Bonedancers not welcome?

Ithilkir

Fledgling Freddie
been looking through the threads for raids, hunts etc, etc. And BD's never seem to be listed for the groups. I've got one BD (in fact my only level 50 character) that is primarily Bone Army spec so I know I can't dish out as much damage as normal tanks or mages and i have no buffs/heals to help the group. Is this the basic reason that BD's just aren't group friendly characters and everyone wants the hunt done as quickly and effieciently as possible?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
There is nothing wrong with a BD its an excellent class. Most of the raids posted here are PvE. When it comes to PvE there are tried and tested ways of doing things and people want to do things the most efficient way. The BD is a caster without PBAOE which is what alot of people want (from casters) in PvE raids. Having said that Bluesky asks for BD (among others) for his Dragon raids. And nobody would turn you down from a ML or arti FFA raid. Also if you get ML9 convoker ability you can solo (with a bb) some pretty tough mobs. BD are also excellent in group RvR and pretty good solo too.

Cedon

Fledgling Freddie
Have the same problem, or had, now I have both Shamy and Warrior and they are almost always welcome. So my advice is, level an allt to have on raids or organize the raid you self, that way you can do the setup that fits you.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
BDs not welcome ?

Ithilkir said:
BD's never seem to be listed for the groups.

Well, BDs are a decent class. Some raids they are very good at appointed places in others they are a standard class. Thats why they usually arent placed on named spots. (as for example a Suppression specced Spiritmaster who have Pbaoe)

As others have mentioned above, its mostly SuppSms that are sought after activly by raidleaders (well at some specific raids also different versions of runemasters). But there are usually atleast 2 spots per group saved for "a random damage class", which would be your BD.

Under random damage classes falls:
dark/summ specced SM, BD, (most often) RM, Skald, Hunter, Shadowblade, (most often) Savage, (most often) Zerker.

Its basically only SuppSms and Shield tank classes that are highly sought after on the PvE raids since they make the group dynamics alot more effective. (well with the big exception of the 2-3 Seers that are a must in each group ofc!:) The rest of the classes, are about equal on the damage/defence side and therefore most often isnt specified.

/Charmangle

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is that for pretty much every PvE encounter the "perfect" group won't include a bonedancer. While they certainly arn't a gimped class for most raids they don't have any one ability that means there isn't a class that can do it better.

When posting groups people normally request the optimal classes, as if they can get them that makes the raid as fast/smooth as possible. If people can't find the perfect classes for the group, a bone army BD probably wouldn't be turned down however for a fair variety of raids.

gohan

FH is my second home
tbh warriors are becoming slightly redundent in a lot of raids aswell as valks an thanes both have 42+ whateva shiled + cots + OP procs an valks have heals too

my valk ragnaroks the ml10 mobs for 17 +150-200 proc proc does 10time the ammount of damage as normal melee hit an a warrior has no chance to keep up with that kind of damage

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
tbh warriors are becoming slightly redundent in a lot of raids aswell as valks an thanes both have 42+ whateva shiled + cots + OP procs an valks have heals too

my valk ragnaroks the ml10 mobs for 17 +150-200 proc proc does 10time the ammount of damage as normal melee hit an a warrior has no chance to keep up with that kind of damage

When u hit that is:p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
BD get turned down for groups because:

1. Pet pathing, its attrocious, and the last thing a group needs is a pet wondering off on its own dragging in as much agro as it can find that wasnt intended by the group.
2. Nothing much to give in the way of group utility.
3. Against high level mobs, all pets do poo damage, with the exception of ML9 or Summ SM pets, apart fro that they perma miss or tickle their apponent.

Reasons for a BD on some raids:

1. Supp spec line gives a nice abs buff.
2. See 1.

Its a shame theĵ dont get more util like chanters and necros, but thats life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom