A frontier XP session that went wrong

T

Torvarg

Our day started pretty bad, one of our healers got LD and ran off and died in the middle of malmo, so we decide to move to another spot.
So we thought we'd try some Windswept Wraiths in the frontier.

After some hours we all dinged 41 and thought we should get the new PBAoE for our SMs, so instead of running back to Svasud/Vindsaul we thought we'd suicide on APK.

But we never got that far....

With our mainhealer logged out and two people AFK, the shaman and one SM, we started running.
Just after we passed the Glacier Giant we saw a fullgroup (turned out to be 10) albs running in the woods.

At first we thought we'd run, but then we figured what the heck, we gonna suicide anyway.
So we charged them! =)

We charged them with the hope of atleast killing one of them.
Tornrosa (SM) played both the SM's since Fishermans was away.
And the shaman was home sleeping stuck to me.

So after a huge amount of lvl 34 PBAoEs beeing cast, all instas we could think of... this was the result:

http://home.no/statte/Getting_Wet.jpg

We don't know if they were all lvl 50's but not a single one was lower then orange+, all from the same guild.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Torvarg
[BWe don't know if they were all lvl 50's but not a single one was lower then orange+, all from the same guild. [/B]

\o/ and gratz :D

BTW lvl 50's are red to to someone of lvl 41 ;)

T

Torvarg

Originally posted by Tiarta
yer i noticed the deathspam when i was on my way to hmg :)

well done and even with 3 afk ^^

was 3 afk also when this happened ?

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/gobo/sshot360.jpg
;)

Hehe yes they were all home sleeping, we were so excited we just rushed away and hoped to die, a second time =)

Thanks for sending us home Powahhhh and Co. =)
Hope to see you out there when we hit 50.

G

Garbannoch Nox

lol nice

the albs were mostly rr2-3 but amazing for a group of lvl 41s

well done :clap:

A

Arnor

:ROFLMAO:

gif names on the noobalbs \o/

(i know, thats a bottomless pit, but hey :p )

P

Puppetmistress

Intercepting pets, insta-CC, access to AE stun, well buffed and probably a just as messy, semi-AFK Alb-group as yours.

The intercepting pet however is the key to this, just idiotic how many people it can take to kill a SM in melee.

R

-RG-Jaond

For King Arthur in my Epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!!!!!!!!111111111

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Intercepting pets, insta-CC, access to AE stun, well buffed and probably a just as messy, semi-AFK Alb-group as yours.

The intercepting pet however is the key to this, just idiotic how many people it can take to kill a SM in melee.

So basically it´s "just normal" that mids won?

Didnt know midgard was this overpowered :rolleyes:

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Kallio
So basically it´s "just normal" that mids won?

Didnt know midgard was this overpowered :rolleyes:

try and hit a spiritmaster in melee and you understand its overpoweredness. Also dont forget the SM has a STR/CON debuff which will reduce the weaponskill of the enemy and probably also increases chance to intercept.

Notice how they said they where XP'ing, so probably even a buffed SM-pet which cannot be killed in melee normally and will probably due to buggy shit intercept even more.

Both forms of insta-CC are down on the pac-healer (look at his quickbar) and both pets are alive.

I kinda know what happened. The only reason why Mids dont run SM-groups often is that they have savages.

And yes, gimme my QQ more now :D

K

Kallio

I´m not saying that intercepting pets arent good, as a matter of fact they´re great! Guard + Pet gives you a nice melee absorbtion in RvR.

Then again level 41 mids vs. level 50 albs. Albs SHOULD´VE won, rite? :D

Been thinking fo running those SM groups btw, when Arnor finishes his exams and so on you´ll maybe see some mids with pbae(or when the Domination gets to work again).

Everyone wants to run pbae, but no-one wants to join a pbae guild! :p

A

AzuratMinimus

Only reason mids don´t run pbaoe groups is prolly that hibs got baod and gp. Quite easy to kill a alb group though if you get the jump.

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Kallio
Then again level 41 mids vs. level 50 albs. Albs SHOULD´VE won, rite? :D

Maybe you lost the part where it was said albs were not 50lvl as well? :D

C

corentmm

mids won??? nerf.... (hang on no savages there).....something else...

H

Hit ^_^

Well Done :)

ps. to the ppl claming sm overpweredness in group rvr.
ever tried killing the pet first? a lvl41 sm's pet aint that hard :>

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by AzuratMinimus
Only reason mids don´t run pbaoe groups is prolly that hibs got baod and gp. Quite easy to kill a alb group though if you get the jump.

christ this comment gets on my tits, its such a lame excuse, hibs run melee grps when albs got 2x bof soldiers baricade, pally chants etc etc, spec af on clerics, and these are a LOT more common than baod will ever be, so the baod excuse is long gone. The reason mids don't run pbaoe grps is because of savages, and nothing else.

O

old.Zoyster

You See Mr Arnor............here is my proof ! SM's the best PBAOE'ers.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
Well Done :)

ps. to the ppl claming sm overpweredness in group rvr.
ever tried killing the pet first? a lvl41 sm's pet aint that hard :>

fully buffed level 41 sm's pet is probably going to take forever to kill...

and a level 41 pbaoe is pretty nasty - there's no level-damage-reduction in RvR like in PvE...

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
and a level 41 pbaoe is pretty nasty - there's no level-damage-reduction in RvR like in PvE...

It was a lvl34 pbaoe :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
It was a lvl34 pbaoe :p

still hits for quite a bit :)

well played though - though I'd have thought you'd have done a bit better against a duo afterwards mind you ;)

goes to show you it's rather important who's actually awake and at their keyboard :)

D

Driwen

there is level damage reduction if I am not mistaken. There is no hit reduction based on levels in RvR though.

anyway this is more about who was awake and who wasnt, as the mids only had 4 people active (3 were afk). Also I dont think their pets were fully buffed as they arent themself.

Ow and as far as I know mids wont run PBAoE groups, because even det tank based group with zerkers would be a more secure win. For start you can run into BAOD and when you get jumped by others there is a smaller chance than with det tank group to win the fight. However PBAoE groups seem to be more fun and there are some out there though.

L

living

I'd still say: Chanter > SM.. Played both at 50 and the pet is still nice and ranged nuke when PBae aint a option is way better : )

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Driwen
there is level damage reduction if I am not mistaken. There is no hit reduction based on levels in RvR though.

the level damage reduction you see on monsters is due to the to-hit code...

players work differently from monsters too - you nuke a green monster for more because it has a lower con... and con = amount of damage taken for a monster. On a player you nuke for the same damage, but they have less hp.

my earth wiz at level 35 was terrorizing milegates with his aoe snare nuke... still hit for around 100 back then.

V

VodkaFairy

Nice :)

Looks like you'll all ding 50 on the same mob, don't forget to make a screenie when that happens :p

D

Driwen

the level damage reduction you see on monsters is due to the to-hit code...

players work differently from monsters too - you nuke a green monster for more because it has a lower con... and con = amount of damage taken for a monster. On a player you nuke for the same damage, but they have less hp.

my earth wiz at level 35 was terrorizing milegates with his aoe snare nuke... still hit for around 100 back then.

dont see how the to-hit code must be the same one as the level damage reduction.

I always assumed the change didnt affect damage level dependency as I was always hit for way more when I was lowbie than other people would. But that could be, because of a lower AF cap and hitting for less, because you have a lower dmg cap.

We have removed the level-based "to-hit" modifier from RvR combat. This means that lower-level players will be able to hit higher-level targets much easier (albeit for a small amount of damage). This affects all damage in the game, including melee, bow, and spell damage. Please note that this change removes only the chance your character has "to hit" his opponent, and makes it possible for lower level players to enjoy RvR combat.

this is the change, the part of small amount had suggested to me that damage reduction based on level was still active. However I seem to be mistaken there then :).

Users who are viewing this thread