About Horner

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Horner is a cock.

Unfortunately being a cock does not constitute grounds for being banned from the game... would be loads of FH whine threads if it did tbh :p

I'm pretty sure he's been suspended in the past for "flooding" with emotes. For those that are a bit confused, emoting at someone is not against the CoC or the SoTG or whatever, spamming emotes/other abilities in order to flood their chat window _is_. Hence why horner only does 3 emotes at a time.

So you're annoyed and want Horner banned because he took a tower... how about we ban keep takes and stepping out into the frontier too?

Now I'm not Horner's biggest fan, he's annoyed a few of my friends in the past, but I'm pretty glad GOA don't ban people as a popularity contest... despite what Sollers might say (if FH is any indicator if it was a popularity contest they'd have been giving TT medals :p)

Hehe now that was funny :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
A few points.
We never ban by popular request, only if the action warrants it. Sometimes the action warrants it and there is a popular request. This isn't contradictory with my first statement.

Secondly. Nobody gets preferential treatment either for or against. If you do something wrong you will get slapped for it regardless of who you are. If you aren't in line for a slap then you won't get one no matter how many people are baying for your blood. Every time we get a report we investigate and take action where warranted, if we get a lot of reports about the same individual then we do indeed follow that person around for a few days to see if there's a pattern of behaviour that is against the CoC. People have been banned for deliberately abusing the grey areas in the CoC and we will continue to do so where it is warranted, we aren't going to prejudge anyone though just because they are unpopular.

Finally. I'm not going to go into specifics but I'm seeing some very thin reasons to ban someone being bandied around. Do you really want us to hand out perma-bans when someone swears at someone else? Can you honestly say that is reasonable and you'd be fully alongside that decision if it happened to you? I have always taken a very hard line against cheating or griefing on my servers but there's no way I'm going to implement a zero-tolerance policy for low-level harrassment.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
A few points.
We never ban by popular request, only if the action warrants it. Sometimes the action warrants it and there is a popular request. This isn't contradictory with my first statement.

Secondly. Nobody gets preferential treatment either for or against. If you do something wrong you will get slapped for it regardless of who you are. If you aren't in line for a slap then you won't get one no matter how many people are baying for your blood. Every time we get a report we investigate and take action where warranted, if we get a lot of reports about the same individual then we do indeed follow that person around for a few days to see if there's a pattern of behaviour that is against the CoC. People have been banned for deliberately abusing the grey areas in the CoC and we will continue to do so where it is warranted, we aren't going to prejudge anyone though just because they are unpopular.

Finally. I'm not going to go into specifics but I'm seeing some very thin reasons to ban someone being bandied around. Do you really want us to hand out perma-bans when someone swears at someone else? Can you honestly say that is reasonable and you'd be fully alongside that decision if it happened to you? I have always taken a very hard line against cheating or griefing on my servers but there's no way I'm going to implement a zero-tolerance policy for low-level harrassment.

Maybe a preventive slap from a GM would have dropped his behaviour ages ago altho? U are well aware how much of an idiot is the peep and his griefing behaviour in game; he is in fact relying on the grey areas of the CoC to get an out of the jail free card about it (can't believe u skipped and never give a read to any Horner's thread in the past, like imo u did for TT since no1 rightnowed em as u told us), yet again nothing was done.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
I think everyone knows that horner plays with a sole intention to grief as many people as he possibly can, because thats where he gets his enjoyment from.

xp-killing, rude and laugh emoting every single guy he killed (preferably while they were already engaged), running with a DI bot because it allows him to grief more people with less risk, generally doing the complete opposite of what people ask him (even or especially if asked in a nice manner)

ofcourse you shouldn't ban anyone for low level harrassment or based on popularity, nor do I think horner should be banned at all because he's a one of a kind character

sure, hands down the worst fucking **** to ever disgrace excal and IF anyone should be banned for popularity/griefing it should be him

but still, hes a part of excal :D

IainC

Maybe a preventive slap from a GM would have dropped his behaviour ages ago altho? U are well aware how much of an idiot is the peep and his griefing behaviour in game; he is in fact relying on the grey areas of the CoC to get an out of the jail free card about it (can't believe u skipped and never give a read to any Horner's thread in the past, like imo u did for TT since no1 rightnowed em as u told us), yet again nothing was done.

You're making a lot of assumptions in that post.

IainC

Your posts on the other hand are not much more interesting than gahn's.
He quoted a part of the CoC that he thinks could be relevant to Horners behaviour in https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=3123915&postcount=58

Can we have an official GM reponse to that?

You've had one about 6 posts up. We do enforce our CoC but we accept that it's neither realistic nor desirable to punish every single transgression no matter its scale. This game encourages competitive play and strong emotions, people are also (mostly) old enough and mature enough to deal with some low grade insults and curse words. Obviously if there is a more serious breach involving unacceptable levels of personal harrassment then we always take action. I'm sure we've all encountered situations where someone has said something to us ingame that they'd probably not say face to face in real life - I certainly have and my initial thought is usually whether they warrant the use of the /ignore function rather than the banstick.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Horner is a cock.

Unfortunately being a cock does not constitute grounds for being banned from the game... would be loads of FH whine threads if it did tbh :p

I'm pretty sure he's been suspended in the past for "flooding" with emotes. For those that are a bit confused, emoting at someone is not against the CoC or the SoTG or whatever, spamming emotes/other abilities in order to flood their chat window _is_. Hence why horner only does 3 emotes at a time.

So you're annoyed and want Horner banned because he took a tower... how about we ban keep takes and stepping out into the frontier too?

Now I'm not Horner's biggest fan, he's annoyed a few of my friends in the past, but I'm pretty glad GOA don't ban people as a popularity contest... despite what Sollers might say (if FH is any indicator if it was a popularity contest they'd have been giving TT medals :p)

Word :worthy:

Olly

Loyal Freddie
Well, whats there to say.

Requiel is missing the point aswell.

I blame my bad english. :)

Olly

Loyal Freddie
You've had one about 6 posts up. We do enforce our CoC but we accept that it's neither realistic nor desirable to punish every single transgression no matter its scale. This game encourages competitive play and strong emotions, people are also (mostly) old enough and mature enough to deal with some low grade insults and curse words. Obviously if there is a more serious breach involving unacceptable levels of personal harrassment then we always take action. I'm sure we've all encountered situations where someone has said something to us ingame that they'd probably not say face to face in real life - I certainly have and my initial thought is usually whether they warrant the use of the /ignore function rather than the banstick.

you think horner started beeing a twat yesterday?
fyi, he didnt. hes been more or less the same way since the start of NF.
its just, with the playbase we have now theres not anywhere you can go to get rid of him. because if theres fire on the /rw, horner is inc with speed.

so yeah. why dont we just ignore.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Horner is a cock.

Judging from the 'respect other players' bit in the CoC, I'd say being a cock is something you could be banned over, particulary so if GOA don't get complaints about the player from one or two people, but from a whole bunch of people from different realms, including the player's own.
Also, I'd think sticking to the three emotes, and doing so on three different accounts (assuming whoever mentioned that before was correct), just to avoid breaching the flooding rule, should still be considered griefing.
I think GOA aren't using their own rules to the limit, be it because they can't be bothered or because they're unaware of the possibilities they gave themselves by having unspecific terms like spirit of the game in the CoC. I'm positive that GOA should be able to ban Horner without owing anyone an apoligy or an explanation, without breaching their own CoC.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Normally, I'd say a permanent ban over swearing a bit would be retarded, and I think a temporary ban for, say, a week or so, would be a start to show Horner (or any other player being particulary rude/nasty to other players) that he needs to work on his atitude and behave. If a player gets one or two temporary bans and still refuses to behave in a somewhat decent manner, then yes, I do believe the player deserves a permanent ban, if just for being a thick twat who'll never learn.
The ignore function won't stop him from ruining your gameplay though, it'll just filter him from your chat, which is half the problem.
I'm just wondering, and I would love a reply to this one, why I got a warning from GOA when I swore _once_ (I called someone a c.u.n.t, if that's relevant), while Horner (appareantly, I'm guessing you're not allowed, if able, to tell us whether he has indeed been banned in the past) manages to get away with worse behaviour on a daily basis.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
His constant spamming is annoying but we all live with that I guess, someone must have said ok mr Horner no more spamming but 3 times is ok, so thats exactly what he does.

I want to know why his bug abuse of sending ML9 pets into keeps to kill people and guards hasn’t been addressed, we can argue all day long about the STOG, but GOA wont listen.

But come on bug abuse and still nothing, pet was inside a keep with doors up and he was healing it from out side, this happened not once but two days running, I right nowed it the first time (the day it happened) then the very next day the same thing with the same pet, in the same keep, I right now it again with the time, place and details.

All I got was the automated fuck you very much.

The GM’s need to remember I also pay subs to them and I don’t like it when someone uses a bug two days running nothing is done.

Eble

Thadius

Part of the furniture
The GM’s need to remember I also pay subs to them and I don’t like it when someone uses a bug two days running nothing is done.
Eble

Do what most others have done and put your money where your mouth is. GOA aint providding a service that you want, leave. Dont hang around giving them money for them to do feck all :)

Same thing is happening in the US, cept with wrestling. TNA pulled Samoa Joe from all Ring of Honor stuff so every man and his dog is boycotting TNA, some even writing to the shows sponsers to complain. Think its dropped down to about half a million a viewes from 2 million :p

IainC

His constant spamming is annoying but we all live with that I guess, someone must have said ok mr Horner no more spamming but 3 times is ok, so thats exactly what he does.

I want to know why his bug abuse of sending ML9 pets into keeps to kill people and guards hasn’t been addressed, we can argue all day long about the STOG, but GOA wont listen.

But come on bug abuse and still nothing, pet was inside a keep with doors up and he was healing it from out side, this happened not once but two days running, I right nowed it the first time (the day it happened) then the very next day the same thing with the same pet, in the same keep, I right now it again with the time, place and details.

All I got was the automated fuck you very much.

Eble

With this particular issue it's not so clear cut. We know that there are pathing issues around some towers, keeps and bridges in NF and, as I said in a different thread we always give the player the benefit of the doubt unless we can find evidence that they are deliberately abusing a bug. If we found that someone had found a way to get their pet inside a tower and was deliberately using that then we'd slap that person, if we couldn't tell for sure that the pet hadn't just pathed all by itself in due to some freaky geometry then we'd have to let the matter slide. Slapping people for something that they didn't do and was outside their control is unduly harsh.

Whenever you report someone for what appears to be cheating we always investigate to see if actionis warranted, we won't however tell you what the result of the investigation was. All you'll recieve is the 'Thanks for the report, we'll investigate' email. It is a form response but it's sent by a real person who has read your report and will act on it. Sometimes investigations take more than one day as well, we may need to wait for logs to be uploaded or other information to be provided. Just because someone doesn't get slapped the day you report them, doesn't mean they aren't going to be slapped at all.

Straef. You are correct. I can't comment on whether any player has or hasn't been slapped for something in the past.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Straef. You are correct. I can't comment on whether any player has or hasn't been slapped for something in the past.

I slapped Horner many times when I was alive and well on the server. Felt really good as well! :D

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
This happened months ago so I'm guessing he didn't get slapped as you called it.

Pets finding ways into keeps is a pathing issue we all know it, but healing that pet when its inside is bug abuse , you know its not right, and two days running you know full well what your doing is wrong. (I’m talking about the central keep with the door up aswell not that outer walls and the like)

It appears I wasn't the only one this has happened to from this player.

Seems Horner’s found the ultimate relic:
GOA immunity,
endless spamming immune
bug abuse pets inside central keeps immune,
swearing at people immune.

unless he runs round naked at mach 10 nuking people for 65k damage nothing will ever happen to him.

Funny, thought it was only me on the receiving of this stuff.

Makes you warm and fuzzy inside to know it’s not just me but quite a few other people all being affected by one person.

Eble

I've had enough ranting on this subject, I guess I need to level a pet class and set it on his DI bot hiding in the twrs/keeps, I'll jusy blame pathing issues.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
People still complain about Horner and as we speak CM are taking crau keep at 3.20 with crim keep in the bag ... :eek:

Whatever you are planning Goa forget it , there's no fucking point trying to be inventive if you cannot maintain the basic's of a non-grief server ... Waste of fucking time tbh :(

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Doesnt have anything to do with what im trying to make here either.
Yes, you did it once (without knowing what we were aiming for).
Horner did it 3 (Three) times, with 3 (three) different towers, with 3 (THREE) different players asking him not to. And then i logged.

Edit: And he knew what we were trying to do.

Ok if we go into that road, Please do all my work for the next ten years.
Now ofc I assume you to do it seeing as you seem to assume people will always agree and do the things that you ask them to.
Same with asking people not to 'add' on a 1v1 8v8 XvX fight, you can ask them but if they won't want to do that then it's that, accept it.
You can also never prove he did it to cause grief as he could just aswell do it 'for the realm' or for a title or for whatever.

Makes it funny to read though, people calling Horner a noob and a crap player and those are probably the same people that supposibly seem to have the most trouble with him, makes you wonder what those people are when they die to a 'crap' player.
"If irony was made out of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now".

Personally I never really had any trouble with him, he even brings another pair of RPs on /stick so why would I complain? to me he's just a mediocre player at best that plays in his own little way breaking no official rules and likes to provoke people, nothing wrong with that it's just sad that so many people seem to bite.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Now ofc I assume you to do it seeing as you seem to assume people will always agree and do the things that you ask them to.
Same with asking people not to 'add' on a 1v1 8v8 XvX fight, you can ask them but if they won't want to do that then it's that, accept it.
You can also never prove he did it to cause grief as he could just aswell do it 'for the realm' or for a title or for whatever.

Makes it funny to read though, people calling Horner a noob and a crap player and those are probably the same people that supposibly seem to have the most trouble with him, makes you wonder what those people are when they die to a 'crap' player.
"If irony was made out of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now".

Personally I never really had any trouble with him, he even brings another pair of RPs on /stick so why would I complain? to me he's just a mediocre player at best that plays in his own little way breaking no official rules and likes to provoke people, nothing wrong with that it's just sad that so many people seem to bite.

Ofc your one character vs him and his DI3/MOC3/LT would come out on top.
dream on mate.

I think most people are saying they don't like his playstyle, the fact he uses a DI bot to the max is another thing altogether.

In the day Horner was just a pain in the arse that didn't make any difference to the server, now is a total different story, we all know he won't stop PVE'ing Hib until he gets the Mid/Hib power relics.

Mythic never intended NF to be empty for raids, it was always about RVR with people actually taking part, both attacking and defending.

But hey STOG states, actaully wtf does it state it doesn't exist :)

Eble

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Another crystal clear evidence that the CoC is usable as a toilet paper in the end. Good to know that the flag is changing with the wind as usual.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
point is, some people got banned at 1st step outside the path. horner seems to get treated like a mother treats her idiot son. gently.

at least he learns (peeps report him, goa gives him a warning)... he used to /rude /rofl. last night i only received a /clap... a single one.
he used to jump corpses, my chanter got jumped for more than 10 minutes while i was afk in laby... now he doesnt do that anymore.

guess goa trains him for the times when he will be all alone (not counting the di bot and the bg bot) in the rvr zones.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
People still complain about Horner and as we speak CM are taking crau keep at 3.20 with crim keep in the bag ... :eek:

Whatever you are planning Goa forget it , there's no fucking point trying to be inventive if you cannot maintain the basic's of a non-grief server ... Waste of fucking time tbh :(

Since when did pve'ing keeps become griefing ? Hell, the Middies especially have been set up for 'fast keeptakes before the enemy has a chance to get there' = 'pveing keeps' for years.

I notice they didn't go for the keeps with relics in, leaving that for primetime.

Edit - I can see that pve'ing an entire frontier or a relic can be very frustrating, but can't see that taking one keep is - which is all that happened.

Darzil

Olly

Loyal Freddie

Well thats not really my point either.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

He's really not a problem to deal with, non the less he's annoying for both his "realm mates" (so he doesn't in fact "does it for the realm") and his "enemies", must be some kind of trouble in it. And surely he doesn't abid to this CoC rule : "Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game.". Ofc if u think that ppl want him banned cause they can't deal with him "skill wise" in game, well u need a bit of a reality check imo ^^

Olly

Loyal Freddie
He's really not a problem to deal with, non the less he's annoying for both his "realm mates" (so he doesn't in fact "does it for the realm") and his "enemies", must be some kind of trouble in it. And surely he doesn't abid to this CoC rule : "Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game.". Ofc if u think that ppl want him banned cause they can't deal with him "skill wise" in game, well u need a bit of a reality check imo ^^

Finally!

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie

If people not showing respect is a reason for a ban then 95% of the server at some point would probably have been banned by now.

This seems to be another excuse for some people with the "lets bash GoA" agenda to jump in again,there have always been griefers but I dont remember people asking for bans for Team zerg or Pain or any of the other people setting out with the idea of a griefing style of play and showing zero respect for others while doing it.

I've had people grey gank me,FGs heal up people i've been fighting in a 1V1,people stand about and watch a fight then hit the person for the deathblow when their on 5%hp left and lots more,should all these be banned because their not showing respect ?

It seems like you want someone banned because you dont like their playstyle but I'm sure most who are asking for this ban have at some time griefed someone else or shown no respect and not expected a ban for it.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
If people not showing respect is a reason for a ban then 95% of the server at some point would probably have been banned by now.

This seems to be another excuse for some people with the "lets bash GoA" agenda to jump in again,there have always been griefers but I dont remember people asking for bans for Team zerg or Pain or any of the other people setting out with the idea of a griefing style of play and showing zero respect for others while doing it.

I've had people grey gank me,FGs heal up people i've been fighting in a 1V1,people stand about and watch a fight then hit the person for the deathblow when their on 5%hp left and lots more,should all these be banned because their not showing respect ?

It seems like you want someone banned because you dont like their playstyle but I'm sure most who are asking for this ban have at some time griefed someone else or shown no respect and not expected a ban for it.

Unfortunately, anger is part of enjoyment when playing it would seem .......

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
He is usually silent when you don't provoke him, at least that's my experience.

made 2-3 times experiance with that Horner guy.
He is a moron. His behavior and the answers he give, if u talk to him, are childish.
But on the other hand, alot of morons around ingame.

there is obviously only one conclusion to this thread, Requiel = Horner !

lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom