Making money off SCing

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Is it still profitable to make a LGM and sc for cash? How long will it take to level?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1) Yes, very
2) Not long

It won't cost you that much, it's pretty straight forward and within an hour or two when you're LGM you'll have a profit from what you've spent. But prepare for a lot of morons and set a side quite a bit of time if you want to make serious money. Personally I have a sc'er on mid, but I hate doing it ever since my qb-setup program stopped working, so I only sc for myself

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
the amount of money that you can earn from crafting is big as hell.

But as Corn said, with so many morons around its better for me to go to an ml raid and earn the money that i want from there.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
About the morons? Whar excactly is the problem? That people don't know what they want, won't pay up or?

Anyway I found that I can get relatively fast money from farming scales and selling them, so I gave up on the LGM idea.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
About the morons? Whar excactly is the problem? That people don't know what they want, won't pay up or?

Anyway I found that I can get relatively fast money from farming scales and selling them, so I gave up on the LGM idea.

Random moron #1: "Can you make me an axe?"
LGM Weaponcrafter me: "Yes.. What kind?"
Random moron #1: "Fastest swing speed lvl24 left axe."
Me: "What's the name of the axe?"
Random moron #1: "How should I know?"
Me: "Well I don't know all the speeds of every weapon in the game.."
Random moron #1: "Look it up on the internet then, lol noob?"
Me: "Hmmff.." *looks it up, crafts it take a little overprice of the materials* "That'll be 150g."
Random moron #1: "WHAT!? I have 7g, is that not enough?"
Me: "...." *sells axe to vendor*

Random moron #2: "Hi, can you sc two items for me?"
Me: "Sure" writing next msg asking for materials report etc.
Random moron #2: "First item: 28str, 8shield, 8axe and 28quicknes. Second item: 76hits, 13% crush, 4parry and 4% melee speed"
Me: *deletes msg and starts writing new* "Ehh.. I can already say now that is not possible.."
Random moron #2: "It is, my sc calc says so!"
Me: "I doubt it.."
Random moron #2: "LOL OKAY NOOB! If you don't wanna make moniez I'll get someone else!"

And then ofc you get the frencies, but that's a chapter for itself...

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
I leveled a cabby, got epic gear for him and bb, got ML9 and bb ML5, through rassa-grouping, did one rvr run so I could get serenity and MCL, all in little over 2 weeks, and I've never had more fun with pve :). It's very gratifying to pull 6 purple mobs, and watch them drop 4-5 scales each.

EDIT: Oh you meant on midgard? Well I figured, I dont need to waste time building up from scratch on new realm when I can just transfer money I make from my cabbyfarming, so i shelved the farm project on mid for now. I just went midgard to do thidranki mainly.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
How fast can you farm 100 scales?

I'd say 30 minutes, with a conservative estimate of ML9 pet up in 20 of those, doing 6 pulls of 4 mobs, each dropping 4 scales = 96 scales, and 10 minutes of normal pet doing 2 pulls of one mob, dropping 4 scales = 8 scales. In all: 104 scales. (usually I get a few drops of 5 scales, and I sometimes pull 5-6 mobs depending on spawn frequency, other people pulling nearby etc.)

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
the good in farming scales (at least in Midgard) is that the respawn time of mobs are extremly fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom