Account bannings for worm incident

A

Amadon

i'm disgusted with the ban

the fact that they punish their customers for their own laziness or incompetence is what disgusts me

deleting the items is all they should have done

i wasnt on the raid btw

C

censi

I reckon they deleted a few items but most are still in circulation

Q

Qte Eth

and made sure this wont happen nemore even if they dont fix bug

O

old.Niljindil

Oh and FYI, i gained about 15 plats(and so did LOTS of others too) farming the Krrzzck village, i didnt get a ban for that t.t

Same thing really, but in this case people actually didnt know they were abusing a bug until they got there. A 7 day ban AND removal of items gained is extremely weak in my opinion.

Oh and in danitas case they didnt even investigate, seems they removed diamond gear NOT gained from the bug also which is just pure bs imo. :sleeping:

A

Aussie-

so you made 30kx14,9g = 447p and you think thats 'fair' =p
the 'ban' is prolly to restore everything, not a punishment

Z

zapzap

U cheat and get cought u pay
Dont do the crime if u cant do the time

Zapsi

O

old.Garax

What makes me laugh is the people like censi who are nearly crying that there is a great influx of WW's now in the game, and how unfair that if you had an original wormwrap that you would have maybe had to pay loads for it.

I bought my wormskin for 7p back in the day, and tbh i don't give a fuck how many have suddenly appeared, not like i'm going to lose sleep over it or anything, or feel robbed by a bug. So a few people will have a rather nice bracer, just remember that most people have managed to do their sc templates without a bracer and cap all stats anyway.

As for the week ban from GOA on all the people who participated, thats just a total outrage. I know quite a few people who participated on that raid who wouldnt have had a fuckin clue that there was a bug that had first surfaced on the VN boards about this farming exploit. So as far as they are concerned they took part in a worm raid that went horrible wrong that now leaves them with a 7 day ban, which they took part in in total ignorance. Just goes to show GOA are a bunch of fuck-witts, if they knew about the bug and didnt make it more publically known and then jump all over innocent people who didnt have the foggiest about the bug.

E

--Eraser--

im sorry for u hibs who got this stupid ban!

cant say i wouldnt have "exploit" this bug as well, even more with kemors CLEARLY statement in march that this "bug" has been fixed already...

and not alll players read BW forums, you cant ask them to do that...so until theres a OFICCIAL statement on the official site (there's also nothing in the patchnotes afaik) lets flame GOA for this shit!

btw do the ppls have to pay for the week even when they re banned? :m00:
:puke:

R

Rollie_David

they were banned 1) to be made an example of, i.e goa wont tolerate bug abuse and 2) they just didnt lightly take advantage 120 of the best bracers in the game and 30k? maybe more diamond seals more on average than what most people see in a DAOC career.

This is just like in Ultima guys, duping, gold abuse bugs, abuse them if your willing to accept the punishment. You were caught abusing a bug, its a bug, but dont blame goa for your greediness ;) they didnt force you to prolong the worms death by 40 minutes ;)

S

Sarnat

I can't believe how someone can come here and say he's disgusted when someone who obviously abused a bug gets banned for it. Bind k get brains.

H

<Harle>

Let's take a look at the fuckups goa made here:

First of all handling two completely identical situations in a totally different way. ( Krzzzk/Beliathan: both mobs that dropped more loot than they should - both mobs farmed for cash) -> in one case they fix the bugged mobs, in the other case they ban the farmers.
imo this is a faschistic blatant abuse of power, making them totally unreliable in their judgement and destroying any trust I ever had in them.

Secondly: people who reported the incident didn't get a ban. So you heard someone else reported it and thouhgt " ah, good, at least i don't have to hassle with RightNow then." ? Guess you were wrong, you get banned if you don't report it yourself! I fail to see the logic behind this.

Lastly they delete every seal, sword, diamond-bar the offending chars had in inventory/vautl - yes, you heard right, no check-up if the items actually were from the raid ( i think Danita lost several 100 diamond-bars from our last week guild-legion-raid - thanks for destroying our guild-housing-fund goa!).
Oh, and people who bought seals/wraps from the raiders were left unpunished, too. I saw crafters buying several thousands of seals from the raiders, and while the raiders are sitting at home suspended from logging in the crafters make a nice profit from it.
So you can always profit from a bug as long as you let others abuse it ;)

What bugs me most is the final line of the mail:

Should further incidents arise in the future, this one will be taken into account when determining the consequences.

Translated this means: we cought you picking up loot, next time you do something we consider a bug (even if you don't know it is one) you get perma-banned. No thanks, i think I'll rather cancel my sub before I deliver myself to this ignorant judgement.

R

Rollie_David

translated this means you got caught knowingly abusing a bug, and now your all pissed off, no matter how you word it, you abused a bug and was caught, goa didnt force you to prolong the death of a lv80+ mob to farm the best bracelet in game for 40-45 mins

H

<Harle>

read, comprehend, reply

Goa has to keep some standards in handeling situations like this. The comparison with the Krzk-village should be enough to show that they don't stick to these standards. This whole banning is a result of blind actionism, and lacks any sort of common sense.

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by <Harle>
i think Danita lost several 100 diamond-bars from our last week guild-legion-raid - thanks for destroying our guild-housing-fund goa!).
I had converted most of the seals into gold already.
I bought about 7 swords before the raid and stashed them after the raid on my second account. Those swords were still there a few hours after Goa took action first.
However my brother's ranger on the same account, purchased about 900 bars worth of salvage junk a few hours after this raid.
This junk was paid for in normal seals, and was salvaged minutes before Goa took action.
These bars are gone from his inventory.

As I'm a crafter I usually have something to salvage or salvaged bars in my vault or on my person.
In this instance I had just finished trinketing all the stuff I had bought from our last Guild farm trip. Had I not done that I have no doubt those bars and swords would have been removed as well.
This can also happen to any other trinketeer on the raid that was punished and still had unsalvaged/untrinketed DF stuff in vault/inventory.

Did Goa have to act fast to remove as much of the seals as possible? Yes.
Did they act to harsh and to rash? Certainly.

Danita

R

Ravenbourne

Personally i think you did wrong, but Goa have made another fuck up in the way they have handled it. The reason behind them treating the krrzck/tree maiden area farming is the amount of work that would of gone into tracking down the hundreds of people who had farmed them, this one was easy or so they thought, ban/spank those that attended the raid. Not sure how they can justify taking everything though even if it wasnt aquired during the raid. thats just lazyness.
Seems they like to punish people for their own failure to sort an apparantly known bug rather than sort real problems such as Celtic Fist's problems with thier ability to speak in the /as

H

<Harle>

Well, so far I've just learn the following:
If you want to bug-exploit feel free to do so, just make sure that:

a) you report yourself so you don't get banned/suspended
b) move any gains to another account so they don't get deleted

btw, i've updated the thread on the CF-boards with their (and mine) latest reply, so if you're bored... (link was somewhere further up)

N

-Nuked-

yep they did do wrong, but spining a 'wheel of punishment' back in the goa offices to decide how it should be delt with is not right. have a set policy and stick to it imo. cant reroll items for 1 bug and give a weeks ban for another! especially when its reported to them by the people who did the raid!

X

Xeanor

Qte said what had to be said, in a perfect way. And I fully agree with him. Things like this can really screw up the economy. What if GOA didn't ban them and just deleted the items? Other people would think: "hmmm... well we can try to do it too and if they don't notice we have l0ts of money, if they do, we just lose it but it was worth trying" and that would really screw some things up.

H

<Harle>

Matter of fact is they didn't delete most of the items. If you had actually taken the time to read this thread you would have stumbled across the lines where I explained that only items on the offending chars accounts were deleted. Anything you traded to another account is still there.
I'm just glad i didn't own a regular ww from earlier raids, because i'm pretty sure they would have just deleted that one aswell.

I

ilaya

been playing alb/pryd and find this thread and i have to say i am shocked that people can get banned for someone elses mistake.. there shouldn't be ANY bugs in this game whatsoever!
If your car was broke when u bought it u would take it right back and get it fixed!
yet we buy this game and its bugged to hell.. we buy SI and half of it aint finished. and when things are, erm, abused (how are we meant to know if we only play the game and dont read forums/news etc..) people get banned?!!

utter bullshit imo. banned for someone elses lack of ability to fix a damn bug.

btw... noticed a couple of months ago that there was a thread by moriaana about the most gold you could get from loot, and some albs posted something about a bow that would sell for more than 2 plat to merchants.
what i would like to know is how many people got 7 day bans for doing that.. does anyone know? just interested...

pissed off and i wasnt even there.. utter disgrace.

oh! anyone remember mids fixing doors from inside keeps without los? and yet u needed los to hit the damn doors in first place?.. hib-ism..

R

Rollie_David

if you knew anything about software you would know one thing, ALL software products are released with bugs, it always happens. Games, software packages like office etc etc are all riddled with bugs when released same as windows, it is impossible to have an online game which is updated so often bug free, impossible.

D

Dulak

What a day to finally fix my machine. Have been crashig to desktop and having blue screens of death.
Joined the Worm raid as I needed to test my machine and
got banned too.

Got 2 bracers and 630 seals = 42 swords at 15 seals each
= 4200 diamond bars = 9.2 plat approx.

To clear things up when loot was divided there were 4 FG and I think 3 to 5 left over peeps. Everyone got 2 bracers 630 seals, and rest or bracers were lotto'ed, never saw a seal lotto.

I have been reporting to GOA CS for over a week with my problems and no reply to my issues, I have replyed to GOA CS
about my ban issue also with no reply.

Couple question's:

1.How did you get an answer from them?
2.Do I get charged for the seven days of the ban?
3.Is anyone gonna get a petition going to stop playing DAOC,
For a period of time to show who really holds the strings?
(Flame away is a silly question, and totally unrealistic)
4.Did the players with 2 accounts or more get all their accounts banned, as if they did not, then its not really a ban as they can play their other account. Leaving people like me with 1 account on a 7 day ban.

(My first post, just signed up for BW account, been playing DAOC 2 to 3 years since first release.)

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by Dulak

Got 2 bracers and 630 seals = 42 swords at 15 seals each
= 4200 diamond bars = 9.2 plat approx.

dont want to be too harsh here but, 9.2 plat for 40 mins work+2 of the best bracers in game worth about 5-7 plat each totalling over 20 plat for 40mins work, and some of you question the motives for banning?

S

Son

GOA = steaming pile of froggy shit.

If they spent a little time conversing with their customers maybe we wouldnt think so little of them.

H

<Harle>

Actually I'm not sure why I got a reply and you didn't. I used the normal RightNow interface on the homepage. As you can see if you read the thread on CF-boards I tried to remain civil and calm in my replies, since I thought there would be a higher chance of getting a reply than if I used offensive language - well, and so far I got a reply each time I answered there.

And btw: the raid took about 2-3 hours (including setting up groups, getting to the worm and distributing and counting loot). Don't wanna think about what a good group could have farmed at Krzk in that amount of time.

And of course I question the motives for banning: the items in question were removed, the banning doesn't help anyone - especially not, if you only ban those peeps who didn't report it.

N

-Nuked-

on the other hand would you wana talk to people who talk about them like we do :( no wonder they dont converse with us

still though, first warning should be issued b 4 the ban, its like being in the office at work and the boss telling 1 member of staff something and expecting everyone to know about it!

S

Son

Originally posted by -Nuked-
on the other hand would you wana talk to people who talk about them like we do :( no wonder they dont converse with us

You think we would talk about them like we do if they actually gave a little of their time to customer relations instead of sticking their heads up their arses and not taking a blind bit of notice?

D

Dulak

Hey I agree that the amount of gold is silly in terms of 1 mob kill,
dont get me wrong there.

The only thing that is out of order is a 7 day ban. Up until I got the ban I had no idea it was a bug exploit. I had never seen the worm on the 3 or 4 raids I had previously done. As I was in DF at the time I thought I would go along and see it. In the 2 to 3 years of playing this game I have never been in a situation where I was one of the offending members of a bug exploit. When I was given the seals at the end of the raid and the 2 bracers I felt overwelmed, as I have never been able to raise enough cash to kit 1 char with SC armour and weapons let alone all my 50's, like some have. I only have 1 account and cannot join groups and get twice the money from killing mobs as the loot is split between the chars in the group.
Since the TS focus pulling groups I was roughly getting maybe 100 gold a week and that increased to 300 gold a session (4 hours hunting), not including salvage. I have 1 LGM tailor who dont make any money from his craft, as people can get their botts to do theri tailoring for them. It dont cost much to make a LGM tailor compared to other crafts. And the returns are non existant companared to them either.

I do disagree that the americans get treated differently from us, and that know bugs should be made aware to the european players on our own site, as most of the news on the american servers have nothing to do with us. Set rules should be made apparent to the players, and consequences for legitimate exploiting be made clear. To have a double standard when it comes to each bug is not on.

If GOA were to keep our servers upto date with the current patches as they come out, and not change them to meet a different criteria, due to the european servers not being a carbon copy of the american servers, then this would not be an issue.

However as I see things at the moment is we pay a slightly increased amount each month more than the americans, and as 1 of many english only speaking players I have 2 servers to play the basic DAOC setup on, as PvP server is a one off server that I am not interested in. I would like to be able to play with my account in all 3 realms. I have not had a CS report answered in over a week and still not had a reply from my ban report, where others have. I pay the same money ( or do I as I only have 1 account). The game is full of bugs and with all software its up to the developers of the software to sort these out. If the software is live then this process should be of upmost importance and not left several months until we get the next patch. GOA knew about the worm bug for several months as people have mentioned in above reply's we should never have got to the ban stage, if they had got their work done.

1 more question, how long does it take, or will it take to sort out the Hib/exc chronicles, they been down for what seams six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom