New Albion Frontier

T

treaza

I just hope that those dungeons in the map r not dodens entrences... else u see an full rr force poping next to an relic keep.

F

fl-gorre

Originally posted by old.Sko
Albs prepare to zerg macha:
paradeofsailinCL.gif
ROFL!

H

hotrat

In addition to what Pin and Flimgoblin said the snowdonia power relic keep is also not on a hill, but the distance thing was more the issue :)

K

Kagato.

Balance is nice, but really, the frontiers are almost identical to each other now, the exact same features in the exact same layout, just at a different angle.

How dull.

And now solo will be pretty much impossible, theres no safe zone or areas without guard patrols so far as I can see, without stealth solo and non-full groups wont have a chance anymore, heck the RvR dungeos are now safely tucked behind 2 triple-milegates near the relics, which I doubt will see much action at times other then relic raids.

The frontiers look nice but designed for the sole purpose of very large scale war fare which we already know and have proven many times already recently, that our servers cannot handle. fg vs fg will be slower now due to increased guard interferance I think, and solo impossible.

A

Arnor

login in now to take the time, horse from svas -> vinds, run to grallar.

A

Arnor

09:48:29

so just about 10mins, from the middle of svasud till ported inside grallar. Straight line running from yggdra->grallar.

R

Ravenbourne

bit unfair on the albs, they dont even know their way around the current Alb frontier, how do they expect them to start to learn a brand new one

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Pin
Always the optimist, right Kagato?

1.65 destroyed what little optimism I had left for this game.

B

belth

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
bit unfair on the albs, they dont even know their way around the current Alb frontier, how do they expect them to start to learn a brand new one

Whereas you'll just /stick the bard...

P

Pin

Originally posted by Arnor
09:48:29

so just about 10mins, from the middle of svasud till ported inside grallar. Straight line running from yggdra->grallar.

1) Through the frontier
alb: 15:38 using hasteners... 9:33 using minstrel speed

2) Through the homeland (horsies)
alb: 12:13 using hastener... 10:26 using minstrel speed.

3) Via housing zone (2 ports would be the same for everyone, ~2-12 mins)
alb: port time + 4:57 using hastener... port time + 3:12 using minstrel speed

So.. using horses and snodonia hastener, alb was 2.5 mins longer than mid.... care to time the other routes? ;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Pin
1) Through the frontier
alb: 15:38 using hasteners... 9:33 using minstrel speed

2) Through the homeland (horsies)
alb: 12:13 using hastener... 10:26 using minstrel speed.

3) Via housing zone (2 ports would be the same for everyone, ~2-12 mins)
alb: port time + 4:57 using hastener... port time + 3:12 using minstrel speed

So.. using horses and snodonia hastener, alb was 2.5 mins longer than mid.... care to time the other routes? ;)

I would if I wasnt such a noob :x

tbh I dunno how do get to grallar through frontiers :eek:

P

Pin

Originally posted by Arnor
I would if I wasnt such a noob :x

tbh I dunno how do get to grallar through frontiers :eek:
No wonder you rolled Alb on Pryd ;)

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by rure_
I really hope the zerging will decrease with the new frontiers.
Everything Mythic is doing is gearing towards more 'Zerg' fights and less 'FG vs FG' fights....... so I wouldn't count on it.

They've also mentioned that they intend to introduce much more 'customability' for Keeps and Siege warfare - wouldn't be too surprised if Frontiers RvR is very Keep / location based

O

old.Ramas

The real Myrrdin problems are

1) Odds of detecting an incoming zerg or log on to Myrridin are lower than the other keeps.

2) Myrrdin is backed into a corner, meaning that the natural approach for defenders is the same as the natural place attackers will be standing, and it's easier to blockade as a result.

3) Snowdonia aggro is a pain in the ass for incoming defenders.

The extra few minutes theoretical travel time is a problem of course (and is probably worth about half a door), but not the real killer imo.

I

Ilur_oom

wait... they will fill those lines with mobs and you wont be able to use that frontier... wait and see =P

seriously i hope this will enhance gameplay alot ...
fair enough to say thx mythic... u did one thing right

O

old.Icebreaker

Posted By: Sanya Thomas 2004-01-15 15:45:03
The number one question in our New Frontiers feedback file is "Will you reset relics when the expansion launches?" Under normal circumstances, we never do relic resets, but for the launch of the expansion, it is important that all Realms start out on a level playing field - so the answer is yes.

Tihihi, hibs get their Strentgh Relic back after 2 years and 272872 Spider Webs in Dun Lamfhota ( can't even remember the name of this Relic Keep ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread