Account bannings for worm incident

N

Novamir

I know Harle/Delura has been banned for 7 days.. which is unfair I think.. people only got 3 day bans for RvR bug exploiting and they deliberately set out to do that. The worm raid was never meant to abuse the bug.

S

saltymcpepper

hib seems to be full of people that think "hey someone made a quick few plat, 2 uber bracers and i missed it. ill just get them banned cos i havent got ubah bracers aswell"

E

Easdown

bah i have had mine banned for 7 days aswell pure bulls**t imo no-one went in there knowing that we'd get so many bracers and seals

M

~Mobius~

You saw the mob was bugged and continued to farm it though.

O

old.chipper

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
hib seems to be full of people that think "hey someone made a quick few plat, 2 uber bracers and i missed it. ill just get them banned cos i havent got ubah bracers aswell"

avtually salty it was danita who reported it to RN so im told in guild chat

but the 7 day suspension is total bullshit yet another show of total lack of intelect brought you by goa the frog twats who got it in for the english servers!

S

saltymcpepper

Originally posted by mobiusmid
whats up crybaby jealous you didnt get quick money?

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
whats up crybaby jealous you didnt get quick money?

I wasnt even there, its just silly to complain since you(people who was there) obviously exploited it, as if goa are just going to let you get away with it.

H

<Harle>

How can you know if it is not intended what a mob drops if you have never hunted it before ?
Where is this "bug" documented on the official european daoc-pages?

S

Spamb0t

yee cause its normal that yellow or whatever mobs keep dropping a load of bracers and seals ;0

C

censi

just to give the post some meaning can someone explain what actually happend.

S

saltymcpepper

I wasnt even there, its just silly to complain since you(people who was there) obviously exploited it, as if goa are just going to let you get away with it.

LOL i wasnt even there m8, havent been on a df raid for 3 months ^^, just like to watch pathetic people like you whine thats all :)

O

old.chipper

necros continued to exploit los bug just as chanters did did they all get banned ? i think not

is goa going over the top AGAIN

M

~Mobius~

I didnt realise I was whining. o_O

Censi : The adds that spawn whilst the Worm in DF is alive were dropping Wormskin Wraps and Diamond seals, tons of them. And as long as the worm is alive they keep on spawning = unlimited seals/bracers.

S

Spamb0t

Originally posted by censi
just to give the post some meaning can someone explain what actually happend.

some went to kill the worm.. and those small worms or whatever he spawns dropped lotsa seals and bracers... and they farmed those without killing the worm... and *from what ive heard* everyone on the raid got 2 wormskin wraps and 630 diamond seals each ;o

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by Spamb0t
yee cause its normal that yellow or whatever mobs keep dropping a load of bracers and seals ;0

About as normal as yellow/orange Krzk-mobs dropping nice scale-drops with every kill. Don't think anyone got suspended for farming there, did they ?

N

-Nuked-

fyi the bug should have been fixed a while back, when hibs found out the worm had poped the message wasnt 'the worm is bugged everyone come farm it for all its worth' so i would guess not as many knew as you seem to think. stop being such a dick imo, its just a game and being banned for a bug that was suposed 2 be fixed is stupid especially when you pay to play.

O

old.chipper

this happened in the US but did goa do anything to make sure it didnt happen no they didnt.
removing the seals and wraps is fine imo it balances things out

a 7 day ban is fuking ludicrous

S

Sarnat

And it was a well known bug earlier from the US servers. Whining about being greedy and stupid at the same time and ending up banned... I just don't get it.

Edit: and Mythic makes the patches, not GOA, FYI.

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by Sarnat
And it was a well known bug earlier from the US servers. Whining about being greedy and stupid at the same time and ending up banned... I just don't get it.

I didn't know european players were required to read US-daoc-sites to keep themselves updated about possible bugs they might encounter when they set out to hunt a mob.

And regarding your edit: GOA can adjust drop-rates from mobs ( as they did with mentioned Krzk-village), so actually it's goas fault that this wasn't fixed. We just wanted to hunt that silly worm when we set out for the raid, nothing more.

R

Raine

LoL.... Was in RVR grp when I recieved a msg about being teleported back to drum ligen (vault keeper), then was going to exit the game. Banned 7 days - Hib gonna be alittle more quiet than usual, was a good 50 peeps down there at the time.

--------------------------------
Shenko - lvl50 Nightshade - LGAlch - I make proc - Love u longtime
Raine - lvl50 Warden - Bubbler / Guardians of the Grove
Bebhin - lvl50 Valewalker - Official Guild Gardener - Foundations
Pockets - lvl50 Mentalist - All round nice person........

Q

Qte Eth

hmm ppl abuse bug and get banned ,ne problems ?Oo

if they werent abusing bug theyd kill the worm so

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Qte Eth
hmm ppl abuse bug and get banned ,ne problems ?Oo

if they werent abusing bug theyd kill the worm so

and the angel you are you would notice something is odd and just walk away from it? :rolleyes:

S

saltymcpepper

GOA have done this on purpose imo, to weaken the realm so that mids/albs can take our relics this weekend :/

Q

Qte Eth

nah id ruin daoc economy and hope none notice that :rolleyes:

N

-Nuked-

ok we take shifts to guard the relics.. salty you start 01:00saturday - 23:50sunday .. ill take over after that

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by Qte Eth
nah id ruin daoc economy and hope none notice that :rolleyes:

omg, there are 50 people who made 6 plats!! The whole daoc economy is ruined!! Quick, stock up on food-supplies, this is the end of the world!!!

P

Pempulla

Well, to be honest, it is not like people on that raid didn't right away notice and yell 'OMG! BUGGED WORM!' etc. and yet continued the trip successfully farming lots and lots of wormskin wraps, seals, etc.

But the fact is also that the people that went on that raid NEVER set out on that raid to 'exploit a bug'. Opportunity made the thief here and if there is anyone that can say he/she would have performed any differently than those people now suspended(=not continued with the raid resulting in a vast amount of seals, etc.): I don't believe this person.

It is already a harsh punishment if GOA seeks out the seals, items dropped and wipes them clean (...some people are going to be falling from pretty high, but this 'punishment' would seem justified at least?...) and I understand that this means quite a bit of extra work for GOA too, so surely they are a bit 'pissed' there too.
Did anyone get suspended (...or even punished?) for farming Krrrzzzck town in World's end (which was also a familiar 'bug' from the US servers)? Is there really any way to know for which 'bug abuse' you get suspended for and for which you don't?

Maybe GOA should do their homework better about the patches Mythic feeds them and warn their customers about all specific bugs introduced in them that are likely to cause a ban/suspension if abused.

Is there a hib that has leveled in CM killing abysmals, whatever and has never 'accidentally' fallen into a hole in the wall near abysmals to get out?

Users who are viewing this thread