread, see what the BDs say. TWF1 is enough for interrupts and pet peeling, AugDex is not very useful for an insta-interrupter, and why do you need to focus on damage when your main task is just to stop the enemy from casting?

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
If you solo with your bd would i try to get:

Physical defence 4
Purge 3 (it's really handsome, since you can purge everytime and the timer is only 5 mins)

and then start to get some passive ones or try to aim for twf3

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
if you're going to grp i would suggest some lvls of BAoD (the casterdmg reducer thingie).

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
Aye go for at least pd3 and twf2 asap then work on purge 2 , then boost dex/Wildpower etc

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Ahtlehson said:

Thornweed Field = TWF 3 ~ Description AE-targetted snare, 500u radius
Physical Defense = PD :) ~ Description Reduces All Melee and Archery Dmg

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, the big question = Solo or Group.

Solo = ML Convoker (Though Brittles no longer count for alot), PD 3 +, Purge 2, Damage , set CBracer to Stun turn.

Group = ML Banelord, BAOD 3, Purge 1, TWF 1, PD 3+, set CBracer to Mez Turn, MCL, RP, .

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
SkarIronfist said:
Ok, the big question = Solo or Group.

Solo = ML Convoker (Though Brittles no longer count for alot), PD 3 +, Purge 2, Damage , set CBracer to Stun turn.

Group = ML Banelord, BAOD 3, Purge 1, TWF 1, PD 3+, set CBracer to Mez Turn, MCL, RP, .

No? go banelord when you're solo aswell! :) and i would rather have purge3 and pd3 imo :> a bd with purge3 is nasty :)

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Im heading more for solo.

But now that I thinked a bit, BD doesnt need Dex at all except for the Blast.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Plik said:
No? go banelord when you're solo aswell! :) and i would rather have purge3 and pd3 imo :> a bd with purge3 is nasty :)

Purge 3 is a waste. By the time you die and buff up your pets, then the timer is up again. You have skel form and Stun turn.

I would have to concede to Banelord over Convoker nowadays as a solo.

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
imo for a bd go 100% BL, RA:

pd3
purge2
twf1
pd4
mcl2 OR RP2
mom4

But seriously dont go around inventing the wheel urself and listen to one of the more experienced realm BDs xD

Ethropic

Fledgling Freddie
My experience playing BD's

Well I play a BD called Grattis in Laxne Saint's. Actually I play 2. Boneharvest is my second BD. Grattis is my grp BD with 39 dark, 37 sup, and Boneharvest is FLOTM 48 supp BD for solo play.

When it comes to ML line there is NOTHING to have second thoughts about imho. Banelord is the way to go. Dosent matter if you solo, Banelord will keep you alive longer then Convoker.

High PD is a must. You WILL be chased around by the tanks since they know you are a banelorder. TWF is a must. TWF is for interrupting and dividing the enemy forces mainly. Sometimes its nice do drop it so healers can get rid of annoying pets and assist trains though. For me TWF2 is the recipie for sucess, but it all depends on your playstyle. Also dont underestimate Toughness on a BD. BD's can take alot of dmg over time with LT+pets, but we are weak to classes that do massive dmg over a short period time like Assasins. Cap your Con rather then your Dex if you have to choose.

MoM will increase the dmg done by your LT, and with that comes more hitpoints back to you. In grp play this is not a very importent RA imho. But as a solo BD it's a must. And with MoM comes WP.

BAoD is a very good RA for grp play. Get atleast BAoD 2 for some noticebile effect.

I would never spend points in MCL or RP. You are a interuppter, so ofc you have the lowest lev dark nuke on your Qbar. That way you save alot of power. Dont have to do dmg to interrupt.

Imho, the key to playing BD is remembering that you kill others by staying alive longer then they do, not by out-dmg them. Whit that said, if you are going to solo, purge of some degree is a must. I would recommend 2 or 3. Some say Purge3 is a waste, but once you have had it you cant live without it. Personally cant stand Purge2. It feels like its always down.

There are also other ways to specc a BD then 48 supp btw. My grp BD is 37 supp for yellow LT and 30% Body debuff, and 39 dark. My pets heal for 116/heal. Lev 47 pets heal for 136/heal if I remember correct. Thats 20HP difference per healer. Go figure! :)
Ofc you do slightly less dmg with your LT even though you debuff 15% more then a 48 supp BD. But you can make that up with MoM and WP. This specc costs 10 realm skill points though, since you need MoF 3 to compensate for the low level on your LT. I also have AugDex 3! :eek7: . I'll explain. This lets me effectivly play a DB with alot higher dmg-output since i have 39+17 dark and 380 dex. I still play main interrupter just as good as with 48 supp, but when my grp isent getting nuked i can easily do nuke+nuke+debuff+LT to kill the majority of casters in RvR. Well, im bragging a bit, thats with nice crits tbh :cool: . Usually you have to spend another nuke to get them down! Also very good to be able to nuke hard when grp has enemy banelorders inc. Throw in a Cold debuffing RM and you wont belive your eyes!

Well in conclusion, theese are just tips and tricks I've picked up while playing Boneharvest to 6L2 and Grattis to 6L8 ( I think). This method has worked for me, but i claim in no way it's the best path for all. Grattis dark specc works really good, but thats probably because it fits my playing style very well, and my grp knows how I play him. I interrupt just as good as with 48 supp specc, but I sometimes realize im favoring killing my target instead of interrupting the next. Disciplin is lacking I suppose! :drink:

Cheers all and cya out there!

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
You really seem to know how to play BD. 8D

Im such a noob now when I read that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom