Advise on making n playing a merc?

BaneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
just wondering what is a good race/spec for a merc .. and what stats are the most important... str con dex speed etc thinkin of speccing crush too 50 then respeccin to thrust or slash maybe.... is speed more important then dex?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
imo :

ogre: +15 str 10 con crush-slash is the best stat wise.

on the other hand i would play a briton slasher with 10str 10dex 10con, go for the looks i say!

BaneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
whats more important?

Was thinking of trying to cap my stats at 50....

So i am guessing briten would be the best to try cap str con dex and speed...

but which is more important to boost speed or dex? i hear speed boosts evade more then dex and it boosts swing speed... do u want to cap speed with a merc? or do u want to keep in low..... i know dex effects parry n all....

also which is better for rvr thrust? crush? slash? styles wise n all

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
merc only have evade 1, so concentrate on dex, to parry more.

BaneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
hmm?

Thinking of going highlander or brit.... depending on how easy it is to cap speed at 250. since speed is one stats that does not go up as you level and also con does not go up as much as dex does. Is it possible to get 250 speed with a highland merc with normal items and buffs. or would it be better to go brit and put 10 in str con and speed since dex goes up as you level so much easyer to cap.

Hear crush is a decent spec line although if i respec at 48 to slash i get more spec points. go slash with more spec points or crush with that anytime stun... hmmm sorry maybe i am overthinking all this.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
technically the final cap is 350 stat with max buffs+items (and then i'm not even talking about items that increase your hard cap), not 250 stat, so afaik only an ogre can cap str at 350 and none can really have 350 dex without having low str with it.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Graknak said:
technically the final cap is 350 stat with max buffs+items (and then i'm not even talking about items that increase your hard cap), not 250 stat, so afaik only an ogre can cap str at 350 and none can really have 350 dex without having low str with it.
The only stat which has a cap is Quickness, which caps at 250.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
HO is the best way to go on all merc specs imo.

High strength makes crush and slash perfect choices, and the extra hits can't be bad.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
HO is the best way to go on all merc specs imo.

High strength makes crush and slash perfect choices, and the extra hits can't be bad.

Another toon for you in the offing then Eggy? :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
half ogres :puke:

makes my valkyn look like miss world :cheers:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Definately go HO ... and imo stick with crush @ 50 now that battler and Malice axe can be activated as crush.

Unless you pick a Saracen there is no real benafit of respecing trust since you get weaker style line and no 4.1 speed offhanders plus the fact you need to Over cap Str and Dex to give the same bonus that over capping str would give Crush/Slash users.

On the subject of over capping my Saracen thrust Merc with best buffs 25 dex over cap and Aug Dex 2 gets 380 dex. So with HO you should be able to hit 400 str buffed and ToA'd

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Without a doubt, highlander/half ogre 15 str 10 qui or 15 str 10 con and slash/crush.

I wouldn't make a merc with the current situation of the game even though i love mine.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Without a doubt, highlander/half ogre 15 str 10 qui or 15 str 10 con and slash/crush.

I wouldn't make a merc with the current situation of the game even though i love mine.

dont listen to sycho, he is a nQQb :rolleyes:

sharrd

Fledgling Freddie
"I wouldn't make a merc with the current situation of the game even though i love mine." -Sycho

Sorry, I don't know how to do the better looking quotes, but I wanted to reply to that. I just started the game a week or so ago, and I have to say that my HO merc is great. He's already taking out oranges and tanking for groups around his level. Also, I went to the Lion's Den with a scout friend and wrecked house on a bunch of ppl. I have no idea why you would say not to make one!

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
=sharrd
Sorry, I don't know how to do the better looking quotes, but I wanted to reply to that. I just started the game a week or so ago, and I have to say that my HO merc is great. He's already taking out oranges and tanking for groups around his level. Also, I went to the Lion's Den with a scout friend and wrecked house on a bunch of ppl. I have no idea why you would say not to make one!

When you go rvr and get chain grappled you are going to be frustrated but if you can manage to get ml10 banelord then go for it.But at the moment casters can kick your ass pretty easily sometimes.

Fucking nutter you are cougar xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom