Arma II: DayZ

Poag

m00?
This is why i'm pondering the Lingor Island server. As it runs on a private Hive its significantly less prone to dropping items randomly due to hive response times.

Also as it requires effort to setup, the number of script kiddies should be greatly reduced.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
This is why i'm pondering the Lingor Island server. As it runs on a private Hive its significantly less prone to dropping items randomly due to hive response times.

Also as it requires effort to setup, the number of script kiddies should be greatly reduced.

is that literally just a map change? its not a mod of the mod at all ?
(from game play point of view, i know its a faff to run it )

Poag

m00?
Its a mod of the mod yes. New Island with different architecture. More military spawns. The map is also smaller so you bump into people more often. Same weapons/gear

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Lingor_Island

Some mechanic changes, refueling, flashlights etc.

Its private so you can host massive servers without having to pay hosting companies through the nose, assuming you have a box beefy enough.

Poag

m00?
Its also pretty good as you host a hive for that server only or maybe 2-3 servers. So you get very few desync issues. You can also do cool stuff like let people spawn better equipped or in specific locations.

So for subscribers they could spawn with a Winchester and 4 rounds for example. While a regular person only gets a pistol.

Mabs

slow ass russian download got 480/500mb done and then desynced
not impressed :(

Mabs

trying it again, if it behaves itself i will fire it up later on see whats what

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Im playing a LI server right now, it's okay, but the loot bugs are annoying.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Decided to go balls to the wall as i spawned next to elektro. Ran in with nothing, grabbed a hatchet from a nearby barn, straight into the middle of the city, found a dead guy with medical supplies, evaded explosions and gunfire, got matches, toolkit, hunting knife and water bottles, ammo to last me a good while(1911), got a shot from a machine gun to the back and ran to the forest with 4k health.

Heartrate was up to 220, but it was worth it and fun as doggystyling a hottie with a razor :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I always just leg it round when I first start. Zombies are so easy to evade that it's pointless to sneak when you have nothing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, even with weapons when you learn to use the hatchet the zombies are piss easy. Now ahtchet vs a person with an automatic, that's fun :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh my....was just looking for a cow(yeah, regular friday for old toht :LOL:), but instead i found a military transport truck. Fair to say i got well stocked for a while, got my eats too, though i didn't rob them blind, or take the truck, a modecum of fair play afterall :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Didn't have any, only later i thought that i should've used the granades to blow up the truck, but realised i probably wouldn't have if i could anyway.

Too nice for this whole bandit stuff i guess.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fuck that. Steal that shit.

The other week I nicked someones car full of stuff. He saw me do it too and fired his pistol at me, so I drove it to the tree line outside of town out of range of his pistol, took what I wanted, then emptied a clip of AK bullets into it and blew it up. I bet he was fucking livid because he had quite a bit of gear on it. I took a silenced assault rifle with some ammo and a pair of NVGs off it but couldn't carry much else. I think he was going town to town by the amount of food on it.

I should have driven it off somewhere to stash it all but as a general rule I only keep what I can carry.

Poag

m00?
If you dont "Save" the vehicle after its been blown up it will reappear on server restart.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i do that when i steal an ATV, save it when i flip it. Which is sort of rude i suppose.

Though now that i know it'll reappear, not sure if i should. REalistic to save it though.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
Logged in with my friend last night, we were some 5 day and 10 day olds. Had M107 + bizon and friend got L85A2 AWS + silenced mp5. Life was merry.

After 10 secs the whole server got teleported 100 meters above NW airfield and obviosly smashed to death. Fuck.

However, 2 hours later I sneaked back there and looted all our good stuff back plus shitloads of this and that (the whole 20 player server worth of bodies). I feel like playing again.

Nate

FH is my second home
Tried out that Lingor Island map, it's pretty cool. Hacker killed everyone within 10 minutes of me starting though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I just can't be arsed to play now. Play on a low population server and avoid hackers but see nobody else. Play on a busy server, see lots of people and then die from a hacker.

It's largely pointless really. Will keep an eye out for the standalone though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yep am done with it until standalone comes out, the hackers don't bother me so much it's the infuriating bugs that should have been fixed ages ago :(

Gwadien

I'm trying out some other old mod, isn't zombies, but its like more close quarters and tactical involving other online players + AI, seems interesting.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I'm still playing, albeit solo and on random servers. Died yesterday, had every useful item in the game except gps. 24 slot pack, loaded with spare NVG and other bits. Went to airfield, died.

I'm now on some DE server, self sufficient, logged out next to the airfield. Will probably die tomorrow :)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Was merrily roaming about Zub (the old tower type), as i make my way out in crouch position, bandit in prone facing me. My DMR barks loudly 3 times in his body, blood all over, he's still alive but not returning fire - no time to think, put another one in his head, he's down. Hello map, matches and toolbox, I needed you.

Life's good in the wilderness.

Mabs

1.7.2.6 is out
fixed various things -bodies, (again), and "tents and vehicles saving" bout bloody time

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah had a go today. Its better... If you can get on a server that is, loads of battlenet errors.

Gwadien

Peeps still playing then? - I was playing Lingor Island last time I played was fun!, but died, and gave up :D

Mabs

tbh, once GW2 has settled down a bit, will be playing again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom