Bainshee insta interupt

Gamah

Banned
Mastade said:
Cant cast through it?

iirc.. and if nothing has changed since i played my bainshee, there is no difference between the high taunt and the low one other than the pwr cost.

Well when I was testing I saw a huge difference.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Amaru-Synergy said:
we find it hard to kill banshees... the fact we only have 1 DDealer caster - ie the cabbie - is hardwork... as if he goes down... its not the sorc whos spamming mezz, or the theurg whos spamming pets.. thats going to kill the banshee... and wont be the mercs as he will be BG'ed...

so you tell us why, we find it hard... you play hibernia ! and dont say because we suck... because i look around, and we are one of the best in albion... its not hard to be, because every albion GG runs and hides in hib and mid when the shit hits the fan !

all this red nearsight - We have blue nearsight
bard/druid/druid/warden = 4 healers - we have 3 healers
Your 2 druids spamming AE root ! - we have one sorc whos mezzing and ae rooting
baseline stun - cleric stun... but they are too busy healing
baod3 with red resists ! - we should have the same
this 300hp barrier absorp with DI2! - :(

yes I find it very hard to kill a banshee ! hence my point....

you know that alb can run the most powerfull setup of all realms?

2xcleric, 1x minst, 2-3 theurg, 1 sorc, 1 caby

nothing come close that grp if they knew how to play it right.

why run 1 bard, 2 druids, 1 warden?, the warden is useless, put a 2nd bard in there, that mean you can run speed 6, not problem getting end up, the bard with speed can go over to tri resist chant to cover the wardens resist and most important 2 demezzers.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:

why run 1 bard, 2 druids, 1 warden?, the warden is useless, put a 2nd bard in there, that mean you can run speed 6, not problem getting end up, the bard with speed can go over to tri resist chant to cover the wardens resist and most important 2 demezzers.

Thats ur pov, a well played warden isnt useless twf to get rid of pets and kite tanks bg grapple nice heals power leak are all nice indeed. a 2 bard setup can also work nice its not like its that big a diff i fu want a caster setup with 2 demezzers run eldy menta chanter with heat nukes:)

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
@ eregion: its not that theurgist pets have a lot of hitpoints and ye u might get 1 or 2 that are still on the way extra with it but well any standard ae will have the range advantage ...

Yet bainshees do have a better tool for killing theurgist pets, its called Reverberating Aura, a 268 delve 350 radius 3 sec pb:ae pulse that allows you to keep casting, so basically u will be able to kill any theurgist pets pulled into it while ur able to dd (and no ur dd will not suffer from it)
The reason u haven't seen this that much is that there are a lot of cluesless bridgeleechers out never even thinking about splitspeccing

Kanim

Banned
the other spec might be better, but the whine c0wn spec generates is so nice to read:)

Gamah

Banned
Celestino said:
The reason u haven't seen this that much is that there are a lot of cluesless bridgeleechers out never even thinking about splitspeccing

Yeah every spectral guard specced Bainshee is obviously a clueless bridge leacher in your "expert" opinion :touch: And who exactly is your bainshee if I may ask?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Lejemorder said:

Well a bainshees cone will insta kill all pets a therg will use and if they decide to nuke instead, baod and a tank assist train will take them down very quick as they have no bodyguard.

3xhealer, shaman, SM, 3xzerk would destroy that group.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Maril said:
So much from whine that albs cannot handle 2 bainshees ever, but honestly it's no biggie. People like AD and PE can cope with it. Synergy on the other hand is a below average group /guild so of course it's a big problem for you.

This is refering to the aramu-synergy guy or whatever :)

Aww Maril, your such a sweety. Thankyou for the praise, and i think i speak for all of synergy when i say

:fluffle:

OH yes, ofc AD/PE run extreme high RR fixed set grps so ofc they will do well against 2 bainshee pugs, in fact nearly ANY grp.

Yea were are below avg in skillz/talent (but not humour), but we get out there every night and have a laugh - sometimes we even win.

Hope we never win against you or u will be known as "even worse than Synergy". Could you possibly live with your rputation so tarnished? 5 groats and 4 sheep says u will make some lame excuse up about your impending loss :)

Btw the synergy pug won some fights tonight <shock horror>

/bow

Ging

Part of the furniture
Celestino said:
iam so sorry, ofc iam not an "expert" like mrs best bainshee on the server

Who Mastade?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:

Don't talk bollox.

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:

Are you serious?? :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jjuraa said:
before albs whine, im not saying you should run heretics in your groups. youve got cabalists. and one of those is far better. but dont whine that youve been given a gimped class when all youre doing is playing it wrong.

It's not a gimped class ;) but I'm sure if they were really that good we'd see the gank groups running them constantly (like they do with bainshees)

They're a good enough class, but which would you rather have in your group? heretic, warlock or bainshee?

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
It's not a gimped class ;) but I'm sure if they were really that good we'd see the gank groups running them constantly (like they do with bainshees)

They're a good enough class, but which would you rather have in your group? heretic, warlock or bainshee?

since this isnt camlann forum (sigh flim you forum nooblet :p) the question would be, which class would you rather run with:

Heretic
Cabalist
Extra Merc
Theurgist
Friar

i wouldnt know for sure how powerful the heretic ACTUALLY is since we havent run with one in a set grp so... im just looking at Stats/abilities vs Stats/abilities

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ashala said:
since this isnt camlann forum (sigh flim you forum nooblet :p) the question would be, which class would you rather run with:

Heretic
Cabalist
Extra Merc
Theurgist
Friar

i wouldnt know for sure how powerful the heretic ACTUALLY is since we havent run with one in a set grp so... im just looking at Stats/abilities vs Stats/abilities

true :) that's a more realistic question with possibly useful answers...

I was looking more for a "WAAAH MID AND HIB ARE TEH OVWERPOWERED!" whine but in a calm and relaxed way? did it come across ok?

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
true :) that's a more realistic question with possibly useful answers...

I was looking more for a "WAAAH MID AND HIB ARE TEH OVWERPOWERED!" whine but in a calm and relaxed way? did it come across ok?

yup :p

have a rep, dunno why but just seems to be fotm these days!

Marc

FH is my second home
Maril said:
So much from whine that albs cannot handle 2 bainshees ever, but honestly it's no biggie. People like AD and PE can cope with it. Synergy on the other hand is a below average group /guild so of course it's a big problem for you.

This is refering to the aramu-synergy guy or whatever :)

choose being a nerd.choose a job. choose a career. choose a family. choose a fucking big television, choose Maril, Mastade, Vinters and dont-fucking-add-fuck-off-and-die. choose moaning, chips on shoulders and delusions of grandeur, choose dissapointment. choose irc over a phone as a means of communication, choose a final fantsasy character as your ideal woman, choose never leaving the house and wondering why the fuck no one likes you. choose sitting at the pc , stuffing junk food into your mouth. choose rotting away, nothing more than an embarassement to your parents. choose your future. choose being a nerd.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I chose not to choose being a nerd. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got smite?

Ging

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
choose being a nerd.choose a job. choose a career. choose a family. choose a fucking big television, choose Maril, Mastade, Vinters and dont-fucking-add-fuck-off-and-die. choose moaning, chips on shoulders and delusions of grandeur, choose dissapointment. choose irc over a phone as a means of communication, choose a final fantsasy character as your ideal woman, choose never leaving the house and wondering why the fuck no one likes you. choose sitting at the pc , stuffing junk food into your mouth. choose rotting away, nothing more than an embarassement to your parents. choose your future. choose being a nerd.

sums me up a treat marc :)

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
You're projecting a bit there, I don't lock threads when people disagree with me. If people flame each other to hell and back I lock a thread, but feel free to do some searches and prove me wrong :) oh wait if you can't find any I must have deleted them. /hands out tinfoil hats.

Anyway, why would I lock your post for saying ML9 is stupidly overpowered - it is. Not sure why ML9 being stupid logically implies bainshee taunt should be uninterruptable though... strange logic there.

A ml9 druid pet hit me for 400 the other day, ml9 SM pets, chanter pets and cabalist pets are also pretty damned stupid. Sorcs don't have a monopoly on them.

Erm, sorcs are the only class in the game with a yellow con ml9 pet, fyi.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
the taunt on a bianshee means i will never ever kill a bainshee in a standoff situation on my ice wiz. assuming i need 3 at best, probably 4 nukes to kill it, the bianshee will have interupted me and taken over before my killing blow lands.

comparing bianshees with sorcs or cabbies is not a valid comparison.
comparing bianshees with wizes is. Guess who gets the best hand of cards by far ?

Our `optimized` group would be :

2 ice wiz
2 clerics
1 reaver (twf + banelord + guard)
1 friar (ST + Body guard + resists + aux healing)
1 mincer (sos + demezz (i prefer mincer over sorc for our kind of groups) + interupts and aux CC)
1 split spec ice/earth theurg or a 3rd ice wiz.

not exactly fotm i would say.

95% of the time tmm runs as a virtual pug group though and i often run the only cleric in the group on my second computer out of nescecity.

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it stacked on catacombs release ;) was mucho whine on the boards and a resultant bug fix.

If Aiishee casts her 30s pulse (and leaves it running, it's a chant) and Biishee casts hers 3 seconds later (again leaves it running it's a chant) Biishee's won't overwrite.

But if you hit Biishee 2 seconds after the pulse they have no resist up, then when Biishee's ticks does it apply?

i.e.:

0s Aiishee starts casting
2s Aiishee's shield is up.
15s Biishee starts casting
17s Biishee's shield is up (fails because Aiishee's shield is still up)
32s Aiishee's shield fades and pulses.
35s Biishee takes 500 damage (300 absorbed by shield)
47s Biishee's shield pulses.

Does Bishee get another shield at 47s?

Or is there a "shield immunity" like with pbt? (you can't stack pbt more than 3s since each bt gives you a 3s immunity to other BTs - you can see the immunity icon just after the bt is removed if you're quick enough)

No, you can no longer have 2. It does still work via CTR however.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Musejedi said:
Erm, sorcs are the only class in the game with a yellow con ml9 pet, fyi.

i don`t notice much difference between a yellow or green ml 9 pet beating on me tbh. They both kill me easely.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
well its a chant, but that also has the drawbacks of not beeing able to use cloudsong etc

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
i don`t notice much difference between a yellow or green ml 9 pet beating on me tbh. They both kill me easely.

But in terms of abs and actual base stats, they are far superior. Not to mention the fact that you have your pick of any yellow con mob with any variety of nice attributes on it.

Also I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that mobs dont actully have buff caps like summoned pets. So you can load it with 25% bonus reds and watch 3 shot tanks

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Maril said:
Synergy on the other hand is a below average group /guild so of course it's a big problem for you.

The rating of a DAOC guild is very situational.

If you compared us, as a guild, against high RR hib/mid groups; people who play daily, "famous" names in RVR...sure, we'll lose more than we win. We don't have the opportunity to practice together...we play for fun, in widely varying groups.

Then again, we made 3million+ rps the previous week, and continually top the Alb charts on the server. No, not by "zerging", "adding" etc, but by running PUGs and playing when we can. Does that make us a below average guild? In LWRP ranking terms, or rps per week per real life member, we're probably very near the top of the list. We are a small guild. Lot of great full group action these last few weeks - ace.

We're very much a PUG guild, with the number of fathers in the guild almost at double figures, the average age around 27 and a lot of real life commitments, we will never be a "fixed" group, or anything remotely like it. I wouldn't let it...real life is too short.

When we do get an "opted" group out, we have some great fun and some awesome fights.

wow.jpg

I'm not a top merc. I've only been RVRing on it the last few weeks...but I have an awesome time and have been fortunate to have some great full group fights. Sure, sometimes you get adds from all 3 realms...big deal, get over it.

That image was not from "zerging" etc. It was a Sunday (?) of great full group action (if you stayed away from zerg), and some awesome DC bombing. Don't confuse our fg bombing a hib zerg and the albs following as us "zerging". Sure, we died a lot...it happens, especially when there are zergs around.

Sure, I expect there will be a lot of flames/whine following this post from the usuals, but have a think about other people's perspectives on things before shouting off about things that really don't apply. So go on...whine off, flame the guild and its members...just remember that without opponents, there would be no RVR.

Cheers, Eggy

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Well a bainshees cone will insta kill all pets a therg will use and if they decide to nuke instead, baod and a tank assist train will take them down very quick as they have no bodyguard.

3xhealer, shaman, SM, 3xzerk would destroy that group.

i would love to fight that mid grp as alb caster grp, maybe you zerker have charge, but with no sos you healers, shaman and sm will not even come close to the albs to do the job and the zerkers will be toast. and a well panning alb grp will have SW down before the healer will be in range for mezz and the grp will be split all over the place and i would take warlock over sm for tank grps, unbreable snare, ns, ui, chambers, better pbaoe make the warlock mids best utility caster.

Gamah

Banned
Celestino said:
iam so sorry, ofc iam not an "expert" like mrs best bainshee on the server

Even with all the sarcasam you failed to answer my queston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom