About Horner

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Sigh, i really dont think you are as ignorant as you pretend to be. Or maybe you are now that i think of it. The thing is though, if there would have been more than a dozen hibs and mids left, im sure id get more than half a dozen.
Why not try to save whats left?

Because the game is old. Why flog a dead horse?

People leave for more than just one smelly frenchie with his bb on stick. WoW, other realms, NEW players to fight against, different pl,aystyle etc

As it stands, everytime i log on here I see another whine ebcause people are ruining another persons style of RVR.. Before, people just laughed it off as the server could handle it. Now with so many contrasting play styles, the server cannot survive. Soloers want to solo, zergers want to zerg, 8 mans want to 8 man. With the population left, the 8 mans cant get the 8 mans they want so log, the soloers get zerged by the zerg. This leaves the zerg vs zerg, but sadly, Albs aced and zerged every Hib and his dog off the server. So in the end, you have the alb zerg, taking towers that noone can retake/ be bothered to retake as they just get taken anyway.

I admire what you are trying to do in regards for keeping the server alive, i mean alive in the form you can have a decent nights rvr. But i really do not think the server will last past the summer. I hope im wrong, but I just cant see iot working

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The best chance imo to get him banned is for emote spamming. He blantently spams max 4 emote's at you, but...
He emote's you (anyone really) every time he kills you/see's a corpse, which could be considered emote spamming (the rule to this is too vage again).

On the otherhand the question is, do you want too...

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Instead we could vote you for the biggest idiot alive on the cluster.

As long as he is not cheating you have no legitimate position to ask for something like that JUST because you or others don't like him or the way how he plays.

People been killed because someone didn't like them and your behaviour is just a first step in the wrong direction.

Thats another thing. Window dragging, using the water bug, etc, etc isnt considered cheating, yet it aint exactly fair play either.

Beeing a moron in game, or killing the same person over and over again, or making some guild with the sole purpose of fking up frontiers at 3 am, isnt considered grief play, yet it aint exactly nice either.

But if those people wont listen and if Goa doesnt take action, what can you do about it?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thats another thing. Window dragging, using the water bug, etc, etc isnt considered cheating, yet it aint exactly fair play either.

Beeing a moron in game, or killing the same person over and over again, or making some guild with the sole purpose of fking up frontiers at 3 am, isnt considered grief play, yet it aint exactly nice either.

But if those people wont listen and if Goa doesnt take action, what can you do about it?

The problem with that is like I already said that I have seen others doing it so and I'd never ask GOA for help with that.

I deal with that in game or not at all.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
after the 12th of March im gonna come back to dyvet and end it for good..

/lastname HFH, (Hungry For Horner)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
If he is breaking the CoC then by all means report it and we'll investigate. We aren't going to ban someone because they are unpopular however. 10,000 Rightnow reports simply requesting he be banned will not lead to him getting banned. I don't think anyone would agree that banning people purely based on popular request is a good idea.

I reported him twice for bug abusing a pet during a keep take in sursbrook two days in a row.

I did the right thing reported date time, stating ML9 pet inside the keep being healed from outside.

I heard nothing, his emote spamming is off the board, probably everyone on the server has been on thw wrong end of it, yet nothing.

Please do your job, I reported with all the info you would need, yet ML9 pet inside a keep with the door up killing people and guards is ok, I must remember that.

Total bug abuse yet ignore even when reported, GG goa.

Eble

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Firstly we didn't ban TT. Secondly we absolutely did not take action because of complaints. It was because two individuals had crossed a line that we were not prepared to see blurred. I'm not sure how you can describe taking towers as being against the spirit of the game - capturing RvR objectives pretty much defines the spirit of the game. If you weren't referring to that then please feel free to clarify your point.

How did you know the keep was going to be set to level 1? we all know for a fact a wave of right nows were done, because people were unhappy TT wouldn't release the keep to someone else.

I guess it was the only time you guys actually checked logs because you were bored?

:)

Eble

I've been banned for emote spamming before, I've reported Horner many times for the same reason and he's still been going 'strong' for days to come. Lovely set of rules GoA has here.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I reported him twice for bug abusing a pet during a keep take in sursbrook two days in a row.

I did the right thing reported date time, stating ML9 pet inside the keep being healed from outside.

I heard nothing, his emote spamming is off the board, probably everyone on the server has been on thw wrong end of it, yet nothing.

Please do your job, I reported with all the info you would need, yet ML9 pet inside a keep with the door up killing people and guards is ok, I must remember that.

Total bug abuse yet ignore even when reported, GG goa.

Eble

Hade the exactly the same with a cabby pet. Whiterazor or something. Just took a tower and he put the pet on the door. Didnt wanne destealth to attack to soon cause of the notorious buggin of the cabby pet. In the end I attacked anyway and whattah you know, the pet went inside the tower. Ofc he then ml9'd the pet and healed it from outside. Requiel whas online at that moment. Talked to him about it, reported it to RN (nothing ofc).
5 min l8r i did get a soz from the guy through FH, but still. He blatently w8'd to get a target and then ml9 the pet.

Same goes for Cylian. Met him on an alb bridge, where he ran through the towers up and down up and down. All fair etc, but when he reached ~5% health he just jumped into the water. Used the waterbug to get away on the small % he whas left on and stealthed.
His reply whas it whas a classic case of survival in an hostile environment.

Why o why do people have to play this way, i dunno. Same goes for people who say; I dont want to give away rps. I mean, seriously. Who in the "real" world cares about rps :eek7:
Learn to play the game for fun again fgs, instead of making it a sport/work and kill off the fun element. Everytime their char dies, they die a little irl aswell :|

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Bambi, thats not what im trying to do either.
Im trying to get him banned (or warned!!!11) for griefing!
Thats the things he do to piss people off. Im not pissed off because he wins over me, he cant as im in the same realm!
Like emotes, ruining different kind of plans, beeing completly ignorant and calling people names in broad, and etc etc etc.

I get what you mean now Olly..

Good luck getting him warned or banned! Or come play Limors with the rest of us? ;P

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Same shit here , i let a m8 use my acc for afew days and lo and behold he got me a 3 day ban the gimp :(

Horner has spammed me 5-6 times often i never RN as i know there's no point :eek:

Gamah

Banned
Goa looking after their own..

Reminds me of a cartoon I made about him and posted on FH just after the world cup...

lehorner1cn1.jpg

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think anyone would agree that banning people purely based on popular request is a good idea.

The people that rightnowed me and the Black Falcons GM, and you banning us obviously feel it is a good idea.

It''s really cute how you try do desperately live by the rules and speak of them in a businesslike manner, but we all know the rules are vague in the least and open for just that interpretation you feel like using. Your arrogance in everything is so obvious it makes people sick and still you are not doing anoything to improve your behaviour ór life on the server for that matter.

Stories about Horner and for instance CM being complete fuckwits have been around for ages, but simply because you cannot be arsed in improving the life on the server you refuse to just log in one morning and monitor these griefers closely for a day so that you can find tons of reason to ban. Instead, you prefer banning people on grounds fecking Einstein himself would never have thought of.

It's all the same to me, it just sickens me that even after the incident with my guild which was, without taking credit for it as I did not think it would have such a massive effect, an eye opener for the server, the only eyes not opened but still blinded by divine light are yours.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Well, beeing just plain rude is one thing, telling everyone to foad and beeing generally stupid is another.
I called some scout a **** for adding me, and got warned by GOA even though it only happened once, so I don't see how the guy hasn't been banned ten times over with all the screenshots of him calling people names and such. Either people aren't handling things well or they can't be arsed sending screenshots with him harassing someone to GOA, or GOA has double standards, as it's silly for me to get an official warning when I've only ever 'harassed' someone once, while he can get away with doing so on a daily basis.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
If he is breaking the CoC then by all means report it and we'll investigate. We aren't going to ban someone because they are unpopular however. 10,000 Rightnow reports simply requesting he be banned will not lead to him getting banned. I don't think anyone would agree that banning people purely based on popular request is a good idea.
Wouldn't it be in GOA's best interest, as a company, to ban him though? I mean, if a customer comes into my store and starts harassing people, I'll kick him out and I won't have him back in. If Horner doesn't just go against the spirit of the game by griefing and ruining things for both his allies and enemies, but harasses people besides that, which is very easily proven just by taking a look at some of the screenies made of his public remarks, it can't be hard to find a reason to ban him.
Like I said before, if I get warned for my language (which would've ended out as a temporary ban, I assume, if I continued calling people *****) after one incident, then surely he should be banned for doing so on a regular basis?
And if you don't find the abusive language and possible breach of the spirit of the game enough to ban him, surely you should do it just to please (which seems to be) the majority of the players on the cluster, just to avoid customers moving to different servers or quitting the game altogether, keeping the company's stakes in mind?
Well he is racing for RR13 prolly and it's his right to race for that. I'd like to see all the ominous honourable Albs that are not racing for RPs but play fair, and while you are at it, name the Hibs and Mids too. I doubt you can make a list that is much bigger than a dozen of players for each realm.

Do you want to ban them too or are you so biased that you don't see certain others doing lame things 3 times in a row?
Hmm, playstyles must've changed a lot these past few months, as I for one don't plan on getting that low just to make some rps, I'd rather get them in proper fg fights. The same thing goes for most the people that ran in fg's when I still played, or it seemed that way anyway.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Originally Posted by Requiel

lol your right there, we would have right nowed for a replacement GM that actually took an interest in the server.

Eble

Ritchie

Banned
Only reason i see in them not banning them is because hes french..... but i doubt that they wouldnt ban him just because of that, he needs to have some sort of connection inside GOA so he gets let off for things all the time

either that or GOA are just a complete joke

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

depends for what reason tbh. he IS a rude little bitch with absolutly no concern for anyone but himself. and that IS aggrivating and/or griefing one hell of alot of ppl. he isnt playing this game because for the "community spirit" or whatever. hes playing to piss ppl off. that may or may not break the CoC. but hes still griefing the rest of the server with what he's doing.

its easy to agree with your statement when the server was well and healthy. now its just to few ppl playing to let shit like that slide. he IS driving ppl away from the server. i dont know about you. but i'd rather see the few ppl thats MAKING ppl leave get removed rather then having a bigger population leave BECAUSE of them.

or?

/edit: or that might just be what ur hoping for. i mean, u get a nice excuse to shut down the only english server u have..... would probably save u a ton of cash doing that.....

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
There is only one catagory for Horner and that is "Grief Player", he works against his own realm, and his playstyle is that to cause harassment ingame so you eventually flip your lid and insult him, which he screenshots and rightnows himself, and he is responsible for people been banned, he will continue this playstyle which is definately actively contributing to the downfall of this game.
Been in the exact same senario many times, take keep door down, set up traps, wait for incoming enemys (in comes horner, kills captain), basically spoiling the fun for a full group, despite been asked politely NOT to kill captain, all you get is a LAL and off he goes.
Yes well we all know he knows the CoC and Grief plays within those boundrys, but Horner if you are reading this you took it a step too far telling people to " suck your c***." the other night, and that is now going to be rightnow'd and if that doesnt constitute to a ban then GOA's CoC needs a serious overhaul, and tbh an update to the CoC would be nice as Grief Players in other games get banned.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
/edit: or that might just be what ur hoping for. i mean, u get a nice excuse to shut down the only english server u have..... would probably save u a ton of cash doing that.....

That's not gonna happen dood :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
There is only one catagory for Horner and that is "Grief Player", he works against his own realm, and his playstyle is that to cause harassment ingame so you eventually flip your lid and insult him, which he screenshots and rightnows himself, and he is responsible for people been banned, he will continue this playstyle which is definately actively contributing to the downfall of this game.
Been in the exact same senario many times, take keep door down, set up traps, wait for incoming enemys (in comes horner, kills captain), basically spoiling the fun for a full group, despite been asked politely NOT to kill captain, all you get is a LAL and off he goes.
Yes well we all know he knows the CoC and Grief plays within those boundrys, but Horner if you are reading this you took it a step too far telling people to " suck your c***." the other night, and that is now going to be rightnow'd and if that doesnt constitute to a ban then GOA's CoC needs a serious overhaul, and tbh an update to the CoC would be nice as Grief Players in other games get banned.

Evidently Horner is busy getting rps to be arsed reading this thread and by giving a thread to him any way only strokes an already overgrown epeen tbh.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I see the SoTG and the peculiar view on grief Play by Goa still blows strong.
Dear Requiel wts some clues for the English Team!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Also i don't see really Horner related in any manner to this part of the CoC

Rules of good conduct
Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. Harassment of another person, insults or remarks intended to hurt another person will not be tolerated.
Of course, we expect our members to express themselves using correct language. Similarly, racist, xenophobic or revisionist remarks, or remarks displaying intolerance of a religious, ideological, philosophical or similar nature will not be accepted.
"Flooding" (the rapid systematic repetition of one phrase, which interferes with communication between users) is forbidden, as is all abuse of the means of communication that can be accessed on the site.
It is forbidden to pretend to be a volunteer, a Gamemaster or a member of the GOA team.
It is forbidden to indulge in hacking (pirating) activities and to encourage others to indulge in them. It is also forbidden to distribute software enabling such activities to be practised, or viruses and other programs or scripts that may harm other users.
The role of volunteers is to help other players (often sacrificing some of their own playing time in the process). We will react particularly strongly to any persecution of or threats made to volunteers, as we will to any such behaviour directed at GOA and the people working for it.
Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.
GOA accommodates servers in three different languages (English, French and German). You can connect to a server using a foreign language, but if you communicate on the main channels, please use the language of the server.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Horner is a cock.

Unfortunately being a cock does not constitute grounds for being banned from the game... would be loads of FH whine threads if it did tbh :p

I'm pretty sure he's been suspended in the past for "flooding" with emotes. For those that are a bit confused, emoting at someone is not against the CoC or the SoTG or whatever, spamming emotes/other abilities in order to flood their chat window _is_. Hence why horner only does 3 emotes at a time.

So you're annoyed and want Horner banned because he took a tower... how about we ban keep takes and stepping out into the frontier too?

Now I'm not Horner's biggest fan, he's annoyed a few of my friends in the past, but I'm pretty glad GOA don't ban people as a popularity contest... despite what Sollers might say (if FH is any indicator if it was a popularity contest they'd have been giving TT medals :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom