give la back.

F

Flesh

Make dragonfang lvl 26?
Methinks you'd be seeing some uber infs in bg2 >.<
Not that anyone goes there :(

T

Tacticus

diamondback is a lvl 26 style, it does the same except a 5 second stun.

So my proposal would put Infils in line with shades. even with my proposed changes an infil would be slightly better with his superior race choices.

K

kaine_1

Oh you sb's are funny

A year of total stealth ownage, and now nothing but whines and tears.

There there, mommy will make it better, you poor wickle deprived children.

lmao

H

Hyuga Hinata

Originally posted by kaine_1

You're confused, it's Infils that has and still owns stealth wars.

K

kalgarn

Oh you sb's are funny

There there, mommy will make it better, you poor wickle deprived children.

lmao

Carrien - lvl 50 Infilbabe

just wait ;)
<chuckles>

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Tacticus
2.2 specc points, 6 second stun on dragonfang, make dragon a lvl 26 style. make the lvl 50 style chain off dragonfang for slightly more damage with a bleed effect.

Then infils would be in line.

Madness.

You're proposing making low RR infs and shades comparable, but at high RR the shades will still own.

Personally I would give all stealthers access to vanish and wild arcana, just like all archers and get TS, longshot and volley. Then add a new RA to infs to compensate for others gettting vanish too.

Also, I'd add dex/qui debuffing poisons to the game, and I'd allow SBs to get thrust weapons.

Oh and make all conc buffs 3000 range :)

I don't think SBs are that gimped now...it just takes more skill to get their RPs and quit rightly the 1 hit spam doublefrost merchants are finding it harder. Check last weeks RPs:

1 Anaiya Harunakarra [Flammen Vakten] 106.875
2 Nosferatum [Elding Vakten] 99.605
3 Kelia [Flammen Vakten] 96.399
4 Aldoran [Stormur Vakten] 87.026
5 Birger SkeggapA [Stormur Vakten] 86.789
6 Crob [Elding Vakten] 83.173
7 Darksigh [Stormur Vakten] 81.875
8 Stalkerblade Mackem [Elding Vakten] 80.008
9 Szakal [Isen Herra] 79.253
10 Stealthed PvEGuru [Isen Herra] 68.906
11 Hamfast Jagar [Elding Vakten] 49.559
12 Clique [Isen Herra] 43.737
13 Vega [Stormur Vakten] 43.683
14 Skavn [Flammen Vakten] 42.401
15 Djibreel Uhud [Elding Vakten] 39.591
16 Zuke [Elding Vakten] 38.181
17 Jonna Korpskugga [Elding Vakten] 37.616
18 Fel Ras [Elding Vakten] 35.303
19 Myrkr [Stormur Vakten] 35.004
20 Emma B [Stormur Vakten] 33.043

Compare that to infils:

1 Rambo ThaDragonKnight [Dragon Knight] 10L4 161.977
2 Constanze Clearwater [Lion Knight] 151.068
3 Dracorn LeGrand [Myrmidon] 82.058
4 Thorn X [Phoenix Knight] 75.293
5 Talen Sneakybastard [Alerion Knight] 71.248
6 Soha [Eagle Knight] 70.066
7 Tealeaf SneekyPants [Gryphon Knight] 69.062
8 Ejsius Bator [Gryphon Knight] 57.799
9 Roseanna Silverglade [Eagle Knight] 50.068
10 Gladjeflicka [Eagle Knight] 49.442
11 Eidolon Strange [Eagle Knight] 44.922
12 Sevares [Myrmidon] 40.537
13 Oculus CheckMyBadSelf [Phoenix Knight] 40.145
14 Isus TheAlchemist [Eagle Knight] 37.690
15 Lynxian Lonnmordare [Eagle Knight] 36.438
16 Perforateartery Creepingdeath [Myrmidon] 35.302
17 Asirys HatesBloodyMids [Myrmidon] 33.580
18 Honeybunny SweetHeart [Myrmidon] 32.238
19 Fifiii Gotcha [Gryphon Knight] 31.569
20 Asar Venom [Gryphon Knight] 30.662

Even with the outliers in those statistics (uber RPs from Rambo and Constanze), you cannot tell me that one class is doing a shit load better than the other. In fact if you take out the top 2 in each list, it looks like SBs have a slightly higher average; however, I would not draw the conclusion that SBs were "better" as a result, rather I see little difference as a consequence of RPs earned.

Seeing this, perhaps the LA whiners should take a leaf out of the best 20 SBs books...go out there and kill because you still CAN earn RPs IF you have the skill. If you don't have the skill roll a BD :) (Note I'm not saying all BDs are unskilled players, just that unskilled players could play them :) )

Perhaps the whiners are basing their arguments as a result of dying to infils a lot. Well they should ask themselves a question each time they lose: "was that stealther buffed?" Unbuffed chars losing to buffed chars does not mean classes are unbalanced. A range on buffs would help a lot in this respect.

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Hyuga Hinata
You're confused, it's Infils that has and still owns stealth wars.

BS imo - look at the stats above.

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by old.Emma
What makes me laugh is the current batch of mercfils on VN ;p

using the phrase we have all said and or heard before.

"Im specced to kill assassin`s, therefor i should be good at it"

Anyone else remember SZ saying the exact same thing ?

Look what happened to them. A dead spec for SB`s now.

Nerf mercfils then but not critblades.

I'd also give the CS some loving too...if you're skilled enough to line up a PA then you should get rewarded. Of course a stationary target is easy, but a moving target running around like a headless chicken is not easy. All assassins would benefit then.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by uma_thurman
Even with the outliers in those statistics (uber RPs from Rambo and Constanze), you cannot tell me that one class is doing a shit load better than the other. In fact if you take out the top 2 in each list, it looks like SBs have a slightly higher average; however
Something people forget when looking at theese numbers is that you dont know how much played time that has gone into gaining the rps, if they are solo or grouping, if they are grey ganking in DF or sitting in emain etc.

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Fafnir
Something people forget when looking at theese numbers is that you dont know how much played time that has gone into gaining the rps, if they are solo or grouping, if they are grey ganking in DF or sitting in emain etc.

That's true, but I'd wager that all those players in each list play a lot. I cannot see, for example, that say Szakal plays one day for his 79K RPs, whereas the corresponding #9 Roseanna plays a week for her 50K.

All I have shown is that last week the number of RPs earned was comparable. I totally agree that I cannot prove how they earned their RPs, but my point was to demonstrate that it is still *possible* for SBs to earn as much as infils.

I'll state again: my belief is that the biggest difference in a fight is buffs; therefore I ask that people consider this before saying LA is gimped.

Funnily enough, my RR2 mincer attacked a RR4 ranger in Odin's yesterday. I'd expect to win this fight as I got the jump on an archer, but I got owned. However I didn't cry for nerfs to Celtic Dual and Piercing...I just remembered that the ranger in question runs with a buffbot. I won't go the lame way and lvl a buffbot myself, but I'll continue to lobby for ranges on buffs.

O

old.Tyraette

lets do a part exchange deal. You can have la back if you hand over the buffbot :p

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by Rudor Dwarf
Zerker what is that ?

a monster that no longer exists anywhere other than in stories to frighten little avalonian children.

S

shanks

I still play fetstryk fyi :/

Now if GOA could open the sub server it would rawk!

R

Rudor Dwarf

I would prolly play Rudor aswell if i could be arsed to play Daoc :D.

K

kalgarn

i'm still playing kal when i get group.but that's only once a week and hate xp'ing to much to get my savage those last 8 levels :p

T

Tacticus

Ohh so making infils same power as shades would make em unbalanced? lol.

You cant balance a class around the RAs, and with the last few patches, the shade ras aint that good no more. Poison moved to body resist table, outright resist of all the lower lvl poisons. Yes you can reapply. But by then your dragonfanged and killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom