Account bannings for worm incident

Y

Yussef

If I remember correctly, a mob summoned by a boss should only drop if it can be summoned once, however, Apocalypse summons adds when deaths occur, I am unsure if they drop loot.

So technically worms shouldn't be dropping loot anyway.

O

old.Nol

If it was me, I would have kept on, it's not my job to ensure that bugs are fixed. It's not even my job to know what mobs drop what, I hit them, they drop stuff and I take it. If they keep dropping, who am I to argue?

I don't have access to the code, I don't even know people who do, but I do pay people for a service, part of which is to make sure that these bugs are fixed, so that my mates and I can continue hitting things, that drop stuff.

If GOA knew about the bug(if they didn't, then that's a whole new can of worms), then it's their responsibility to make sure it does not get abused and give fair warning of the consequences if it does, as in the necro LOS case(hiding pet in walls).

S

Spamb0t

Originally posted by [PDC]Alexie
Jealous ?
methinks so, if that was 50 albs doing it, they would have done EXACTLY the same, and if you was there you would do it too , so dont give the *cheat blah blah* Bullshit when ure a hippocrit, noone would turn down 630diamond seals and 3 bracers, not for shit.

still cheating bugabusing scum though o_O

Q

Qte Eth

yes yes ,all are innocent \m/

and if someday each fin start dropping 1M ppl will just farm em to get 1000m and then say like wtf?i didnt knew how much should they drop,i am teh innocent

and this bug has been mentioned by kemor at least so ppl knew about it on EU, and yes they cant (or dont want to) fix some things or bugs but still ban cought ppl exploiting-abusing ( radar for example)

D

Drakhai

I find it amuzing that some of the people that participated but didn't get banned got to keep their loot (yes, they still had the loot on the characters they participated with). GOA-favouritism?

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by Drakhai
I find it amuzing that some of the people that participated but didn't get banned got to keep their loot (yes, they still had the loot on the characters they participated with). GOA-favouritism?

Goa not having a clue and showing thier usual inconsistancy and lazyness more like

O

old.Laryssa

afaik the bug was discussed on VNBoards long time ago and mythic fixed it - GOA was just too lazy or afraid of changing some more spreadsheets :D

M

mastade

Originally posted by Qte Eth
well to those who dont understand in what way economy is ruined-before there was like less then 10 total WW on hibernia ,each of em cost their owners lotsa effort luck and time ,and if u sell em u can easy get 5p+ imo i guess,when there is suddenly 120 more of em guess what happens to those guys who had real WW and didnt participate in this bug abuse hunt ?and yeah price would drop down greatly .

uve heard mayhaps about dupes in D2? and ppl get banned for duping etc ,because it ruins game economy,same case here so.

Good that goa react fast and strict here ,not like blizzard what caused D2 to be just full of dupes and removing loads of interest of itemhunts from the game ,because their ban methods arent really fast good and usually come too late.

Why dont just remove the items/seals they got?, instead of banning ALL of em

O

old.Niljindil

I still havent been banned from gaining 15p from the krrzzck village, whats the difference? :)

Not that im complaining, but its a cheap shot from GOA imo.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Novamir
I know Harle/Delura has been banned for 7 days.. which is unfair I think.. people only got 3 day bans for RvR bug exploiting and they deliberately set out to do that. The worm raid was never meant to abuse the bug.

why ban at all since it was a bugg that was stated to be fixed?

G

Gahldir

nah id ruin daoc economy and hope none notice that :rolleyes:

yes, less then 10p extra on 50 chars deffo ruins the economy ;)

imo

Mythic got attention of this bugg and aressed it and afaik GOA posted that they had fixed it on thier site aswell. now, regarding this, the worm should work as intended.

think it's way to harsh to ban ppl exploiting a bug that GOA was unable to fix.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by 1234Taz
Myabe next time you'll think before EXPLOITING bugs :p

stop doing raids to the epic SI-dungeon in alb as we "all" know that a surtain boss is bugged in this patch and drop far to many drops :rolleyes:

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Aussie-
so you made 30kx14,9g = 447p and you think thats 'fair' =p
the 'ban' is prolly to restore everything, not a punishment

and this is comming from a guy who was gonna try to farm the worm. (check Niljs link etc)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.Thanatlos
Hell, now i'm afraid to hunt mobs anymore since it 'might' drop something it shouldn't and i'll be banned for killing it...

correct.

will albion now stop killng and picking up the loot from the bugged mob in thier SI-dungeon? I hope so, cuz I hope that GOA do not make an example and then don't follow this up.

maybe a lill silly you think? yes and no. worm was stated as fixed. the mob I am talking about (several mobs with shared hp and drops 1(or more?) drops per body) is bugged according to an alb and fixed in a later patch.

imo

ban us all!! :)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by 1234Taz
They cheated they got banned cry more. If you think cheating is ok then fine but I dont think GOA do :p .

oki, let's play with this thought then:

worm is bugged
us ppl find out and exploit
mythic finds out, state that they have fixed the bugg
GoA claims to also have fixed the bugg

now, can there really be a bugg to be abused? in that point of view, no.

iow, they didn't cheat so stfu ;)

1234Taz

Originally posted by [PDC]Alexie
Jealous ?
methinks so, if that was 50 albs doing it, they would have done EXACTLY the same, and if you was there you would do it too , so dont give the *cheat blah blah* Bullshit when ure a hippocrit, noone would turn down 630diamond seals and 3 bracers, not for shit.

Yes ofcourse im jealous of cheats that got caught :rolleyes: , Your morales are all twisted if you think becuase GOA fixed it then it broke again then its ok to cheat, pathic.

wtfpwned cry more, Hes a tip if you cheat dont report your self :clap: /laugh

If calling me names makes you feel better than carry on but then I guess its the only reponce you can come up with after been owned all the time.

/BIG salut to GOA for banning cheats unlike Mythic

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Yussef
If I remember correctly, a mob summoned by a boss should only drop if it can be summoned once

that is correct from what I remember what Mythic said when they fixed the bugg in US

N

-Nuked-

did you wana post the same reply a few more times! just incase someone missed the first 10

G

Gahldir

and if someday each fin start dropping 1M ppl will just farm em to get 1000m and then say like wtf?i didnt knew how much should they drop,i am teh innocent

they moneycap is not even close to 1m tho ;)

T

Trinilim

money cap is 231 plat :p

This was implemented after a money-bug was discovered that let people gain hundreds and hundreds of plat in a day.

D

dieien

my 2c

From my point of view 99% of the people who attended the raid didn't know it was a bugd mob we were going to hunt, i conclude this from the comments i've seen when we got more and more loot and people started saying things like "OMG something sweeeet going on". Maybe some joined in the hope it could still be bugd, but how could they know for sure as hibernia barely has DF access and there aren't many worm hunts going on? it was definitely not the goal of the raid to exploit bugs and gain huge profit from the start, if that would have been the case it wouldn't have been a public raid announced via alliance-chat and a much smaller number of groups would have been involved (besides keeping the worm alive till nobody got any more space to carry loot).

For me it was the best raid i've joined so far, the people's mood when they realized everyone will leave DF with 100+ diamond seals and a bracer without the need to lotto (and maybe lose), when more and more seals and bracers showed up and everyone knew there is enough for everyone and there was no greedy raid leader preclaiming the highest value item we could possibly get on that raid. I'll never forget this and prolly not join any other raid so soon as it can only be worse. Additionally this raid opened my eyes about some realm- and guild-mates who didn't join and how they dealt with that others got lucky. Invaluable imho, i'm so glad to have joined that raid ^^

Anyway i do agree that the seals and bracers need to be removed, can't agree with the suspends though. The opportunity made thiefs there, doubt many would have joined from the start if it had been told there was a bug abuse involved in the raid. It turned out to be a known bug that has been reported and fixed on US servers, is it the peasant's or the animal's fault if the gate of pasture-grounds was left open and some animals escape? (bad translation hope you get the point, german saying)

one question still on my mind:

how about albs who killed the worm? it surely took them a while to kill it too with 1fg - assuming they got same # of yellow con adds - so they must have gained 100p+ and 15+ bracers each from that raid? did they get suspends aswell? or do they just have friends who can keep their hole shut? :)

threadid=52044
threadid=70855

edit: not allowed to post URLs, copy/paste the threadid and you should be able to find the threads though. -_-

N

nim2003

STUPID WORM!

This is what happened guys - i was there and i have been suspended for the stupid raid.!!

I was in DF - got AS mesg saying WORM RAID! - i thought to myself that sound cool ive got .5 to lvl 50 maybe i can get that from the raid

So our FG went met up with everyone and went to the worm

When we got there, we started killing the worm and every once in a while these little worms come out of it and they drop the bracers and seals (now bear in mind that everyone on this raid had auto s off except the GL), so we got the worm down to about 30% and peeps started saying dont kill it , DONT KILL IT, i rarely go on raids so i had to do what they were telling me (didnt want to get everyone killed lol ) , i had no idea why. so we kept going and kept the worm at about 10% life and these worms kept comming out, i then found ou that this worm had dropped loads and loads of bracers and seals and tbh i was happy, but at the same time i had no idea it was a bug of any kind, if i had known i wouldnt have gone on the stupid raid, once we split all the seals we got about 640 diamond seals each and 2 bracers each, then i found out that it was a bug and that this worm never ever drops stuff like that, so what could i do? turn back time? tell GOA and get myself of the hook and everyone else suspended? well i did neither. now im banned for something i was completely and utterly clueless about until it was too late!. I CAN UNDERSTAND THE BANNING - but i dont agree with me and some of the other peeps that were there that had no idea wtf was going on!. if you want to ban someone suspend the peeps that were shouting out DONT KILL IT, DONT KILL IT!

Not the peeps that were saying wtf is going on lol , what are they dropping etc cos they had no idea until it was too late!

anyway

cya all in 7 days

P.S dont get me wrong - i think i had done wrong, but not knowingly! one thing is for sure - i will never go on any raid again lol - its not worth it and i didnt even ding out of it lol - but i did after doing fins - DING 50 nimronn eld voidey! :)

bye peeps

G

Gesp

Re: STUPID WORM!

Originally posted by nim2003
I was in DF - got AS mesg saying WORM RAID!
Then u should have seen 'Danita: worm is teh bugged, seals and bracers for everyone' too i suppose.

D

Dulak

Anyone else reported to goa about only a 2 day extention on our accounts for a 3 day ban, where when we were on 7 day ban we had 7 days extension?

remember the +1 day on its own for server crash.

W

WIZ@RD_of_W@R

hmmmm.......

Could this be the reason for Midgard Falls? :m00:

O

old.Reno

Re: Re: STUPID WORM!

Originally posted by Gesp
Then u should have seen 'Danita: worm is teh bugged, seals and bracers for everyone' too i suppose.

Read before posting imo.

Danita

O

old.Nol

and this bug has been mentioned by kemor at least so ppl knew about it on EU, and yes they cant (or dont want to) fix some things or bugs but still ban cought ppl exploiting-abusing ( radar for example)

When and where did kemor mention it?

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.Nol
When and where did kemor mention it?

general forum for both english servers (the none serverspecific general forum that is) i think.

Users who are viewing this thread