About the LA and SZ's..

E

etcetra

I never heard ANY whine about SB's being overpowered pre LA-nerf.. Just about those overpowered wtfpwn zerkers 2 shotting casters and all that.. And now everyone says: "you had your days pre LA nerf" to dem poor shadowzerkers. And it didnt seem like SB's won every fight they had and so on.. Or is this just me? Please enlighten me..

T

thorondorito

well, one sz hit my armsman for 7XX cant remember the exactly amount of damage (was on pre NERF of course)

I can remember lots of sz's attacking the enemies with no PA, in fact they just ran to the enemy (me in much cases, im a tank with ip+purge etc etc) and launched the LA styles on me and all i could say is OMG what a damage. Maybe GOA exagerated with the nerf, but 1 thing was sure, it needed a nerf.

This is my honest opinion. Im not trying to be right or wrong i just placed my feelings :p

To be honest i think stealther fights are more equal now.

S

Solid

Originally posted by thorondorito
well, one sz hit my armsman for 7XX

Lol stop making up stories.

LA style caps were not even close to 400 for Shadowblades so I dunno how you claim to have got HIT for 7XX, and on the class with the highest absorb armour in the game to boot.

Either you were level 10 or your the biggest liar to bless these fair boards :D

D

Danya

Originally posted by etcetra
I never heard ANY whine about SB's being overpowered pre LA-nerf.. Just about those overpowered wtfpwn zerkers 2 shotting casters and all that.. And now everyone says: "you had your days pre LA nerf" to dem poor shadowzerkers. And it didnt seem like SB's won every fight they had and so on.. Or is this just me? Please enlighten me..
Was just you. SBs got whined about plenty pre-nerf.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by thorondorito
well, one sz hit my armsman for 7XX cant remember the exactly amount of damage (was on pre NERF of course)

I can remember lots of sz's attacking the enemies with no PA, in fact they just ran to the enemy (me in much cases, im a tank with ip+purge etc etc) and launched the LA styles on me and all i could say is OMG what a damage. Maybe GOA exagerated with the nerf, but 1 thing was sure, it needed a nerf.

This is my honest opinion. Im not trying to be right or wrong i just placed my feelings :p

To be honest i think stealther fights are more equal now.

Only way an SB would hit a tank for 700+ damage is with a 2h weapon and PA. That is ofc if your sitting/got crap resists/crap armour/unbuffed (pick any of those)

Now PA would indicate no LA in use. So that little story of yours is exactly that.

My hardest hit i ever had on my pre-nurfed to s**t SZ was 359 damage with Comeback the evade reactionary. Yes it was overpowered. Ohh the target i hit for 359.. had poor resists (~15% slash resist) and was unbuffed (no spec AF).

Now with 44 Axe, 39 LA Frosty Gaze is lucky to break 170 damage using an MP 4.2 Spd 1h Axe, yet i can break upwards of 180+ with Duel Shadows using a 3.5 spd Guarded Rapier on my Infil... /boggle

fyi Frosty Gaze has a slightly higher growth rate than Duel Shadows.. 0.9x as apposed to 0.87 for DS.

S

salamurhaaja

I had wicked damage difference whit my sz [I was 8L9 in that pic].
When fighting vs same target I usually hit whole lotta different damage [dunno reason].

EDIT: mids had +20% melee

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by salamurhaaja
I had wicked damage difference whit my sz [I was 8L9 in that pic].
When fighting vs same target I usually hit whole lotta different damage [dunno reason].

EDIT: mids had +20% melee

Judging by the huge damage difference between your first few swings and the final swing i would hazzard to guess that final style was for cap damage ;p

B

bigchief

just to put a 'normal spec' sb and a 'sz' pre nerf into perspective

A buffed necro pet with red con buffs

Normal spec does PA chain, pet ends fight on half hp

SZ does no PA, pet ends fight on a pixel.

Bearing mind thats ~75% absorb on the pet hes gotta hit pretty damn hard.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by bigchief
just to put a 'normal spec' sb and a 'sz' pre nerf into perspective

A buffed necro pet with red con buffs

Normal spec does PA chain, pet ends fight on half hp

SZ does no PA, pet ends fight on a pixel.

Bearing mind thats ~75% absorb on the pet hes gotta hit pretty damn hard.

that pre or post nurf ;p

cos pre nurf LA was overpowered.

even now on a necro pet soon as you land the str/con debuff that pet will drop fast wether you perf or not.

G

gudrex

Perhaps the SZ was owerpowered pre 1.62...but far from every SB where a SZ.....compare that to how it is today when ALL infils are owerpowered, slash OR thrust. And a SZ still had to give up something to deal that kind of dmg, while an infil still can specc high in all his 5 skills

J

jua-

Originally posted by etcetra
I never heard ANY whine about SB's being overpowered pre LA-nerf
ofc you didnt. You are in prydwen. Salamourhaaja for example an excal sz who could actually do evade styles and stuns could take out 2 infs at a time.... With relics it was a very sad moment. I remember i was doing /who emain it was only me and Remi only 2 infs playing at emain the rest had given up quite sad... now there are like 30 ++ and it wasnt just sz, even 5 spec sbs were the same shit for example rayne.

A

Arlone

Originally posted by gudrex
Perhaps the SZ was owerpowered pre 1.62...but far from every SB where a SZ.....compare that to how it is today when ALL infils are owerpowered, slash OR thrust. And a SZ still had to give up something to deal that kind of dmg, while an infil still can specc high in all his 5 skills

slash infs overpowered now too? darn, I thought everyone was whining on DF and the fact that thrust-infs had a 3-5 second longer stun than SB/NS. Slash infs doesn't even have a stun-style (except CD ofcourse that all assasins got) and still we're overpowered?

makes you wonder...

:sleeping:

O

old.tuppe

is it really zerk who was able 2 shot caster?
st classes 1 shot my rm, how about those 2h alb/hibs, reaver whit positional?
why didnt these classes get any nerf? :)
if i am using vendo against casters, and get lucky crit, (range 1-99%) why cannot 2 shot caster?
tryed just for fun once in emain and using havoc + follow up, didnt kill whit 2 hit caster.
suprise, shortly after this eat grass.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by old.tuppe
if i am using vendo against casters, and get lucky crit, (range 1-99%) why cannot 2 shot caster?

so you dont see the problem with dual wield doing as much dmg as 2h ?

C

Cyradix

And now we can start whining about mercfils. :D

I ran into a RR3 inf this weekend. I usually beat them but this one proceeded to beat me into a pulp for 300-350 damage/swing. I tried several times but even with PA/CD/SS + debuff I didn't even get close to beating him....

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to start remembering the names of mercfils so I can run like hell when I see them ;)

C

constanze

Originally posted by old.tuppe
tryed just for fun once in emain and using havoc + follow up, didnt kill whit 2 hit caster.
suprise, shortly after this eat grass.

rofl reaver got the first nerf... they where sooooooo overpowerd they nerfed lifedrain shout from 15 to 30 s and reavers dont get det 4 ip purge with rr4 l 8 like fotm savage

Z

zapzap

Let them keep DF but at a cost of loosing something 2.2 spec is better.

Zapsi

S

scarffs

Exactly.
A style is a style, fine, but why in the hell more specpoints then every other assassin ??

P

pudzy

La was Overpowered imo, needed a nerf obviousely, what they got was a completely rediculus nerf, and SB's got wtfpwned by Mythic and were'nt even handed a full skill respec from it, Sb's were slightly Overpowered with the La but not asmuch as inf's with DF imo, anyways, /wubs Lurikeen Nightshade's :(

L

Lubricador

Originally posted by Cyradix

I ran into a RR3 inf this weekend. I usually beat them but this one proceeded to beat me into a pulp for 300-350 damage/swing. I tried several times but even with PA/CD/SS + debuff I didn't even get close to beating him....

lol ? 300 each hit ? you on drugs man ?

G

gudrex

Originally posted by Lubricador
That is not unusual dmg to come from a slashinfil on a shadowblade.

C

Cyradix

Originally posted by Lubricador

No I'm not on drugs. But I really did think I was hallucinating the first time it happened to me. :)

T

thorondorito

Originally posted by Solid
Lol stop making up stories.

LA style caps were not even close to 400 for Shadowblades so I dunno how you claim to have got HIT for 7XX, and on the class with the highest absorb armour in the game to boot.

Either you were level 10 or your the biggest liar to bless these fair boards :D

Maybe a critical?? I just said what i saw.

Edit: Maybe a hit of 400+1XX(other weap)+critical with both weapons. Maybe it was a strange hit, 1 of a million. But i know when im hitted for quite big amount of damage :p Of course i had the epic and i was unbuffed, the SB was rr8 and that happened.
I saw a pic in this thread showing an amount of 460 damage with no criticals in weapons, add 100 damage in each weapon with the critical and ull get 660 damage, and thats near the amount i said. Of course one friend told me a zerker hit him for 1000+ with a style. True False? dunno he was an armsman too (wearing epic and unbuffed too)

B

Borat

Slashinfil´s hits me for twice the dmg i hit them for. Yesterday i fought an ressill slashinfil, and our dmg was about the same.
Todays Slashinfil´s = pre nerfed shadowzerkers.

U

umilard

You comparing your unbuffed damage vs Araudry with mota5 buffbot then i guess? :p

Also remember your armor is vuln against slash and that alb have more strrelics.

B

Borat

Originally posted by umilard
You comparing your unbuffed damage vs Araudry with mota5 buffbot then i guess? :p

Also remember your armor is vuln against slash and that alb have more strrelics.

No, i was fully buffed by a mota3 shammy, arauddry where ressill. We did about the same dmg.

L

living

Ya god knows my zerker 2hitted some unbuffed infils in hes time, only thing was that even with MOP3 and vendo that would happen 1 out of 50 times (required 90%+ crits).

Now be4 the nerf someone like Sst on excal could run down to my buffed zerker, unstealthed and beat the living crap out of me unless i IP'ed wich dident help much then cuz he would do the same.. Ofc he was about 4 rr's higher than me tho :)

Zerkers needed a nerf but they DID overdo it, imo Infils dont need a nerf, SBs and NS's need lub.

Users who are viewing this thread