Bainshee insta interupt

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Seen as I actually got that on my Wiz yeah I have no clue what I am on about ;)
3 nukes all absorbed by the bainshee magic shield all near 600 damage.

then it wasnt bainshee magic shell u see? and if a bainshee is using the highest lvl taunt he is rather.. how to put it.. retarded

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
No class with ml9 pets that hits for the same amount or even more than lighttanks + being unkillable in melee + always cc immune can bitch about balance issues.

Gamah

Banned
Andrilyn said:
Seen as I actually got that on my Wiz yeah I have no clue what I am on about ;)
3 nukes all absorbed by the bainshee magic shield all near 600 damage.

Yes you do have no clue..as thats impossible..it wasn't bainshee ablative. Unless somehow the bainshee doubled his delve and made it stackable/or re-castable within 0.5 seconds.

The only time you would have received that if you were running into a 6 bainshee group on the patch they were released as abaltive only stacked for one patch.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Coldbeard said:
No class with ml9 pets that hits for the same amount or even more than lighttanks + being unkillable in melee + always cc immune can bitch about balance issues.

do you wear paper cloth or what? iv never seen a ml9 pet hit more then 500-600 on me and im i'v done that more then several times on other people.

still they are quite OP together with the caster.

Gamah

Banned
Calo said:
do you wear paper cloth or what? iv never seen a ml9 pet hit more then 500-600 on me and im i'v done that more then several times on other people.

Oh only 600 well then, may we stop whining forever!

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
i'd really wish they would add summon mastery for tanks... all classes with the ability to spec a melee line receive: 10 min reuse 5 min duration summon to call a fullbuffed caster immune to magic and interrupts and able to cast a 1 min ae mezz, 20 sec instant ae stun and a 255 lifedrain nuke at 2500 range

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:

hmm i saw on cloth apperently :S too bad it was something like "bla bla hits you " :í

anyhow, bainshee is one of the "bit better than your average class" expansion classes :p

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Celestino said:
u are aware that it is not a "insta shout on a 2 sec timer" but a taunt cast with a 2 sec uninterruptable base castime ?
Its bainshees long range countermeasure and compared to
nearsight: interrupt and enemy cast range redux
(ae) amnesia: beeing able to stop multiple qc and even mocing targets
its not really that much out of line as you suggest...

@ Bistrup666

yep right, totally overpowered classes for the underpopulated realms like aehm the warlock right ?
Try playing hib and u'll see how "overpowered" the bainshees are compared to some other casters before whining coz of 4 pts of delve damage

Well I am hib/pryd so :cheers:

the fact is that bainshee is capable of doing more damage than any other class in game.

And for the delve on bainshee nuke well 4 points no it's abit more mid highest base nuke is darknuke 179 delve bainshee is 223 abit more than 4 wouldn't U say, actually very close to 25% :cheers:

And warlock is a screwed class their nukes ect ain't OP in themselves it's the setup that does it ie chambers uninterruptble cast ect.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Andrilyn said:
581 damage has been absorbed by a magic shield!
30 minutes later..

They need to increase the mana cost on the taunt that's all because 21 power cost is just laughable for a caster.
Make it 30-50ish power cost per cast and it will be balanced.

was it a druid in the fg you nuked on by any chance? ;)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
i good bainshee can interrupt 3 people at max range and only counter is ns and it got a 1 min immunity timer. a bd need to get into normal caster range to interrupt, a theurgs pet can be killed by a single caster with no problems.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
@ lejemorder: ns got a 2 min duration; theurgist pets have a 1 min duration both do not prevent the caster from doing damage; a bd can basenuke with his 179dd while keeping 3 others interrupted, the things you mentioned are necessary drawbacks and I can't really see how they would give the bainshee who has to dedicate herself to the interrupting any oped status ...

@ Bistrup1337
Maybe u suffer from some memory loss but let me help you:
Bistrup666 said:
But don't get me started base nuke thats higher than any realms spec nuke[...]
highest specnukes are 219, 223-219 = 4;

It is in no way granted that specnukes use the same formula for damage as basenukes do; especially when it comes to +spec
So ur free to go out and test a 219 fullspecced specnuke vs a 223 basenuke specced something like 34+15 but till u've come back with a few hundred hits against the same target spare us with talk about "facts"

The Bainshee is a catacombs class, so u can expect it to have a bonus in some way compared to other classes, its just the way mythic does addons and all realms have those advantages.
So if u wanna complain coz the bainshees basenuke which they still will have to spec to some level has a 4 pts higher delve then a specnuke u can also start complaining about twf bds, reaver bomb, monster rezz etc etc

Oh and don't forget the so screwed up warlocks which even postnerf are still able to instakill every other class 1on1

Bainshees sure are strong but a long way from beeing unbeatable oped no matter with how many "facts" showing bainshee doing "25% more damage than the others" u come up with

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Bainshee = So stupidly powerful it makes me want to cry.

But if I was a bainshee and got hit by a ML9 CC-immune Bob and 50% debuff and then lifetapped to hell and back I'd want to cry as well.

The grass is always greener on the other side, except Hibernia has such nice grass its actually true :( .

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Celestino said:
@ lejemorder: ns got a 2 min duration; theurgist pets have a 1 min duration both do not prevent the caster from doing damage; a bd can basenuke with his 179dd while keeping 3 others interrupted, the things you mentioned are necessary drawbacks and I can't really see how they would give the bainshee who has to dedicate herself to the interrupting any oped status ...

@ Bistrup1337
Maybe u suffer from some memory loss but let me help you:

highest specnukes are 219, 223-219 = 4;

It is in no way granted that specnukes use the same formula for damage as basenukes do; especially when it comes to +spec
So ur free to go out and test a 219 fullspecced specnuke vs a 223 basenuke specced something like 34+15 but till u've come back with a few hundred hits against the same target spare us with talk about "facts"

The Bainshee is a catacombs class, so u can expect it to have a bonus in some way compared to other classes, its just the way mythic does addons and all realms have those advantages.
So if u wanna complain coz the bainshees basenuke which they still will have to spec to some level has a 4 pts higher delve then a specnuke u can also start complaining about twf bds, reaver bomb, monster rezz etc etc

Oh and don't forget the so screwed up warlocks which even postnerf are still able to instakill every other class 1on1

Bainshees sure are strong but a long way from beeing unbeatable oped no matter with how many "facts" showing bainshee doing "25% more damage than the others" u come up with

The point being U don't have to spec for the nuke.

Other classes that don't spec for the nuke get the low base nuke like rc rm or chanter.

Both classes use base nuke that delve much lower than bainshee.

I would have no problem if it was in some spec line, yes then i would totally agree 4 compared to wiz 14 compared to other spec nukes is not a big deal.

But that is not the case, the fact is they get 25% for free compared to any other caster. Thats just lame.

Btw I agree with U that solo bainshee is not OP but just above average.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I guess the first rure's minions vid shows how op bainshees are. Immense pet spam from theurg, bainshees just nuke them all down with their cheap power cost nuke. Any other caster would go oop only from that. And then you got the ui interrupt of course.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Calo said:

Scale armor. A ml9 pet managed to hit me for 975 damage with doublehit.
"Normal" damage is 400-600 yes.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
well then please tell me, who is using the base nuke as primary damage ?
Alb casters lifeleech, i guess a lot of bainshees would trade for a 179 base lifedrain...
Just compare the tools of a split spec bainshee (as those are the only ones really taking advantage of the nuke beeing base spec, the conespecs still spec high) to a bonedancer, sorc, spiritmaster, eldritch etc etc

Factor in the catacombs bonus and i can't really see any reason for whine...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Cant see why the ranged interupt is a problem. Like imo Mid and Albs are actually ahead of hibs in terms of interupt. could be bollacks what do i know

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Well, I guess the first rure's minions vid shows how op bainshees are. Immense pet spam from theurg, bainshees just nuke them all down with their cheap power cost nuke. Any other caster would go oop only from that. And then you got the ui interrupt of course.
i can nuke those pet eaily too with my cone bolts, altho they're not cheap in pwr, spamming cone takes lots of pwr, it's onlt the dd thats cheap in pwr

Well Ging, daoc is a mezzed up on many fronts, and for that to be changed id guess some1 at mythic would raise alot of willpower to make changes to balance overall, and i doubt they care really :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Celestino said:
Factor in the catacombs bonus and i can't really see any reason for whine...

can we have the mid and hib "catacombs bonus" changed so that they need to have a dead realm mate any time they want to use it too? :)

Given heretics are pretty mediocre apart from monster rezz. Nothing to write home with "OMFGZ NERF!!!" about anyway.

Heck monster rezz is easily countered, it's only good in lord rooms and only if you get a silly number of them together - does just what insta CC and a decent amount of aoe damage available in a realm does for the other two.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
censi said:
Cant see why the ranged interupt is a problem. Like imo Mid and Albs are actually ahead of hibs in terms of interupt. could be bollacks what do i know

ranged interrupt is fine

uninterruptable ranged interrupt is the pain in the arse.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
ranged interrupt is fine

Thats true but you still have to get in range of extend groups (particularly Albs) to cause damage. Can play mexican stand off though!

Jjuraa

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
ranged interrupt is fine

having an un-CCable un-meleeable massive damage hitting pet on one of your druids is a pain in the arse too.

having one on each druid is just ridiculous. nerf ML9 then bainshees.

id make a more detailed post except im pretty sure youd lock and delete the thread as soon as someone proves you wrong :p

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
iam not sure why heretics are called mediocre and i got to say i've never played one but I do think that heretics in the hands of the right player are devestating, they might not be the one button instakill spam class but 1200dam/3sec after 3 ticks that can't be interrupted on range combined with some nice absorb and selfbuffs, shieldspec and after anytime 6 sec stun in crush don't look that mediocre to me... Ofc thats all depending on situation still i can see the catacombs bonus ...

Jjuraa

Banned
eggy said:
Urm...they are interrupted, hence pointless.

the only thing that interuppts heretics at range is amnesia. and seeing as that interuppts everything else too, theres no cause for whine really.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
when playing against them it also seemed that amnesia doesn't interrupt but lets the heretic "forget" one tick, the tick afterwards would resume with damage like the tick before happened ...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jjuraa said:
having an un-CCable un-meleeable massive damage hitting pet on one of your druids is a pain in the arse too.

having one on each druid is just ridiculous. nerf ML9 then bainshees.

id make a more detailed post except im pretty sure youd lock and delete the thread as soon as someone proves you wrong :p

You're projecting a bit there, I don't lock threads when people disagree with me. If people flame each other to hell and back I lock a thread, but feel free to do some searches and prove me wrong :) oh wait if you can't find any I must have deleted them. /hands out tinfoil hats.

Anyway, why would I lock your post for saying ML9 is stupidly overpowered - it is. Not sure why ML9 being stupid logically implies bainshee taunt should be uninterruptable though... strange logic there.

A ml9 druid pet hit me for 400 the other day, ml9 SM pets, chanter pets and cabalist pets are also pretty damned stupid. Sorcs don't have a monopoly on them.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Celestino said:
iam not sure why heretics are called mediocre and i got to say i've never played one but I do think that heretics in the hands of the right player are devestating, they might not be the one button instakill spam class but 1200dam/3sec after 3 ticks that can't be interrupted on range combined with some nice absorb and selfbuffs, shieldspec and after anytime 6 sec stun in crush don't look that mediocre to me... Ofc thats all depending on situation still i can see the catacombs bonus ...

if you can get someone to stand still in range and have noone else in the universe sneeze near you a heretic can do some decent damage, eventually...

Other than the fact it takes about 9 seconds before a heretic starts getting near spec nuker damage (at which point the target is probably dead anyway), the uninterruptable from range is nice.

Apart from the slight problems of being interruptable on casting (so if there's a banelord running around you can't get it started) and the whole "Uninterruptable" bit is actually a bit of a fib... what with dots, amnesia, mez, stun stopping it along with the good old run out of the 1500 range (the UI one isn't a snare) and of course the by-design melee interrupts.

Ever so slightly different from the warlock uninterruptable - though both have the same power-pool removing effect I suppose.

Note that I'm not saying heretics are a useless class that should be labeled "leper" and spurned for all eternity but they're along the lines of a classic class... far removed from the ridiculousness of certain catacombs classes.

I dispute the whole idea of "catacombs bonus" for classes - it's not meant to be "new expansion, new more powerful classes" - they're supposed to be just different. Where's the valkyrie's catacombs bonus? What it is is the warlock, bainshee and to some extent the vampiir just being outright overpowered.

(incidentally before you start whining about sorcs again, I'm all for nerfing lifetaps to 3 seconds cast time just so they match up with the other combo nukes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom