Account bannings for worm incident

Q

Qte Eth

motives are plain in simple-no attempts to gain money ,items or nething else by cheating and bug abusing in future. I am quite sure for 99% it will work.

C

censi

What makes me laugh is the people like censi who are nearly crying that there is a great influx of WW's now in the game, and how unfair that if you had an original wormwrap that you would have maybe had to pay loads for it.

what makes me laugh are fuckwits like you that pay 7 plat for them.

I think the bannings are totally out of order to if you learn to read

but its correct that they delete all the WW's.

in the past 2 years about 8 WW have dropped on hib.

in 45 mins 120 drop.

do the maths

O

old.Garax

Originally posted by censi

in 45 mins 120 drop.

do the maths

The reason your complaining so much censi is that your a drop wh0re, always have been. So a few people got some wormwraps, big fuckin deal, it's not like they are a nessecity thesedays to cap all stats.

I never said you thought the bans were fair, so i suggest you learn to read. :rolleyes:

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by censi

in 45 mins 120 drop.

do the maths

Whats wrong with buying items? Its the only way some of us can get "good" items when raid leaders tend to keep the good stuff.. (hint hint)
And Galla/Legion raids are boring as fuck too, prefer to pay for them than waste 3 hours running round with 8fg of noobs.

V

vintervargen

they wern't banned for the economy matter, since it wasnt that big deal really. GOA was just making an example, showing that they will not tolerate bug abuse, in whatever form it might be.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by old.Garax
What makes me laugh is the people like censi who are nearly crying that there is a great influx of WW's now in the game, and how unfair that if you had an original wormwrap that you would have maybe had to pay loads for it.

insult my censi honey again and ill kick your ass irl bish :mad:

A

Arnor

removing the items is enough imo, its goas fault mainly.

1234Taz

Bug abuse is bug abuse these guys are no differnt from the people using radars.

/salut GOA for banning them all

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by orslaugth
ROFL..what ever this post is about..I have NOT been baned and I joined the raid..U silly jealous MF..

and you are who in-game?

O

old.Xanthian

Anyway what about the people that joined the raid un-knowingly that went along hopiong to win a brace in lotto?
Very harsh.
And all these fucking morons posting "heahehah j0 cheat j00 get banned hahyahHhhae" just piss off back to your own realm and carry on trying to get your 1st lvl 50, ok?

ps. I want on the raid, Im just pissed off at the whole situation, and think its a farce.

O

orslaugth

Originally posted by vintervargen
and you are who in-game?

And you think I´ll tell you that? Wanna buy a bracer? ROFL ..blame GOA if they can´t do their work correctly..we pay their salary ffs..

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by orslaugth
And you think I´ll tell you that? Wanna buy a bracer? ROFL ..blame GOA if they can´t do their work correctly..we pay their salary ffs..

pls tell ingame name x]

1234Taz

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
Anyway what about the people that joined the raid un-knowingly that went along hopiong to win a brace in lotto?
Very harsh.
And all these fucking morons posting "heahehah j0 cheat j00 get banned hahyahHhhae" just piss off back to your own realm and carry on trying to get your 1st lvl 50, ok?

ps. I want on the raid, Im just pissed off at the whole situation, and think its a farce.

Whats having a lvl 50 got to do with knowing if cheating is right or wrong? :rolleyes:

D

Dulak

In response to GOA's action and non reply to any posts ive sent to them regarding any matter, including this ban. Ive terminated my auto matic subscription to game. But it was finally nice to know that when you get banned you dont pay for the days that your banned for. Have been given 7 days real money back.

After 7 days who knows may have found another game to play.

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by 1234Taz
Whats having a lvl 50 got to do with knowing if cheating is right or wrong? :rolleyes:

so true o saint 1234taz :rolleyes:

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by 1234Taz
...insert much bullshit...

Your primary objective here is to bait. 50 people is a huge loss to Hib, and many of these people are considering teminating their accounts with GOA. Even people that weren't banned and were not on the raid, are considering closing their accounts specifically because of this incident.

If you cannot see how this would affect the entire server, then maybe you should reactivate your Prydwen account and fuck off, if your even here in the first place.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by old.Nol
Your primary objective here is to bait. 50 people is a huge loss to Hib, and many of these people are considering teminating their accounts with GOA. Even people that weren't banned and were not on the raid, are considering closing their accounts specifically because of this incident.

If you cannot see how this would affect the entire server, then maybe you should reactivate your Prydwen account and fuck off.

M

Marwolaeth

One word. Entrapment.

The people involved did not willingly go out to commit a crime, they were just poor innocent stooges that were given an opportunity that proved too tempting for them (An OP GOA must of known existed if it happened on the American servers. We might not be expected to read up on known bugs but GOA sure as hell are) and so they took it. GOA then come swooping in and start charging people left right and centre.

Ok maybe alittle melodramatic but all I can say is if anyone needs me I'll be sitting in Dagda trying to defend the keep since somone was silly enough to announce the realms current weakness here on Barrysworld just because they fancied a moan. *Applauds*

T

tris-

why are people disgusted with the ban? if you break the rules why shouldnt you be punished? its like saying i just raped someone then murderd their whole family, but i will be fuckin disgusted if you throw me in jail, how can you do that? all i did was break the rules...

T

Tyka

Originally posted by n3wbie
why are people disgusted with the ban? if you break the rules why shouldnt you be punished? its like saying i just raped someone then murderd their whole family, but i will be fuckin disgusted if you throw me in jail, how can you do that? all i did was break the rules...

Dude relax, don't drag in rape and murder into this.

If you read Harles thread on CF forum you will see that other people did something similiar to another kind of mob and they did not get banned, that's my guess.

O

old.Niljindil

Because
1) This bug was supposed to be fixed, goa fuckup, they shouldnt start banning people when they realized they were too incompetent to fix it.
2) Im quite sure not everyone on that raid was aware that there was a bug at all, i havent been to one "free for all" raid yet where there hasnt been a single person to ask "whats a fiery seal?". Not even counting the people who dont know what a wormskin wrap is.
3) What tyka said

Edit: What i mean is, if they actually planned it out from the beginning like "hey, worm is bugged, lets go farm him!" then sure, i agree, everyone on the raid would know about "we are gonna go abuse a bug to gain 10 platinum and the best bracer in the game!" and they should all deserve a ban. But as we all should have noticed by now that was not the case.

O

old.Niljindil

That is probably *the* most retarded comparison i have seen anywhere so far in my entire life. And no, i wasnt born yesterday either.

H

<Harle>

Oh, i have a much more fitting RL-comparison if you want to go that way:
Say you are driving too fast on a road, but the authorities forgot to put up a sign with the speed-limit. In one case they just forget about you and put up the sign, in the second case they retrieve your driving-license for one month - not very consistent if you ask me.
And this is the main point here: if you run a mmorpg you have to be consistant with handling such situations, otherwise people will lose all trust in you. This ban is the result of blind actionism, and con not be justified however you look at it.

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by old.Niljindil

Edit: What i mean is, if they actually planned it out from the beginning like "hey, worm is bugged, lets go farm him!" then sure, i agree, everyone on the raid would know about "we are gonna go abuse a bug to gain 10 platinum and the best bracer in the game!" and they should all deserve a ban. But as we all should have noticed by now that was not the case.

Exactly! Either people didn't even know about this bug ( hey, not everyone reads vnboards), or if they knew about it and they thought it was long fixed ( as stated here ). The whole raid was only started to kill the silly worm.

S

Sibanac

you cheated you got banned live with it.
All the ppl going 'but i didnt know' well blame the guys on the raid that knew for not telling you it was bug abuse.

If i discover a bug in mIRC that lets me steal your game password you stored on your desktop in a file called daoc-password.txt i report the bug to the makers of mIRC they say they fixed it but they realy didnt is it ok for me to steal your account ? i guess so because you been told not to store your password on your pc and mIRC was supposed to be fixed

as for removing your ill gains, thats kinde hard seals change into items then to tinkering change accounts, used to make other weapons .... en end up in sameone elses inventory

D

Dulak

We are meant to live by a CoC, But does GOA have a CoC with Myhtic, for the way they are meant to run a set of servers running DAOC?

If GOA continue to handle situations like this then I for one will not be playing Mythic games again, due to the number of bugs and unproffesional procedures imposed on me. I will also never play another game run by GOA even if its the next best thing.

GOA have still not replyed to a post I made that is 9 days old now, and If this incident is so bad why have they not replyed to my post on the banning. As customers its our responsibility to make companies acheive higher standards of service, to keep them from ripping us off.

It seams to be atrend with american based online games when a middle party runs a set of servers in europe that the eropeans get a back seat in any deailing with the games run.

Put a stop to it.

O

old.Thanatlos

killed mobs, dropped stuff... why the hell is that against the rules? because it didn't drop the things it should? hell, we don't get free days when big mobs we hunt drop only bags of coins, why ban someone for playing the game and stumbling on GOA's mistake (stumbling, ie not setting out to exploit a known bug).

Bug was found, was reported, items should have been removed and be done with it.. Banning is just silly imo, overzealous reaction of GOA to prove they don't understand anything.

So far they tried to limit people from farming bugs that have been corrected in future patches in the US, if they did that properly like they said they had then there would have been no problem and everyone would have lottoed for 1 or 2 bracers.

Hell, now i'm afraid to hunt mobs anymore since it 'might' drop something it shouldn't and i'll be banned for killing it...

D

Dulak

GOA finally reply to my post

"In the light of yours and others responses on the topic, we have decided to reduce the suspension of the involved accounts to 3 days instead of the 7 it was first set to. Also speaking for a lower penalty was that few to none of the involved people had previous records of exploiting.

Note that our logs confirm that people knew there was a bug involved in the raid and that the worm was kept alive for an hour in order to get the most of it. Although exploiting was not the original intent of the raid, this is considered bug exploiting"

But a ban is still unacceptable for a bug that was meant to be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom