Authentication Failed - application will now exit

Chunderpants

Fledgling Freddie
well loath as I am to do it I disabled the Vista firewall and tried again. I got past the conditions bit and sat looking at a set of empty steps on screen with the boxout stating "loading battles" for a minute, went for a smoke out the back, had a widdle in the bog, came back and it was the same. alt+tab and still the failed message appears.

Cant be bothered to try any more tonight.

System:
Vista Home Premium + SP1
2Gb Geil Ram
Intel Q6600 Quad CPU
Nvidia GE8800GTS
BT 2Gb tinklenet

Everything else works fine for me. COD4, UT3, LOTRo. BF2142.

'tis a sad day :(

Outlaw

Fledgling Freddie
Oo I am actually in!

I changed my netgear router to the one BT sent me and bam straight in!

that's it, good luck, defo something to do with the network router, my netgear was the DG834N - got it last week, it worked in early start anyway, maybe play with the g n b&a business

asyveth

Fledgling Freddie
i have the BT home hub tried everything that has been suggested here and nothing works this needs sorting before people get peed off and start leaving (thinks back to AOC)

fetto1

Fledgling Freddie
i had the exact same problem , so i went over to a buddy of mine and tryed using his net , woola it wirked like a charm , my coclusion , its the isp thats the problem in this case , talk to them o change , my advice , i am gonna change isp

fetto1

Fledgling Freddie
but now my sceond problem , 362 place in ques to get in =P

asyveth

Fledgling Freddie
my neighbour is on the same isp as me and he is playing so it cant be that

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Mehuge hope you get your problem solved.

Thanks. Sent packet traces off to my ISP today, a couple out of hours that worked, and one during the daytime that didnt. I was able to connect at around 4.30pm today - maybe a fluke (it sometimes happens if the network isnt very busy at that point) or maybe they actually fixed something :) Time will tell.

Mehuge, you need to try loggin in with a mate's account/loggin, see what happens. I got passed my critical error with that, but now my bro and I are both stuck on server select screen.

Tried an SE account and the same thing happens. Its almost certainly an ISP issue with traffic shaping and the fact that my ISP has been overloaded of lately, they now have additional capacity so the problem may go away. Fingers crossed.

Ding R20 and Mount! :)

fetto1

Fledgling Freddie
well it was for me , it is something to do with ports and shaped traffic and such

Grimsol

Fledgling Freddie
Fed up to the back teeth!

These people, GOA are the pants! I have spent over 2 days now tryint to register and log onto this game. I have had all kinds of problems with usernames, nicknames, passwords. I am totally confused as to which goes where! There are three different sites online: there is the Members Site, the account site, registration site and the games site. All appearing to require a different combination of usernames/passwords.

I have sent endless e-mails to the so called Customer Support site and the automated responses have not beemn of any use at all.

I have, in the last 3 hours, e-mailed Mythic with a complaint about their partner's (GOA) handling of the servers and customer sevices fiasco.

I have been an avid player of World of warcraft for some years and felt that Warhammer Online would be right up my street and a nice compliment to WOW. But it seems now that I will never be able to play it.

Regards,
Pete

Chunderpants

Fledgling Freddie
Just a quickie to let you know that I managed to play okay all yesterday. I dont know why, except I decided to get up "effin' early" and log in when the servers were not so full, and it worked first time.

Then throughout the day when I didnt want to play for a bit I only logged out to the character screen - not right out of the game.

So I dont know what the problem was or is, whether its gone or just that situations change. All I can say is that I had a sneaking suspicion that it was to do with the sheer volume of people on the servers and there wasnt room for little old me, so I got up early and jumped the queue :)

These people, GOA are the pants! I have spent over 2 days now tryint to register and log onto this game. I have had all kinds of problems with usernames, nicknames, passwords. I am totally confused as to which goes where! There are three different sites online: there is the Members Site, the account site, registration site and the games site. All appearing to require a different combination of usernames/passwords.

I have sent endless e-mails to the so called Customer Support site and the automated responses have not beemn of any use at all.

I have, in the last 3 hours, e-mailed Mythic with a complaint about their partner's (GOA) handling of the servers and customer sevices fiasco.

I have been an avid player of World of warcraft for some years and felt that Warhammer Online would be right up my street and a nice compliment to WOW. But it seems now that I will never be able to play it.

Regards,
Pete

Hi m8. Firstly this isnt the thread for your post - the topic isnt related. However I have to agree the acount / game registration could have been a little easier. I can't remember exactly what I did, but heres roughly how you ought to be doing it:

1. install game.
2. run game. You then get the splash panel with the option to create an account. Do that.
3. you'll get a confirmation e-mail. Follow the link to register the game key.
4. type in the game key.
5. afaik thats about it.

All I can say is keep trying different things as the game is well worth the effort.

Light

Loyal Freddie
dont expect this is your problem but Ill post it anyway because it is a bit odd.

When i log in I have to wait for all the server connection stuff in the little box on the right behind the accept terms and conditions to complete before trying to accept the terms and conditions.

If i try to accept before its sorted itself out I get the exact same problem as you describe. Strange but true.

Validus

Fledgling Freddie
I too have this problem. Sometimes i get past the patcher and sometimes i can't. If i do get past the patcher i get said error about 10 seconds after the menu pops up, with the server list not loading.

Light, your solution does not work for me. It crashes anyway.

Bluelion

Fledgling Freddie
Gah I thought this was "fixed", I havn't had it for two days, now, for the last 30 minutes I've failed to get on (21:00 BST on Sunday). I'm running out of patience, no other MMO suffers network problems like this.

Hayt-TdA

Fledgling Freddie
yep back for me again

any info would be cool because i cannot understand it

we had the issue on my son's pc today, but he tried a few times and got in eventually
me, I dont get anywhere at all.....

edit If it was ISP I'd be amazed since I'm on BT Broadband like 50% of the UK so it would affect a lot more people
it cant be a machine setting because I'd bet I can get on after 9pm like usual
it cant be Vistaor the PC because the boy's PC is almost exactly same spec
can't be router because it gets through for me post 9pm and for him most of the time

Chunderpants

Fledgling Freddie
Back for me again as well. Just got home from work, a bloody hard day and looking forward to some simple fun :(

EDIT: Tried the thing Light said, but I knew it wouldnt work and I was right. I'll try it after 9pm and see if its ok.

V

Valechor

First post for me. Hello!

I'm having the exact same errors regarding authentication as everyone else, as well as being on the same ISP.

Frustrating to come home, after having it work all weekend, to something I can't play.

Was hoping this was the game to lure me from WoW. Should this continue, I don't think it will. :(

E

Eoden

I've been getting this problem as well..

A bit of background first :)

I played in Open Beta without any problems, and also during the head-start with no issues - so I know that my PC is more than capable of running Warhammer. I tried to login to the system on first day of actual release and got the same problem as everyone else here. The game hangs when retrieving the server list and says 'Critical Error - Authentication failed'. I tried everything to get this working, updated drivers, changed firewall settings, re-installed client etc. After about 3 hours working at it I was about to give up. One last try I though. So I disabled the firewall on my PC and plugged my PC directly into my usb modem (I'm on BT btw), tried to login and bingo! straight in. :) This was around 10:30pm.

At this point I though I had it sussed - How wrong I was :(

The next night I tried to login and got the same error with my PC configured the same way as when I got in the night before. Again, I tried changing a few settings to get in with no luck. Then after continually trying to login without actually changing anything I got in! This was around 9:00pm

edit If it was ISP I'd be amazed since I'm on BT Broadband like 50% of the UK so it would affect a lot more people
it cant be a machine setting because I'd bet I can get on after 9pm like usual
it cant be Vistaor the PC because the boy's PC is almost exactly same spec
can't be router because it gets through for me post 9pm and for him most of the time

The only thing it can be is server loads.. I always seem to have this problem around peak-times, but when I try off-peak I get straight in..

I'd really like to see a Dev response on this please as it's obvious a lot of people are having this problem. I'm happy to provide more info if it helps.

Let's keep this topic active and hopefully someone will get it sorted.

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
I had a fiddle with my BT homehub the other day and hav'nt had this problem since, maybe just a coincidence but worth a try for homehub users.
1/ open homehub user interface.
2/go to advanced menu.
3/click application sharing.
4/click Create a new game or application.
5/click manual entry.
6/input "Warhammer Online" in game /app., select your PC from the drop down, input port number (in my case I put the same port number in all slots, (port 10622 for Eight peaks, for other servers you'll have to do some research), then assign it, click log box.
Think that was it, you might not have to do everything I did, I just know it seemed to work for me.
Hope this helps/ works for you guys.;)

Hayt-TdA

Fledgling Freddie
i would have messed with the homehub today except for two things

my son's online now we both started same time tonight he gets on I don't he's on my network (wireless bridge to the hub with me on a wired connex)

and

I haven't used the manager since the day it was put in 2.5 years ago and i don't know what 'speedtouch' passwords are. I know the serial number thing I just did that because the software updated, and I know the passwords I used for the master mail account but speedtouch is new to me ....

Validus

Fledgling Freddie
So basically I can't make it past the patcher on times ranging between 12:00-00:00 GMT. On the rare occasion that I do get past it on these times, I get the error you guys are experiencing.

Last night I got the chance to play, where i slept the entire afternoon and started playing the game on through midnight. It started out with some lag spikes, which resided once i reached 1 AM. I played a bunch till i got tired and got some sleep, then played a few hours in the morning till the lag spikes kicked in at around 12 AM which made the game unplayable.

I'm extremely pessimistic over this issue getting resolved for me.

Hayt-TdA

Fledgling Freddie
ok

username for homehubs is admin :p

used my new password and got in

set all the app settings suggested including those from mythic support

ie
tcp 10622
tcp 8040-8049
udp 1024-65535

didn't cycle power yet because son's still playing

but tried it just now and fail still

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Am getting it now, was connected to a full server a few hours ago and had no problems. Timeout errors are fun.

GoA, care to post a real fix? ;) Or sort the incoming connection rates of your servers out? :D

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
ok

username for homehubs is admin :p

used my new password and got in

set all the app settings suggested including those from mythic support

ie
tcp 10622
tcp 8040-8049
udp 1024-65535

didn't cycle power yet because son's still playing

but tried it just now and fail still

It must have been a coincidence then , as I set all tcp/udp all at 10622, oh well just trying to help . Have you tried to get ingame before your son (I know, fat chance;)), could be a bottleneck if he's already playing?

Hayt-TdA

Fledgling Freddie
ok on now

8:45pm

lil earlier than i figured but close enough

edit he's still on atm but bedtime soon :p
dbl edit also i seem to have lost the webpage in the patcher now but i'd trade that anyday

VivaLaDan

Fledgling Freddie
I'm having these problems also. It's been happening on and off now the games being live. Don't remember experiencing this during beta.

It may well be a problem with ISP's traffic shaping when they are at load, or it could be a problem with the authentication server when that's under load.

What I would like for myself, all the customers posting here and the huge amount of customers that haven't posted who just scratch their head at the error is a proper explanation from GOA. It may or may not be GOA's fault but it definetly is a serve problem for it's customers. They should be putting people on the problem and publish a proper explanation of what's causing it and how to fix it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
GOA Staff:

I pinged the patcher (patcher.) and got a time out request. Did it 2-3 times. But then, it logged me in when I tried.

Bluelion

Fledgling Freddie
Been trying for over 30 minutes now and sill not got on :( Pinging the GOA address 80.12.99.24 reveals massive packet loss, I'm getting about one packet back in every 16. Surely this can't be my ISP (plus.net in the UK) given that I can do everything else on the net?

Polkadot

Fledgling Freddie
OK Had to dig out my old FH account to add my voice to the crowd...

I'm having the exact same problem - had no problems playing on sunday but today it's timing out on the server selection screen and I get the Authentication Failed message.

My ISP is also BT - I hope it's a problem that can be fixed without talking to them as I've already spent far too much of my life on technical support calls with them.

Caladamir

Fledgling Freddie
I've had this same problem as of 18:00pm tonight (22/09/08). Been playing ok up until now. I'm a noob when it comes to servers and pimg pong...but I know that I havn't changed any setting on my PC on routa. Oh I also used BT.

I have fired off an email to GOA...using the web-based helpform but I don't expect a reply...as I havn't had one back about the problems I had with 'open beta' and 'head start' codes.

I've been reading alot of bad press about GOA. I've never heard of them before but surely it can't be all that bad.....can it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom