Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
DayZ commander now has listings for Dayz Lingor and Dayz Takistan btw :eek:

Mabs

yea i saw those and went "its a house , and ?" :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It seems they've used all the time to make all houses enterable(it's a word!) and rush a christmas launch due to other zombie games.

Then expect us to pay a full price for a slightly modded...err...mod? o_O

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well they did say it would be released in alpha like minecraft was and gradually built up from the ground... which is fair enough I guess, my main quim is if they have cheating under control or not, I couldnt give 2 fucks how the game itself looks if some twat can join a server and insta kill everyone.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, though we already have an alpha in the mod, so you'd expect a lot of changes in a commercial version for it not to look like a fastbuck ripoff.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I like the idea of having everything enter-able, one of the things that really pisses me off is that most aren't.

Not played it for a couple of months now but still hoping the standalone is decent!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Should be good! After playing the other maps, most buildings were enter able, was a bit disappointing that the shame wasn't on Cherno.

Looking forward to the stand-alone!

Nate

FH is my second home
It's still hacked to fuck so don't even bother looking at it till standalone comes, I'd like to hear what they're doing about that on the standalone.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
same tbh nate, if they dont come out with some good shit about anit-cheating i'm starting to doubt i'd even touch the standalone one tbh... ordinarily i wouldnt care that much but given the time you spend traversing maps/finding camps etc only to lose it to some 12 year old that was touched by his dad is just zzz

Aada

Part of the furniture
I hear private servers are the way to go these days, I'll buy the standalone and I know you will too bloodomen :)

Nothing better then gearing up and losing it straight away!

Nate

FH is my second home
WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
The new patch is pretty decent except for the annoying "script restriction kick" of total randomness. The stability of the client and the smoothnes of the game has changed remarkably since I started playing, now they only need to get the hacking and exploit sorted.

Nate

FH is my second home
so the only reason most people aren't playing hasn't been fixed.

k.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Quicker people realise hacking won't stop until stand alone, quicker people will realise they should come back and play when stand-alone when the comes out.

DayZ is a mod of a game, therefore the game is edited in order to make the mod possible, they can't 'lock' the game, unless they were given permission by Bohemia, which pretty much isn't going to happen.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I have high hopes for the standalone, so hope they don't screw it up!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had a dabble on Saturday.

Hate the new UI, can't tell if I am hungry or thirsty, no idea how much health I had. I know it's supposed to be realistic and "hardcore" and all that but I am fairly sure I know when I am hungry and thirsty irl.

Mabs

er you can turn on the old one, at least you could, by going "options" -"ui" , "developer" or something

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Hate the new UI, can't tell if I am hungry or thirsty, no idea how much health I had. I know it's supposed to be realistic and "hardcore" and all that but I am fairly sure I know when I am hungry and thirsty irl.

I like the way it's done in realistic needs(skyrim mod) where it gives a text notification(like you do when you pick up stuff) if you're hungry/thirsty/sleepy/horny.

Well not horny, 'cause that's 24/7.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
er you can turn on the old one, at least you could, by going "options" -"ui" , "developer" or something

Yeah I did that and it stayed the same, it could be just the private hive I suppose. I didn't try it on a public server.

itcheh

Part of the furniture

Then you're hungry/thirsty, the relative HUD icon turns red ... and when things are a bit more desperate they start to flash. Perfectly good system if you ask me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah I know that. But it wasn't working at all for me. Nothing changed after about an hour of play, all stayed green.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Any news on stand alone game? Not heard much for a while now they said they wanted it out by end of the year, they don't have long left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom