About Horner

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Don't get me wrong, Horner has been an abusive little arse in the past, but if taking a tower in the frontier has suddenly become "griefing" I really wonder what game it is we're meant to be playing.

Dark Age of Whinealot ?

Darzil

Tuthmes

FH is my second home

Less playing devils advocate though. According to that post concerning tower, he does that on a regulair bases, with a laugh to follow. So if your an alb and you know Horner's online, you can't tower farm (aka playing the game the way you like).

Don't turn everything around Flimhobbit!

Olly

Loyal Freddie
To be fair to Horner, it's not the emoting or the swearing that has his realm mates annoyed in this case - it's the fact that he stopped them from doing a tower farm...

Of course there's nothing wrong with that so people are exaggerating his actual misdeeds in an effort to make him even less popular than he is...

In some cases this works - e.g. badmouthing someone for stealing camps or whatever, guilds get involved, people sort things out - however given that Horner is doing something that a lot of people (if not most) would consider part of the game (taking towers) and that he really doesn't care about his popularity it's proven inneffective.

Hence the "waah wahh GOA BAN HORNER HE TOOK MY TOWER!" campaign... and since GOA aren't bowing to the lynch mob the "wahh wahh GOA are protecting Horner!" whine.

Don't get me wrong, Horner has been an abusive little arse in the past, but if taking a tower in the frontier has suddenly become "griefing" I really wonder what game it is we're meant to be playing.

Nope, its not because he took a tower. He took 3. I mean come on, dont try to fool anyone that he did it for "arfur". He did it to grief.
Oh and btw, i was not in the group that was intending to "farm", i played a cleric running around on my own.

I just dont understand why people tend to hang themselves up "omgosh, he took a tower in a rvr-zone!111one"-fotm kind of shit.
Thats NOT the point! And thats NOT the only thing he does. And thats NOT the only time he's been a prick.
Ask him something, no matter what, and you will most probably get a "FU NOOB LAL" back.
To be honest, i dont care much more. its just made me roll someting new, on another server, on a language i cannot understand. Dont know for how long im sticking around in this game which frankly does nothing but stab you in the back.
Dedicate 4-5 years on something, and still get treated like shit. Pwns.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck me hard with a barbed wire pole

ffs, horner is takin towers :-O oh my gosh lets whine and Rightnow him
omg, horner killed me lets whine and Rightnow him
/cry, hes running with his bot on stick using di, moc and loltap everyfight lets whine and rightnow him
/surrender, he now has a friar bg bot lets all whine and rightnow him

lol we have heard it all before, get a life and stop trying to make "cyber" petitions to get 1 guy banned from playing a game, get a fuckin life you sad twisted little freak

end of imo

- Seany

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ok he took 3 towers.. how about we ban everyone who's added on a fight? (I'm sure some people would actually advocate that mind you :p)

Oh and anyone who ever used Warguard or Phase shift because some people think that's lame... engage! damn that shield skill, ban them!

I quite enjoy winning fights in RvR but the enemies I fight sometimes* kill me this stops me playing the game how I like, BAN THEM ALL!

You can't go around banning people for just playing the game, and if you set a tower on flames it will attract people there, friendlies to help take it, enemies to defend it - can't go complaining when that goes and happens now (and you'll not get one without the other). "THIS IS OUR TOWER GO AWAY!" should never be a part of daoc the same way "THIS IS OUR FIGHT GO AWAY" should never be a part of daoc - not an enforced by the CoC with bans part anyway....

* ok ok most of the time

Olly

Loyal Freddie
Fuck me hard with a barbed wire pole

ffs, horner is takin towers :-O oh my gosh lets whine and Rightnow him
omg, horner killed me lets whine and Rightnow him
/cry, hes running with his bot on stick using di, moc and loltap everyfight lets whine and rightnow him
/surrender, he now has a friar bg bot lets all whine and rightnow him

lol we have heard it all before, get a life and stop trying to make "cyber" petitions to get 1 guy banned from playing a game, get a fuckin life you sad twisted little freak

end of imo

- Seany

And what are you? His mother?

Olly

Loyal Freddie
I just dont understand why people tend to hang themselves up "omgosh, he took a tower in a rvr-zone!111one"-fotm kind of shit.
Thats NOT the point!

ok he took 3 towers.. how about we ban everyone who's added on a fight? (I'm sure some people would actually advocate that mind you :p)

Hurray for ignorance. :p

Anyhow, im done.
:puke:

D

Dayak

Did Gamah's thread get owned ??? :(

I didn't get to see the poll's results ... :mad:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Hurray for ignorance. :p

Anyhow, im done.
:puke:

It's pretty simple - the crimes you've listed against Horner don't count as griefing according to the CoC in fact they only count as griefing if you think that you can "own" a tower take... which I'd say is pretty much the antithesis of RvR, definitely not "realm" versus realm there....

This is very much like "adding" - something which is only grief in the minds of some people. (to many others it's just what the game is - helping out your realm mates etc.)

Horner has spammed people and been abusive in the past and I'm pretty sure it's been posted around that he got suspensions (particularly for his emote spamming) and nowadays he keeps within the lines. I'd imagine if he has been suspended in the past if he gets reported legitimately for harassing someone or emote flooding or whatever he'll be in a lot of trouble...

However absolutely none of that has anything whatsoever to do with him taking "your" towers, which is the complaint you said you had against him when you started this thread.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home

Oh and anyone who ever used Warguard or Phase shift because some people think that's lame... engage! damn that shield skill, ban them!

I quite enjoy winning fights in RvR but the enemies I fight sometimes* kill me this stops me playing the game how I like, BAN THEM ALL!

You can't go around banning people for just playing the game, and if you set a tower on flames it will attract people there, friendlies to help take it, enemies to defend it - can't go complaining when that goes and happens now (and you'll not get one without the other). "THIS IS OUR TOWER GO AWAY!" should never be a part of daoc the same way "THIS IS OUR FIGHT GO AWAY" should never be a part of daoc - not an enforced by the CoC with bans part anyway....

* ok ok most of the time

You take the tower with a fg casters without ml9. All casters hasted and staffing/dd'ing the door. After ~20min you finnaly get the door down and w8 for teh serious farmage to begin. You go up (to set up, healers on top, etc) and ZZzzzzz00000000000000m a sorc rushes by with a DI bot on stick and while he runs up the stairs you see the pet go Sssssw000000h's (ml9'd).
You go in broad; /b Could you please not kill the lord! When he's about to enter the lords room he moc's and puts the pet on the captain. You yell nooooo plz, don't!
Asuming he's to busy pressing his 1 button, he doesnt reply. 8 seconds l8r the lord dies and broad goes: FFS WHY DID YOU HAVE TODO THAT? i asked you kindly not too. Random sorc reply's; Hahaha fkoff n00b, i can play the game the way ->I<- like it. If you dont like it, eat a dick and go play something else.
Yeye everyone can play the game the way they like. Even if it means they are beeing compleet assholes, cause your allowed to be an arse in DaoC!

True story.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Referee! Referee! I passed the ball to my teammate and asked him to pass it back and he said "lol" and scored! Stealing all the glory!

RED CARD!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Referee! Referee! I passed the ball to my teammate and asked him to pass it back and he said "lol" and scored! Stealing all the glory!

RED CARD!

He might have scored, but in the end that team lost the game ^^.

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie

RED CARD!

Well get him playing for England! They can't score for toffee at the moment.

Olly

Loyal Freddie

RED CARD!

You are just pretending to like him though - otherwise you would not try to defend his actions. What reasons you have for that I can just imagine:

1. You want to be the cocksucker of the GM's.
2. You have the same parents (so you have to defend the familiy honour)
3. You just want to be a prick.

I could probably throw in a 4. You pay the subs = you are free to do what you want. But, I wont.

I've never thought you were any of those options. At least I've never got the impression. But you're doing a hell of a good job doing just that! :drink:

(btw, im not english, so please excuse my really bad spelling and such)

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
You are just pretending to like him though - otherwise you would not try to defend his actions. What reasons you have for that I can just imagine:

I could probably throw in a 4. You pay the subs = you are free to do what you want. But, I wont.

I've never thought you were any of those options. At least I've never got the impression. But you're doing a hell of a good job doing just that! :drink:

(btw, im not english, so please excuse my really bad spelling and such)

you dumb shit

flim-goblin is a mod >.<

Straef

Can't get enough of FH

How about...

5. He defends him because he likes to play in a similar fashion.

I'm not saying Flim is into griefing and rude behaviour and such, but if you ever read any of his other posts you'd know he's all into the 'red is dead' thing, which he keeps mentioning in every 'omg you added' thread.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Strange the ones defending Horner's Playstyle are all well known idiots in game (apart Flim but u are a special case xD).

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Banning a person for doing nothing aginst the rules written in stone (The CoC) would be a terrible idea , if some "regulars" get a person banned it would put the server on the same par as a freeshard . Think about it .

I am aware he is a griefplayer but this is just comming from a person who deos not play the server anymore.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Strange the ones defending Horner's Playstyle are all well known idiots in game (apart Flim but u are a special case xD).

Or can remember back a couple of years to when they put in tower razing, and the new tactic, considered incredibly lame at the time, of camping in an uncaptured tower was used. It was generally considered to be against the spirit of the game, and just using a slightly broken game mechanic as a way to make a well set up camp group pretty much unstoppable, other than by avoiding them. (Not saying it is the only way, but that was the sentiment then)

Interesting that stopping what was considered lame then, makes you lame now. Not that I'd do that if people around said not to, of course.

Darzil

Bahumat

FH is my second home
1) Who is TT and why did he supposidly get banned?
2) The GM's are not as distant from whats going on with the servers as you think.

Lets don our Logic caps. The UK GM's play on which servers...Yep, the UK ones. Now, of those servers 1 is a cluster, and the other is a pvp server.

So of these few GM's its highly likely they're on their normal accounts happily playing, or they're on their GM accounts scouting area's for Dirty Gimps.

Either way, they will probably hear what Horner is up to from the thousands of people who whine.

You're gonna need good fraps evidence this fella is cheating, it just seems like people send right nows in saying "OMFGz0r he /rude me x3 timez...".

3) Make Minstrels, spec them 35 Stealth, 50 Instruments, rest in slash. Dont worry about killing people, just follow Horner as much as possible and DD all his opponents. If you get overwealmed you have Stealth to hide.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
How about...

5. He defends him because he likes to play in a similar fashion.

I'm not saying Flim is into griefing and rude behaviour and such, but if you ever read any of his other posts you'd know he's all into the 'red is dead' thing, which he keeps mentioning in every 'omg you added' thread.

It's not just that - if Horner were the sort of player who thought that e.g. 1v1s should never be interfered with and stood watching while I got gibbed by a stealther /yelling away... then /laugh afterwards I'd think he's a bit of a cock but I'd not go calling for him to get banned (and I'd be defending that as much as I am defending him being allowed to take a tower that someone else wanted to farm in)

And Olly, which part of "Horner is a cock" makes you think I actually like him? He's an irritating prick, especially on these forums (you might note that his latest alt is banned from here, again) but just because I don't like someone doesn't mean they should be banned from the game.

Also, I'm sure you can debate this without the childish insults, so do try a bit harder :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

And everyone who wants him banned is a genius! (apart from Gahn, but you are a special case ;))

I'm not defending his playstyle, I'm defending his right not to be banned for playing within the rules :p RightNow shouldn't ever be run as a popularity contest.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
if we didnt have horner who else would we dislike.

Horner is the only character i know of ingame that everyone will gank on sight no matter what is in the area.

And the cheers always go up when horner or scarlatina dies.

Lets face it hes gotten to his realm rank by sheer determination coupled with chain farming expers and everyone lower realm rank than him.

hes disliked because of how he plays however hes worth lots of realm points to full groups so just gank him in a group and walk away with a lot of realm points and a warm fuzzy feeling. And if your an alb there isnt anything anywhere that says you have to follow him or even help him.

What surprises me more about horner is he is such a high realm rank and he still runs in massive zergs and frankly isnt very good.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

RED CARD!

You've actually tried to make a good point but missed the essence of it.

It's actually more like spending time on a good build up, getting a good shot in that's going to score, then having your team mate who's been standing offside the entire time run up and smack the ball into the net. Yeah the ball goes in the net, but you don't get any credit for your work.

TT got slammed by GOA for breaking realm spirit by lowering a relic keep to level 1. If Horner is deliberately sabotaging Albs seige strategies by taking towers when a better strategy would be to not kill the lord then he's doing every bit as much damage. Except he's pissing off every one of his realm mates doing it, not just 50% of them like the last incident. It's more akin to running round stuck to a stealther of your own realm /pointing, than adding on a fight if you want to compare it to another ingame action.

Your looking simply at the action, not the intent. Setting a keep to level 1 isn't a bannable action. Setting a keep to level 1 to allow the enemy to more easily gain a relic your realm is holding apparently is. There's more to consider than simply he helped take a tower. He actually (deliberately) screwed everyone of his realm mates that came up with a seige plan and tried to implement it.

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
i have screenshots of horner mouthin off to me callin me a adding fucker etc etc u kno the usually insults he sends, and i sent them to Right now saying this is abussive behaviour and nouthing ever got done about it

This was done quite a while ago

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
i want horner banned cause his fucking buffbot have more RP's then me Scout. :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
And everyone who wants him banned is a genius! (apart from Gahn, but you are a special case ;))

I'm not defending his playstyle, I'm defending his right not to be banned for playing within the rules :p RightNow shouldn't ever be run as a popularity contest.

Point is really that one, i quoted the CoC and Requiel didn't even bothered to erply to it, wtf does it mean then? Can i trash it? Cause surely the guy ain't exactly acting as "Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. ".
Now my question is simple, can i trash this part of the CoC and go around yelling "fuck off u noobs LAL" etc every 2 mins and generally spoiling fun of other players? Cause it's the only thing he actually does in game and it seems it's perfectly legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom