alliance chat (CF alliance)

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by ab_fluid
Tzee, you may think you have a great sense of humor, it doesn't mean you do. You may not like things others say, it doesn't mean they are wrong, i personally don't mind the odd joke etc on /as and a lot of them are from you, but when someone else does the same, you seem to always have a go at them, you seriously have no higher standing in this alliance that anyone else and do not have the right to decide what is "funny" and what isn't. You may find yourself funny and for arguments sake find sheph not funny, thats doesn't make it so. Please don't try and make yourself out as the "alliance comedian" or something.

P.S this thread really is stupid, how bout the thread starter talks to VGN gm in game and asks them to have a word? instead of dragging your generl flames onto here?

I don't always have a go at people for spamming /as, a lot of the time it doesnt bother me, but when 2 people i know tell me they feel upset/angry cus they feel like they are being targetted.. i kinda try to do something about it.

why dont you try and understand, and see im not pointing at VGN, im simply saying that people found it offensive.

doesnt matter if you go up to a Jew and say 'heil hitler' because you think its funny, even if he found it offensive?

i never said i was the judge of the alliance chat, all i do is make jokes time to time over it when its quiet.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
I don't always have a go at people for spamming /as, a lot of the time it doesnt bother me, but when 2 people i know tell me they feel upset/angry cus they feel like they are being targetted.. i kinda try to do something about it.

why dont you try and understand, and see im not pointing at VGN, im simply saying that people found it offensive.

doesnt matter if you go up to a Jew and say 'heil hitler' because you think its funny, even if he found it offensive?

i never said i was the judge of the alliance chat, all i do is make jokes time to time over it when its quiet.

then please word your posts better cos that is how it looked to me (Or i need english lessons). BTW, i find a rather huge difference in "NAS XDDD" compared to saying "Heil Hitler" to a jew, don't you?

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by old.chipper
again on a simple post its gettin completely out of hand this thread is valid it cant be discussed in game as it affects so many people so we have forums for this

why cant poeple just say for once ok we fuked up we went to far we didnt mean to it just happened and not repeat it why does nearly every thread that contains something important get turned into a slagging match its pathetic and really immature

we shouldnt have to turn around and say "come on guys stop the spam" there shouldnt be any period its common sense is the realm really that screwed up these days ?

ps this was never a flame was a whine at minimum, it was a medium for people to sort a problem out

well then, you made the thread, please the replies, sheph has already apologised for what he said and he never never meant to offend anybody. Also do we not have alliance forums for this kind of topic? Its really got nothing to do with your general BW person. How about the people that told sheph to shut the fuck up, apologise now?

D

Danya

Nice to see it's not just me who thinks Freppe is being deliberately obtuse in an attempt to justify his position, when he knows he is wrong. As lofff put it, "fucking grow up", if you can't admit that you're wrong then STFU, don't try and justify it with lame excuses that no one believes.

Lofff explained the "nas xD" thing, it's not to do with what the word actually means, it's the manner it's used - it's being used to take the piss out of Spanish people, not to say "hello". Saying "Hejsan xDD" isn't the same thing at all as people don't use that all the time like "nas xD" is.
Refusing to admit that the situation is different just makes you look like an immature prick, so cut it out.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Danyan
Nice to see it's not just me who thinks Freppe is being deliberately obtuse in an attempt to justify his position, when he knows he is wrong. As lofff put it, "fucking grow up", if you can't admit that you're wrong then STFU, don't try and justify it with lame excuses that no one believes.

Lofff explained the "nas xD" thing, it's not to do with what the word actually means, it's the manner it's used - it's being used to take the piss out of Spanish people, not to say "hello". Saying "Hejsan xDD" isn't the same thing at all as people don't use that all the time like "nas xD" is.
Refusing to admit that the situation is different just makes you look like an immature prick, so cut it out.

And you swearing makes your look mature and grown up? I think not

D

Danya

And you swearing makes your look mature and grown up? I think not
Oh please, a little profanity for effect is being a child now? It's not like every other word or even sentence was "fuck" or anything. This is just a weak attempt to dig at me because you can't admit that freppe is wrong. I expected better from you frankly fluid, pity.

O

old.Tzeentch

then please word your posts better cos that is how it looked to me (Or i need english lessons). BTW, i find a rather huge difference in "NAS XDDD" compared to saying "Heil Hitler" to a jew, don't you?

yes, but its both racism when it comes down to it, the principle is the same.

E

Exiled

<dances around and sings> tis funny how certain people get their back up so much when they think people are getting at them when in fact they are talking generally :clap:

A

ab_fluid

Oh please, a little profanity for effect is being a child now? It's not like every other word or even sentence was "fuck" or anything. This is just a weak attempt to dig at me because you can't admit that freppe is wrong. I expected better from you frankly fluid, pity.

its still not exactly mature, and i never defended freppe or any other person that said anything about the situation on /as be they VGN or LA or CF or whatever, i jsut find swearing in arguments like you and lofff did just as dergatory as anything that i have seen on /as.

P.s i was online for the whole thing but just kept my mouth shut as it was rather obvious flames were coming.

F

Freppe^^

Danyan pls. AS I SAID ITS IMO FFS. CANT U READ? This got nothing to do with fluid or any in VGN so pls quiet. IMO is IMO. MY own freakin opinion. As ive have claimed all along i dont see why they get offended. And ive talked to lofff bout this, and he understood why i am thinking like this? :) Danyan if ppl would say HEJSAN xDDD i could get offended u know? Same freaking thing IF ppl do it. IF remember it. U can swear at me as how much u want, ur the one who will look silly tbh. As i said in earlier posts , u dont have to agree with me, neither do any in vgn either, this is my own opinion for the last time, and lalalala u cant change it? READ THIS TIME. THX

F

Freppe^^

And for fuck sake, as i said , i talked to lofff, he didnt know i wernt ONLINE that night, i just giving my OPINION once again. which YOU cant do anything bout. If u wanna flame, flame miss or someone who accidently tagged on doing NAS xDD . oh btw danyan, ITS NOT about whos winning or smth, Since this is no contest and no can have wrong or right, just opinions

F

Freppe^^

This will be my absolutely last post here and i hope danyan u got it. Otherwise i cant do anything bout it since ur not getting it or ur not reading? U see ppl swear but u still flame a guy who gives his opinion. Imo u need the advice to grow up. Perhaps u swear at ur bosses when u dont get as u want, when ppl aint like you? cmon cut the crap, cya n good bye

D

Danya

So as long as you say "IMO" it's fine to just say what you like regardless of truth/offensiveness/etc. I'll remember that one.

Since you're so keen on giving opinions you seem remarkably offended by me giving my opinion. Why should you be able to say what you like and tag "IMO" on the end and it's fine, then turn around and flame me for giving my opinion. Not to mention flaming me for flaming you about giving your opinion. Talk about hypocracy.

Also criticising me for swearing while using "fuck", "crap" etc. is way up there on the hypocracy list too, at least fluid is consistent and didn't swear at me while criticising my swearing...

Fluid - sorry if I misread your comments as defending Freppe, it seemed to me like you were, but it's a long thread and easy to get things confused.

p.s. I'll try to keep the swearing down, but it's not like I never swear IRL, and that tends to transfer over to forums at times.

O

old.Laryssa

looks like peeps can discuss hours about "my do farts smell".

GMs won't remove /as from the spammers, spammers think stfu mofos and will continue /as spam and "Offended" peeps will stay offended and will burn with fury coz they can't stop it and someone finnally comes here and posts about it.

that's life as it seems
:D

but as we see here the topic is sooo interesting that already 6 pages are filled with flames/whines.

in the end NO RESULT will be achieved - onyl the post count increased ...

:sleeping:

S

StormriderX

all this flaming over random spamming :/

whatever happened to happy hibbies? :(

imo ang is to blame - take away his /as + bw rights damn spamaholic ;)

D

Danya

Hush ElfriderX, it's clearly all Tzee's fault, because um, he's Scottish!

A

ab_fluid

Hush ElfriderX, it's clearly all Tzee's fault, because um, he's Scottish!

i agree.

NP btw, i just think this thread sucks and people criticising the whole of vgn for a cpl of people, gets me kinda mad :)

S

StormriderX

i agree.

NP btw, i just think this thread sucks and people criticising the whole of vgn for a cpl of people, gets me kinda mad :)

aye just cause aluv is a nuuber doesnt mean all vgn are :p

D

Divinia

Btw. Funny how ppl who know the /as rules very well almost daily tell ppl to stfu from /as when they are asking/saying unwanted stuff, and then use the /as themselfes to break the rules trough gratz and other plain nonsense..

i know it an be accepted at late times.. but at primetime?

(i dont complain on the gratz to teh elph, just annoying that ppl who flame ppl on /as for breaking rules use it themselfes to say gratz uberpb-pharm hoe to rr15)

S

Son

Looks to me like its time for 'Sheriff Sonny' to come sort you all out! ;)

C

chrstffr

Originally posted by StormriderX
unfair advantage to j00 - warden etc vs bm :(

Yesh and 600k rps doesnt have anything to do with it ;)

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by StormriderX
all this flaming over random spamming :/

whatever happened to happy hibbies? :(

imo ang is to blame - take away his /as + bw rights damn spamaholic ;)

:twak:
I dont spam.................

F

fade-

how could nas possibley be offensive!? would be like me takeing offence at all u europeans talking in english... :p

L

Lessurl

P.S this thread really is stupid, how bout the thread starter talks to VGN gm in game and asks them to have a word? instead of dragging your generl flames onto here?

I would have to agree with this comment, it's far better to try and solve grievances in private instead of dragging them into public. If you have a quiet word ingame (perhaps make a cg with who you think the offending parties are and who you think the aggrieved are) and discuss why you think they shouldn't have been acting this way you are far more likely to get positive results than if you drag it onto a public forum. When it's out in public it comes across as more of a personal attack, people get defensive, some angry words get thrown about. People who didn't even know about the argument in the first place come and stick their oar in stirring things up even more. In short, once it's in a public rather than private discussion it becomes much harder for either side to back down as they are less willing to make concesions that they might have been in the wrong for fear of it making them look bad.

Now for me to stick my oar in and give my 2c worth :p
In this case i think both sides were in the wrong in a way, spamming nas xDD (which was offending people, although they had no way of knowing this was so you can't accuse them of doing it on purpose) is inappropriate imo within the rules of the alliance. Think on it this way, if i was to /as hi all, i'd be told to stop spam almost instantly by quite a few people. Saying it in a different language makes it no different imo. But also in the wrong were the people who /as stfu etc. I think as is stated in the alliance rules telling someone to stop spamming what you think is inapropriate should be done through pm's. Telling them to stop spam or stfu over /as is far more likely to start an argument and further make the situation worse than a quick pm explaining the problem. For the reasons i've already mentioned above.

For a small example (bcos for some reason i feel like writing a lot :p ). Say i'm somewhere singing (this would be badly, so highly likely to offend). Someone takes offence to my singing (it's bad, don't like the song, too loud etc.). If they come over and have a quiet word explaining to me that the song is offensive to them, i'm singing too loud etc. then i would be more than happy to stop and would most likely apologise for my terrible singing. However, if they started shouting across the room so everyone could hear, "stfu, you're terrible, i've heard cats that have had their foot trodden on make a more pleasing sound than you!" then rather than apologising and stopping, i'd be more than likely to either continue, and get even louder. Or start shouting abuse back because this person has now got my back up.
Ok, that wasn't a small example but i hope u get my point. :p

But in conclusion (just read this bit if u r lazy :p ) this sort of thing should be discussed in private in game. And either in pms or in a cg, not over the /as.
If you managed to read all that i'm amazed. :)

F

Freppe^^

Hey lessurl ;). You just said as i said basicly with the offended thing, now you gonna get some swearing from lofff and danyan.
Gogo. Good post lessurl, just as it should be. :) Also you are very wrong according to danyan, you cant think like that. You cant have a own opinion. Acctually i dont think you can post it either.
Later peeps and again such a good post lessurl. :)

Users who are viewing this thread