About Horner

Olly

Loyal Freddie
Is there anything we could do to get him banned or at least warned?
As it is now, he is out ruining for everyone. Albs, hibs and mids too. He is even aiming for ruining. Isnt that against CoC in some way?

If someone makes a list of names on everyone who wants him off the cluster, and then send it in to rightnow together with a letter saying what the problem is, perhaps we can get rid of him.

I could make this list...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
As it is now, he is out ruining for everyone. Albs, hibs and mids too. He is even aiming for ruining. Isnt that against CoC in some way?

If someone makes a list of names on everyone who wants him off the cluster, and then send it in to rightnow together with a letter saying what the problem is, perhaps we can get rid of him.

If he griefs, he SHOULD be banned, seeing as its against the sotg. If TT get banned, he should do. Cant have one rulkes for one and rules for another.

Olly

Loyal Freddie
If he griefs, he SHOULD be banned, seeing as its against the sotg. If TT get banned, he should do. Cant have one rulkes for one and rules for another.

I think so too, but i find it WERY hard to believe noone tried to rightnow him earlier. Ive rightnowed him now, but i urge everyone else to do it aswell, with the population problems currently at dyvet, theres no room for people like horner. in my opinion, that is.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Hmm, but what is he exactly doing that classes as grief play?

Olly

Loyal Freddie
Hmm, but what is he exactly doing that classes as grief play?

Well, beeing just plain rude is one thing, telling everyone to foad and beeing generally stupid is another.

Today, trying to take a tower for camping he came and ruined it. 3 times in a row, even though we asked him politely not to. Was quite annoying to see the broadmessages:

Horner-excalibur: **Bon jour!**
Random-alb: **Please dont kill lord**
Then:
Horner-excalibur cast a spell!
The forces of Albion have captured Dun Crauchon watchtower.
Horner-excalibur: **Thanks, cya around!**

Kind of, imo its top quality griefing.. or am i mistaken?

Ritchie

Banned
The amount of emote spam he does should count as some sort of harassment, i have him on ignore but you know hes still doing it all the time

He abuses so many bugs like just running up to keeps and sending pets so they go straight inside, once in a keep he must have specificly got a pet that we could not hit and sent it after people while constantly healing it. He must have been reported so many times for shit and GOA do nothing, as you mention TT get banned for helping the game and GOA let this retard do what he wants which is a bit of a joke.

I guess they dont want to loose his 3 accounts as he has a friar BG bot now and those will be the only 3 accounts active when UK cluster players find out GOA are going to do nothing about the current state of cluster.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Well, beeing just plain rude is one thing, telling everyone to foad and beeing generally stupid is another.

Today, trying to take a tower for camping he came and ruined it. 3 times in a row, even though we asked him politely not to. Was quite annoying to see the broadmessages:

Horner-excalibur: **Bon jour!**
Then:
The forces of Albion have captured Dun Crauchon watchtower.
Horner-excalibur: **Thanks, cya around!**

Kind of, imo its top quality griefing.. or am i mistaken?

You cannot get someone banned because you asked him not to take a tower, its part of the mechanics :(

Although you did ask him nicely and he chose to ignore you

Olly

Loyal Freddie
The amount of emote spam he does should count as some sort of harassment, i have him on ignore but you know hes still doing it all the time

He abuses so many bugs like just running up to keeps and sending pets so they go straight inside, once in a keep he must have specificly got a pet that we could not hit and sent it after people while constantly healing it. He must have been reported so many times for shit and GOA do nothing, as you mention TT get banned for helping the game and GOA let this retard do what he wants which is a bit of a joke.

I guess they dont want to loose his 3 accounts as he has a friar BG bot now and those will be the only 3 accounts active when UK cluster players find out GOA are going to do nothing about the current state of cluster.
'

If a list is made with everyones name, Goa should realise how much damage Horner is doing and take actions. Dont you think?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If he is breaking the CoC then by all means report it and we'll investigate. We aren't going to ban someone because they are unpopular however. 10,000 Rightnow reports simply requesting he be banned will not lead to him getting banned. I don't think anyone would agree that banning people purely based on popular request is a good idea.

Olly

Loyal Freddie
You cannot get someone banned because you asked him not to take a tower, its part of the mechanics :(

Although you did ask him nicely and he chose to ignore you

Of course not, thasts not the point. That was just a wery fresh example. This is no ordinary whine, what im trying to do here is not just some blatant whine - i whine to my friends, not here.

Oh, and i wasnt the one asking. But he choosed to ignore the one who did 3 different times and towers in a row.

Ritchie

Banned
If he is breaking the CoC then by all means report it and we'll investigate. We aren't going to ban someone because they are unpopular however. 10,000 Rightnow reports simply requesting he be banned will not lead to him getting banned. I don't think anyone would agree that banning people purely based on popular request is a good idea.

Wasnt that why you banned TT ? because of peoples complaints...... that SotG rule can be used when are where you want it to be used, the way he plays is against the spirit of the game and you know it, but you choose to do nothing.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Well... Aslong as he is not bugabusing and playing by the rules (killing a lord, only 3 emotes a person etc) he cannot be banned..

And taking a tower is perfectly running along with the preciouse SoTG :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Wasnt that why you banned TT ? because of peoples complaints...... that SotG rule can be used when are where you want it to be used, the way he plays is against the spirit of the game and you know it, but you choose to do nothing.

Firstly we didn't ban TT. Secondly we absolutely did not take action because of complaints. It was because two individuals had crossed a line that we were not prepared to see blurred. I'm not sure how you can describe taking towers as being against the spirit of the game - capturing RvR objectives pretty much defines the spirit of the game. If you weren't referring to that then please feel free to clarify your point.

Olly

Loyal Freddie

I agree. But what Horner is doing here must be seen as some kind of mass-harassment. He is really making people want to quit the game, and as subscribers we simply wont pay for something that makes us angry over and over and over again.

Thing is, he find it fun and entertaining to ruin(*) for everyone else.
Which makes "everyone else" to find something else to do.
Which makes people not logging on to daoc, and im sure you know what happens in the end.

* = what i mean with he likes to ruin for people is like the story i wrote in a prevous post in this thread.
He didnt want to make rp.
He didnt want fair fights.
He sure as hell didnt want 1 more tower for his title-list.
He didnt want anything but making the rest of the albion players there angry and sad.

And yes, i know, "omg u died in a rvr zone"-talk is not what im fishing for here, as he is in my realm and cant kill me.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Instead we could vote you for the biggest idiot alive on the cluster.

As long as he is not cheating you have no legitimate position to ask for something like that JUST because you or others don't like him or the way how he plays.

People been killed because someone didn't like them and your behaviour is just a first step in the wrong direction.

Olly

Loyal Freddie

Please, back to topic.

Requiel said:
Firstly we didn't ban TT. Secondly we absolutely did not take action because of complaints. It was because two individuals had crossed a line that we were not prepared to see blurred. I'm not sure how you can describe taking towers as being against the spirit of the game - capturing RvR objectives pretty much defines the spirit of the game. If you weren't referring to that then please feel free to clarify your point.[/B]

We didnt want to take the tower, merely trying to lure the hibernians (and midgardians aswell) out for some realm versus realm action.

Olly

Loyal Freddie
Instead we could vote you for the biggest idiot alive on the cluster.

As long as he is not cheating you have no legitimate position to ask for something like that JUST becouse you or others don't like him or the way how he plays.

People been killed because someone didn't like them and your behaviour is just a first step in the wrong direction.

Oh please, yes vote me for the biggest idiot alive on the cluster. For the reason that i want to get rid of someone who makes just about EVERYONE (both his own realm and the enemy realms) feeling upset and angry.

Have you seen alot of whine from me? I dont think so.

Ritchie

Banned
Firstly we didn't ban TT. Secondly we absolutely did not take action because of complaints. It was because two individuals had crossed a line that we were not prepared to see blurred. I'm not sure how you can describe taking towers as being against the spirit of the game - capturing RvR objectives pretty much defines the spirit of the game. If you weren't referring to that then please feel free to clarify your point.

Im not complaining about him taking keeps

What i do complain about is no matter what, if he killed them or not any person on the floor gets 3 /rofl or /rude from each of his bots. He abuses bugs sending pets inside keeps that go through walls and also where a pet he sent inside a keep could not be targeted or hit no matter where we dragged it to, im sure this was reported and NOTHING was done.

Now that to me is grief play, and its not just he odd time, he aims to grief play the whole time he plays, if you play yourself which im sure you do then you know this, you cannot deny the way he plays will annoy most people. For example some guy thats new to RvR and dies, then has 3 supposed people for all he knows come over and rofl and rude gesture him.... thats a nice experience for a new player to have. Now tell me thats within the spirit of the game.

As for the TT banning it been discussed a lot, but i think how can you look at your actions against TT and think you did the right thing, i think you know now you did the wrong thing in hindsight, but will not admit it because it would undermine you and make you look stupid.

How can you justify banning people who were doing their best to benefit the community and then not ban someone who goes out of his way everyday to try and piss people off, be it from his own realm or the enemy realm.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
FYI I did take a tower today too this way on Bipolar-E, didn't read broad chat and I couldn't care less if Custodia wanted to farm some Brehons there or not.

I helped to defend Crim and helped to retake the towers and I do not care how you want to devide the RPs among the Albs.

Olly

Loyal Freddie
FYI I did take a tower today too this way on Bipolar-E, didn't read broad chat and I couldn't care less if Custodia wanted to farm some Brehons there or not.

I helped to defend Crim and helped to retake the towers and I do not care how you want to devide the RPs among the Albs.

Doesnt have anything to do with what im trying to make here either.
Yes, you did it once (without knowing what we were aiming for).
Horner did it 3 (Three) times, with 3 (three) different towers, with 3 (THREE) different players asking him not to. And then i logged.

Edit: And he knew what we were trying to do.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1) He doesn't cheat
2) He pays his subs = He can play however he likes too
3) He found a way to win 90% of the time, so he does

There is no way you can ban him for doing that :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Doesnt have anything to do with what im trying to make here either.
Yes, you did it once (without knowing what we were aiming for).
Horner did it 3 (Three) times, with 3 (three) different towers, with 3 (THREE) different players asking him not to. And then i logged.

Well he is racing for RR13 prolly and it's his right to race for that. I'd like to see all the ominous honourable Albs that are not racing for RPs but play fair, and while you are at it, name the Hibs and Mids too. I doubt you can make a list that is much bigger than a dozen of players for each realm.

Do you want to ban them too or are you so biased that you don't see certain others doing lame things 3 times in a row?

Olly

Loyal Freddie
1) He doesn't cheat
2) He pays his subs = He can play however he likes too
3) He found a way to win 90% of the time, so he does

There is no way you can ban him for doing that :(

Bambi, thats not what im trying to do either.
Im trying to get him banned (or warned!!!11) for griefing!
Thats the things he do to piss people off. Im not pissed off because he wins over me, he cant as im in the same realm!
Like emotes, ruining different kind of plans, beeing completly ignorant and calling people names in broad, and etc etc etc.

Ritchie

Banned
I can understand why you don't like him. Whenever you and Netcode farm Warders or Brehon he is around to kill you.

Deal with that in game, other than that you are just a sore loser.

Obviously it would be you to bring up the horner pwns you so cry more jajaja

about 80% of the time i meet horner solo on my bd i will win, i have screenshots of him hitting for 80-100 in moc if you want them, dex debuff zou demoralise and qc root his pet is quite enough to kill him when he dumps,

Most of the time you will find him in the zerg though, and if your getting zerged anyway it doesnt really matter. So please let this thread be..... it doesnt need or want you.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
He is usually silent when you don't provoke him, at least that's my experience.

I got some shit PMs too today after I was one of five nuking a Tower Lord and I wasn't friendly to that idiot starting with that.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

There are plenty of things that you could say are "for the realm" or "in the spirit of the game" but at the same time entirely counter productive. Some examples:

Breaking mezz. Plenty of times its been much better to leave people messed than do 100 damage to them but let them start hitting you back.
Using seige equipment (boiling oil) and thus prevent other more organised people from using it.
Standing or placing crystal titans in towers/keeps which allow easy aoe nukes/interupts.
Killing guards or other action that gives away your position when you are trying to ninja a tower/keep.
Nobody will get banned for these but people can abuse this and many other ingame mechanics. Most of the time its just less experienced players not knowing there stuff but in players who know betters its clearly griefing.

GMs should stay out of ingame politics. It would be easy to code in a mechanism which allowed more than 1 guild to contributed to the keeps upkeep and hence level. Did the relic get taken while TT owned the keep at level 1? No. Was it taken off CM when the keep was level 9? Yes.

Olly

Loyal Freddie
Well he is racing for RR13 prolly and it's his right to race for that. I'd like to see all the ominous honourable Albs that are not racing for RPs but play fair, and while you are at it, name the Hibs and Mids too. I doubt you can make a list that is much bigger than a dozen of players for each realm.

Do you want to ban them too or are you so biased that you don't see certain others doing lame things 3 times in a row?

Sigh, i really dont think you are as ignorant as you pretend to be. Or maybe you are now that i think of it. The thing is though, if there would have been more than a dozen hibs and mids left, im sure id get more than half a dozen.
Why not try to save whats left?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sigh, i really dont think you are as ignorant as you pretend to be. Or maybe you are now that i think of it. The thing is though, if there would have been more than a dozen hibs and mids left, im sure id get more than half a dozen.
Why not try to save whats left?

I am not ignorant. You have to be able to see two sides of the fence here, while I don't like a lot of things that Horner is doing I have to give him credit for some others and I have to accept that morals in a game actually do not exist (being honourable or not) as long as you play within the boundaries of the game and do not cheat. That being said I usually leave tower lords alone if asked and I am sure I am quite fair when playing solo or in groups.

Olly

Loyal Freddie
I am not ignorant. You have to be able to see two sides of the fence here, while I don't like a lot of things that Horner is doing I have to give him credit for some others and I have to accept that morals in a game actually do not exist (being honourable or not) as long as you play within the boundaries of the game and do not cheat. That being said I usually leave tower lords alone if asked and I am sure I am quite fair when playing solo or in groups.

I am seeing 2 sides of the fence. That may not be all the sides theres to that fence, but from the 2 sides i can see Horner is doing everything he can to piss people off -> making people log off -> making people cancel theyre subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom