Nice little story (about relic)

O

Oldbone O

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Hibs were very very unlucky, they actually did very good if that was just the hib relic force we saw in collory(40 hibs or so?) , heh maybe you will get it next time, you was very very close.
there was no relic force, we where 1-5ppl that messed around near the alb RK during the day, at the end it was 3fg hibs top.

All the credit to Maleg that managed to organise this with so few ppl.

O

old.Morchaoron

this is how it went

we were joking about the relic ;p

picserver.jpeg

then we decided to go for it and got it (check the inventory)

picserver.jpeg

then we returned it

picserver.jpeg

this is when i took the relic (check the info chat)
picserver.jpeg

I

ilaya

well.. absolutely fantanstic job on getting relic in first place hib.. i really do mean that.. u shoulda got it imo

BUT.. i STILL cant believe to lack of co-ordination in albion.. nobody even knew WHO took the bloody relic in my now ex-/as..

was a lot of peeps in cg yes.. but as soon as the relic was recaptured.. was SOOOO many people left cg and went back to df to farm seals.. i mean ffs!

defense of realm and relics should >>>>>> personal wealth.. i was a 38 necro who was close to ding who dropped my exping to try help get that bugger back..

not sure if it says more about Albion or me tbh.. but i think it was shocking.... Alb didnt deserve to retake after all the peeps leaving cg. I will fight until the bugger is back in shrine, not when some one tells me its safe. no matter what level i am.

prydwen/albion has a LOT to learn about relic defense.. and what they mean.. was proved to me today.. Hib desevered that relic for pure balls, albs got it back by pure numbers.. not skill, certainly not co-opertation.

beginning to think pryd really IS the N00B server for albs after that pathetic retake.. things WILL change mind u.. i will see to that. df> relic? plz.. shame on everyone who logged when /cg said relic was in briefine..

I

ilum

Originally posted by ilaya
well.. absolutely fantanstic job on getting relic in first place hib.. i really do mean that.. u shoulda got it imo

BUT.. i STILL cant believe to lack of co-ordination in albion.. nobody even knew WHO took the bloody relic in my now ex-/as..

When Hibs use trebuchets on doors and dont kill a single guard we have no way of knowing if anyone's there other than having people camped at the power relic fort constantly.

not sure if it says more about Albion or me tbh.. but i think it was shocking.... Alb didnt deserve to retake after all the peeps leaving cg. I will fight until the bugger is back in shrine, not when some one tells me its safe. no matter what level i am.

prydwen/albion has a LOT to learn about relic defense.. and what they mean.. was proved to me today.. Hib desevered that relic for pure balls, albs got it back by pure numbers.. not skill, certainly not co-opertation.

beginning to think pryd really IS the N00B server for albs after that pathetic retake.. things WILL change mind u.. i will see to that. df> relic? plz.. shame on everyone who logged when /cg said relic was in briefine..

From reading the story in this thread and talking in game it seems to be alb took back the relic with pure skill, completely outnumbered.

S

Skrad

Grats to both the hibs and albs. It sounds like you both had a lot of fun, regardless of the outcome.

It's nice to see a tactical battle over relics rather than the zone-crashing zerg V zerg tactics I remember of old.

J

Jace

Ignoring the obligatory person who has to turn every thread into a whine . . . extremely well done to Hibs. Took us completely by surprise and they should feel very happy with a superb effort.

Shame you didn't get it all the way back but if this is a sign of things to come it can only be a matter of time . . . should be fun :)

O

old.Morchaoron

We knew exactly what to do, when we were at the hib borderkeep we had our plan set up, we knew our objective: Musejedi... ignore all enemies and stay hidden until he passed then we would jump on him and take the relic, since we knew we would be outnumbered and if we would fight the relicforce the carrier would make a run for it....

despite the difficulty we caught the completely off-guard, everyone followed the bard and interrupted the healers that were in his group, then when he went down i took the relic and our tanks PF'd everyone that was on me and i was gone...

it was a perfectly planned hit-and-run mission and everything went our way, hibs could have stopped us but they didnt have a strategy to get the carrier to the relic keep it seems :p

hibs made one critical mistake: relic on the same runner :p

if we didnt deserve this relic then what the hell do we? hibs did a nice job taking the relic without killing any guards, so did we pulling this little trick off with the carrier getting killed in front of their relic keep :rolleyes:

and we got it back through numbers??? OMFG!!!
we were outnumbered and they were guarded by both eclipse AND nolby, get a grip...

T

Talmont

Always fun to see someone who has to turn a fun day of RR into a whine, Hibs got the relics through a daring plan, Albs got the relic back with a even more daring plan, so what is there to whine about, sure some peoplethought the battle was lost and some people didnt and they got the relic back, so stop the whine and thx to Hibs who took the relic and thx to Albs who took it back :)

X

Xeanor

was a lot of peeps in cg yes.. but as soon as the relic was recaptured.. was SOOOO many people left cg and went back to df to farm seals.. i mean ffs!

defense of realm and relics should >>>>>> personal wealth.. i was a 38 necro who was close to ding who dropped my exping to try help get that bugger back..

Welcome to be the first complete idiot in this thread.

We took the relic off them while they had more than double as much players as us present there, retard.

You can go back to excal forums now.

O

old.Downanael

Get sc:ed armor ffs Morch,or we might call you a newb :D

O

[Oo]Escape

Originally posted by tildson
3fg hibs is the most we could gather, pretty sad server as hibbie ;<

If sherekhan, hero in our group would have it, we woulda made it. Dunno why they let a bard carry it :(

Really put the hibbiespirit down, even deeper than before, very sad day :(

Hibernia should be celebrating imo, you might not have kept the relic, but you accomplished a whole lot more... which is going to make relic-guarding a dangerous business on prydwen.

/salute to the raid planner/leader ;)

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by old.Downanael
Get sc:ed armor ffs Morch,or we might call you a newb :D

ITS SIDI FFS MY SET CAPS EVERYTHING!!!

X

Xeanor

would've been ever better if it was epic... tbh... minstrel in epic steals relic from 3fg hibs :p

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Xeanor
Welcome to be the first complete idiot in this thread.

We took the relic off them while they had more than double as much players as us present there, retard.

You can go back to excal forums now.
Congratulation on snatching the Relic back, there was 3FG of Hibs (if that), I saw a FL FG and what looked like another Alb FG so we hardly doubled your numbers ;).

As was said the biggest mistake we made was not switching carrier, but then I never expected to get the Relic in the first place so the latter part of the Raid was completely unplanned. On hindsight we made a number of mistakes (switching carrier being one of them), but I know for sure with the adreline running I wasn't thinking straight - I'm pretty sure a few other Hibs involved were in the same boat.

Finally I would like to thank those Hibs that helped out shame, it made for a very interesting day.

Maleg

O

old.tuppe

nice job hibs, and like someone allready say, sos for the 1win.

A

Ahqmae

Shoulda passed on the relic and left with 4-5 grps :eek:

B

bone_idle

Originally posted by Oldbone O
there was no relic force, we where 1-5ppl that messed around near the alb RK during the day, at the end it was 3fg hibs top.

All the credit to Maleg that managed to organise this with so few ppl.

ooooooooo. My dads playing Hib now. :D

I still remember the day i died in rvr once using my BM and you came along and bowed at me. Made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside. Good to see your playing Hib Oldbone.

O

Oldbone O

Im always trying to be polite and /bow after a fight, done it since emotes came.

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Ahqmae
Shoulda passed on the relic and left with 4-5 grps :eek:
Yep, not switching relic carrier was my bad - but wasn't thinking straight. And sadly 3FG was the biggest force we could muster with spamming our /as and DL (that is the sadness of Pryd/Hib).

Still Xeanor got to extend his forum penis but several inch's with this gloat ;) Shame he'll have to start all over again with a fresh (small) forum penis when BW closes down :(

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Maleg_Grumpton
Yep, not switching relic carrier was my bad - but wasn't thinking straight. And sadly 3FG was the biggest force we could muster with spamming our /as and DL (that is the sadness of Pryd/Hib).

Still Xeanor got to extend his forum penis but several inch's with this gloat ;) Shame he'll have to start all over again with a fresh (small) forum penis when BW closes down :(

not exactly a gloat, just wanted to tell people what happened, and this was really our best experience in daoc ever, kinda :)

I

ilaya

oh thanks for all the praise btw.. but seriously.. relic retake crew where great.. but the backup was SHIT.. was posted on /as where relic holder was (mistake?) and also on /cg (mistake?)

i for one will drop EVERYTHING to defend my realm and relics.. shame others wont do same.

and no i wont fuck off back to exc u tit. here to stay. dont like it? tough. i got more inc you wont like either. but by GOD.. we will defend realm we play in.. you had better believe that. Prydwen needs to wake up and smell the coffee. u think exc is an exclusive server where zerg are many and 1fg v 1fg is rare? its coming here too.. sooner u accept it and stop trying to be elite the better u are equiped to deal with it. its the nature of the game.

didnt upgrade the server for your 1fg v 1fg fights did they?

gratz hib yet again on having the balls to take it in first place..

H

hangianix

oh thanks for all the praise btw.. but seriously.. relic retake crew where great.. but the backup was SHIT.. was posted on /as where relic holder was (mistake?) and also on /cg (mistake?)

i for one will drop EVERYTHING to defend my realm and relics.. shame others wont do same.

and no i wont fuck off back to exc u tit. here to stay. dont like it? tough. i got more inc you wont like either. but by GOD.. we will defend realm we play in.. you had better believe that. Prydwen needs to wake up and smell the coffee. u think exc is an exclusive server where zerg are many and 1fg v 1fg is rare? its coming here too.. sooner u accept it and stop trying to be elite the better u are equiped to deal with it. its the nature of the game.

didnt upgrade the server for your 1fg v 1fg fights did they?

gratz hib yet again on having the balls to take it in first place..
Now you are playing in Albion, so please if us albs done something good (not me or you personally and ofc great /respect for the hibs as well, very well executed relic raid) then use the facts (ie: albs were facing against more numbers and _not_ outnumbered them), if you feel in this case that you need praise the hibs and pull down the albs, then delete here and play in Hib on Prywden as well.

A

Aran Thule

Well done all involved, sounds like us hibbies came very close.

Just one question, what time did this happen?

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Aran Thule
Well done all involved, sounds like us hibbies came very close.

Just one question, what time did this happen?
About 20:00 Saturday Afternoon / Evening

O

old.Merino

Grats fellow Hibs

First of all: Grats for pulling this one off, fellow Hibs!
Second: Grats for organizing such a stunner, Maleg!

Originally posted by tildson
3fg hibs is the most we could gather, pretty sad server as hibbie ;<
Really put the hibbiespirit down, even deeper than before, very sad day :(

Third: Don’t despair. The main reason there was no response from fellow Hibs was Hibpryd fractionism. I.E. I logged in that night to farm money in Marfach, when after some time I read a message saying a relic had returned to its shrine in Albion. Ofc I asked on /gu what was going on, and I was told that albs apparently had returned a relic the mids had taken. No talk of Hib RR, neither in /gu nor in /as.
Had I known that fellow Hibs needed reinforcements in Emain to bring a relic home, I’d have gone immediately (short way from Marfach btw) and I know that all my fellow guildies would have come to help as well. But as we didn’t know, how could we help?
No criticism, as you did a good job, just a hint for next time, do a /send to various people in various guilds/alliances so they can spread the word. No need to be specific (if you’re afraid of crossrealm spies or IRC blabberers), just tell people you have a relic inc and need help at APK or MPK Emain.

Yeyi, Mentalist GreenPeacekeepers Guild in Nature’s eye Alliance (Aka Order of the Illuminati alliance)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom