New Albion Frontier

P

pitspawn

Wow looks superb, much nicer positioning of relic keeps and even a merchant town that you can craft in (Craft in frontiers :D) The monastary area looks great too, sounds a bit like a CS map :p Nooks and crannies to hide in, great stuff!!! :great:

R

rure_

I really hope the zerging will decrease with the new frontiers.

O

old.Filip

PLz dont tell me the RvR dungeons BOTH ARE AT THE RELIC KEEPS ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF ........

i hope they NOT connectet to the other zone's.....

i hope some1 can tell me that this aint true ?

Edit: i see the dungeons are placed at the relic keeps in all frontiers ....

so i guess they not connectet any longer ?

P

pitspawn

Originally posted by Imon
Have you ever been to a keep called beno?

The merchant villages are near both the Border keep and relic keep EG Wont take a year to run to and wont be totally iscollated. Plus beno is rarely owned by alb ;)

Who knows, the village might become as well used as diogel once was. Then again probably not.

Z

zoia

Originally posted by rure_
I can see it all so clearly....
Thousands of guards running all over the place, between all the keeps and towers.
This time even with end regen and sprinting at speed 6.
Increased aggro range and calling for help once they see someone, making it impossible to solo.
Even making it hard for a FG to survive more than 5 min, unless it's a high RR/ML group or a zerg.

Just a feeling i have, hope i'm wrong :p

R

rure_

Originally posted by zoia
I can see it all so clearly....
Thousands of guards running all over the place, between all the keeps and towers.
This time even with end regen and sprinting at speed 6.
Increased aggro range and calling for help once they see someone, making it impossible to solo.
Even making it hard for a FG to survive more than 5 min, unless it's a high RR/ML group or a zerg.

Just a feeling i have, hope i'm wrong :p

not even mythic is that stupid :p

V

Vodor

not even mythic is that stupid :p

They were stupid enough to ruin the best part of Jamtland, Briefine and Pennines with aggro mobs, unscalable cliffs, large tracts of water etc, and stupid enough to spam the frontiers with speed7 guards that serve to keep the FG and smaller scale action in Emain, Odin's gate etc

Z

zoia

I was hoping for a huge island in the middle :(

Still early though. Hope they add one later.

H

hotrat

Hopefully now all 6 relic keeps will be *balanced*, I did wonder if Mythic would ever fix the fact that the relic keep in Snowdonia was totally unfair compared to the other 5.

The overview map does look good, what worries me is all the towers and keeps and the patrols they might have. Almost all three of the merchant keep zones(emain, odins, hadrians) now have 3 keeps instead of only 1 before. However the central zones (breifine, pennine, jamtland) only have 1 or 2 whereas before they had 4.

By the look of it you can also get a boat from the central zone and sail right to the enemy central zone.

Heh its a shame all that blue isn't just land with no keeps, no guards, no aggro mobs, just tree's and hills and rvr bliss :)

If the keeps do still have patrols the safest area to me looks like the very most north part of odins, once you get around the first keep you have a very long strech until you meet the river, then cross the river (avoiding the island keep) and continue up and around the hill, then carry on east and a bit south below the impassable mountains until you reach yggdra forest.

That is of course if the towers don't have patrols, and you will notice each keep has 4 towers seemingly associated with it.

O

Onedda

dungeon on the new midgard map is so close to the relic keep,
or am i wrong.

or is it just the way the map as been drawn up ???

W

Whisperess

"Players who die in the frontiers will release to the Border keep, regardless of where they are bound."

Two sides of every coin I guess.

1. Oh no, they don't have to port. They can just keep a constant zerg up!

2. Yay! They don't have to port. They don't necessarily run out at the same time as the others due to amassing a horde on the porting-pad.

If the frontiers are large enough ( which they seem ) - case #1 is not likely unless they're getting killed very close to the Border keep.

their pace has quickened

O

old.yaruar

interesting to see the relic keeps behind some sort of milegate type structure, could lead to more interesting battles than the straight sieges we've seen up till now.

hopefully the rewards for tower/keep/relic raiding will make it more worthwile...

W

Whisperess

oh, and this one is interesting :)

"Rope bridges can be used to cross between plateaus."

^^

O

old.Thanatlos

4 - Umboto Gorge. <<< hahahaha

Any fans of blackadder should see some humor here! Tried to find the exact quote but couldn't but this seems to apply nicely to albs :)

Also, seems quite nice that there's 2 entrances to dungeons next to the relic keeps, means they intend on a redesign of the rvr dungeons imo.

W

warlock_es

It looks like Emain will be the most attractive for RvR zone once again.

A

arrakeen

i like the new frontiers, really hope they will be fun to play in, could use some variance atm :)

S

Stormm

all looks good .. just hope they are really gonna implement worthwhile reasons to rvr and spread the action rather than just killing to farm rp's

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Filip
PLz dont tell me the RvR dungeons BOTH ARE AT THE RELIC KEEPS ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF ........

i hope they NOT connectet to the other zone's.....

i hope some1 can tell me that this aint true ?

Edit: i see the dungeons are placed at the relic keeps in all frontiers ....

so i guess they not connectet any longer ?

seems your mongo button is stuck again

A

Arnor

Originally posted by hotrat
Hopefully now all 6 relic keeps will be *balanced*, I did wonder if Mythic would ever fix the fact that the relic keep in Snowdonia was totally unfair compared to the other 5.

The overview map does look good, what worries me is all the towers and keeps and the patrols they might have. Almost all three of the merchant keep zones(emain, odins, hadrians) now have 3 keeps instead of only 1 before. However the central zones (breifine, pennine, jamtland) only have 1 or 2 whereas before they had 4.

By the look of it you can also get a boat from the central zone and sail right to the enemy central zone.

Heh its a shame all that blue isn't just land with no keeps, no guards, no aggro mobs, just tree's and hills and rvr bliss :)

If the keeps do still have patrols the safest area to me looks like the very most north part of odins, once you get around the first keep you have a very long strech until you meet the river, then cross the river (avoiding the island keep) and continue up and around the hill, then carry on east and a bit south below the impassable mountains until you reach yggdra forest.

That is of course if the towers don't have patrols, and you will notice each keep has 4 towers seemingly associated with it.

do me a favor, take the time it takes for you to get (without speed) from sauvage to your power-relic keep. (with horsies etc)

M

Merl

Looks very nice indeed. Hope it spreads the rvr out a bit more across the realms, new keep layouts look nice aswell and definetly like the new Relic positions and the milegates defending them, could make for some nice sieges me thinks :)

O

old.Sko

Albs prepare to zerg macha:
paradeofsailinCL.gif

A

Auriel

Originally posted by Whisperess
oh, and this one is interesting :)

"Rope bridges can be used to cross between plateaus."

^^

Imagine the fun you could have with a bucket of grease and troll horde! xD

P

PJS

Originally posted by old.Thanatlos
4 - Umboto Gorge. <<< hahahaha

Any fans of blackadder should see some humor here! Tried to find the exact quote but couldn't but this seems to apply nicely to albs :)

Also, seems quite nice that there's 2 entrances to dungeons next to the relic keeps, means they intend on a redesign of the rvr dungeons imo.

Attacking pygmies with rather menacing fruit

PS. dont stick pencils up your nose, underpants on your head and say "wibble"

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Arnor
do me a favor, take the time it takes for you to get (without speed) from sauvage to your power-relic keep. (with horsies etc)

arnor - look at the current frontier zone maps...

hib power relic is a short jog along the road from the border keep.

mid one is a bit more tricky - it's the other side of the lake, or a longer trip around the side.

alb one is the other side of the zone, with no safe road there.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Arnor
Well, if you really want to do this comparison, sure we can sort that out... 3 options for getting from the portal keep to the power relic keep in each realm. If you want to assume the character has no speed spell of his own, okay... (distances are from-map estimates)

1) Through the frontier (quickest routes afaik)
alb: Sauvage (hastener) ~50k -> Renaris (hastener) ~60k -> Berkstead (hastener) ~20k -> Sursbrooke (hastener) ~50k -> Hurbury (hastener) ~60k -> Myrddin
hib: Ligen (hastener) ~50k -> Ailinne (hastener) ~40k -> na nGed (hastener) ~50k -> Scathaig (hastener) ~20k -> Dagda
mid: Svasud (hastener) ~30k -> Fensalir (hastener) ~50k -> Arvakr (hastener) ~40k -> Grallarhorn

2) Through the homeland (horsies)
alb: Sauvage (horse) ~250k -> Snowdonia (hastener) ~70k -> Myrddin
hib: Ligen (horse) ~240k -> Cain (hastener) ~40k -> Dagda
mid: Svasud (horse) ~180k -> Vindsaul (hastener) ~50k -> Grallarhorn

3) Via housing zone (2 ports would be the same for everyone, ~2-12 mins)
alb: Sauvage (port) -> house (port) -> Snowdonia (hastener) ~70k -> Myrddin
hib: Svasud (port) -> house (port) -> Cain (hastener) ~40k -> Dagda
mid: Ligen (port) -> house (port) -> Vindsaul (hastener) ~50k -> Grallarhorn

So.. if you want to go away and get the times for the Midgard routes, I'm sure I could get the Albion ones too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread