Arma II: DayZ

Aada

Part of the furniture
I spent this afternoon in Baltoa on a server with an axe/water/bandages killed a lot of people and had a shit load of fun twating them with an axe and making funny noises down the mic.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Not telling you Mabs :p

Although it's getting harder to hide it with all the vehicles :p We had a motorbike as well, but zoggy got battleeye kicked when he was trying to park it near the bus. when he logged back on the bike was underneath the bus and destroyed :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What server??? I must find this camp and play silly buggers with it.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It is 105 :) that's the only server we play on. We've been hitting CS:GO and planetside the last couple of nights, the battleye kicking bug makes it a bit shit, logging back on in a stopped vehicle and being put under the vehicle, it's a bit of a ball ache!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, was on a random server and we all got mass teleported and killed. Which wasn't very nice.

What server are freddies plaing on? Might be less of a ballache.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Well, was on a random server and we all got mass teleported and killed. Which wasn't very nice.

What server are freddies plaing on? Might be less of a ballache.
thats the Thunderdome hack

if youre playing with us, were on "uk 105" , vent details are in , er, somewhere

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ta, won't be getting on vent anytime soon though. Silent Bob and Crosshare will be joining the 105ers, don't kill us too much :p

Mabs

Ta, won't be getting on vent anytime soon though. Silent Bob and Crosshare will be joining the 105ers, don't kill us too much :p

if you arent on vent, you are KOS, we dont check people, you get an ask on vent, then shot in the face, we dont take prisoners ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Logged on this morning after a great night and i log in spawned at the beach all gear gone etc etc fine that doesn't bother me that much.

Riding a bike 5mins ago and that stupid bug that causes the game to change your skin on your character hits me while riding a bike, i come off the bike don't die and just there peddling in thin air, log out log back in still bugged, can't suicide and deleting player profile doesn't work either.

Am done with the game that bug should have been fixed the next day, it's clear the guy doesn't give two shits about his mod now he is swimming in money and has his standalone game in the works.

Major bugs that ruin the game right now:

1. Skin changing bug when your humanity goes below/above 0 causes you to lose your backpack and everything in, if driving a vehicle you will be left in thin air and no idea how to fix relogging doesn't work, can't suicide yay!

2. The bug where you spawn at the beach with no gear at all either enjoy the run back to where you logged out previously or start the gear grind all over again, fun?

3. The bug where you spawn at the beach if you close the game while it is on the 'loading' screen some servers can take 5mins+ to load and you just don't know if you are stuck in the loading screen infinity loop so you close down and start again, you are rewarded with being spawned at the beach.

4. Tents eating your equipment upon server restarts doesn't always happen but it happens makes the hours you spent collecting gear utterly worthless.

They are currently the 4 major bugs right now that happen very often the game was more stable back in May as of now it's just a frustrating experience.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Picked up a gun that I thought I had ammo for, turned out I didn't. Lost my AK kobra and 5 clips of ammo. Fail.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Locked containers would bring a lot more to the game, you could have better progression even if you die a lot.

Even if it's ofcourse more hardcore to just havea tent, but that bugger should save to the character, not server.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The problem with that is, how would I rob from your tent if it only appeared when you were in game? Tent robbing is my bread and butter! - also if you placed it on one server and it appeared on all servers the map would be absolutely packed with tents.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The problem with that is, how would I rob from your tent if it only appeared when you were in game? Tent robbing is my bread and butter! - also if you placed it on one server and it appeared on all servers the map would be absolutely packed with tents.

True, the locked on character was more towards fixing the problem with disappearing tents/empty tents. But that's a bug really that needs fixing. I see your point on tent robbing(if someone found mine, they got a nice lootpack for sure).

Perhaps a better way to put a system in place would be buriable backpacks? You have to remember where it is, but it would be well hidden from others (perhaps a twig collection on top or something).

For locked tents, new item = boltcutters.
For burying backpacks and uncovering them = shovel.

Tadaa :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yeah forgot to mention how absolutely magnificent it is to cut off a bus with a bicycle and speed down the road, only to take a left and jump over a railroad like a BMX pro, imagining how "WTF?" the guys in the bus are :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Locked containers would bring a lot more to the game, you could have better progression even if you die a lot.

Even if it's ofcourse more hardcore to just havea tent, but that bugger should save to the character, not server.

The stand alone client will have more secure storage, you will be able to create underground bases after having dug it out yourself, poured the foundations and created various other things inside. Its not yet been said if people can breach it tho it has been said depending on its age and weather conditions it will collapse around you sometimes (not sure how exactly this will work yet) I would assume the concrete will erode over time thus you will have to keep an eye on it or something.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
What are the current plans for the FH server, is it worth pitching a tent and building a base, or are you planning to shutdown anytime soon ?

And anyways, where do you folks play nowadays as UK 105 seems to be shutting down ?

Poag

m00?
Its got some days left to run on it. It costs £25 pcm if anyone wants to take it over.

I've been keeping it updated. We are pondering a private server running the alternative island. This is seperate from the Cherno setup.
However a beefy windows server has yet to be acquired.

Mabs

What are the current plans for the FH server, is it worth pitching a tent and building a base, or are you planning to shutdown anytime soon ?

And anyways, where do you folks play nowadays as UK 105 seems to be shutting down ?

personally, im waiting for them to, ya know, FIX IT, before i start playing again

then ill see

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Same really, bored of starting again due to a game bug or script kiddie. It just makes it pointless bothering.

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah 105 has gone :( shit

Due to the low interest on the Server and even lower support from the community,
We have decided to Shut the Server down in definitely.
The Server will be switched off 23.08.2012

Or it is up atm, but it will be going really soon. Get anything you want from it :p

Mabs

once they fix vehicles/tents eating inventory ill be happy, but carrying everything you own on your person, then dying, is getting tedious

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom